Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 02-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Opps! 6 was meant to be a 4. And yes that's included in the 10. I lift for 45-60 minutes and then do cardio 30-60 minutes.
Okay, good. I was wondering.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Okay Tori, your goals look good, if you stick to them.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Shalafi
Tori *waves*

I'm in!!! and Hi to all.
Hi! And welcome! Mike was right, you're not leaving much room with your calories! I'm pretty good at planning ahead, but not THAT good! I'm right there with you on the water! It's been a goal of mine to consistently hit 64 oz for a while. I've yet to do it for a solid week. Word of advice, the thread is kinda slow right now, but once it gets going it can take on a life of it's own. Don't feel the need to read through everything. A lot of us can't. I on the other hand, usually have no life (BF is deployed and have no kids) so I can afford to spend a little extra time reading and posting. Welcome Along our Crazy Ride!!!
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, we all know that women don't normally say what they mean. It's okay, I knew what you meant. That reminds me that I need to check and maybe tweak your goals.
Dude, first, spell check is our friend. Secondly, I normally say what I mean. You don't need to read between any lines. Unless I'm bitchin about something, then even if I'm wrong....agree with me
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay Tori, your goals look good, if you stick to them.
yay me! good goals!! I nailed the water today....70.7 oz of it!! Now, if I could just lay off the Diet Dew I could probably keep up with your gallon a day And we all know that I start to slack on my workouts as the week goes by. THIS is where I need the pushing and prodding.....harass away
Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Tori,Mike *huggles*

Thanks for the welcome! As for my cals I'm not great at planning ahead i just really REALLY want this. Also my problem has always been not eating more then once a day sometimes once in over a 24hr period and living on coffee, lots and lots of 200+ cal coffee. ohh I need to add that to my 7 day list , Eating every few hours!

Im 5'2 and currently 130lbs with a sedentary life style (which i don't have but what I like to calculate at) I can eat 1670ish cals a day to maintain my weight so i figure 500 cal def is 1170 but with my eating habits i push to eat small every few hours and try to get to 1100.
hmm that was a bit of a ramble

Anyway thanks again for the welcome I am always ALWAYS online so ill be posting alot and look forward to making friends and supporting those who want my kinda quirkyness
Old 02-27-2012, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday's Totals

Health/Fitness
1--Calories at least 1100 no more than 1400--1475
2--64 oz water or more daily--I did well this weekend, so I know that I can do this, I just have to make myself--70.7
3--Stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--I may need some help pushing myself with this one. We all know I slack when it comes to my workouts. Yell at me, call me names, whatever it takes!--M: YES
4--Walk: Tu, W, Sa, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, I may need some pushing and provoking--M: N/A
5--Weigh & Post Daily--M: 204.0

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry--N
2--clean out car (again)--N
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it--YES
4--first week back from work, DON'T KILL ANYONE (namely my vacay replacement)--no death.

All in all, the day ended well. Work was hectic, but I didn't expect it to not be. It's going to be hectic again tomorrow (still behind and it's my busiest day of the week) but I'll get through it. Have to work Wednesday (normal day off), but I have Saturday off again, so it's a lose/win.

Goin to bed. 'NIGHT Y'ALL!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Tori,Mike *huggles*

Thanks for the welcome! As for my cals I'm not great at planning ahead i just really REALLY want this. Also my problem has always been not eating more then once a day sometimes once in over a 24hr period and living on coffee, lots and lots of 200+ cal coffee. ohh I need to add that to my 7 day list , Eating every few hours!

Im 5'2 and currently 130lbs with a sedentary life style (which i don't have but what I like to calculate at) I can eat 1670ish cals a day to maintain my weight so i figure 500 cal def is 1170 but with my eating habits i push to eat small every few hours and try to get to 1100.
hmm that was a bit of a ramble

Anyway thanks again for the welcome I am always ALWAYS online so ill be posting alot and look forward to making friends and supporting those who want my kinda quirkyness
You don't want to go too low though. I aim for an average of 1200-1300 a day, but like to set my goal 11-14, that way I've got some play and by the end of the week, my caloric average is usually around 1300. What is your weight loss goal? I also had a tendency to not eat. One of my biggest issues is making myself eat some days. Because I went over in my cals today, I'll probably not want to eat tomorrow (it's kind of a cycle I'm in on Mon/Tues). But I've learned that I HAVE to eat to lose! And while you were living on coffee, I was living on Diet Mountain Dew. I ramble a lot, so don't worry about it. And I'm quirky enough, we don't need any more of it
Old 02-27-2012, 04:12 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1.) Less than or around 1300 calories/day: 1279
2.) 64 oz. water/day (I recently started on a medication that's a bit of a diuretic, so I really want to stick with this one): 96 oz
3.) Exercise 3x (third time will be a stretch, but I'm aiming high!): 1 down
4.) Don't fail Astro 585 exam on Tuesday: T-9 hrs, so we'll see!
5.) Finish Astro 530 HW by Wednesday
6.) Talk to potential advisor about research: Wrote email

Got off to a good start today, I think. My midterm is tomorrow morning... I'm not feeling uber confident about it, but I just want it to be over at this point. I hope you all had a good day!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
You don't want to go too low though. I aim for an average of 1200-1300 a day, but like to set my goal 11-14, that way I've got some play and by the end of the week, my caloric average is usually around 1300. What is your weight loss goal? I also had a tendency to not eat. One of my biggest issues is making myself eat some days. Because I went over in my cals today, I'll probably not want to eat tomorrow (it's kind of a cycle I'm in on Mon/Tues). But I've learned that I HAVE to eat to lose! And while you were living on coffee, I was living on Diet Mountain Dew. I ramble a lot, so don't worry about it. And I'm quirky enough, we don't need any more of it
Lol I'll try to keep the quirky down.
Low is bad I know im trying to make it to 1100 a day and have cut back to two cups of coffee a day made at 112 cals. yeah I miss my coffee.

My weight goal is 105lbs. ( however its not just a number im also working on not being squishy so i do weights, resistance and strength training in my work outs as well as abs and cardio)
I was 105lbs after my last child in 2001 ( I have 4 tweens/teens) and continued to say between 105-110ish up untill about 5 years ago when I got really sick and due to meds and life style got to 155lbs. In the last 2ish years i have gone from 155 to around 140ish.( this was with out trying and just from not being sick anymore)
Most days I do about high 900 in cals and once in a while, eh average id say is once a week i wont count cals at all and have what I call a "fun" day.

Last edited by Shalafi; 02-27-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typeo's ect.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Goals:
1.) Less than or around 1300 calories/day: 1279
2.) 64 oz. water/day (I recently started on a medication that's a bit of a diuretic, so I really want to stick with this one): 96 oz
3.) Exercise 3x (third time will be a stretch, but I'm aiming high!): 1 down
4.) Don't fail Astro 585 exam on Tuesday: T-9 hrs, so we'll see!
5.) Finish Astro 530 HW by Wednesday
6.) Talk to potential advisor about research: Wrote email

Got off to a good start today, I think. My midterm is tomorrow morning... I'm not feeling uber confident about it, but I just want it to be over at this point. I hope you all had a good day!
Joanna, look at the GREEN girl! I'll be sending you some good juju for your exam tomorrow.

Lol I'll try to keep the quirky down.
Low is bad I know im trying to make it to 1100 a day and have cut back to two cups of coffee a day made at 112 cals. yeah I miss my coffee.

My weight goal is 105lbs. ( however its not just a number im also working on not being squishy so i do weights, resistance and strength training in my work outs as well as abs and cardio)
I was 105lbs after my last child in 2001 ( I have 4 tweens/teens) and continued to say between 105-110ish up untill about 5 years ago when I got really sick and due to meds and life style got to 155lbs. In the last 2ish years i have gone from 155 to around 140ish.
Most days I do about high 900 in cals and once in a while, eh average id say is once a week i wont count cals at all and have what I can a "fun" day.
We all need a fun day every once in a while. I had a "fun week" last week. (Vacationed in NOLA for Mardi Gras). I don't think I could survive on 900 cals consistently! My body would go into a feeding frenzy after a few days. I think the lowest I've logged, in which I ate pretty much all day, was 750ish.....

Seriously, goin to bed now!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Joanna, look at the GREEN girl! I'll be sending you some good juju for your exam tomorrow.

We all need a fun day every once in a while. I had a "fun week" last week. (Vacationed in NOLA for Mardi Gras). I don't think I could survive on 900 cals consistently! My body would go into a feeding frenzy after a few days. I think the lowest I've logged, in which I ate pretty much all day, was 750ish.....

Seriously, goin to bed now!
Lol Good Night Tori, Sweet dreams. oh and vacations so don't count! Welcome back tho!

Juju: Wow yes go you and all your pretty green-ness, so jelly. I'll post mine tomorrow but yeah Its 10:30 pm pretty sure that garage isn't getting any attention today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.