Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Tori. So you are saving for your own place, I bought my home many years ago, it is not large and it's not in the poshest of neighbourhoods but it's mine and I have slowly improved it over the years. I hope you find your little piece of earth that you can call your own.
Yeah, saving my own little castle. And I'm sure it will be little. I'm just tired of renting, always having to make sure this is right or that doesn't get messed up. If it gets messed up in MY place, oh well, I have no one to be accountable to but myself. I actually prefer older houses that need a little TLC. So, that's probably what I'll look for. It might not be in the best neighborhood, but I'm used to living in the ghetto, so no big

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Super fast check in. I'm still at the office, running late for the gym. Will have to go straight from work and workout in jeans. I did write 2 today. That makes 4 for the week.
If you had planned ahead, you would have packed some clothes and taken them with you so you could change. Just sayin' Oh, and great job on the policies!!

For the life of me I couldn't figure out why I suddenly got a headache about 2 hours ago. And then it hit me. I hadn't had any caffeine today!! So, I had to make a pit stop at the gas station for a 20 oz. Starting to feel better now! I think that I'm going to make a quick supper then get a work out in. I'm not feeling the walking, so I may see what's currently in the DVD player. Zumba again tomorrow night, so excited! Who'd have ever thought I'D get excited about any kind of exercise?? Not me, that's for sure! Will be back later to post totals for the day.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
If you had planned ahead, you would have packed some clothes and taken them with you so you could change. Just sayin' Oh, and great job on the policies!!

If I would have known that I was going to have to watch my niece until my SIL came home, I would have. The bad thing is I didn't even get to leave for lunch. I was stuck at my desk starving!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Well, in that case....I guess I understand.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Did'ja like the way he pulled the "niece" card????
yup, smart man pulling on the ole heart strings.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
yup, smart man pulling on the ole heart strings.
hah, I didn't even think of that.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Just checking in. Did some kettlebells tonight, but my eating is way off, and I really need to walk. I took my vitamins though. :-)
Old 02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I got a nice email from one that I wrote yesterday. This isn't the one with the $7474. I save everyone that I've been writing a good bit of money. That's part of my "system" It's nice to get a nice message from a new client.

Hey Mike:
Just wanted to thank you for helping me save some money. You're a very good salesman and agent. Please let me know what I need to do to make you my agent.
Very Nice!!! It speaks to your character.
Mike ~ How soon do you think you'll get your new bike? Can you make some fitness goals in relation to that?
Your comments have to do with what I've been thinking about this last week. That is, what is the mindset of people who remain fit? I want to train my brain to think like people who are fit and stay that way.

Rhetorical question - unless you have an answer: Will I ever be at a point where I don't have to think so hard about food/exercise? Will I come to a point where I automatically embrace more fully an active/healthy lifestyle? at least gravitate toward healthy fitness?
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
But, realistically, life happens. I wish we could all make our health our full-time job, but we have other responsibilities and other interests, too. It's finding a balance to get everything in that is the hard part for me. So there are various options. Can we brainstorm?

To get my motivation back, I sometimes post up some strict goals here. Or commit to posting the food log. Do a reward schedule for each clean week. Ask the people I live with to watch me and tell them when I'm done eating for the night. Check some books out of the library on health and fitness and read them to get all gung-ho again. Watch TV (& exercise during, if I can)...there are a ton of shows now that document the trials of obese individuals. Usually by the time I've done that last one, I'm recommitted (at least for now) and also want to go start a support / coaching program to reach out to other folks.

Think about what motivates you. It's different for everyone...but you are not the only one on the slippery slope. I'll be really interested in everyone's thougths.
Cassie ~ I like what you said about rewards & making yourself accountable when you feel like you need the push to make healthy choices. See my comments to Mike.

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Just checking in. Did some kettlebells tonight, but my eating is way off, and I really need to walk. I took my vitamins though. :-)
Hang in there Kay! I'm also struggling this week. I keep telling myself to Focus, especially on the reason I'm working at being fit.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-15-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

Checking in for the night. Today wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. I was hungry pretty much from the time I got up, til now. I ended the day with 1403 calories, so that's not too bad. I did get a lot accomplished today. I have the last load of clothes in the dryer now, and have already got breakfast, lunch, and a snack ready for tomorrow. I ran by the Goodwill this afternoon and picked up a couple more pairs of pants for work. I'm not dropping a lot of money on pants for work. Especially when I don't plan on being in my current size for very long. So, anyway....

Health/Fitness
1--Walk M W Th--can't Friday cause we're leaving-didn't walk because I had a better offer, N, N---A BIG BUST THIS WEEK!
2--drink some more water, woman cannot live by diet mountain dew alone-on bottle 2!!, failed miserably, shaking my head
3--get at least 3 good work outs in before leaving-Zumba, N, N
4--weight loss? I'll try!!-starting weight Monday morning 208.4 UGHH, STILL 208.4, 207.6 (woot woot, finally going the right way)

Life
DONE!1--make sure all clothes are washed and ready to pack by Wednesday--YES
DONE!2--run by WalMart and pick up new eyeglass case--YES
3--spend some quality time with Jassie. Bless her little kitty heart, her momma is leavin her for a week-she played with me for ohhhh 2 mintues, then said "uh uh, Gramma gives me TREATS!!!", Yes but she kicked me in the face and cut my cheek and nose, Yes and she's been a terror all day!
4--pack no later than Thursday night
5--DO NOT GO TO JAIL-so far so good!, not so sure I won't come tomorrow morning, I still haven't been locked up

Something wonderful that happened today: I finally got a call from CN. We had a really good talk, but he was beat and didn't stay on very long. The best part of it all? He finally asked me to NOT see others while he's gone. I had a feeling it was coming, but was waiting on the official word from him. He said that he didn't realize how much he would miss me while he was gone, and not being able to speak with me was killing him. All together now....AAAWWWWWW!! He said that from the get go he didn't really want me seeing others, but was scared that I wouldn't want to wait or that I would feel that it was unfair for him to ask. I didn't realize how attached I was until the past few days. I never expected to fall so quickly for him. And it was scary quick, but it happened and I'm okay with it. Now I've just got to figure out how to be okay with not talking to him everyday.....

G'night everybody! Sweet dreams!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Tori ~ I'm glad if my posts are able to bring a smile to your face. You've had so much going on lately. Hope you can see good results at your next "official" weigh-in.

Hope~ You are taking positive steps forward.

April ~ It's a lot of murky water that you're swimming thru. I agree with you, that your thoughts make too much sense on which steps should be taken next. Wish I could smooth out the snags for you.

Lizzie ~ I love to watch your goals being met.

Ashlie ~ Good to see you sticking it out!

kimbur ~ You're back!!!! Those videos are awesome.

Terrie ~ I love how you tackled cooking & made a wonderful soup!

Darlene ~ Did I miss reading a post of yours along the way? I miss you. My apologies if I got mixed up here. It seems like I'm easily confused these days.

Pam ~ You're another one that I get lots of inspiration from. You seem to have a lot of focus with living a healthy lifestyle.

zyxst ~ (Do I have it right?) I'm watching for you for whenever you can come back.

Julie ~ Awwww.. You're welcome. Steps are a challenge for me as well. I now have a new short term focus in mind for weight loss. So with that in mind, I'm rethinking my miles/steps goal. I know 10,000 steps daily is my ultimate goal, but I have to start with where I am now.

Mern ~ Did I miss some weight numbers?!!! You're now at 215 according to your signature . . . wooohooooo! On an earlier note: I'm glad that you didn't think I was shouting advice at you.

almeeker ~ On de-cluttering: One thing I do is keep a "give away" box. So as I go about my day, I can put things into that box. When the box is full, then I take care of it. But still, I've so much to go thru. It seems as if this last year the 2 girls changed suddenly and are done playing with certain toys. Even in the kitchen, I just got rid of some drinking bottles. Why am I always looking for that perfect drinking bottle????

Mea ~ Welcome back into the trenches!
Congrats on your weight loss -- what a reward for your hard work. You've made a lot of healthy changes according to your post & to your signature!

And to anyone I missed -> Please accept my apologies.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-15-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Yaaaaaaaaay Tori!!!!!!

For CN request & weight loss going downward!

Cupid strikes again . . . On Valentine's Week . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.