Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I just had to share this. My silly cat is a bird watcher. She gets all excited and her tail starts twitching when the birdies are in the yard. Well knowing this, my Deddy went out and bought a couple of feeders and put them right outside the bedroom window. (yeah, you read that right, my dad bought bird feeders for my CAT). Anyway, she was so excited this morning cause it looked like we were in the middle of an aviary, and I snapped the following pics.

She's so precious....
OMG that is hilarious and she's an absolute darling. Dad's can be really funny about cats, sounds like your dad and cat are officially bonded. My own father professes to hate cats, but when I moved back home my dad would take Babyfat (yes, that really was her name) for "walks" down to the mailbox and back because "she needed the exercise". One day I caught him doing this, he wasn't taking her for a "walk", he CARRIED her to the mailbox and back, whispering sweet nothings in her ear and feeding her treats out of his coat pocket. My other cat Nigel went with dad to do the barn chores, he didn't usually carry Nigel, but the two of them would carry on entire conversations in "cat speak". OMG it was funny.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Grrr why am I so hungry?
Because you are a living breathing organism and need food to survive. There is also a chance that your superpower is to survive any and all forms of famine. That's my fall back position when I have no other excuse for stuffing my face. Did you eat a lot of carbs earlier in the day and are now crashing? Personally I am completely prone to a crash after consuming grains, especially anything made with white flour or sugar (and let's face it, where you find one, you find the other). And when I crash, it's like I'm hollow and flat out can't get enough to eat.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-15-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400/day. 2,032, 1,869, 1,750
2. 128 oz water daily (Mike you really should have challenged me to something harder, I'm already at 50 for the day and I haven't even worked out yet). 128, 100, 128
3. 7 hours exercise. 0 min, 0 min, 120 min (total: 2:00)
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -66, -215, -470 (total -751)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 18%, 18%, 19%
6. Log & report everyday. Y,Y,Y
7. Last Monday 164. Post weight: 165, 164.4, 164.6, 164.6

Other stuff:

1. Cut all the pieces for the other 3 rabbit cages. N,N,N
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N,N,N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. YY, NY,YY
4. Call guy about elliptical parts. N,N,N
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N,N,N
6. Finish 3 pieces for Betsy costume. N,N,N
7. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened. I found a new Starbucks coffee cup to give DH for Valentine's today, and it's darn near perfection. I kept my calories to less than 2,000 on Valentine's Day. Went for a really nice LONG walk with my workout partner, and we discussed setting up a calendar for working out through the end of the school year.

Cassie, I can completely relate to the "lost focus" problem. Currently I'm blaming my broken elliptical and swim season, but I need to redirect that blame on to myself. I did make a tiny bit of progress this morning, I got up early and put my workout clothes on, then I got distracted by a bunch of little cleaning chores that didn't get done yesterday, and the next thing you know the coffee was ready and the kids were up. I keep thinking that I'm kidding myself about being one of those "healthy & fit" people, none of it comes naturally to me, not the eating or the working out. But I know that I can overcome it, I do enjoy a good runner's high after a workout, I just need to make that workout happen. I've been giving myself the excuse that I need to feel well tomorrow and can't be achy head to toe, so I've not been pushing the workouts at all. I need to overcome that excuse, feeling achy head to toe is good for me, end of discussion.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Tuesday and Wednesday Check in

Good Morning! I'm so sorry I didn't get to post yesterday, the day just got away from me! I'm still trying to catch up with everyone's posts and I'll try to get back with that later today unless the day goes completely awry again. Anyway, here is Tuesday and Wednesday,

1200-1400 cals 13531269 1314
80 oz water YesYes Yes
Treadmill T-Th-Sat T-Yes
5000 steps on non TM days 40055963
8000 steps on TM days 7208
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times. YesYes
Post here every day YesNo Yes

Have a great day everyone, I'll do my best to show up later!

Julie
Old 02-16-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz of water M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Walk at lunch unless freezing & windy (this week may be bad for walking) M: Windy & 27*, T: a little over a mile - still cold out but did 3 laps and went to the store, W: 1 mile then had to stop for a phone session with son & therapist,
3. Carbs less than 50% (new at this one so not setting it too low) M: 56%, T: 52%, W: 51%,
4. Work out 3 times by Friday (I know I won't on the weekend since hubby's home both days) M: No, T: No, W: 1hr,
5. Weigh and post daily M: 262.4lbs, T: 260.4lbs, W: 260.2lbs, Th: 260.6lbs, Loss this week: 1.8 lbs
6. 500 calorie deficit daily M: -1021, T: -1206, W: -783, Deficit this week: -3010 calories

Life Goals ...
1. One day at a time M: Oh Lord, I need help with this one right now...I'm doing it but it ain't easy, T: Not getting much better, W: Ughhhhhh!,
2. Cross-stitch at least 3 times (can be done on lunch at work to count) M: 45 mins on lunch, T: None, W: None,
3. Finish weekend laundry M: No, T: Nope, W: one in the dryer and one in the washer
4. Make sure son's clothes are ready for Valentine's Dance Thursday night.... Awwwww! M: No, T: No, W: DONE!

I wasn't hungry yesterday but overate at supper anyway. I think it was because it was lots of carbs and sodium and I was taking comfort in that. So due to the load of sodium in dinner, I'm up .4lbs today. I can take that though. I know what it is and where it came from.

I gotta stop on my way home from work tonight and pick up the very simple corsage that I ordered for the dance. He wanted to get her a rose but I didn't want it to be something she had to carry around or find a place to keep until going home so her corsage will have one lavender rose surrounded with baby's breath. Her dress is purple so we picked him up a new shirt that is dark gray and black with some purple striping. We have no idea the shade of purple so I'm hoping it's close enough.

Did I mention there are three, YES 3! cheesecakes with strawberry topping in my fridge and no plans to give any of them away? 1/8th of the pie is 410 calories so I can fit that in on most days that I exercise. Why do I do that to myself? Because all together the supplies cost me $5 for all three pies with my discounts at work.

Lizzie ... Yum! Strawberries. I love fresh ones. I had some with breakfast yesterday and the day before. The ones I had last night may not count as healthy since they were in the glaze that topped my slice of cheesecake though.

Mike ... 4 Policies! Who is the big pimp daddy of policy writing now? ... I always work out at home. I have not bought any special clothes to work out in yet. When I go for a walk at work, it's in my work clothes even. I just do it in whatever I'm wearing at the moment. Is that a bad thing? LOL

Kay ... At least you did some kettlebells! It's better than nothing at all. Chin up! It will all come together for ya.

Luv ... I wonder the same things. Will I ever be able to live without thinking about every bite that I eat or every move that I make?

Cassie ... Sorry to hear about your hungry day. Hope today is better!

Tori ... I had a feeling that was what CN was going to say! Now it's up to you to sort through all of your emotions.

Luv ... Thanks for your thoughts. I am a thinker so I go through every scenario to try to make a good decision for everyone involved before deciding anything major ever. It wears me out and I crash hard when I go to bed for the night though.

Amy ... I'm in the same boat as you. I gotta "MAKE" that workout happen and then I feel awesome for having done it. It's just getting around to do it that is the problem. I went back to bed this morning when hubby left instead of working out and can't walk today due to freezing rain so I am determined that in between drop off & pick up of son from school dance that is 20 mins away I will get a workout in. Even if it's just a half hour one. I will do something!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

OMG y'all! I made a boo boo! I had to run to the front of the store to grab a couple of carts, and slid back down the holiday aisle. That's when I saw the one thing that screams EASTER to me. The wonderful marshmallowy goodness that are Peeps! I'm not real sure how long I'm going to make it without devouring a package (or 3). I must keep my eye on the prize.

I am having a glorious day today! Even though it's raining, in my world, everything is Sunshine and Rainbows! The scale showed the goodness to me this morning too. 205.6!!

Will check back on everybody later. Hope all is well in your worlds
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
OMG y'all! I made a boo boo! I had to run to the front of the store to grab a couple of carts, and slid back down the holiday aisle. That's when I saw the one thing that screams EASTER to me. The wonderful marshmallowy goodness that are Peeps! I'm not real sure how long I'm going to make it without devouring a package (or 3). I must keep my eye on the prize.

I am having a glorious day today! Even though it's raining, in my world, everything is Sunshine and Rainbows! The scale showed the goodness to me this morning too. 205.6!!

Will check back on everybody later. Hope all is well in your worlds
Ya know what screams Easter to me? Ooey Gooey sickenly sweet Cabury Cream Eggs! No matter what the plan I'm on I have to have at least one!!! It's just a matter of holding out long enough that I don't end up buying one early and then needing another because they are still there too long!

Oh and I got good(ish) news today. The hospital is going to keep my son inpatient until Wednesday (tenatively) so that they can participate in the CASSP meeting on Tuesday and we can have a plan established before he is released! That is what I wanted. At least one of the things I wanted.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

April. So glad you get to participate in what will work best for you and your son. You have so much going on at the moment, I am full of admiration for how you are coping. Sounds like your other son will have a great time this evening and due in no small way to your help.

Tori. I bet you are walking on air, it's great when they let us know what they really want from a relationship and it sounds like just what you were hoping for.

I've been visiting an old 19th century house today, followed by a visit to an old pub for
lunch where I did not have pudding even though there were lots of scrummy things on the menu. We are having a quiet night in this evening, talking about our future wedding plans.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Check -In Time

*~*FitDay Challenge *~* Persevere: "Keep Swimming"
"Life is a challenge, meet it." ~ Mother Theresa
Check-in: Mon - Tues - Wed
Sun = "Cushion" Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk

TUES MISSION -> Veg. - Eat 3 serv. of low carb. *Accomplished
WED MISSION -> 64 oz H2O *Accomplished
THURS MISSION -> Track Servings
{-5- Veg/Grain/Meat/Oils} {Fruit 1.5 & Dairy 3}{Extra-within 1600 Cal. goal}

FIT (Focus ~ Intake ~Train)
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
*Audio Bible (10 chapt) =
*Hlth Group (wkly Bk Study) =
*Thankfulness Journal (Daily Entry) = Yes x1 :::: No x2

INTAKE (3) Nutrition
*1600 Calorie = AT/BELOW x2 ::: ABOVE x1
*H2O (40 oz) = Yes x3 ::::: No x0
*Supplements = Yes x2 ::::: No x1

TRAIN (3) Movement
*Aerobic (150") = 80"
*Life: Miles/Steps (15 mi/32,000 Steps) = 9.77 mi
*Muscular (Each Area x2) = UEs x1 * LEs x1 * Torso x1

DAY (3) Life
DAZZLE: *Deep Clean: Zone 3 (1' 15") = 1 hr
ADMINISTRATE: *Paper Trail (20") =
YARD (Outside) *Maintain (x5) =

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-17-2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Spelling -- Copy Goals
Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, just checking in to say.... another hectic day. Last night my daughters car was involved in a nasty hit and run, while it was parked at her work. Just got out of a meeting and now I'm dealing with this. I'll be back later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.