FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6514-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-01-30-12-a.html)

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 71057)
I exercised as promised before logging back on. Glad I got that done while waiting for live-in GD to call for me to pick her up from her college placement test.

Mike, nice food and fitness accomplishments yesterday.

Aw, ain't that cute--Quinn sucking up to Mike that way. She wants to be his fave in the stable. :)

Good job on getting in some exercise! Thanks, and as for Quinn...:cool:

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 71058)
LOL, does that make us horses or mules?

How 'bout a flock of beautiful sheep... or is it goats?

Originally Posted by taubele (Post 71061)
Mike: You'd never forget me... much ;) Thank you for the reminders AND the butt-kicking!

~Terri

Keep eating pizza and if your butt doesn't swell from the kicking it'll swell from the pizza. I mean that in the nicest way. ;)

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 71079)
You guys are cracking me up this week! I need it.

I have a lot going on so won't be posting goals this week just wanted to check in so you know that I am alive. The stress that I have been trying to get through life while pretending it doesn't exist mutliplied this weekend more than I can count. And I'm still doing my best to go through daily life without everyone in the world asking what's wrong. I just can't handle that question right now without tearing up or actually crying.

I am doing fine health/fitness wise. I'm up about 1-1/2 lbs this week for TOTM so I'm not even concerned about that. I'm just going to keep doing what I know how and that is portion control and exercise. I did let the exercise go during the end of last week but I'm getting back at it tomorrow morning bright and early.

I'm not sure what's going on, don't worry, I won't ask "what's wrong?".;) Stress can be rough, as you know I was going through a rough patch recently. Don't take this the wrong way... (it always sounds bad when I start a sentence like that) seeing that Aunt Flow is here and the issues was multipled this weekend, could it have been PMS? Not to down play what's going on but whacked out hormones (I also mean that in the nicest way) can make a bad situation much, much worse.

Kay_in_PA 01-31-2012 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 71107)

And just last week we were cackling hens. :D

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 09:25 AM

Now I feel like I'm playing the waiting game. I have 2 apps started, but I need additional information. The other people want what pimp daddy has offered but i can't seem to nail them down. I've noticed that I have this trend of writing most of my business on Monday and Tuesday, so I need to try to push to knock out at least 2 of the 6 that I have planned today!

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA (Post 71110)
And just last week we were cackling hens. :D

See that just goes to show that y'all are EVERYTHING to me!:D Where would I be without y'all?:confused:

I must say, that was a pretty good save, huh?;)

almeeker 01-31-2012 10:04 AM

Let's go with goats, sheep really aren't that beautiful up close and goats are waaaaayyyyy smarter.

ToriD1012 01-31-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 71113)
goats are waaaaayyyyy smarter.

you went there.. you really really went there.....

ToriD1012 01-31-2012 10:36 AM

K, I am gonna get some food in my belly and then lace up the tennies.

Any comments on turkey burgers? Havin my first one tonight and not sure what to expect.....

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 71116)
K, I am gonna get some food in my belly and then lace up the tennies.

Any comments on turkey burgers? Havin my first one tonight and not sure what to expect.....

Should be good.

ToriD1012 01-31-2012 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 71119)
Should be good.

eeeeehhhh, it was aight. didn't compare to beef.

How many should I put in tonight???? Half a mile?:D;)

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 71120)

How many should I put in tonight???? Half a mile?:D;)

2? I'm going to lift heavy today so none for me.

ToriD1012 01-31-2012 12:09 PM

I was thinking between 2 and 3. The knee feels better, but don't want to push it too much tonight. I guess that means I need to GOMA, right??

Kay_in_PA 01-31-2012 12:33 PM

Walked a mile to loosen up my legs. They were feeling pretty tight after last nights walk. After loosening up, I did a training session with kettlebells. I gave my legs a break and did mostly upper body and abs including the dreaded Russian twists with a 20 pound kettlebell.

almeeker 01-31-2012 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 71120)

You have to spice it up, add about a tablespoon of steak seasoning, a dash or 6 of steak sauce and some egg white to stick it together more. It's still not beef, but it's better than plain turkey. Spicy mustard is good too.

almeeker 01-31-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA (Post 71124)
Walked a mile to loosen up my legs. They were feeling pretty tight after last nights walk. After loosening up, I did a training session with kettlebells. I gave my legs a break and did mostly upper body and abs including the dreaded Russian twists with a 20 pound kettlebell.

My back got a catch just from the description. Ugh.

quinnesec 01-31-2012 01:02 PM

Good job on getting in some exercise! Thanks, and as for Quinn...:cool:

Here's to a more beautiful ewe!!! HAHAHAH...*snort*... *chuckle, chuckle*.....

Um... sorry... couldn't help myself. :D

almeeker 01-31-2012 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by taubele (Post 71077)
Public humiliation!!!! I accept! I'm sure I have a sleeveless flannel somewhere... or BF does! I'll let him know about Mimi too -- in fact I am texting him right now and he's saying he's gonna march me out there and make me jog on the disc golf course if I need to.

Speaking of which - I want to make sure disc golf counts? It's like regular golf, so there's lots of walking, except you stop to throw a frisbee rather than hit a golf ball, and the distances are mostly-shorter. If that doesn't count I'll make myself jog between holes, will that suffice? I can't run with the bad ankle, but jogging I can do with a brace.

And hey, you'll be better than my mom with the birds and bees conversation -- she came while my sister and I were in the bathtub at age 7 or so and brought a cucumber as a prop! :eek:

Hahaha, that's pretty funny. What is he scared of blue eye shadow or something? Too bad cause he could own that color like a BOSS!

I had to laugh over the cucumber story. OMG, that is hilarious, and seriously how disappointed were you when you saw a naked man for the first time? My mom didn't bring props she brought medical texts books and a copy of the Carma Sutra. Before she was done I knew pretty much everything there is to know, the textbook version anyway. It made for some fairly interesting episodes with my friends, who were given almost no information at all. I was common knowledge that I "knew" things and could offer sound advice. You would not believe the questions that friends have asked me.

Ugh, I gotta go, the kids need to be chased off to bed before DH kills one of them.

quinnesec 01-31-2012 01:25 PM

I never did get my walk in today, darn. By the time I was finished with all of my errands/elder-care/grocery shopping, it was 3pm and I had to get a roast in the oven. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow. Food was again ok calorie-wise, but I was really carb-heavy. Had to take my mom to McDonald's because she wanted a Happy Meal... I know, how embarrassing is that. It's not that she's losing it, she's just depression-era frugal and doesn't have a huge appetite. Oh man, the things I do. Anyway, that led to me having a little burger because she said "...salad isn't a meal". Ugh. It wasn't bad until I ran into one of my husband's co-workers with my little girl's Happy Meal and coffee on my tray... lol. On the bright side, I got a Barbie toy! LOL Wow, what has my life become??? :)

Tuesday:

1. Calories under 1200, no excuses, busy or not. 995, 1183
2. Drink a minimum of 80 oz. per day. Yes, Yes
3. No bread, butter, cheese M-F. None, 2 (I blame my mother.)
4. 3 fruits and veggies daily. 3, 3
5. Multi-vitamin daily. Yes, Yes

April,
Hang in there. Wishing you better times soon. You know we are always here when you're ready to vent. January has been really stressful in so many ways. I think there are a bunch of us who will be glad to see it go! ;)

Terri,
How come I missed the page in the Parent's Handbook that stated that we could use props?? I had a talk with my daughter a few years back about condoms, and she was so uncomfortable with the word, that I told her to pick a word that she was more comfortable with and she chose "ice cream cones". The whole talk went totally downhill from there!! ;) (I should have used props...) lol

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 01:32 PM

I had my little bird chest poked out again today. I hit a PR on bench press. The crazy thing was that it was on my 5th set!:eek:

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 71127)
Here's to a more beautiful ewe!!! HAHAHAH...*snort*... *chuckle, chuckle*.....

Um... sorry... couldn't help myself. :D

You're in a funny mood. Did you crack open a bottle of wine. ;)

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 71129)
I never did get my walk in today, darn. By the time I was finished with all of my errands/elder-care/grocery shopping, it was 3pm and I had to get a roast in the oven.

3. No bread, butter, cheese M-F. None, 2 (I blame my mother.)

Now it's time for me to ride your ass! Soooo... what did you do for the couple hours that the roast SAT IN THE OVEN? You could have got in a quick walk. Tisk, tisk, tisk.

Blame it on your mother?? Tori, tell her what's the only thing you can blame it on... (Got that song stuck in your head again, huh?)

almeeker 01-31-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 71130)
Blame it on your mother?? Tori, tell her what's the only thing you can blame it on... (Got that song stuck in your head again, huh?)

I dunno, the rain? What song are you talkin' 'bout, I'm lost here.

almeeker 01-31-2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 71127)
here's to a more beautiful ewe!!! Hahahah...*snort*... *chuckle, chuckle*.....

Um... Sorry... Couldn't help myself. :d

roflol.

almeeker 01-31-2012 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 71129)
Terri,
How come I missed the page in the Parent's Handbook that stated that we could use props?? I had a talk with my daughter a few years back about condoms, and she was so uncomfortable with the word, that I told her to pick a word that she was more comfortable with and she chose "ice cream cones". The whole talk went totally downhill from there!! ;) (I should have used props...) lol

Chuckle chuckle snort. Ice cream cones? Seriously?

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 71132)
I dunno, the rain? What song are you talkin' 'bout, I'm lost here.

yep. I think I made her pee her pants with that song. :eek:

almeeker 01-31-2012 01:53 PM

I had my little bird chest poked out again today. I hit a PR on bench press. The crazy thing was that it was on my 5th set!:eek:

Your such a tease. You hit a PR, make the time to post it here, but forget to give us a number? Jeez, some people.

I didn't hit my 10K steps today, but I'm waving it off, I spent an hour at the pool with the kiddos and their coach. Swimming makes me soooooo zzzz......... 'nighty night I'm out of here.

almeeker 01-31-2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 71135)

Better her pants than her shoes :eek:!!!

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 71136)
Your such a tease. You hit a PR, make the time to post it here, but forget to give us a number? Jeez, some people.

I didn't hit my 10K steps today, but I'm waving it off, I spent an hour at the pool with the kiddos and their coach. Swimming makes me soooooo zzzz......... 'nighty night I'm out of here.

warm up was 135x15, then I did 185x10. I never max out but figured I would so I cut back on reps. 205x6, 225x4 and drum roll..... 245x2. :D

01gt4.6 01-31-2012 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 71137)

very true!:D

ToriD1012 01-31-2012 02:16 PM

Tori, tell her what's the only thing you can blame it on... (Got that song stuck in your head again, huh?)

the only thing we can blame it on is this. Rob'nFabfo'eva!!!!!!! Were any of us really surprised when we found out they were lip syncing????

ToriD1012 01-31-2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 71135)

I ALMOST peed my pants

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 71137)

*cringing*

ToriD1012 01-31-2012 03:14 PM

Health/Fitness-
1-under 1300--1236, 958
2-drink more water--Y, Y
3-no eating after 10 pm--going to bed before 10 so considering it a Y, N
4-walk at least 10--day off, 2.01
5-workout 3X--day off, N
6-any weight loss is a plus--starting weight Monday morning 211.4, 211

Life
1-don't take my problems out on others--hmmmm? not so well on this one today, I didn't throw things when I wanted....
2-pack pack pack--nope, a lil bit
3-enjoy last my last weekend with CN before he leaves:( :(
4-catch back up on paperwork--nope even further behind than I thought.....nnnoooope

Had a much better day today. I wasn't bitchy or moody. I got a little stressed early in the day, but didn't smoke the ciggy that one of the guys left me. I thought about it, decided against it. Headed to bed.....TTYT

dar n 01-31-2012 06:39 PM

Amy Her name is kaya she was only 4 weeks in the pics I posted last night she is 8 weeks now and has a ridiculous amount of hair she is an eskimo/pom mix and has a great little personality. I am sure your Christmas weight will just fall off also, mine seriously was being very difficult for 3 weeks then just decided it was done with me. Oh my I am laughing and sharing your dd bunny story with my dd.:)

Xyzst That’s a whole lot of computer issues at once I hope you can one or both fixed soon.

Mern My cats are not so impressed today but the puppy really likes are youngest cat I hope they will be friends soon.

Kim Wish I had a suggestion to help with insomnia but I suffer alongside you and have yet to have much success in overcoming it, but I sympathize with you there is nothing worse than that walking through your day while asleep feeling.

Terri Throw out that water bottle and buy a good quality reusable one sheesh a scientist and yet your drinking leached carcinogens like deha and bpa, unless you now something I don’t maybe it’s a scam to get me to but more water bottles my hubby’s always looking for the conspiracy theory.:rolleyes: Oh my that’s seriously the worst bird and bee story I have ever heard.

Tori Yeah on a good nights sleep.

April You and your family are in my prayers.

Julie great job on avoiding the treats.

Quinn I love your mom story my grandma used to love chicken mcnuggets and she would also order the kids meal because four nuggets were more than enough for anyone you now those people ordering six are just being greedy, I miss my grandma and her ability to tell it like it is.

Mike Stop with the milli vanilli you now they are just lipsinc geniuses not musicians right lets just leave them in the 80’s were they belong.

You guys are a bunch of standup comedians today I kept hitting the page number eager to see who was up next. While I got a lot of extra steps in today housebreaking a puppy she’s pretty good but I have had her down the stairs and out in the yard every hour I am hoping she sleeps all night. My dd made her a scrapbook page already I chuckled I will try to post some pics of her now she has fur she’s still pretty cute.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=3.1k, T=6.2k
Exercise 5 days: M=walk, T=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=N, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=N, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1183, T=1309
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-689, T=-702
No sugar: M=N(cinnamon hearts), T=Y

dar n 01-31-2012 07:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 283
This morning when we went to get her.

Attachment 282
Walking up to her new home.

Attachment 284
Meeting our old dog Lucky (she was lucky we kept her, she's a dalmation/lab x and she has some issues but we love her anyways.)

We have named her Kaya she is an 8 week old american eskimo/pom cross she should grow to be 15 to 18 lbs and 15-20" tall and I promised her I will never put her in silly dog clothes or put pink bows in her hair. This is my first small dog hubby and kids have always been about the large dogs so this little guy will be raised like hes a big dog:D

almeeker 01-31-2012 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 71140)
the only thing we can blame it on is this. Rob'nFabfo'eva!!!!!!! Were any of us really surprised when we found out they were lip syncing????

You're right it was waaaay too good to be true, we should have known from the get-go it was a hoax.

almeeker 01-31-2012 11:12 PM

Tuesday Check-in

Health:

1. Calories 1,400 M-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,400, 1,659
2. Water 100 oz daily. 100+, 100
3. Calorie deficit 5,000. -1,228, -1,053 (total -2,281)
4. Protein 25% or higher. 36%, 22%
5. Workout 6 hours. 75 min. 60 min (total 2:15)
7. Steps on the pedometer 10,000 daily. 14,203, 4,464
8. Log and report in daily INCLUDING WEEKENDS. Y,Y
9. Take measurements on 2/1/12. Tomorrow. Cannot find the stupid tape measure.

10. Weigh and post daily. 165.8, 163.2, 162
Other Stuff:

1. Call mom about babysitting Friday night. N,N
2. Housework 30 minutes daily + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY
3. Finish rabbit cage and start 2 more. Painted and bought plywood. Painted some more.
4. Plan Girl Scout calendar for February. N,N
5. Order GS badges. N,N
6. Keep spending to a min. $168.25, $76.64 (total $244.99) Not doing well on this one here.
7. Send in prescriptions. BOO-YAH!!!

Yesterday looks like a complete failure, but I swear it wasn't. I did go over calories, but didn't realize it until this morning when I remembered a few things that I forgot to log yesterday, good grief. Had I known that last night I would have made a better choice for dinner. I'm sort of muzzy headed lately, the snow has melted which puts leaf mold into the air and makes my sinuses double in size, ugh.

I've discovered that I do not like Stevia, I used it last night and this morning and it's awful, like "throw it out and start over without sweetener" awful. And there you have it, the opinion of a fat-chick who is NOT, and has never been, a fussy eater. That box is going in the trash where it belongs.

Anyway today promises to be pretty good. I have to go over to mom and dad's this morning and tonight I have a long brisk walk planned with my work out partner, but nothing crazy. Maybe I'll get another coat of paint on the rabbit cage this afternoon.

Alright Terri, are you making some headway in the exercise department? Because by this time tomorrow I'll be to 3 hours 15 minutes, possibly more. So drag your butt off the couch, or you and BF will be in Drag and posted forever on the internet. Although if you don't make it, I'm going to be mighty amused by a short Larry the Cable guy standing arm in arm with a rather tall Mimi.

Darlene, oh my goodness what a sweet little ball of fluff!!! Makes me want a puppy in the worst way. Although I have to say she still looks like a polar bear cub, and I love the name Kaya.

Sorry about your computer issues xyzst, that sucks big time. We seem to have our share too, mostly because DH is an IT guy at his office. We have some insane protection software, that I think causes more problems than it prevents.

Mike, great job at the gym!!! 245 is about what the 2 youngest DD's and I weigh together. Pretty amazing. So when you can't get to the gym you should just get all the kiddos to climb on your back for a pony ride. That would be hilarious.

Hey Mern, good morning to you. I'm thinking about trying one of your muffin recipes today. I went to the health food store yesterday to pick up some garbanzo bean flour and saw "black bean flour" right next to it and thought of you.

Quinn, when I was in college my best friend and I used to drive through McD's to get the cheeseburger happy meal, because it was cheap and silly (sort of like us). We had a whole collection of toys, mine were lined up on the top edge of my drafting board. The toys are long gone now but I still keep my embroidery floss in a plastic happy meal bucket shaped like a pumpkin.

Kay_in_PA 01-31-2012 11:14 PM

Darlene,

Your puppy is just too cute. I have a dog that the vet thinks is an Eskimo/Border Collie or Australian Shepard mix. He was about 2 when we rescued him, and I've always wished I could have seen what he would have looked like as a puppy. I told my kids that I wouldn't put him in clothes, but my daughter is always feeling the need to tie a bandana around his neck, and he hates the rain so I gave in got him a rain poncho. Not proud of that, but I've successfully avoided buying any kind of Halloween costumes.

zyxst 01-31-2012 11:43 PM

Stupid 4648734954 machine rebooted int the middle og this post!

sorry fopry tupos but this is total baloney. I lost everythi ngi'd inputted today becaue it rebooted without warning.

\I HATE LAPTOPS!

dcon't look form eon here anymore. i can;t deal with this tiny keyboard and worthless crqp. sorry. bye and thanks for all the dupport.

Mern 02-01-2012 12:04 AM

Crashed and burned yesterday on cinnamon rolls, chicken pot pie and granola bars. I didn't fight the temptation--it was a choice. I knew at the time I'd have to pay for that choice with a gain or a stall and that it won't do my Feb. 22 blood sugar test any good. Don't need a pep talk. I'm OK. Not going to even try to figure the numbers. Just posting this for accountability.

Calorie limit 1600 daily 1571, Guessing around 2200
Net carbs limit 25g daily 22.3g, Don't know--way up there
Fiber target 25g average 33g, Likely not enough
Protein target 120g average 121g, Maybe 80g
Saturated fat average 12% or less 11%, Don't know
Cholesterol average 300mg or less 171mg, I'm sure that one was "green."

Veggies/fruit 5 servings per day YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES
Water 60 oz. YES, NO

Blessing: today is a new day. :)

Mern 02-01-2012 12:40 AM

Zyxst, so sorry to see you go! Know that we're here for you if you can find your way back. Big hug to you.

kimbur96 02-01-2012 12:52 AM

Monday I was exhausted. Tuesday was better i got some sleep and actually had an okay day. I got to the gym and eat pretty good. Last week I was officially down a 1 pound woohoo!! My goal is 1 per week. so far so good.

Health
1) calorie 1600 or less per day M-YT-Y
2) 64oz water or moreM-YT-Y
3) 5 x cardioM-NT-Y
4) 5 x weightsM-NT-Y
5) eat more fruit and vegetablesM-yT-Y

Life
1) Be positive in my outlook M-y/n?T-soso
2) start a packing list for next weeks tripM-NT-N
3) balance the checkbookM-NT-N
But i did get all my paperwork caught up for work so that's a plus.

Darlene that puppy is sooo cute.

Mern we all have our days when we fall down. Picking ourselves up and getting back on track is key. Good for you for being honest about it.

Almeeker yesterday doesn't look like a complete failure. I see lots of greening with the red.

Tori Wow blast from the past with that song. I actually owned the cassette tape i believe. lol

Mike congrats on the PR for bench press. very nice.

ok gotta rung et ready for work and another day.

Hope you all have a good one

Mern 02-01-2012 01:23 AM

Just got a call from my eye doctor saying my vision field test came out great--no further vision loss from glaucoma in the past year. My glaucoma is well under control so I don't have to go back for 6 months. :)

Amy, although the technician who tested my eye fluid pressure credited my increased omega-3 and exercise with my decrease in fluid pressure, the eye doctor said there is not significant scientific evidence to prove it helps. But she agrees omega-3 can be of great benefit for dry eye syndrome, cholesterol, joints, etc. She gave me the caution on not taking 4000mg without family doctor/primary care physician consent and I told her I already knew that and my family doctor approved of that for me back in September.