Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, you are so sweet. Thanks for the peace prize giggles.
I've heard that Dukan diet is tough. I don't have enough self discipline to follow it. Wish I could sneak you a bread stick or pretzel that you could get by with. Could you have those sparingly when you get to maintenance?

Lizzie, swearing in Italian does sound more ladylike if you say it in a really sweet voice. I don't know any Italian, though. Mike could probably teach you some Creole/Cajun cursing with a Louisiana, USA accent. LOL
Old 02-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

quick check in... very busy day. I didn't write anything and planned on going to the gym but got side tracked with work and other issues. I have pool league tonight so I'll have to make time to hit the gym tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Having a good week. Will have to watch my eating as my brother is visiting. Lunch out but brought 1/2 it home and had leftovers for dinner. Went for 3 K walk so got outside and exercised. Keep up the good work those who are doing it. Get to work the rest of you. Time for spring Tune Ups.

I wonder if all Zumba instuctors are tiny and energetic. Mine looks like she is in another world most the time. Kinda entertaining. Mary
Old 02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy, damn! No profanity? How in the hell are you going to manage that? LOL LOL LOL Aw, I hope DD recovers from her ear infection quickly. Been there, done that on yelling at a kid who turned out to be sick. It's a human error--we've all done it and your DD will forgive you and likely forget all about it. Big hug to ya!
I've stopped yelling at her for the moment, but I still have my fingers crossed that one day God's sense of humor drops a set of triplet daughters on her that are just like their mother. Better yet, just like her mother, moo-ha-ha-ha!

I have not sworn today, although I did mutter a "Jesus" as I was nearly clipped upon entering a McDonald's today. That could be considered a prayer right? It was so close I had to drive up and over the curb a little to avoid getting hit, and the blasphemy just sort of blurped up from the fright. Otherwise I've been rather entertaining today as I try and come up with non-swear words to replace my usual vocabulary. Rassa-frassa (Yosemati Sam), Sweet giblets (Hannah Montana), Holy screaming crazy baby Batman, Asumpa-sauna-squashed-banana (Lion King), Holy ROY!!! (Hockey Night in Canada), and my current favorite "Oh steamin' poopy nuggets!".

I gotta be honest, I haven't decided which is harder to give up, swearing or white flour. The white flour has called seductively to me every minute today, the swearing I usually keep under control around the kiddos, so I can go all day without an incident, but I did the 30-Day Shred yesterday and followed it with Bob Harper Yoga for the Warrior this morning. Yeah, I felt the urge to scream some foulness at Bob, yes I did. I had to settle for "ouch, you son of a, b-, gun". It's a good thing I went with that because my DD10 came downstairs and was laughing at me trying to do yoga. So I said to her, "oh you think this is funny, then go ahead and try it Elastagirl". Now that was funny she's maybe even less flexible than I am. It's very hard to hold a yoga pose when you're laughing your behind off.

And all I can say for being able to laugh your butt off is that if it were possible, I wouldn't have much to sit on back there. And I might be able to make some solid coin working stand-up at WW meetings.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
quick check in... very busy day. I didn't write anything and planned on going to the gym but got side tracked with work and other issues. I have pool league tonight so I'll have to make time to hit the gym tomorrow.
You're going down, you better get yourself a jingle belt (hot pink maybe?), I smell me some u-tube Zumba video...

Last edited by almeeker; 02-22-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Ash Wednesday Report

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400/day. 1,433, 1,420, 1,399
2. 100 oz water daily. 72, 72, 100
3. Execute exercise plan (should equal about 7 hours). 62 min, 35 min, 60 min (total 2:37)
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -680, -834, -828 (total -2,342)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 22%, 18%, 27%
6. Log & report everyday. Y,Y,Y
7. Last Monday 164. Post weight: 168.4, 165.4, 164.8

Other stuff:

1. Spend 30-60 min daily working on rabbit cages. N,N,N
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N,N,N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. NN,YY,NN
4. Call guy about elliptical parts. N,N,N
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N,N, Printed it
6. Spend 1 hour daily working on Betsy costume. Y,Y,N
7. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened.

M: I had a nice long chat with my mom, about nothing specific.

T: All of my History Club kids are going to districts (because they want to, not because they have to), save one, but he's totally excused, his hockey team made the play-offs which unfortunately fall on the same weekend. And here's the cute part, my hockey/history buff was actually trying to figure out if he could skip the play-offs and go to the history competition, but unfortunately he's on first string, and the kid who plays his position on 2nd string has a busted ankle (which is probably why the history competition looked easier eh? A 10 minute presentation vs. 3 hours of hard ice skating being chased by guys with sticks, no brainer there.)

W: I dropped off the History Day applications and the guy called me back and was really happy to hear that we had 5 entries, he wasn't sure there were going to be any from our school because the old sponsor retired.

Goals for Lent:

No white flour Y,Y,Y
No white sugar Y,N,Y
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off. Y,Y,Y
No cheating. Y,N,Y
No profanity Y,Y,Y

April I'm so glad to hear that your son is making progress. This motherhood stuff isn't for the weak of heart is it? Big hugs to you.

Quinn, I'm so glad to hear that your mom is on the mend, she's a tough cookie and a lucky lady to have such an awesome kid.

I have to log off and go take care of the kiddos before they wreck something.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
You're going down, you better get yourself a jingle belt (hot pink maybe?), I smell me some u-tube Zumba video...
hey, I didn't sign up for that. Who signed me up?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Having a good week. Will have to watch my eating as my brother is visiting. Lunch out but brought 1/2 it home and had leftovers for dinner. Went for 3 K walk so got outside and exercised. Keep up the good work those who are doing it. Get to work the rest of you. Time for spring Tune Ups.

I wonder if all Zumba instuctors are tiny and energetic. Mine looks like she is in another world most the time. Kinda entertaining. Mary
I remember when aerobics instructors all had massive quads from all the jumping. The lady that does the local "Crazy Early in the Morning Body Pump" class looks like some one zapped an actual Malibu Barbie Doll with a "grow bigger" ray and made her triple in size. She's maybe 4'-10" and 68lbs, and very very tan.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
hey, I didn't sign up for that. Who signed me up?
Tori.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Tori.
This is sooooo funny, as are your other posts, Amy. You're on a rassafrassin' roll!!!

As for zumba, frankly, it frightens me. The people who practice is it seem very energetic and well... very very happy. They beckon me inside with no knowledge of how rhythmically impaired I actually am. I can barely walk on straight ground.

Seriously. I was taking a not very challenging walk today and midway thru I felt like lying down right on the sidewalk. (Thank you fibromyalgia and lack of sleep.) I said to myself I'm not gonna make it. But I couldn't call DH who is CRAZED with work and it felt dopey to call one of my friends who would have gladly come get me. So like pregnant women and bodybuilders world wide, I pushed through. And survived and in fact, was better for it. And EARNED my spot on the couch.

Now, does anyone have a pretzel? A breadstick? A cracker even? Yeah this Dukan diet kinda... what's the word? blows. Is that a curse word?

But hey, I lost 3 pounds. I'm gonna go kick the poopy nuggets wall now...

Last edited by canary52; 02-22-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.