FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6713-7-day-motivational-thread-whos.html)

quinnesec 02-20-2012 01:20 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm back. Things have slowed to a manageable chaos... kind of like Mardi Gras...lol.

Time to get serious about taking care of ourselves. Who's in? :)

quinnesec 02-20-2012 01:34 AM

Like I said, things have become more manageable for me... not perfect, but manageable. Time to get serious about getting this last 5 pounds off. At least, I'm proud to say, that through everything I was able to hold it at the same 5 pounds that stuck from Christmas. Time to clear at least 45 minutes a day to get out on the trails and walk, watch my fast food intake, and shed the last few pounds before warm weather hits for us.

I've found with my crazy days lately, my slow cooker has become my best friend. When I'm totally wiped out at the end of the day, I can return home to a healthy, warm meal, which has been incredibly rejuvenating.

On to some much needed structure and goals:

1. Keep calories around 1200.
2. Log whenever possible.
3. Keep a water bottle with me at all times.
4. Get at least 2 long hikes in this week.
5. Take multi-vitamin and supplements.
6. Minimum of 3 fruits and veggies a day.

For you Mardi Gras goers... WE WANT PICTURES!!!

wildbeanerz 02-20-2012 01:50 AM

Oh my...it must have been a rough weekend all around. It's almost 10am EST and this thread didn't get started until now. I know mine wasn't stellar by far. I got back into the groove yesterday. I definitely find that I can get back to what I should be doing a lot faster now. I don't have the regret and shame over eating something that I shouldn't. I mostly just brush it off and start back over with the next day, meal or bite. That's what I have to do to keep going on this journey.

Starting this week .8lbs higher than last Monday.

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily (weekends too!!)
2. Just because someone else is eating doesn't mean I need to be eating too
3. Walk on lunches at least three times (weather permitting)
4. Exercise other than walking 5 hrs
5. Weigh and post daily M: 263.2lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Survive CASSP meeting Tuesday
2. Pay attention to my behavior. I may be stressed out but so are others.
3. Read something that is not on the internet (a magazine perhaps? Had new issue of Fitness at home almost a week now and haven't even opened it)

Okay....so who's next? It's awful lonely in here!!! :)

Kumochi 02-20-2012 02:18 AM

I'm in. Back from Cuba a pound added to my Christmas gain. I really need to get back so I'm recommitting with some serious stated goals and steps to reach them. April I think one of the best things we learn in a forum like this is to forgive ourselves and not let a lapse derail us.

My new plan includes doing at least 5 good things for myself each day. I've made a pretty generous list including anything I can do for my physical, mental or emotional health. I've included things like: call a friend; clean a room. 5 servings of fruit and veggies; calories below 1500; exercise; get outside for 30 minutes; try something new etc. I'll keep adding to my good things list as I go along. My goal is total fitness. (and 20 pound by April 20th)

This weeks plan:
Lose 2 pounds
Y times 3
Do 5 good things for myself each day
Sauna and yoga daily

Have a great week everyone

Mary

crazigerl 02-20-2012 02:21 AM

I'm in

Weight/Exercise Goals Start 218.8

1. Keep under 1600 calories average for the week
2. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day on Saturday and Sunday (that’s when I struggle)
3. Do 7 hours of physical activity this week.
4. Do more stretching.

Work/Home

1. Donate 5 pieces of clothing to goodwill.
2. Clean out make-up drawer and chuck all the old make-up, especially the glitter stuff.
3. Do something just totally for me.
4. Log something on Fitday at least once a day.

My food choices are pretty good lately, not having any wild cravings and can totally ignore the ju-jubes, cinnamon buns and granola bars DH bought home.
I’m trying to not get frustrated that I’m only down 2 pounds for Feb. so far. I think it has something to do with the exercise not being totally all out due to the rotator cuff and am learning to work around that.
Mt granddaughter says “slow and steady wins the race”. She’s an adult in a 5 year old body.
So have a great week everyone and thanks for letting me play.

wildbeanerz 02-20-2012 02:40 AM

Mary ... So nice to see you back! How was your trip? I bet it was so much fun! And only 1 pound gain? That is to be commended!!

Gerl ... Nice to see you join in! Yep, there really are no rules. Whatever you want to achieve, you make it a goal and then daily (when possible) update on how your goal is going. We offer encouragement to each other along the way.

almeeker 02-20-2012 03:10 AM

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400/day.
2. 100 oz water daily.
3. Execute exercise plan (should equal about 7 hours).
4. Calorie deficit 5,000.
5. Protein 25% or higher.
6. Log & report everyday.
7. Last Monday 164. Post weight: 168.4 Ugh.

Other stuff:

1. Spend 30-60 min daily working on rabbit cages.
2. Finish my little part of the taxes.
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry.
4. Call guy about elliptical parts.
5. Distribute 4-H calendar.
6. Spend 1 hour daily working on Betsy costume.
7. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened.

I totally fell off the wagon over the weekend, Saturday was especially bad. I did alright during the day, but then we went to celebrate the end of the swim season, and I um, drank beer. Actually I'm fairly certain I was drunk, which only happens once in a blue moon, but there you go. It was one of those days were I was on my feet the whole day, didn't eat much and then had a giant mug of beer before eating dinner. Anyway I feel like I'm bloated, could be the beer, the nachos or the new birth control pills, probably all 3. So this morning got up and put in a mild 60 minute workout, and made a workout plan to implement through the end of March.

Any one making any goals for Lent? Here are mine:

No white flour
No white sugar
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off.
No cheating.
No profanity

Only I'm starting today, not Wed. It's going to be a very long 40 days, I'm not sure I can give up cheating and profanity all at the same time, it's sort of like giving up cigarettes and gum. Maybe I need rethink that one? For every offense I'll put a dollar in the bucket, although I think a cheat or skipping more than 2 workouts should cost me a fiver.

canary52 02-20-2012 03:28 AM

Quinn, I like that : manageable chaos. I have a crock pot; I have to learn how to use it.
Wildb I love that: "just because someone else is eating doesn't mean I have to too." Amen to that for me.
Mary, so good to "see" you!!! How was Cuba? I love your 5 ways to be good to myself idea!!! Love it!!!
Amy I like the Lenten rules. And your beer was my wine last week and waaaaay more than what you had, I bet. I was actually lying on the bathroom floor trying to get the room to stop spinning. (I forgot: no wine and Lyrica) And I NEVER drink. (see: Lyrica)
Gerl your goals look good!!! Good luck on `em!!! You can do it!!! Slow and steady. Your granddaugther sounds amazing.

OK for me desperate times call for desperate measures. Since I cannot seem to get the eating under control, I am going extreme: trying Dukan YET AGAIN. It does help kick start me. Plus it makes me drink water and walk at least 20 minutes a day which brings me to my goals:

1) 6 glasses H2O daily. Come on, if I can't drink 48 ozs then I oughta cluck at a duck and sniff a truck (this is my imitation of Steven Tyler's odd {and more profane} sayings on American Idol, which I no longer watch.)
2) protein is my friend - eat this
3) sugar is not - don't eat that
4) Oat bran is yummy. Tell myself that as I eat it once daily.
5) 20 minutes or more of movement a day (I mean I'm not 90 fer goodness sakes and there ARE 90 year olds more active than me. In fact, I know at least 3.)
6) be a stretchy mama
7) write two hours minimum a day
8) stop being so pissed off at everyone which I'm telling you right now I failed Monday morning on a GRAND scale, an EPIC scale, hell, an OPERATIC scale, (chewed DH a new one, no, no, no two new ones while singing opera about "my rights") but will try for the rest of the day and the week. Yessir.
9) stop cleaning DD's room for her, you dirty (or clean?) little enabler you

Let's do this, folks! Whatever "this" is for you!!!

Kumochi 02-20-2012 03:38 AM

Hmmm I should so someting for lent. I'll think about it. A friend gives up Cola or Chocolate, not both as that would be too cruel for her family. I think I'll give up alcohol. That should help with the diet plan.

Havana was interesting. The food in Cuba is not that tempting so not gaining a lot wasn't hard. The rum and coffee were good! I made more soup than I ever had as my son and his family were tired of Duanes cooking. The chicken drumsticks available were great for soup and the kids would eat it. I hope to continue making it now I'm home.
Mary

wildbeanerz 02-20-2012 03:50 AM

Hmmmm...give up something for lent? I never have. I'll have to think on that one. I do think the profanity is a good one. How long is lent though? LOL

01gt4.6 02-20-2012 04:04 AM

I'm in... for something. I'll have to think of some goals soon.

ToriD1012 02-20-2012 04:04 AM

Tori is on vacation. Please leave a message after the beep and she will ge back with you next Monday.

BEEP! :D

Headed into the city now. Gonna go by the market and scout some stuff an then find a place to park my ever widening a$$ for the day. It's gonna be a long one!! Wish all y'all could join in!!

ToriD1012 02-20-2012 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 73366)
For you Mardi Gras goers... WE WANT PICTURES!!!

I'll def get some pics today. I actually remembered to grab the camera this morning.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 73387)
Hmmmm...give up something for lent? I never have. I'll have to think on that one. I do think the profanity is a good one. How long is lent though? LOL

I don't think I could give up profanity. It's like a regular staple in my vocabulary

wildbeanerz 02-20-2012 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 73390)
I don't think I could give up profanity. It's like a regular staple in my vocabulary

That's why I asked how long lent is! LOL ... I talk like a trucker sometimes.

fit4luv 02-20-2012 04:11 AM

I'm in . . .

but 1st working on getting better. Head/stomach thing going on. Great to see all of you here that have made it so far on the thread.

My goals will practically remain the same, but with some differing numbers. Finally, I'm starting to get a few healthy habits into my daily routine, but still need to work hard at continuing to include more consistent healthy habits.

-------------- First Portion of FitDay Challenge_______
http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/home/t6037.gifFitDay Challenge *~* Daily Routine
Check-in:
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret to your success is found in your daily routine.” – John Maxwell

MON MISSION -> Water: 48 oz by 6:00 p.m.

dar n 02-20-2012 04:35 AM

April Thanks for the note my dd got really ill and we were in and out of the hospital and when that happens our priorities become totally focused on her health, plus there is no internet in our hospital so even the few times it quieted down I couldn’t get on fitday. She started to stabilize on Friday and was fine yesterday and today seems well granted its only 9am but I think she is on the mend:D. On top of her health I got called in to interview with a company I really like and ended up trying to put my best foot forward in interviews while not looking and acting like an exhausted mess that the cat dragged in:rolleyes:. I have been asked to come speak to them this morning so I am praying its good news. I hope all is well with you and the boys please pm me an update if you have time.

Quinn Glad You are well and back to motivate us! How is your Mom?I need to start fresh today I did not track anything after Tuesday of last week and I drank too much coffee and ate when I could which was after 11pm most days but that’s ok I am looking forward today.

Mary Glad you are back! Do you have any pictures to share with us from your trip?

Crazigerl Hi great job on resisting all those treats. Lol at your granddaughter being an adult in a five year old body it’s funny how some kids are like that I work with kids at church and I am always impressed by the honesty and wisdom they possess at such young ages. Where abouts in B.C are you?

Amy Good looking goals I wish you luck on 40 days of no cheats but I am sure you can do it! I am chuckling at the no profanity does my friend have a potty mouth :D my future daughter in law struggles with this problem and she is always apologizing when she’s at our house and my son laughs because he says we are a good influence as she gets better all the time and the other day she was in their kitchen throwing around general rated curse words and he was like my mom would be so proud of you.:D

Hope Its nice to see you back good luck with your kick start plan!

Tori Please enjoy your vacation and call me when you get back home, click, lol I missed your humor last week!

Luv I think you are are doing great on your healthy lifestyle choices! Good luck this week.

I have to go shower and put on my best interview clothes and get my bottom to what is hopefully my last interview. On a good note my work clothes that fit when I was at my goal fit well enough (a few are a little snug) but I won’t need to buy to many pieces to go back to work. I hope you all have a great day and thanks to everyone who had me in their thoughts and prayers.

Goals:
Walk 25k:
Exercise 5 days:
Squats 4 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Arm work 3 days
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
No sugar:

wildbeanerz 02-20-2012 04:44 AM

Darlene

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_v6gfCsyho2...lcomeback1.gif

I am glad to hear your daughter is on the mend. I had a feeling that something took a turn for her when you stopped posting.

Good luck on your "hopefully" last interview! Sounds like you are excited about this place. I understand the wanting a job but also holding out for the right job. I really hope this is your 'one'!!

canary52 02-20-2012 05:39 AM

Darlene, I hope your DD recovers quickly and completely. And good luck on the interview!!! I give you credit for being able to do it under the circumstances!

Quinn, I hope your mom is OK.

Tori, your post (beep leave a message) is adorable.

Mary, soup is GOOD. And helps make you full so it is good diet food, I think.

Luv, a friendly reminder: drink your water!

Amy, you a potty mouth? I don't picture it. Getting rid of white foods for a while: a good idea!

Hi, Mike. You always have good goals. I look forward to seeing this week's.

meachan 02-20-2012 05:58 AM

Hi everyone! Sorry for not checking in daily with my goal reports last week -- I am a composer, and last week I had a TON of projects all one after the other -- it's finally settling down though now, phew! :)

Anyhow, I have been reading along all week, thank you everyone for sharing your stories and your progress! Even if I don't post regularly please know that I am always cheering you on! :)

I lost about 4/10ths of a pound last week, nothing earth-shaking, but hopefully the number keeps going down over the weeks!

Here are my goals for the week, as well as the ones I've already done for today filled in:

1. Go to the gym every day: 500, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
2. Whole foods only (either "one ingredient only" foods, or prepared foods [salsa, bread, hummus, etc.] with minimal ingredients and no preservatives): ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
3. Water ONLY to drink, at least 72oz per day: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
4. Log foods/activity every day on Fitday: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
5. Take vitamins (B12 & D): ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
6. At least one set of stretches per day: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

Thanks and hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Cheers,
Mea

01gt4.6 02-20-2012 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 73390)

I know how you feel. You heard me let a couple F-bombs slip out. :(

Hope, I wish I could come up with some good goals that I could stick to. You'd figure that with a half marathon less than 2 weeks away, I'd be all over some goal setting... not. :(

fit4luv 02-20-2012 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 73403)

Hope, I wish I could come up with some good goals that I could stick to. You'd figure that with a half marathon less than 2 weeks away, I'd be all over some goal setting... not. :(

Awwww. ..Mike -- Can you stick some TLC in with your goals this week?

When I think of you, I often think of that BAN Hammer & it gives me the picture of you giving the good ole' 1-2-3 Punch.http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sport/t31040.gif

I know that somewhere deep down you got the fight in you. :)

01gt4.6 02-20-2012 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 73405)
Awwww. ..Mike -- Can you stick some TLC in with your goals this week?

When I think of you, I often think of that BAN Hammer & it gives me the picture of you giving the good ole' 1-2-3 Punch.http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sport/t31040.gif

I know that somewhere deep down you got the fight in you. :)

What's TLC?:D

Unlike Tori, I won't take the week off. I will wait until Mardi Gras (tomorrow) is over with, so I'll get back on Wednesday. I do need to drop some weight b/c I've put on 15 pounds of fat since I last went clothes shopping. I now have to squeeze in my shirts like sausage in its casing. I freaking look like Baby Huey.:(
My weigh in yesterday was 185.4 so I'll try to get down to 181 this week.
I'll probably only write 2 policies since I'm taking part of the week off. Well I wrote a flood policy that doesn't count towards my bonus this morning... so 2 MORE.
I'll figure out the rest later but I'm open for suggestions or challenges!

fit4luv 02-20-2012 06:30 AM

Mike-

TLC = Tender Loving Care -- In other words, do something special for yourself.

ETA: That's wonderful weight - all that muscle!

What type of challenge would be the best for you? Nutrition? Miles? Muscle?

01gt4.6 02-20-2012 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 73408)
TLC = Tender Loving Care -- In other words, do something special for yourself.

ETA: That's wonderful weight - all that muscle!

What type of challenge would be the best for you? Nutrition? Miles? Muscle?

I wish it were muscle. Muscle doesn't jiggle like this. :( I'll take any challenge.

I'm waiting on Tori to make a baby Huey crack at me. :p

almeeker 02-20-2012 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 73391)
That's why I asked how long lent is! LOL ... I talk like a trucker sometimes.

40 long days and nights. I'm not a trucker, it's worse I'm like a pissed off construction worker. Growing up we weren't allowed to use any of that language in the house, my dad is a real stickler for clean speak. But my maternal grandfather was quick with a four letter word, even better he could string them together almost poetically, and he was FUNNY, like a short white Eddie Murphy with a red come-over. He died when I was 11 and my brothers and I sort of took to using his favorite phrases in his memory, of course only when dad wasn't around. Anyway then I went to college and ended up an architect, and seriously when you work in construction, it helps if you can string together a colorful sentence. Somehow that communicates a lot more clearly than a well written memo. It also helps to ease the gender gap if the guys understand that you aren't easily offended, which I'm not.

wildbeanerz 02-20-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 73418)
40 long days and nights. I'm not a trucker, it's worse I'm like a pissed off construction worker.

So it's the rest of February and all of March? Hmmmm, I'll have to think on this a bit. I'm thinking of making it that diet coke that I have every night with dinner and cursing. With the stress I've been under lately it can't sound great sometimes! I do have restraint at work though because I keep it professional for the customers. If I can do that for them, I should be able to do it all day then too right? LOL

So that's it! Diet Coke & swearing!

almeeker 02-20-2012 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 73415)
I wish it were muscle. Muscle doesn't jiggle like this. :( I'll take any challenge.

I'm waiting on Tori to make a baby Huey crack at me. :p

LOL, that was me working out this morning, jiggle jiggle jiggle ouch, jiggle jiggle jiggle ouch. When is your marathon?

Okay my challenge to you this week is to keep up with me:

Monday - walk 5 miles
Tuesday - 60 min upper body and abs
Wednesday - 60 min cardio (+ possibly 60 min zumba)
Thursday - 60 min yoga
Friday - 40 min Buns of steel + 40 min abs
Saturday - 30 min weight lifting and 45 min cardio

You don't have to do the exact same workouts, (although I would buy a ticket to watch you Zumba) it's the minutes I'm challenging you to keep up with.

kimbur96 02-20-2012 07:45 AM

Dar glad to hear your daughter is on the mend and a that you had a great interview. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Quinn Welcome back!!

Fit your so steady in your motivation I enjoy watching it.

Mea Welcome back Glad to hear this week is settling down and you can check in with us.

Mike I look forward to you Tori sparing it provides lots of entertainment. What will be this weeks challenge?

Tori Have fun but be safe at Mardi Gras

Wild heres to a strong week you can do it

Crazi slow and steady can be so frustrating but it's the best way Hang in there

Almeeker Those are some bought lent goals Best of luck

Here are my goals this week:

Calories revolving between 900-1400 (this is a new reduction for me in hopes to kick start some losing)
Cardio 5 x week
Weight Lifting 5 x week
Planking 5-7 x week
Some other additional physical activity 2-3 x week
Water 60oz daily

Good luck everyone!!!!!

almeeker 02-20-2012 07:50 AM

Dar n, good luck on the job interviewing. I've got my fingers crossed for you. How crazy that you were eyeball deep in a sick child situation and then had to pull off a job interview. Oh wow, when it rains, it pours... Hugs to you honey.

April, good luck with your son this week, I've got crossed fingers and hugs for you too.

Mern, honey where are you? Did you skip town to hit Mardi Gras or are you face down in the carb bucket?

Quin, I'm glad to see you back on board, you've been missed and I think I speak for the group as a whole when I say we've been worried.

meachan, how cool that you're a composer. That's music right?

Well I have to get going, good news here is that I've talked DD into giving up sweets along with me for moral support and she's thrown "watching television" on top of that.

almeeker 02-20-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 73421)
So that's it! Diet Coke & swearing!

Wow, you're a trooper! For the most part I've given up Diet Coke, but not entirely and never cold turkey for Lent. It took about 2 years, with lots of swearing.

01gt4.6 02-20-2012 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 73422)
LOL, that was me working out this morning, jiggle jiggle jiggle ouch, jiggle jiggle jiggle ouch. When is your marathon?

Okay my challenge to you this week is to keep up with me:

Monday - walk 5 miles
Tuesday - 60 min upper body and abs
Wednesday - 60 min cardio (+ possibly 60 min zumba)
Thursday - 60 min yoga
Friday - 40 min Buns of steel + 40 min abs
Saturday - 30 min weight lifting and 45 min cardio

You don't have to do the exact same workouts, (although I would buy a ticket to watch you Zumba) it's the minutes I'm challenging you to keep up with.

60+60+60+40+40+30+45 & 5 miles???? My workouts have been lasting 30 mins lately because I've been doing drop sets with with no breaks or rest. After just 30 minutes like this I'm sore for days. The only way I could get in that much time is with A LOT of walking. Seeing that I'm not starting until Wednesday, it'll be tough. I'll give it a shot! :)

fit4luv 02-20-2012 08:13 AM

Posting Responses ->

Quinn ~ Thanks for getting us going this week! Looks like you mean business in your fight against those last 5 lbs. Go for it!

April ~ I loooove your 2nd goal. Why is it we think to eat with others, even if not hungry? That goes along well with your saying at the bottom of your signature. I like the idea of learning to "hear" ourselves & to be true to ourselves.

Mary ~ You're impressive with "Do 5 things good" for yourself. What a wonderful attitude in including cleaning a room for one of those things. You've got me to thinking about how I approach my housework. Glad to see you safely back!

crazigerl ~ I think you must have a wise, little 5-yr old grand-daughter. Making the changes will pay off. That's great how you persist & are overcoming difficulties in order to become healthier.
You are making progress - What I see:
#1. Healthier Tastes -> a plus for Lifestyle.
#2. Self-Talk -> You're aware of what you tell yourself. You're choosing to think of difficulties (such as your rotator cuff) as a bend in the rood and not as total roadblock.
#3. You're talking with us!
#4. REWARD :) According to your signature, in Jan you lost total of 7.8 pounds!!! In fact, you went a couple pounds down in Feb, rather than up.

Keep at it Crazigerl!

Almeeker ~ Well, you have a great place to come for support for your 40-day Lent Goals. I'll seriously think about what for me, and will get back with you later on this.

Your Minutes Challenge: How many minutes of exercise (aerobic/strength training) total are you talking? OK ->
Here's mine:
Regular (150" Aerobic + 90" Muscle/Functional) + Challenge 30" = 240"

Hope ~ Thanks for the reminder to drink water! I actually needed it when I read your post. As of this time, I need to drink 24 oz for today. Pretty good for me!
I like your goals such as 20 minute of movement per day. We have to start where we are on our journey, there is no better place to start. When I started in December, my first primary goal was "just to move". Gradually I added on more. I think it's great that you're coming back here.

Darlene ~ Hi! It's always good to "see" you. I'll keep praying for you as you go to the interview. What an extra blessing in that you don't need to buy extra clothing because of positive changes that you made!

Mea ~ So happy that you're sticking at it. I know that it takes time to respond and others understand that too. Just like you, it helps me to read this thread when I have trouble responding and to post my updated goals. You're creating a new world for yourself with what you're accomplishing!

Kim ~ Thanks on your compliment. I feel like I'm fighting daily for my health - emotionally as well as physically. The motivational sayings & focus help me to "keep on keepin' on". And then of course, this forum is great.

canary52 02-20-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 73403)

Don't you need to prepare for the marathon in some way? Training perhaps? Diet? More water? Forgive me, I know nothing about this but I would be interested to know what you do to prepare for this.

And BTW if I don't say it (and I'm sure I will) good luck on this venture!!!

yourbadd 02-20-2012 08:37 AM

I had a stellar weight loss last week of 5.4lbs but know that it's gonna take even more hard work to keep the ball rolling. I'm taking it in baby steps as not to overwhelm myself and cause a derailment!!
I love the no profanity for Lent but KNOW I'd fail!

My weight loss goals for this week:
Current weight 178.2, goal for 2/27 is 174
Calories under 1600:
Protein above 46g:
Water at/above 96oz:
Vitamins/supplements daily:
Exercise 30 mins every day(even on work days!!):

Other Goals:
Purchase a few more presents for our very late Christmas with in-laws who have been stuck in Florida caring for relatives.
Get menu planned for fundraiser at work.
Get inventory done and order placed for said fundraiser.
Sit down with Hubby and iron out new budget.
Come up with a few new healthy lunch ideas...I'm in a rut!!!

Deborah

canary52 02-20-2012 08:43 AM

Mea, so cool you are a composer; what do you write? And Amy I never kenw you were an architect. And your exercise schedule is so impressive.
Luv, thank you for your kind words and support. I did 30 minutes of low level cardio (bike, "dreadmill" as Amy calls it and elliptical, 10 minutes each.) I stretched and did some light weights. And felt good. Yesterday I took a short hike with some friends but it was up and down hills and I felt a little yucky after (health issues.) So slow and steady wins the race.

canary52 02-20-2012 08:45 AM

Deborah I love that: proud momma of three oompah loompahs.

Kumochi 02-20-2012 09:31 AM

Well I achieved my "do someting new" goal in a scary manner. I flagged down an unknown jogger and asked him to come into my bedroom -- TO LET ME BACK INTO MY HOUSE! I was trapped on my upper deck when I went out to take down my Christmas lights. My new patio doors have an automatic lock on them which I forgot about until I heard it click shut. So I'm trapped on a deck about 12 feet up in the air with no way down! The unknown jogger was my first option -- I was still taking down the lights. If I'd been much longer I would have been throwing snowballs at the neighbours house hoping to get their attention. It was a beautiful day to be outside but the sun was on it's way down. So I covered 3 of my goals, got some exercise, got some fresh air and did something I've never done before. It was a first for my rescuer too. LOL I have now learned how to set the pin so it does not automatically lock. I may remove the lock if I ever do it again. Mary

quinnesec 02-20-2012 10:31 AM

Thanks for all of the "welcome backs"! I missed you guys! I really needed to get back here where it's safe, healthy and nurturing. First day logging foods in a while went ok, but it sure feels good to be in control of SOMETHING! lol I have a meeting in the morning with all of the department heads figuring out where we go from here. Should be interesting. I have a wonderful feeling that everything is ahead of schedule and that she'll be back in her own home within 7-10 days. She's a well educated, highly organized sort who is trying to take over as the facility administrator, so they may be happy to see her go... lol.

Mary,
What an awful experience! With my luck, I'd be trapped out there in my robe or something! I think I'd have to re-think an automatic lock, as well. Glad everything turned out well. :)

quinnesec 02-20-2012 10:34 AM

1. Keep calories around 1200. 1289
2. Log whenever possible. Yes
3. Keep a water bottle with me at all times. Yes
4. Get at least 2 long hikes in this week. 0
5. Take multi-vitamin and supplements. Yes
6. Minimum of 3 fruits and veggies a day. Yes

connect1 02-20-2012 10:40 AM

I'm in

Sorry I have been off the grid for the past few weeks - computer issue and health issue.

I like the goals and the ideas for Lent. I was thinking of taking up something for Lent - like going to the gym at least three times a week. I guess I could call it giving up the couch. :)

We had a long weekend and I did an early spring cleaning but failed miserably on the nutrition front over the past couple of weeks. Way too much junk food; not sure what triggered me but am going to have a better week this week.

Alison