Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 03-01-2012, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Mike .. Congrats on the policies and the pounds!

Tori ... You are so close to being in the 100's! Way to go!!!

Mern ... I'm glad to read that you and your doctor agree on the poor results of your bloodwork.

Terri ... You sound like you are really a daddy's girl. ... I'm glad you got in a good conversation with him and that he seemed to be listening to your advice.

I know I haven't been much of a participant lately around here but I really appreciate the place to spill out what I'm thinking and all the encouragement that I get from you all. Yesterday was our appointment at the partial hospitalization program. He was accepted and actually started school today. I LOVED the doctor. He is a chinese older man and he is so funny. As long as my son lets him, I think they may be able to get along great. And that is when we can get to the bottom of the problems. He listened to everything that I had to say and wrote lots of notes. That is a plus in my opinion. So right now at home we are all about encouraging him to do the right thing and to try and take advantage of the counselors and doctors to talk to at any time during the day. As we have told him, even if he just wants to talk a little and then stop and talk more another day, that is fine. Just don't hold it all in like he has been doing because he doesn't trust anyone to talk to. I called to check on him and see how he is doing since it's his first day and one of the teachers answered the phone. She said he was in her class this morning and appeared to be doing well and he was making friends. Friends are a big problem for him. He can make them but can't keep them because of his inappropriate angry outbursts and then they don't want to be his friend anymore. Also he makes sexually inappropriate comments to girls so they don't like him very much either.

Did the shred again this morning at 5am. I had to go to the store and buy a harness for my puppies, (aka heavy duty sports bra). It is better but we still have some going on. I was a little sore when I woke up this morning and am a bit more sore now that I did the second day but I'm going to keep with it. I skipped one set of jacks again today. Seems that second set of them is where I run out of breath and then I can do the rest without stopping.

I took my first bra & panties photo today. No worries people, I won't be sharing that! But I wanted to see in a picture the difference this 30 day program really does. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

I went to the gym this morning and got in two miles on the treadmill. Got my menu planned and should have an all green day to report tomorrow.

Shalafi, I love how you post your menus. You like the same kinds of foods that I do.

Luv, I'm really glad you and your docs are a "collaborative team." That's exactly how I feel about my doctor. You and I are very lucky to have found them. My doc is very close to my home, but I'd drive an hour to an appointment with her if I had to. Great that you found a way to do your water. Congrats on making progress on your caloric intake. I may be able to lower mine some when we run out of avocado by saving those fat calories on my doc's advice. OR I can replace that half avocado with low carb veggies for more volume of food and less calories if I'm extra hungry on any given day or replace it with calories of cantaloupe or strawberries for a sweet snack. I'll march with you one day at a time. I love that smilie drummer!

Kim, congrats on a great day yesterday. I disagree with my doc on the protein--she doesn't think I need over 100g but I know it makes a difference in my weight loss. Thanks for your encouragement on following what I know works best for me. You are doing great on your food and fitness goals this week!

Darlene, keep hanging in there!

Joanna, rooting for you to see under 160! OMG that's marvelous that you have come such a long way! Yeah, your scale is doing a number on you--no pun intended. You wouldn't gain that much overnight unless you ate cement! LOL

Tori, being just one pound shy of your March 1 goal is stellar! Congratulations on a job well done! Good job yesterday! I'm recommitting to exercise, too. I HAVE to--I don't lose weight without exercise.

Mike, thanks for your encouragement. Thanks for filling me in on your mosts recent back problems. Best wishes on managing that. I hope the Aleve works well for you. Our Walgreens carries the OTC pain patches--I haven't use them, though, so can't attest to their effectiveness myself. Hey, congrats on that 2 pack!

Hope, great job so far this week. I got a good chuckle out of your being critical in your mind. Reminds me of when our ex-President Jimmy Carter said he was never unfaithful to his wife but he did confess to having "lusted in his heart." LOL I often give people the finger in my mind--that doesn't count either, does it? Thanks for your kind words of encouragement on my health management and companionship in this group.

Terri, wow! Fantastic job with your Dad last night. Sometimes people have good intentions but just don't know the low carb alternatives to getting in certain nutrients. I certainly don't have all the answers, but I'll be quite happy to give you suggestions that have worked for me. Feel free to ask any time. Great that your Dad's cataract surgery is rescheduled! I'll be rooting him to get those carbs under control so he can get it done. Had to chuckle--your scientist is showing: average calories 1,418.333. I often smile most of the way home from picking up my granddaughter and her boyfriend from school. They discuss physics and calculus for the 3 mile trip to my house. I have no idea what they're talking about as they spout off equations. LOL. I so understand your breaking through that .2 lb. was like breaking through a brick wall and that can be so motivating. Good for you! I'm no exercise or anatomy expert, but am offering a huge "ouchie" of sympathy on your tendon/ligament pain! I'll be rooting for you to get in your shred tonight.

Kay, my weight goes up a little when my muscles are sore--from the edema from bumping up my exercise. So yeah, I know what you're talking about. I've read about it and experienced it.

Shalafi, I hope you enjoy/ed the time with your friends after getting in your workout.

April, yeah, my doc was great in giving me the benefit of the doubt on my bloodwork that showed triglycerides going crazy. At least she comes across to me as believing I'm doing all I claim to be doing. I'm glad to read that things are looking up in your son's treatment. Do you believe in guardian angels? I do and will ask his to whisper something in his ear about kind treatment of his new friends and the gals. Oh, wow, congrats on the new sports bra and courage to do the bra and panties picture. Shows committment! Great job!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

Just a quick check in. I braved the scale today and was pleasantly surprised that I am only 6 pounds away from my goal. After the awful February that I put in, it should have been so much worse. Being back on plan is wonderful. I'm so happy with my healthy foods again... I actually missed them.

My road was plowed out for the first time in 2 days this morning. Made my way over to my mom's to check on her and was totally shocked at her weight gain... a pound a day since she's been home! That put's her in the 110+ category; not nearly as scary as a couple of weeks ago. She has totally come back to life... spunky, feisty, barking out orders... I love it! I have no idea how someone gains a pound a day, but I'm so glad she is. She said today that she wants to get up to 130. At 5'2" that should be fine for her. Thanks for all of the prayers and well-wishes! Something is definitely working, that's for sure!

Mern,
60's?? I'm so jealous! It's been in the low to mid-30's here... not terrible for us. But how disheartening is is to have this much snow right when our lawns were all beginning to show. Overall, I can't complain; it's been a very mild winter. 6 more inches forcast for the next few days though! Ugh....

Tori,
You're so close to 199! I'm so happy for you. One more big push and you'll be over the top. You've done so well... I'm sure there are a lot of great compliments starting to come your way!

Mike,
Congrats on the newly found 2-pack! Looks like we both are back on the wagon at the same time... How did that happen?? LOL

Terri,
What a wonderful conversation with your dad! You're trying to get your dad to lose, and I'm trying to get mine to gain... go figure. lol I brought my mom 3 fresh sweet rolls this morning and by the time I left, she had eaten all 3! Congrats on the new low! Looks like we both found our focus again.

April,
The right doctor makes all the difference in the world. I've gone through the same thing here. When you find the right one, things improve at an unbelievable rate. This just may be the turning point that you've been looking for. I'm so happy for you! Prayers to you and your family that this makes the difference for him.

Lots to do this afternoon... have to make my way up to a photography studio at the top of a mountain to order more grad pics... sure hope he's plowed out!

Talk to you all later!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I loved that Jimmy Carter comparison!!! Lusted in myheart, gave them the finger in my mind.

Tori, you are doing so great! Even with the trip to NOLA!!!

April, I dont know the whole story of your son but I am so glad to hear the good news.

So sorry to hear aobut your pain, Mike. I am glad you realize that Aleve has its down sides but I have used it msyelf so I totally understand needing something and the fact that with pain, the choices can be not so great.

Last edited by canary52; 03-01-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Having a busy week but enjoying checking in on my fitday family. The support you all offer each other is great. I'm eating well, feeling motivated and packed my gym bag for the Y so life is good. I just finished grocery shopping and went heavy on anti-inflammatory foods. No excuse not to eat healthy and well this week. Mary
Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

So, I have a dilemma....according to my goals I'm supposed to do Zumba tonight. But it is a gorgeous day out today. Sunny and a high of 79*. So I'm thinking of skipping Zumba and walking instead. What do you guys think? At least I'd be doing something and not sitting OMLA. AND I was thinking of not 3 miles, but more......input! I need input!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hope,
I'm so glad that you find this a "safe" place to come. Every family has its own issues; some are just more apparent than others. Raising teenagers is not easy and they certainly don't come with an instruction manual. What makes it worse, is that each one is completely different. So, right when you think you have it all figured out, here comes #2 with a completely different set of issues.

Your a great mom... never doubt that. I've never been a perfect mother, wife or daughter, but I'd like to think that at the end of my life, I can say with all honesty, that I did my very best... and that's all that should ever be expected. I've never seen a child yet that was perfect, or a parent. Just continue to lover her, do your best and the answers will follow. Prayers for all of our families... emotional stress is one of the biggest reasons why we are all here with weight issues. Food is comforting, warm and just makes us feel better. At least we turn to food... there could be much worse alternatives.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So, I have a dilemma....according to my goals I'm supposed to do Zumba tonight. But it is a gorgeous day out today. Sunny and a high of 79*. So I'm thinking of skipping Zumba and walking instead. What do you guys think? At least I'd be doing something and not sitting OMLA. AND I was thinking of not 3 miles, but more......input! I need input!!
79 degrees and you have to ask??? Silly girl! Get the heck outside and ENJOY! Exercise comes in all shapes and sizes. We'll give you a pass to make a substitution on your goals. Just pick up the pace on your walk and you'll get a great workout.

I just got in from shoveling wet, heavy snow and believe me, it was a workout!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
''

I say walk.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Hope,
I'm so glad that you find this a "safe" place to come. Every family has its own issues; some are just more apparent than others. Raising teenagers is not easy and they certainly don't come with an instruction manual. What makes it worse, is that each one is completely different. So, right when you think you have it all figured out, here comes #2 with a completely different set of issues.

Your a great mom... never doubt that. I've never been a perfect mother, wife or daughter, but I'd like to think that at the end of my life, I can say with all honesty, that I did my very best... and that's all that should ever be expected. I've never seen a child yet that was perfect, or a parent. Just continue to lover her, do your best and the answers will follow. Prayers for all of our families... emotional stress is one of the biggest reasons why we are all here with weight issues. Food is comforting, warm and just makes us feel better. At least we turn to food... there could be much worse alternatives.
Quinn, thank you. I have some very good friends but it is hard to talk to about this. DH is wonderful but he is so stressed with work and my health and has a different way of dealing with this than I do. Maybe he has faith that the love we have given her will pull her through. But she is going to college soon and I was hoping to have her in a better place by now. She too is an emotional eater and overweight. And BTW I've tried the worse alternatives (to food) and still have struggles with it. I hope for a better life for her.

Last edited by canary52; 03-01-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.