Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-07-2010, 04:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I think you're headed in the right direction diet and exercise-wise, all that advise from the experts will come in handy, although it sounds like it bored you to death having to listen to it. I made the big HEALTH leap myself in January after realizing that I just couldn't keep up with my kids - at all.

I can relate to being overweight and living in constant pain, but unlike you I'm not new to either one. I think I've been overweight since birth and living with constant knee pain since I was 9 (which was a very long time ago). That being said, I think the best thing you can do when pain is "normal" is to learn to accept that some days are going to be bad and not let it get you down overall. The other thing I can't stress enough is that you have to move those muscles, especially when you don't want to. Often the only way for me to get my pain back under control is to work the muscles, often it's painful enough I have to grit my teeth through every step. I also would recommend talking to your doctor about a drug/treatment protocol for the bad days. It's good to have some hope for a better tomorrow, and a plan of action. Good luck honey.

I know what you mean! Yeah I am taking all kinds of meds now! Hydrocodone-naprosyn-robaxin I got everything from pain to muscle spasm meds! I hate takin them though and because of my job (USAF) I cant take them during the day when it really starts to hurt so I just have to deal with it...like you said.

Well maybe we can be each others pain buddies and weight loss buddies! I def need one. The pain does get bad but the workouts and just eating right seem to help a lot. If you look under "Food stuff" and then "menus" you'll find my menu of food for everyday....that's for anybody who needs something new and doesnt like to count 5 fruits 5 veggies 4 oz of this and 6 oz of that! Maybe it'll help somebody else...it's been working so far for me. Keep in touch and let me know you're status...you can email me too if you want I'm at [email protected]
Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone
I'm just dropping off the recipes & will be back later to visit.
Alton Brown’s Braised Cabbage & Apple
· 1 tablespoons canola oil
· 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cubed
· 1 pint unfiltered apple juice
· 1/4-teaspoon caraway seeds
· 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded
Sauté the apples in oil. Add the seasonings. Stir. Add the cabbage, cover & simmer for a few minutes.
For entire recipe as written: 520 cal; 15.2g fat; 98g carbs; 5.3g pro
For entire recipe if you omit the oil: 396 cal; 1.2g fat; 98g carbs; 5.3g pro
For entire recipe if you replace the apple juice and oil & use water with ½ tsp apple cider vinegar & 1 teaspoon Splenda: 163 cal; .7g fat; 40g carbs; 5g pro. I added the Splenda & vinegar right before I added the cabbage so the apples wouldn’t absorb the flavor too strongly.

Cocoa Clouds
Preheat oven to 250
2 egg whites
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cream of tarter
1 scant tsp (a little less than a tsp) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 TBS Splenda

Total recipe: 48 cal; 0.4g fat; 3.2g carbs; 7.5g protein
Yields 50 clouds at: a little less than 1 cal; 0g fat; .06g carbs; .15g protein per cloud
Whip egg whites & begin to slowly add other ingredients when it reaches the soft peak stage. Continue to whip until it reaches stiff peak stage & egg whites have reached their maximum volume. Pipe small bite sized clouds onto a lightly oiled baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 250 (if it's a humid day add 5 minutes at a time until they're light & crispy & no longer chewy). Open oven door keeping the pan in place & allow it to cool slowly in the oven for an added fluffy crunchy texture.
Suggestions to have the eggs whipped up to their maximum volume: Never use plastic utensils, be very sure that you have no egg yolk in there, that all utensils and your hands are completely water & oil free, (any oil or water in the whites will keep them from peaking right or at all), separate the whites when the eggs are right from the fridge (easier to separate cold eggs) then allow the whites to sit on the counter, covered, to reach room temperature before whipping.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

I know why desertmountain was a fat girl. She's a kitchen diva!

Just reporting in this morning, feeling really great today. I've officially lost 60 pounds, this morning I weighed in at 183.9 (started at 244). In celebration I put on the LL Bean jeans, and actually got them buttoned. Okay, I had to lay down to zip them and then I couldn't breath, but the point is that I got them ON, and lived to tell the story. Pretty soon I'm going to wear them - outside the house, but not until I can wear them while sitting and breath.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-08-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by airbabygurl
I know what you mean! Yeah I am taking all kinds of meds now! Hydrocodone-naprosyn-robaxin I got everything from pain to muscle spasm meds! I hate takin them though and because of my job (USAF) I cant take them during the day when it really starts to hurt so I just have to deal with it...like you said.

Well maybe we can be each others pain buddies and weight loss buddies! I def need one. The pain does get bad but the workouts and just eating right seem to help a lot. If you look under "Food stuff" and then "menus" you'll find my menu of food for everyday....that's for anybody who needs something new and doesnt like to count 5 fruits 5 veggies 4 oz of this and 6 oz of that! Maybe it'll help somebody else...it's been working so far for me. Keep in touch and let me know you're status...you can email me too if you want I'm at Yahoo!
You know what works wonders for me on a really bad day? I drink double the water that I normally do (120 oz vs. 64), cut my sodium intake as much as possible, limit caffeine, then at night I take 2 Alieve (actually I buy the store brand version that are cheaper) and a short soak in the tub. Usually the next day I feel better, maybe not great but better. Naprosyn and Alieve are the same thing BTW. Naprosyn comes in different strengths, but the OTC stuff comes in a smaller dose. If I'm still bad the next day I get out the Skinners or the Bio-Freeze and lather it up over the worst areas. It's sort of like Ben Gay only stronger, I get it from my massage therapist. Arnica works well too, but you have to be careful with it.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to group hope you'll let me join.

Not sure how this works so I'll start typing. My dr says i need to lose 150 but doubt I'll ever see that happen, but for now my goal is 60 lbs. by my next birthday, which is Oct 20. I've dieted several times before and lost weight but always gained back more than i lost until about 5 years ago. I lost 45 lbs then and only gained back 30
But i'm getting arthit. in my left knee and when it is hurting really bad, it is a definite motivation to get the weight off. I read that every lb is like 3 lbs on the knee.
Started at 300 in first of March. I've now lost 20 lbs and have 40 more to go. This last week I only lost just over a lb and it's now starting to get really hard.
I'd like to lose 60 and maintain it a few months then try for another 50, which would get me below 200.
Hope to help stay motivated here.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cc1158
Not sure how this works so I'll start typing. My dr says i need to lose 150 but doubt I'll ever see that happen, but for now my goal is 60 lbs. by my next birthday, which is Oct 20. I've dieted several times before and lost weight but always gained back more than i lost until about 5 years ago. I lost 45 lbs then and only gained back 30
But i'm getting arthit. in my left knee and when it is hurting really bad, it is a definite motivation to get the weight off. I read that every lb is like 3 lbs on the knee.
Started at 300 in first of March. I've now lost 20 lbs and have 40 more to go. This last week I only lost just over a lb and it's now starting to get really hard.
I'd like to lose 60 and maintain it a few months then try for another 50, which would get me below 200.
Hope to help stay motivated here.

CC1158 - you're doing great! Keep it up with the small goals and NEVER I mean NEVER doubt that you can achieve any amount of weight loss. I personally have lost over 200 pounds and was within 60 pounds of my goal (I needed to lose 260)- then fell off the wagon for 3 years and regained 100 of it. Now I am back on the wagon and need to lose another 130 pounds. I am going to get there. It's terrifying to think that you need to lose more than half of your body, but people do it all the time. Just give yourself very small goals (I give myself 10 pound goals at a time). Good luck, I absolutely support you!
And remember, even if you don't get to 150 pounds lost - a 10% weight lost vastly reduces your chances of all kinds of diseases and complications. That's just another ten pounds for ya. Good luck you can do it!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

CC158, you can do it! You've done it before, you can do it again. I completely understand about the arthritis in the knee. Last year I fell and hurt my knee and had to see an ortho doc. The fall did do some damage, but the biggest issue was the fact that I had arthritis in my knee. Bad enough arthritis that he said that if I didn't lose a "significant amount of weight", I would end up needing knee replacement by the time I am 40. (I am 32 now) Everytime I exercise it hurts, it grinds, feels nasty. But as of today i am officially down 20.5 pounds and it is starting to hurt a little less. So, hopefully, as time goes on, yours will start to hurt less too.

I was so proud of myself this morning when I weighed myself. I set myself 10 pound goals, and I was so excited to meet my 2nd goal in a month. But tonight I went to take a shower and looked at myself long and hard in the bathroom mirror. I see no changes. And I see that I have SOOO far to go. It is so, so discouraging. Why did I let myself get this bad?? Ugh. I know we are supposed to love our bodies no matter what, but I am so not in love with my body. At all. Ugh. Seeing how far I have to go makes me want to give up. It seems like an unatainable goal. Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow morning with a much better attitude, lol.

Have a good night everyone and have a HAPPY FRIDAY!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amylee32
CC158, you can do it! You've done it before, you can do it again. I completely understand about the arthritis in the knee. Last year I fell and hurt my knee and had to see an ortho doc. The fall did do some damage, but the biggest issue was the fact that I had arthritis in my knee. Bad enough arthritis that he said that if I didn't lose a "significant amount of weight", I would end up needing knee replacement by the time I am 40. (I am 32 now) Everytime I exercise it hurts, it grinds, feels nasty. But as of today i am officially down 20.5 pounds and it is starting to hurt a little less. So, hopefully, as time goes on, yours will start to hurt less too.

I was so proud of myself this morning when I weighed myself. I set myself 10 pound goals, and I was so excited to meet my 2nd goal in a month. But tonight I went to take a shower and looked at myself long and hard in the bathroom mirror. I see no changes. And I see that I have SOOO far to go. It is so, so discouraging. Why did I let myself get this bad?? Ugh. I know we are supposed to love our bodies no matter what, but I am so not in love with my body. At all. Ugh. Seeing how far I have to go makes me want to give up. It seems like an unatainable goal. Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow morning with a much better attitude, lol.

Have a good night everyone and have a HAPPY FRIDAY!
Amylee - you rock girl. Thank you so much for this post. I have lost 26 pounds in a month and I don't see anything either. What makes matters worse is that no one has really commented on it. My boss said that my face is a little thinner but that's it. My clothes are loosening a bit... and I have another 130 pounds. I am sure we'll both need picking up from time to time as we move closer to our goals.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

SkinnyErin- Thanks! I TOTALLY relate to what you say about noone noticing. All I hear is that my face is a bit thinner too. I get aggravated! I didn't realize it would take 50+ pounds for people to notice a difference, lol. I fit into a pair of pants a size smaller than normal, and my clothes feel bigger, but I think I am the only 1 noticing. I guess the good part is that I only have about 3 chins now insted of 6. I have about 130 pounds to go also. Seems like a long way to go, but I love your quote about not having to lose 130 pounds, you have to lose 10 pounds 13 times. Motivation helps and anytime you need some let me know! Thanks for the support
Old 04-09-2010, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default encouragement

Thanks so much, I know what you mean about 20lbs not being noticeable.
But my clothes are looser and I can wear some others that used to be to tight.

I know I shouldn't weigh everyday because when you don't go down it is depressing. Really need to stop weighing every day.

Going on vac in a couple of weeks and won't be able to weigh but also will be harder to stay with it.

start weight 302
current weight 281
first goal 240
final goal 175

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.