Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-23-2010, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

I love that we are all so very honest here, I talk to myself too. I don't have a ton of self esteem issues, I decided ages ago to be happy with the fat me, she's a great lady, a great friend and a great cook - no shame in any of that. My bff is a great person, but she and I don't see eye to eye on this issue. The weird part is that she has counseled lots obese people (not all of them successfully, her own sister weighs 400+). I've been trying to tell her that some of my food issues are from the way I was socialized and some of them are from being a long time carboholic. I don't think she believes that carboholism is real, but I know from experience that it is real and that I'm a classic textbook case of it. I have memories centered around carboholic behavior from as far back as I can remember. I'm determined to get to a healthy weight in a healthy way and stay there, but that none of the effort it takes comes naturally to me - although "thin behavior" is coming more and more easily the longer I do it. I'm never going to forget being a fat girl and I'm always going to want a piece of birthday cake, even when I'm not hungry. And when I am hungry I'm going to want 2-3 pieces.
She doesn't believe in ppl being a carboholic and is a nutritionist? I'm very surprised since the books (Protein Power & several more on sugar & carbs) I've read all list tons of medical research about how high carb foods, I'm not talking non-starchy veggies here for those of you who are new to this, affect our brain chemistry & body. The books helped me to understand & get a grip on my carb addiction. What I didn't know until all this tracking on Fitday was how freakishly little of them it takes to cause me to have cravings, increase hunger, stall & gain weight.
I don't think that I've met anyone as determined as you are to loose the weight & maintain it LOL - when I read that part of your post I smiled and nodded.
I'm working on the self-esteem issues and am getting to where you're at now. No matter what my size, there's no reason not to love myself. It's funny b/c I don't judge others who are my size or even bigger, just myself. Conditioned from birth I say. LOL

I hear you on the birthday cake. What I've been doing when I start to fixate, which leads to major cravings is calling up memories of what that food tastes like when it's not made right or old & stale (for example: doughnuts- old stale & cold cheap doughnuts made with old rancid oil. Hamburgers: very old & stale bun, cold greasy cheeseburger.) and it's been helping me with the fixating/cravings for most food. But not with birthday cake & cookies. I don't think I've ever met a cookie I didn't like or a birthday cake I didn't enjoy. Sad but true.
Hope you & your family have a great weekend.

Last edited by desertmountain; 04-23-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone
Not to sure where the month of April has gone ,,,Ive been trying to get into the next decade all month with the scale doing a dance with me..well yesterday I broke thru and so today I gingerly got on the scale hoping it would be the same and I was shocked to see 3 pounds gone! I have now lost almost 31 pounds since end of January!! Now to work towards the next decade! Took more effort this time and I have to keep that in mind!
Almeeker I dont have a pedometer to join that challenge..how does the challenge work?? Are you counting steps? I like how everyone is so honest here...feels like you can talk about anything and no one judges us...
Erinn Im glad your Ds is doing better... I just got a grocery flyer in the mail this morning and there was a whole list of lean turkey cold meats for sale..such as pepperoni, salami etc..going to check them out. I am leary of the sodium in them though...do you find you retain water when you eat them??
Speedyfair when I had a craving for something sweet this week I grabbed a laughing cow fudgicle...its been very hot here and they really hit the spot!! Thats my dark spot...haha
Desertmountain Im off to the grocery store to make sure my house if full of that nutricious healthy stuff too....
Christineval and Chris. ...welcome to our group!! You found a great support group here!! We will look forward to being on this journey with you!
Jordanna love your blog!!! Ive been reading it and getting some green tips from the comments left on the site...and Im in Fort Mac. Thanks for sharing!!
Ok ladies Im normally done walking for the week..but its supposed to rain all weekend but hasnt started yet..Im off to do some groceries and then will head outside to take in some fresh air! And more exercise...the scale is a great motivator!!! Have a great weekend everyone..
Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, I forgot to add something new that I've been trying with good results so far. According to Fitday my calories should be 1200 a day. I'd read here about the ZigZag diet plan where ppl eat more calories a couple of days a week then fewer the rest of the week to average out to their target caloric intake. By accident I got started on this when I made up a batch of lentils that had like twice as many calories as I thought and I had eaten 1700 calories by the time I made out the recipe & entered it into the custom foods. The damage had been done so I cut back for the next few days to average out the 1200 per day goal and noticed a pound loss midweek. So I did it again and for my weigh in this week I've dropped 2 pounds which is twice as much as I normally loose per week.

I found that having 2 days of increased calories also allowed me to splurge with some higher calorie cooking on those days which really made me feel great. Foodie that I am it was like winning the lotto or something. For the other days I made sure that I had plenty of nutritious low cal snacks & meals preplanned.

Okay I seriously have to get to work - I need my job & I'm really slacking today-TGIF
Old 04-23-2010, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

desertmountain, hey I zigzag accidentally as well! It's called the "I eat more on weekends" diet, don't mean to, it just happens that way. During the week I stick to 1350-1400, and on the weekends I get up around 1,600. For me it's bacon at breakfast that usually does it, and sometimes eating out on Friday or Saturday night. I don't worry about Saturday too much, because I usually get to the gym, but Sunday is another story... My bff does believe that people can be carboholics, just not that it's a lifelong addiction. She doesn't think alcoholism is life long either, and that you can be completely cured of your addiction(s). I believe that you can be clean and sober or off the carbs for the rest of your life but I also believe that once you've been an addict the threat to repeat is always within you.

When it comes to self esteem, I have an unusual take on it. I put myself through college working as a seamstress in a bridal salon. We sold all sorts of gowns and did a ton of business in the pageant/entertainment industry as well. At one point I did fittings on a dress for a woman who's measurements were 38, 22, 36, and she was drop dead gorgeous to boot. During the fitting she was moaning and groaning about her jiggly boobs and her big fat baby birthing hips. So she leaves our shop with her dress and gets crowned Miss Michigan, comes back in for a dress to wear to the Miss America pageant, and has the same moan and groan session. And I decided right then and there if she couldn't be happy with her figure, there wasn't any happy to have in the entirety of the female race. Stubborn woman that I am, I just plain old fashioned made up my mind to be at peace with my body and accept me at face value. By the way she was also crowned Miss America, so I got to see two of my gowns on TV, which was very cool.

christineval, welcome to the 100 pound club. Glad you found the thread. This is a great spot for when you need advice, a little pick-up, strength on a bad day or to crow in joy from the rafters.

pattialbert, great job on the 31 pounds!!!! Today I caught up with 2 of my fat girlfriends and both of them said that I was an inspiration and they are now both dieting. One of them asked me who my inspiration was and I said the ladies on the fitday 100 pound thread. You go girl!!! The pedometer challenge is just like the weigh-in thing, you just post your steps for the week. I have to fire it up again today, the end of April-week 3 was yesterday. My pedometer was pretty cheap, there are a ton of different ones out there. I have an Omron walking style, it was $20 on Amazon.com. I like mine because it stores the data for an entire week, so I don't have to write it down to track it for the challenge. It also records aerobic steps (faster than 60 steps/minute), kcal and miles. I'm trying to get to 10,000 steps each day. You might try the local health food store for low-sodium cold cuts. I know ours has some low-sodium, low-niacin hot dogs. I bought them when I was pregnant, and baby wanted hot dogs in the worst way.

montanacricket, my skinny bff doesn't understand, but clearly you do. The first time I realized that I was a carboholic was 6 years ago when I had to go on a gluten-free diet. I thought I was going to die the first week, and I wanted to. Of course the nutritionist couldn't meet with us right away, so I had to wing it. Went to the library and checked out some books on following a GF diet. One of them had a section on carboholism, and I was a CLASSIC case.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-23-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Morning everyone
Not to sure where the month of April has gone ,,,Ive been trying to get into the next decade all month with the scale doing a dance with me..well yesterday I broke thru and so today I gingerly got on the scale hoping it would be the same and I was shocked to see 3 pounds gone! I have now lost almost 31 pounds since end of January!! Now to work towards the next decade! Took more effort this time and I have to keep that in mind!
Almeeker I dont have a pedometer to join that challenge..how does the challenge work?? Are you counting steps? I like how everyone is so honest here...feels like you can talk about anything and no one judges us...
Erinn Im glad your Ds is doing better... I just got a grocery flyer in the mail this morning and there was a whole list of lean turkey cold meats for sale..such as pepperoni, salami etc..going to check them out. I am leary of the sodium in them though...do you find you retain water when you eat them??
Speedyfair when I had a craving for something sweet this week I grabbed a laughing cow fudgicle...its been very hot here and they really hit the spot!! Thats my dark spot...haha
Desertmountain Im off to the grocery store to make sure my house if full of that nutricious healthy stuff too....
Christineval and Chris. ...welcome to our group!! You found a great support group here!! We will look forward to being on this journey with you!
Jordanna love your blog!!! Ive been reading it and getting some green tips from the comments left on the site...and Im in Fort Mac. Thanks for sharing!!
Ok ladies Im normally done walking for the week..but its supposed to rain all weekend but hasnt started yet..Im off to do some groceries and then will head outside to take in some fresh air! And more exercise...the scale is a great motivator!!! Have a great weekend everyone..
I do retain more water but I try to make up with drinking extra... it was getting to the point when I honestly couldn't bring myself to eat, I was throwing up after eating the same thing for a month solid, so I'll take it for now, then I switch back to something less salty.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default hi all

I have been catching up reading the posts and you guys are so great- talking so openly and honestly. I feel so motivated.

Congrats almeeker on the 65 lbs

Thanks for posting the salami - I also try to stay away from too much sodium, but like you said you need a change every once in a while.

I've also been doing the scale dance-lol and been up and down this past week, but steadily it is going more down than up so that's the right direction.

I took your advice desertmountain and did bump up my protein and cut back on the carbs - tried to stay with mostly veggies and it has helped. I had more energy today and took the dog for another walk- I seem to also enjoy being more active without the extra pounds to carry around.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default Fabulous 100 pound club

What is this club? I need to be a member it seems! How does it work?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Francesfortune
What is this club? I need to be a member it seems! How does it work?
Well, it's free and all you have to do is log-on, read and type. It's a really nice place to chit chat about the ups and downs of facing a 100+ pound weight loss. I think as a group we're particularly honest with each other. I've honestly posted my weight here, and until I did that I hadn't actually told another living soul just how high that number had gotten. It was actually quite refreshing to come clean. We come here to vent and cheer each other on, it's all good. You're absolutely welcome to join us.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default welcome all the new friends

hi- just checking in and seeing how everyone's weekend has been- took my speedy for a walk both Fri & Sat and that's where I'm headed right now. I feel like I have so much energy lately- Maybe it's the extra protein - thanks desertmountain the carbs- even healthy veggie and fruits may have been the downfall.

I too like the zig-zag diet, I think it keeps you body of balance and I read that if you feed you body extra calories every so often and vary the calories it keeps you metabloism going. I might have 1700 calories one day a week and splurge on a treat - usually on a weekend when I can bump up my exercise and the cut back to 1200 for two days- right now I try to average 1400 calories a day.

thanks for the salami idea- checked with my local grocery and they carry a low-fat salami too- that and the new deli thin bread and it makes a great lunch with come baby carrots and a piece of fruit- maybe add some cottage cheese this week to keep up the protein and see how that goes

Hope everyone has a great and healthy day
Old 04-25-2010, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone
talking about zigzagging...this weekend was a high calorie one for sure...I got into some cookies saturday thats not on my plan? As I was eating them I was thinking to myself..you were so happy and proud to finally get into the new decade and look at what you are eating!! Back on track today
Im going to the grocery store to find some turkey stuff....

Erinn eating the same thing for a month is boring...even when I was on Phase 1 of South Beach I would look for new ways of reinventing my meals...I believe if I keep eating the same thing over and over it will set me up to fail...Im always trying new recipes. I like to eat different things on weekends as well..I normally have yogurt for breakfast during the week but weekends I will have cereal,,,that sort of thing.

Speedyfair I had to cut back on my newly introduced fruits on phase 2 of southbeach...I wasnt losing anything as soon as I started to eat them again. Now its back to an apple a day for a bit..and then try slowly to reintroduce them. Apples dont seem to affect my eating..bananas on the other hand , I just crave more and more bananas.

Almeeker I didnt get a pedometer yet, I do know how long I walk every day but just not how many steps. It would be interesting to see how many steps are in 3 miles. Thanks for the compliment about getting your inspiration here...thats so nice to hear!! There is no health food store here unfortunatly, but the grocery stores are pretty good for keeping low sodium products. Im always on the look out for them now. Im noticing a trend in canned tomatoes and some frozen veggies of not adding any sodium, YEAH!! its about time.

Desertmountain I dont know if you watch biggest loser but they gave that exact advice two weeks ago. They gave an example and I cant remember the exact plan but it was like 2 days of higher calorie eating,,3 days of lower calories, and 2 days of moderate calories...something like that. Now if your like me and tend to eat more on weekends this works perfectly! *IF* if works,,,havnt tried it but sounds doable.

I think Im going to make some of that good chili today..it was so hot here last week but has cooled right down and will be cooler this week so its a good time to make it. Its such a good go to meal when I dont feel like cooking.
have a great week everyone~~~ waving hi to everyone passing thru!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.