FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7388-5-14-12-if-you-build-motivational-thread-they-will-come.html)

canary52 05-15-2012 01:36 AM

1) 6+ glasses of water, 6
2) stretch, Yes
3) write two hours a day 5 days a week, Yes if you call sitting and blankly staring at my screen then writing very little writing
4) 1500 calories or <, 1273
5) lose at least 1 lb this week, not yet!
6) keep positive, tryyyyyyyying

I see a lot of success othere: Nobe, Mern, Cassie, Jho.

Jho, I'm glad you enjoyed my "Whitney." I love the idea of karaoke FD, how would it work???!!!???

Cassiem, I have no idea why you thought of those Oreos...but now I'm thinking of them!!! I might have to go get some SF ones and sing "I Will Always Love You" to them. HCKG sugar free is the way to go (at least for me! and maybe you too, huh?)

Lizzie, how are things going overseas? Glad you're joining us!! I knos it's tough to say no to the croissants but you will feel better after the fruit.

Mern, what's up with you? I miss your contributions!!!

Mike where ya at? Tori, can you get him back?

Amy?

Tunnrida 05-15-2012 01:45 AM

calories intake max 1200 - m/y, t/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y, t/y
drink neem - m/y, t/y
take walks - m/y t/y
don't eat junk food - m/y, t/y
don't drink alcohol - m/y, t/y
drink lots of water - m/n, t/y

terribly frustrated

canary52 05-15-2012 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tunnrida (Post 81232)
calories intake max 1200 - m/y, t/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y, t/y
drink neem - m/y, t/y
take walks - m/y t/y
don't eat junk food - m/y, t/y
don't drink alcohol - m/y, t/y
drink lots of water - m/n, t/y

terribly frustrated

Why? You look like you're doing great.

Jho82 05-15-2012 02:44 AM

I was going to say the same thing Hope - Tunnrida - whats up?! You did so great yesterday! What is causing your frustration - maybe we can help!

Hope - you did ok too! My hubby struggles with writing too (his research) - don't discount the 2hrs of effort you put in even though very little came from it! Maybe some of the thought process will help your flow of writing later this week! I don't know how the Karaoke would work...just random lyrics from songs? I joined a Karaoke website a couple of weeks ago but everyone is sooo good that I haven't sang anything yet! It records you and you can post it for people to see! I wanted to try it to overcome my fear of public speaking but I don't think its going to work...I'm a pretty terrible singer!

Mern 05-15-2012 03:09 AM

Hope, my brother's 33 year old stepson was killed in a motorcycle accident in his home state of Georgia over the weekend. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. He leaves a wife and two daughters ages about 6 and 3. The funeral was yesterday and I was unable to attend.

I've been on the phone and online with family a lot over the past several days and haven't kept up with our group, but I'm on track with food and exercise.

Kudos to all who are doing well and big hugs to you who are struggling.

jeannedehart 05-15-2012 03:11 AM

A day late but here I am for the week. My week started off with car troubles, meddling friends trying to help me with car troubles and another rush job (which is done and out the door). I appreciate my friends and their eagerness to enlist their husbands to help me with car issues, but this time it just made more work on my part and I reverted back to plan A with time lost during the day. Oh well - it's behind me now.

Also this weekend I hinted to my mother my frustration at losing weight and she called me Monday morning trying to tell me what I needed to do to lose weight because her sister had lost 10 pounds following some guy name Jorge and his diet. She doesn't get it at all and I wish I had kept my mouth shut. She basically told me I didn't know what I was doing and that I needed to take this pill and that, etc. Ugh - just go away mom. She has never dieted in her life so hard to take what she says with any seriousness. She just does not understand.

Goals for the week

1. Walk and / or exercise daily- M:Y
2. Calories 1,000 or less daily - M:N
3. Water - 100+ oz daily - M:Y
4. Log activities and food daily - M:Y
5. Bed by 11 pm - M:N
6. Go for a 1/2 day hike this weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! And it looks like we are all off to a great start this week!

cjohnson728 05-15-2012 03:18 AM

Mern, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Hugs, and prayers for you and your family.

Jho, Hope, Tunnrida, HKG...your reports look great! Tunnrida, what's the frustration?

Lizzie, hope you're enjoying yourself! Good job sticking with your walk today!

jeanne, I hear your frustration, both with it coming off so slowly and with your family members and friends. With total respect that you know your body best, I just want to share that my weight loss completely stalls when I get below 1100, 1200 calories. Put me up to 1300 and it chugs along like clockwork (as long as I do what I'm supposed to). My metabolism just balks when I don't feed it, I guess. Other things I do to get it moving are to change up my exercise routine and change up the ratios in my pie chart. I hope you find a solution soon...wish I had a magic pill for you.

Gotta run...I somehow ended up the only doc out of four here today and things are sliding onto my schedule I did not expect. Fun times!

ToriD1012 05-15-2012 03:38 AM

Goals
1: log everything--yes
2: water, lots and lots of water...maybe just MAYBE if I imagine the water as oreos???--no
3: calories 1200-1500....for some reason lately it's like I can't eat enough. I did so well with 1200 for so long, now it's like I'm famished even when I stick to the meal plan I was on then :confused:--1251
4: some sort of extra activity every day--yes
5: don't be a slave to the scale, post starting weight and ending weight only--187.4--I SO failed and hopped on the demon machine this morning an guess what? I'm UP a pound. It seems like my worst days are when I lose weight. My good days, I gain. I freaking give up lately.

volleyballgranny 05-15-2012 03:45 AM

Mern...so sorry to hear your news. I'll pray for peace for your family.

Jeanne...I SO know what you mean about moms. My mom was never overweight until she was over 50 years old. Then she started walking and lost a tiny bit. When she was diagnosed as diabetic, she went on a very strict Atkins. After losing 25 lbs, her blood sugar and insulin use were perfect and she just added bread back about once a month. That worked for 10 years. She doesn't need to lose any more weight (in fact, she is beginning to look frail), but her blood sugar/insulin use is bad again and she is on meds. Before she got sick, she had no idea of the demons I fight to lose weight. Now, she does...my life is much easier now. We do have some differences...I have to be a carb Nazi, she doesn't. She can eat high-carb veggies and stay healthy. When I eat spaghetti squash, my blood sugar spikes as high as it does when I eat regular pasta. I also have a serious wheat allergy--it started out as something that just made me uncomfortable, but now has progressed to the point that I have actually had to be hospitalized after eating wheat...corn is worse. Still, we have a meeting ground and my mom is quick to recognize that our bodies are not identical--just because something works for her doesn't mean it will work for me. Another example...my sister went on a fat cure diet and sent it to me. She lost all the weight she'd ever need to lose and has kept it off for 10 years. I went on it and gained a pound a day--too much sugar in the fruit. Everyone is different!

Tori...as for logging, I am on strike! I logged every bite and every beverage for the last 14 months and I am just tired. I still stay under my carb/calorie goal, but I am taking a short break on logging. Honestly, I am so tired. Water? I get a minimum of 64 oz (4 16oz bottles) a day. Usually, I'm closer to a gallon of water each day.

As for daily goals...I stay away from processed foods. I'm about 90% successful with that all of the time. I fall off the wagon on things like SF Torani syrup for my coffee. If I give that up, I'll just quit drinking coffee. :p Regular sugar makes me nauseated, but I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I've been using stevia and truvia. I think I'm healthier. I haven't been losing much weight, though, and my blood sugar is still not where it needs to be. Metformin didn't help, now I'm on glumetza (which didn't work by itself) and Bydureon (a weekly shot). I am hoping that I won't have to start taking insulin. My weight loss goals are sidelined until I can get the blood sugar under control...I've lost 40 lbs in the last year and just have 20 to go.

canary52 05-15-2012 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 81239)
Hope, my brother's 33 year old stepson was killed in a motorcycle accident in his home state of Georgia over the weekend. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. He leaves a wife and two daughters ages about 6 and 3. The funeral was yesterday and I was unable to attend.

I've been on the phone and online with family a lot over the past several days and haven't kept up with our group, but I'm on track with food and exercise.

Kudos to all who are doing well and big hugs to you who are struggling.

OH, Mern, I am so sorry. I will say my little Jewish/Buddhist prayers for you and your family that you can cope with this great loss, if that is Ok with you. Big hugs to you, Mern, big hugs. My heart goes out to you and yours.