Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-05-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Today I have day off Jillian, so I did 2x 45 min of a stationary bicycle and walking of 1 hour!
Today I eat low, do not have much of a appetite!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. No Diet Coke (lent) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. No salt added to the plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. Less than 50% carbs M: 47%, T: 49%, W: 36%,
5. 5000 calorie deficit (may be tough with 2 days off work) M: -1024, T: -1354, W: -1805, Deficit so far this week: -4183
6. Shred 4 times minimum M: No, T: No, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
7. Weigh and post it M: 256.4lbs, T: 257.2lbs, W: 256.4lbs, Th: 256.6lbs, Weight change so far this week: +2lbs

Life Goals...
1. Get another forsynthia bush hacked off DONE!! (Tues & Weds)
2. Enjoy Monday/Tuesday with Dad DONE!! (Mon & Tues)
3. Read something not on the internet 2hrs this week (doesn't have to be all at once) 40mins Weds evening
4. Take girls for a walk (gotta get Chloe better on leash before camping) M: No, T: No, W: No,

Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I was just busy. I think I got all my goals updated. I did really well while I wasn't here. I did log what I was doing to keep track of where I was. I know that I will never catch back up on all the posts but I will be checking back through to make sure I didn't miss anything important or that was directed to me.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

You guys don't have to get all quiet just because I came in the room.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Well my full day of walking got cancelled. I was supposed to be handing out flyers to offices for my dad all day. It's pouring, my dad was two hours late, and I figure a lot of people will be knocking off work early because of the long weekend, so we rescheduled for Tuesday. Now I guess I can stop sitting around in uncomfortable clothes and figure out how to make up some of the calories I thought I'd be burning today. I've got no kid around today, so I guess it's a good Richard Simmons day. No little heads to accidentally kick.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

April. Hope things are going well for you at present.

Today was just one snack after another. No proper meals just cupcake, creme egg, hot cross buns, bread and wine. Rubbish eating, it started early this morning and it's still going on now. Don't know why, feeling a little low as another holiday is here nd I'm on my own again. BF thought he couldn't get home for Easter but the work was put on hold on wed but by then it was too late to get cheap flights and much as I'd like him to be here spending way over the odds for a couple of days doesn't make sense. Anyway I'll see him in a couple of weeks. Must go to bed before I start roaming the kitchen grazing on whatever is handy.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Mern ~ HI!

Thank you for missing me, Mern. I miss you too when you're not able to make it on here.

Life's just been different around here. I dropped off the screen end of last week & just didn't get back on 'til now. So finally, I popped in here. I hope to be in full force next week.
I hope that all the EAT CLEAN "Pacters" are following thru. YOU all know who YOU ARE!!!!

~~~~~~~~MY FitDay Challenge REPORT~~~~~~~~~~
My goals are really simple this week:
#1. Eat Clean as per Pact - Yes so far.
#2. Measure Myself - Yes. Did it today and Logged in.

Otherwise I'm ~
*Drinking water - got a new water bottle (25 oz). Don't quite like this one. I like how it handles & that it's 25 oz, but there's a tiny hole on the spout on which I have to cover while drinking.

*Following Food plan as per advised by the Dietician

*Taking a break from regular, focused exercise. Will get back at it next week. My Right knee is bothering me. Seems like it's always something. BUT as I lose weight & increase strength --aches & pains will decrease, YES?

*Went to f/u Dr's appointment. Tomorrow morning will have labs drawn. I'm not 'fraid of needles, just hoping that the results come back better that then last time. I'll have Cholesterol panel & Hemoglobin A1C drawn. I really hope it shows that I've been a good girl!!! Not perfect, but much better than before I started on FitDay.

*Still attending my Health Group. If for some reason this group doesn't continue next week, I hope to find another like close by. I know there are others out there. 'Fraid to mention it (the organization's name) for fear of the BAN HAMMER. Although the guy behind it is really a teddy bear inside.

*Busy this coming weekend with family. So I may not be on much this coming weekend. Will try anyway.

*BUT what I'm excited about right now is that I saw 204.5 on the scales this morning.
Yeah, I know it's a peak, but it's an indicator of how I'm doing. I'm in midst of jumping over the 205 hurdle!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Luv! So great to see you found your way back. I felt like Little Bo Peep looking for my lost sheep! LOL Hey, I've been eating SQEAKY CLEAN because I didn't want to get hollered at when you came back. Just kidding--I really want to make that 4/24 goal with you if I still can--or at least get as close as I can. All this week I had only ONE piece of my sugar free chocolate and just ONE serving plus one SMALL piece of pork rinds. So is my reward check in the mail? LOL Kudos on your clean eating and water. I changed water containers, too, but just to huge fast food restaurant plastic cups that I fill with ice cubes all the way up to the top and then 20 ounces of water or green iced tea on top of that. Seems like I drink more keeping that with me--don't know why. Girl, I'm living proof that aches and pains decrease with weight loss and increased strength. Your day will come. Best wishes on the blood test tomorrow. I'm really rooting for you. My A1C and cholesterol and hemoglobin tests are May 22. What I like about the A1C is how it goes hand in hand with the fasting blood glucose test for a more accurate picture of how we've been lately--mine averages the past two months blood glucose percentage. Aw, I hope your Health Group continues or if not, that you can find another one blose by that works out well for you. Whoa! 204.5 on the scales this morning. No wonder you're jumping for joy! Those peaks always are good indicators for me--I go by my highest of the three numbers I get on the scale, but if there's a low one there, it usually does come true in just a day or so.

mandevil Mary, (to distinguish you from our Kumochi Mary and another Mary who used to post)--welcome back! I hope you are now recovered from your health setback in December and January. Before I found FitDay I had gotten down at one time from 209 to about 177 around 2004 or so--can't remember exactly) but then life intervened and before you know it I had crept all the way up to 246. But, like you, too, I'm recommitted and looking forward to making it to goal this time. Hope to see you posting daily.

Tunnrida, congrats for exercising on your day off Jillian. Not have much of an appetite--I hope you're not getting sick. Are you?

April! There you are! I thought you DID fall off the face of the earth--glad to know you were just busy. You are really rocking your goals this week! Kudos to you for logging when you weren't here. I am horrible about that. You didn't miss anything on me--just that I'm back on the wagon and hanging in there--you can skip all my posts when you skim through.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

You guys don't have to get all quiet just because I came in the room.
Yeah, we saw you coming, so we hurried up and deleted all the posts where we were talking about you. LOL LOL LOL All kidding aside, it's great to have you back.

Nobe, sorry your walk got cancelled. Have fun with dancing to the oldies with Richard.

Lizzie, so sorry about what sounds like emotional eating over BF not being able to make it home for Easter. I hope your bedtime leaves you refreshed in the morning and ready to have a couple days of clean eating before Easter. I'm cooking on Easter, so am going to be able to have plenty of on-plan choices for myself on Easter: ham, mashed cauliflower with cheese, green beans, sweet & sour cucumbers (with artificial sweetener) and for dessert a small slice of sugar free angel food cake with strawberries. I'm going to pre-log my food and portions before even having my morning coffee on Easter.

Last edited by Mern; 04-05-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Nutrition/Exercise
1. Water 70oz per day. Y, Y, Y
2. Cals under 1500. 1423, 1400, 1450, 1350 so far today…
3. Pre-log food. Y, N, N, N
4. Keep portions small. Y, Y, N, N
5. Only 1 piece of chocolate after dinner. No food after that. Y, Y, Y,
6. Workout 2x at gym. Exercise at home non-gym nights. N, N, N, N
7. Stay positive! Y, Y, N, N

Eat Clean Pact – Forbidden Foods (REVISED)
1. No packaged sweets (cookies, candy bars, etc.). small piece of fruit strip that my son did not finish, so N, Y, Y, Y
2. No donuts or bagels. Y, Y, Y, Y
3. No soda. Y, Y, Y, Y

Half and half week so far, but I don't think I have gained anything... I haven't stepped on the scale since Saturday.. very afraid..

I ate a whole ham and swiss sandwich for lunch - totally out of character because I have been so good lately at lunch time! But I passed on the free soda that came with it so that is someting at least! No exercise so far this week, but Hubby is determined that we work in the yard this afternoon so I'll run around a bit and count it as something I wonder if cleaning out a chicken coop counts toward exercise goals...

Okay, back to work now - I think I've dumped enough of my c-drive to an external server to get back to business again - darn lock-ups...

Hope ya'll are doing well! Hope to catch-up later.

Ama
Old 04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mern--you asked if I was active in my daily life. Short answer, yes and no. When I'm working, it just depends on what needs to be done. While I have an ever growing mountain of paperwork, I also move around a good bit. And there's normally a fair bit of lifting. Not as much as I did in the past, in other departments, but still lifting on a daily basis. If I have the day off, it just depends on what I feel like doing that day. Yesterday, I did nothing but shop and lay around.

I wound up not taking the young'ins to the movies. We've had horrible storms coming through, so I figured it was best to stay put for the night. I was stuck on the interstate this afternoon for a good 30 minutes, just sitting there through a hail storm and tornado warning. Not the best place to be, but whatcha gonna do?? Home safe, so, all is well. Will post goal updates later. Hope all is going well with everyone.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Mern one lives in Poland, and the other in Australia. See, my entire family is originally from Poland, but then I moved here, and my sister moved to Australia. It's a little lonely all by my onely, but oh well. I like it here.

Tori we've been having dreadful weather over here too! There was thunder that woke me up in the middle of the night and now it's blizzarding outside.my shoes were soaked by the time I made it home. And to think I was planning on walking to the market!

Ama I too had a bit of an odd lunch. I mean, I ate my crackers and sweet yellow peppers as planned, but then I bought myself a slush from 7 eleven. The orange ones are just too yummy!

The snow is pretty much up to my knees so it's kind of impossible to reach the gym (or anywhere for the matter) right now. And it's almost easter! How is the easter bunny supposed to hop through all The snow? Haha, lol. Honestly, I'd be glad if the Easter bunny forgot about me altogether. No calorie packed sweets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.