FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6514-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-01-30-12-a.html)

ToriD1012 01-29-2012 11:04 PM

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

So, I'm not as motivated as last Monday, but motivated none the less. I woke up this morning at 211.4, which is 4.2 lbs smaller than last Monday. WOOHOOO!!

Gonna keep my goals the same. Will post them a little later, for now I've gotta get to work.

Ladies, here's hoping to another great week. (and I promise I'll do my part to not hijack the thread this week with silly bets and such. don't know if Mike will or not ;):D )

Have a great Monday everyone!!!

Kay_in_PA 01-29-2012 11:25 PM

According to my scale, I managed to gain a pound rather than lose a pound last week. I'm not too discouraged though because I'm wearing a skirt I've never been able to wear before. It is one of those things that was a bargain so I bought it even though it was a little too snug figuring it would fit soon enough. Unfortunately, the scale was moving in the wrong direction and I never wore it until today. So yeah, the scale doesn't tell the whole story especially when it is that TOTM.

I'm keeping my goals pretty much the same. Last week I didn't get my miles in, and I only managed one kettlebell session, so I'm really going to focus on getting it all in this week.

My goals:
-Keep carbs, fat and protein at 40/30/30.

-Plan and prepare ahead so I don't come home at 5:00 having no idea what I'm doing for dinner.

-Get weight below 150.

-Walk 20 miles on the treadmill.

-Strength train with kettlebells at least 2x

Hope everyone's week will get off to a good start.

almeeker 01-29-2012 11:29 PM

Good morning Ladies and Mike. I'm not feeling terribly energetic this morning but I did make it out of bed at 5:00am and did a tiny morning workout, only 15 minutes, but it's better than nothing. Last week Quin said she's having to ease back onto the wagon in baby steps, which sounded like a plausible plan for me as well. I didn't worry about getting too much time in this morning since the kids are in the pool tonight and I can easily workout for 90 minutes, possibly 2.5 hours if I don't get distracted or pulled into a "Swim Mom chit chat session". Don't get me wrong, they are a nice bunch of ladies, but when they sit around complaining about their health (which they will), it's all I can do not to shout, "Well get off your whiny butt and DO something about it!". Which might just get me lynched. Anyway on to some goals.

Health:

1. Calories 1,400 M-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S.
2. Water 100 oz daily.
3. Calorie deficit 5,000.
4. Protein 25% or higher.
5. Workout 6 hours.
7. Steps on the pedometer 10,000 daily.
8. Log and report in daily INCLUDING WEEKENDS.
9. Take measurements on 2/1/12.

Other Stuff:

1. Call mom about babysitting Friday night.
2. Housework 30 minutes daily + 1 load of laundry.
3. Finish rabbit cage and start 2 more.
4. Plan Girl Scout calendar for February.
5. Order GS badges.
6. Keep spending to a min.
7. Send in prescriptions.

It's a long list, but most of it can be done quickly, right? Good luck everybody. And BTW, we do infect each other, I'm sure of it. Mike gave me his PITA. Although I might have his PITA because I've been such an exercise slacker lately. Well I've gotta go, it's time for drop off.

almeeker 01-29-2012 11:32 PM

Oh and Tori, I totally don't mind if you hijack the thread to harass Mike. It's actually pretty amusing. And did I mention last week that your before/during pics are AWESOME, well the second pic is awesome, the first pic is clearly your fat older sister lol. Good job lady, keep it up!!!

zyxst 01-29-2012 11:57 PM

My goals for this week:

-1600 cals
-2 fruits and 2 veggies daily
-5x exercise
-20 squats daily (or until my knee gives out)
-eat more protein

Other goals:
-clean shower
-buy food scale

Starting weight is 285.

I'm not sick anymore, though hubby is down with bad sinus congestion. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for walkies.

ToriD1012 01-30-2012 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 70872)
Oh and Tori, I totally don't mind if you hijack the thread to harass Mike. It's actually pretty amusing. And did I mention last week that your before/during pics are AWESOME, well the second pic is awesome, the first pic is clearly your fat older sister lol. Good job lady, keep it up!!!

Yeah I think you mentioned it, but thanks again!! I posted the same pics to facebook and one of the guys here at work mentioned it already this morning. He said "that first pic was really really old, right?" When I told him that it was just this past summer he was shocked. And now he's been calling me The Incredible Shrinking Woman. I'll take that name over some of the other things I've been called LOL. Gonna get back to work and actually be productive. Catch up with you all later

jbuschur 01-30-2012 01:29 AM

Tori! 4.2 lbs in a week is amazing! You are truly an inspiration!

Julie

jbuschur 01-30-2012 01:32 AM

Kay, you are so right that the scale doesn't tell the whole story, how your clothes fit is so important too as well as how you feel overall. You are doing great!

Julie

jbuschur 01-30-2012 01:36 AM

Almeeker, these look like great goals, how do you get 10000 steps?? Do you have a job where you get to move around alot? I have been wearing my pedometer every day for a couple weeks now, and I'm not even close, even on treadmill days! Good luck tonight avoiding the chit chatters!

Julie

jbuschur 01-30-2012 01:37 AM

xyxst, nice goals for the week! Good luck with the squats, they are soooo hard for me, not the down part, just the up part! :)

Julie

jbuschur 01-30-2012 01:42 AM

This week's goals

Good morning everyone! Here's to having another great week,

My goals,

1200-1400 cals
80 oz water
Treadmill T-Th-Sat
5000 steps on non TM days
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.
Post here every day

Have a great Monday everyone! If that is even possible, if you work 7 seven days a week, should Monday still be this bad? So far, yes.

Julie

fit4luv 01-30-2012 01:46 AM

Looking to a Fresh New Week*~*

Tori ~ Yay!!! Way to go on more lbs gone.http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/rulez/t2036.gif

Kay ~ Great going on your attitude! We need to keep that scale "needle" in perspective & you're doing wonderful in that department. Don't you just love it when clothes fit better?!

almeeker ~ Is there a way you can pass on the message for the chatty Swim moms to "get off their butts" with some decorum? A way to encourage them?! Don't they see what you've been doing for yourself? In other words, I think you'd be a great Health Ambassador.

zyxst ~ Glad your sickness is gone & hope all soon become well in your household. Enjoy your walks this week!

.................................................. .....
FitDay Challenge
Daily = x6 wkly
FIT=Focus, Intake, Train. . . . DAY=Dazzle, Administrate, Yard

FIT
FOCUS {1}
*Audio Bible (10 Chapt.) -

INTAKE {2}
*Veg (4 servings Low Carb daily) =
*Water (32 oz daily)

TRAIN {2} Watching weak Back
*Aerobic (150") =
*Pedometer (12 mile) =
*Tone = ON HOLD 'til back is better.

DAY - wkly
DAZZLE *Clean/Declutter (FlyLady Zones - 1' 15")

ADMINISTRATE *Paper Trail (25")

YARD *Clean/Declutter (20")
.................................................. ..................

This morning I'm now 211 lbs even! That's total of 9 lbs, but I plan to lock in 10 lb loss when I maintain 209 lb and lower. I'm looking at breaking the 210 lb barrier.
.................................................. .......................

ETA:
Julie ~ Awwww . .. sounds like it's a bit tough for you right now. http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/val/t5439.gif
Can you do something simple, but special for yourself today? Please take care.

bojibridge 01-30-2012 01:54 AM

Tori - you go, girl! I'd take that nickname any day of the week :D

So, last week was kind of a bust for me - let's just say there was a lot of alcohol involved, and possibly way too much Denny's food in one sitting than should ever be allowed. Anyway, I'm working on getting back on track... I'm kind of having a tough start to the semester - I'm not really enjoying my classes, I dread doing the homework, and just feeling generally uninspired. It makes it difficult to be excited about thing in general, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I need to find a way to make it work for me, instead of put me in a funk where I don't work out and go out drinking, ha.

So, here's to a good week!

quinnesec 01-30-2012 02:13 AM

I'm in for another week. My eating habits were pretty sloppy this weekend, so I'm glad to have a fresh start. It's going to be another busy week, so I'll have to do some planning. Got on the scale this morning and I still have the exact 5 pounds to lose that I did a month ago. Time to get my head fully back in the game.

This week's goals:

1. Calories under 1200, no excuses, busy or not.
2. Drink a minimum of 80 oz. per day.
3. No bread, butter, cheese M-F.
4. 3 fruits and veggies daily.
5. Multi-vitamin daily.

cjohnson728 01-30-2012 02:21 AM

Good morning, everyone! Glad to see you all. Even if we're all not fired up, gung-ho, let's motivate each other and get the momentum going :).

I started off my Monday sitting in school traffic, then taking 2/3 of my cat population to the vet. Good times.

Anyway, similar goals. I'm going to shoot for an all-green week like my friend Mern, here! Mern, where you be?

1. Calories capped at 1300.
2. Log everything and post daily.
3. Weigh daily, beginning Tuesday (forgot this AM).
4. Drink 2 sports bottles of water (not tea, not vitamin water...water)
5. Take vitamins, calcium, and fish oil.
6. Exercise 6 times.
7. In bed by midnight weeknights, 1 on weekends.

8. Reconnect with friend who moved to NY.
9. Write out card for pediatrician.
10. Clean out car.
11. Be patient; be kind (I usually don't need to be reminded, but have unusual stressors this week!.

Here's hoping for a great week for all of us!

taubele 01-30-2012 02:55 AM

Guys, I totally suck. I'm sorry I disappeared this weekend :( I find I've been sleeping way later than normal on the weekends, and I think it's a symptom of my stress. I'm feeling really calm this morning, though, so I'm hoping it's a good sign that I've finally accepted that I just need to wait and focus on my life right now, and the future will be what it will be. I hope, anyway. I still get nervous checking my e-mail, but it passes.

Another reason for my disappearing is that BF gets a little clingy on the weekends. I think he misses me during the week when he's stuck bumming around the house or going on short errands rather than working, so when I'm home, he sort of sticks to me like glue. I don't like him looking over my shoulder if I post here, and that's another issue I need to speak with him about. It should be an easy conversation, I'm always just bad at initiating talking about things I need. Bah.

Also, I beg and plead with you all -- KICK MY BUTT this week if I don't exercise. I am being so lazy and full of excuses that I'm a little ashamed of myself. The worst thing is, I'm losing! (158.9 for me this morning, a new low) so I'm not even getting the nudge from a scale from being stuck, haha! I'm bolding that goal, as it's my number one must-do goal this week.

Also. I'm less than ten lbs. from a healthy BMI. Holy crap.

Tori -- Congrats on the 4.2 lbs., woooohoooo!!!!

Kay -- You're so right, the scale isn't the only measurement to go by. Clothes fitting better is EVEN MORE rewarding than the number for me, so go on and rock that skirt!

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals

1) Keep calories between 1200 and 1500. No single day over 1600. Weekly average around 1300.
2) Exercise 3 times this week.
3) Calorie deficit of 5000 calories
4) Water between 64-80 oz. daily. More is better
5) Protein between 25-30% average for the week.
6) No more than 2 lunches and 1 dinner out for the week
7) In bed by 11:30 every night
8) Weigh in Monday and Friday and post weight here M: 158.9
9) Cook one new recipe this week

Other Life Goals

1) Clean one room every day, no excuses
2) Call my grandmother
3) Clean out the car
4) Write something wonderful that happened to ME every day (I tend to report things happening to others, haha!)
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day!

01gt4.6 01-30-2012 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 70868)
Ladies, here's hoping to another great week. (and I promise I'll do my part to not hijack the thread this week with silly bets and such. don't know if Mike will or not ;):D )

Congrats on the loss! Yeah, it's funny how the bets always seem silly when you're on the losing end of it!:eek:

My scale is screwed up. Last night I had a feeding frenzy. I got in the scale this morning and it said 183.2, got off and right back on and it said 184.6, and again... 184.6. So looks like I finished the week up .6

I'm in, I may do the same goals as last week, not sure yet.

Terri, Good morning doll face. Is there something missing from your goals? :confused:

taubele 01-30-2012 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 70907)
Congrats on the loss! Yeah, it's funny how the bets always seem silly when you're on the losing end of it!:eek:

My scale is screwed up. Last night I had a feeding frenzy. I got in the scale this morning and it said 183.2, got off and right back on and it said 184.6, and again... 184.6. So looks like I finished the week up .6

I'm in, I may do the same goals as last week, not sure yet.

Terri, Good morning doll face. Is there something missing from your goals? :confused:

There is!!! I will go add it right now! :eek:

01gt4.6 01-30-2012 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by taubele (Post 70908)
There is!!! I will go add it right now! :eek:

:D Just when you thought I wasn't paying attention to you. ;)

Luv, I haven't had any back surgery yet, just been getting epidurals.

ToriD1012 01-30-2012 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 70907)

I haven't lost any bets. As far as I know the only actual bet I've made is for Mardi Gras.

And maybe if you'd stop with the feeding frenzies the scale would go in the right direction. Just sayin':p

AND it looks like someone else needs their ass kicked into gear. Pick on her this week :);)

01gt4.6 01-30-2012 03:40 AM

My attempt to say something about everyone so far. I'm about to get super busy, so I'm trying to squeeze this in now.

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA (Post 70870)
According to my scale, I managed to gain a pound rather than lose a pound last week. I'm not too discouraged though because I'm wearing a skirt I've never been able to wear before. It is one of those things that was a bargain so I bought it even though it was a little too snug figuring it would fit soon enough. Unfortunately, the scale was moving in the wrong direction and I never wore it until today. So yeah, the scale doesn't tell the whole story especially when it is that TOTM.

I'm keeping my goals pretty much the same. Last week I didn't get my miles in, and I only managed one kettlebell session, so I'm really going to focus on getting it all in this week.

My goals:
-Keep carbs, fat and protein at 40/30/30.

-Plan and prepare ahead so I don't come home at 5:00 having no idea what I'm doing for dinner.

-Get weight below 150.

-Walk 20 miles on the treadmill.

-Strength train with kettlebells at least 2x

Hope everyone's week will get off to a good start.

Congrats on the skirt. More power to you for doing 20 miles on the dreadmill. I find the road so much easier. This week you WILL get in your miles! Planning ahead is key, when I don't plan, I fall flat on my face... well gut.

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 70871)
Don't get me wrong, they are a nice bunch of ladies, but when they sit around complaining about their health (which they will), it's all I can do not to shout, "Well get off your whiny butt and DO something about it!".

Preach on sister!!! Nice list of goals... and don't blame me for your PITA.

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 70872)

I can take being harassed... but I can dish it as well.

Originally Posted by zyxst (Post 70874)
My goals for this week:

-1600 cals
-2 fruits and 2 veggies daily
-5x exercise
-20 squats daily (or until my knee gives out)
-eat more protein

Other goals:
-clean shower
-buy food scale

Starting weight is 285.

I'm not sick anymore, though hubby is down with bad sinus congestion. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for walkies.

I'm a huge fan of squats but take it easy on your knee.

Originally Posted by jbuschur (Post 70881)
Tori! 4.2 lbs in a week is amazing! You are truly an inspiration!

Julie

Julie, please don't swell her head any more than it is.

Originally Posted by jbuschur (Post 70887)
Good morning everyone! Here's to having another great week,

My goals,

1200-1400 cals
80 oz water
Treadmill T-Th-Sat
5000 steps on non TM days
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.
Post here every day

Have a great Monday everyone! If that is even possible, if you work 7 seven days a week, should Monday still be this bad? So far, yes.

Julie

Nice list of goals.

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 70888)
.................................................. .....
FitDay Challenge
Daily = x6 wkly
FIT=Focus, Intake, Train. . . . DAY=Dazzle, Administrate, Yard

FIT
FOCUS {1}
*Audio Bible (10 Chapt.) -

INTAKE {2}
*Veg (4 servings Low Carb daily) =
*Water (32 oz daily)

TRAIN {2} Watching weak Back
*Aerobic (150") =
*Pedometer (12 mile) =
*Tone = ON HOLD 'til back is better.

DAY - wkly
DAZZLE *Clean/Declutter (FlyLady Zones - 1' 15")

ADMINISTRATE *Paper Trail (25")

YARD *Clean/Declutter (20")
.................................................. ..................

This morning I'm now 211 lbs even! That's total of 9 lbs, but I plan to lock in 10 lb loss when I maintain 209 lb and lower. I'm looking at breaking the 210 lb barrier.
.................................................. .......................

congrats on being 9 pounds down! 32 oz of water a day? You can do twice that! How about 64oz?

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 70890)
Tori - you go, girl! I'd take that nickname any day of the week :D

So, last week was kind of a bust for me - let's just say there was a lot of alcohol involved, and possibly way too much Denny's food in one sitting than should ever be allowed. Anyway, I'm working on getting back on track... I'm kind of having a tough start to the semester - I'm not really enjoying my classes, I dread doing the homework, and just feeling generally uninspired. It makes it difficult to be excited about thing in general, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I need to find a way to make it work for me, instead of put me in a funk where I don't work out and go out drinking, ha.

So, here's to a good week!

Tori's head is going to explode! Good news... this is a new week!

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 70894)
I'm in for another week. My eating habits were pretty sloppy this weekend, so I'm glad to have a fresh start. It's going to be another busy week, so I'll have to do some planning. Got on the scale this morning and I still have the exact 5 pounds to lose that I did a month ago. Time to get my head fully back in the game.

This week's goals:

1. Calories under 1200, no excuses, busy or not.
2. Drink a minimum of 80 oz. per day.
3. No bread, butter, cheese M-F.
4. 3 fruits and veggies daily.
5. Multi-vitamin daily.

Focus, focus, focus! You can do it. I'm pulling for you!!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 70897)
Good morning, everyone! Glad to see you all. Even if we're all not fired up, gung-ho, let's motivate each other and get the momentum going :).

I started off my Monday sitting in school traffic, then taking 2/3 of my cat population to the vet. Good times.

Anyway, similar goals. I'm going to shoot for an all-green week like my friend Mern, here! Mern, where you be?

1. Calories capped at 1300.
2. Log everything and post daily.
3. Weigh daily, beginning Tuesday (forgot this AM).
4. Drink 2 sports bottles of water (not tea, not vitamin water...water)
5. Take vitamins, calcium, and fish oil.
6. Exercise 6 times.
7. In bed by midnight weeknights, 1 on weekends.

8. Reconnect with friend who moved to NY.
9. Write out card for pediatrician.
10. Clean out car.
11. Be patient; be kind (I usually don't need to be reminded, but have unusual stressors this week!.

Here's hoping for a great week for all of us!

Wow, you took 20 cats to the vet? I agree, lets motivate each other!

Originally Posted by taubele (Post 70905)
Also, I beg and plead with you all -- KICK MY BUTT this week if I don't exercise.
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day!

Ask and you shall receive! Congrats on the new low. I'm liking your goals now.

01gt4.6 01-30-2012 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 70915)
I haven't lost any bets. As far as I know the only actual bet I've made is for Mardi Gras.

And maybe if you'd stop with the feeding frenzies the scale would go in the right direction. Just sayin':p

AND it looks like someone else needs their ass kicked into gear. Pick on her this week :);)

You will not win the bet! As you see I can gain and lose like nobodies business. All I need to do, right before we do our weigh in is eat some salty/spicy crawfish and I'll gain 5 pounds of water weight for the weigh in. Then the weight will fall off for the next weigh in. YOU ARE GOING DOWN!:eek:

01gt4.6 01-30-2012 03:47 AM

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...t46/3count.jpg
Health and Fitness

1. Lose 3 pounds: (starting at 184.6)
2. Calorie deficient of 3k:
3. Workout 3 times:
4. Walk 3 times for at least 3 miles each:
5. 3 servings of fruit and veggies:
6. Drink 3 liters of water:
7. Fish oil 3 times per day:

Non Health and Fitness
8. Write 3 policies:
9. 3 Random acts of kindness:

taubele 01-30-2012 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 70916)

Ask and you shall receive! Congrats on the new low. I'm liking your goals now.

Bring it! I can take getting picked on, I need it. Not ashamed to admit when I need the accountability. I'm getting too 'content' if that's a word that makes sense.

If I know me, it pretty much means I MUST work out tonight. It seems like if my Monday goes well, the rest of my week goes well. If it goes badly, I fall right down and do the bare minimum/health habits. So I need the butt-kicking today!!

ToriD1012 01-30-2012 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 70919)
You will not win the bet! As you see I can gain and lose like nobodies business. All I need to do, right before we do our weigh in is eat some salty/spicy crawfish and I'll gain 5 pounds of water weight for the weigh in. Then the weight will fall off for the next weigh in. YOU ARE GOING DOWN!:eek:

you gotta remember though, I don't actually have to LOSE any weight, just maintain.....

01gt4.6 01-30-2012 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 70924)
you gotta remember though, I don't actually have to LOSE any weight, just maintain.....

Yeah we still have to hash everything out on this.

ToriD1012 01-30-2012 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 70928)
Yeah we still have to hash everything out on this.

Hey, that was your doing not mine. I was prepared to actually try and lose. I believe you said something like "I want her to enjoy herself". But yeah we gotta settle it, but we gotta a couple of weeks

Lizards13 01-30-2012 06:43 AM

Im in for another round of getting healthy.
Goals this week are pretty much the same only this time I'm gonna stick to them.:rolleyes:

1. Stay under 1250 cals
2. Exercise at least 5 times per week for at least 30 mins each time
3. Eat less processed foods, cook more from scratch.
4. Try a new healthy food this week.

General

1. Continue with my TEFL course
2. Finish organising holidays
3. Look for a small Valentine's present for BF
4. Look at flooring for hall and kitchen
5. Take large amount of bottles to the bottle bank.

Managed to lose 1.5lbs last week but I have the same again to go before I hit my lowest pre-Christmas weight. Moving in the right direction though.

RunbikeSki 01-30-2012 06:56 AM

'morning all
I see Tori and Mike are back at it:p. I dont' mind the hyjack, it kept me giggling all weekend. But I did spend so much time reading the posts that I ran out of time to actually post myself - but I am sure you all knew I was there cheering you on.

Julie, how great to do a little closet shopping. Yup, the scale is just a number, fitting into clothes you thought were too small... priceless.

zyxst, I agree w/Mike... love squats (well kinda a love/hate thing). Take care of the knees though. Make sure that as you squat that your knees do not go too forward of you ankles.

Tori, 4.2lbs - awesome and dang inspirational :D. I have no idea where the bet w/Mike leftoff BTW.

Julie, do take care of yourself. A little overboard, or off the wagon ain't gonna hurt, but don't let it snowball, girl.

Fit, make sure you hit those exercise goals this week. I am willing to bet (no I will not get into Tori and Mike's game) that a little extra effort on the fitness front will get you past that 210 barrier this week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Joanna, sorry about your classes. Some terms are like that. But do your best to avoid wasting time dreading the assignments and just jump in and "git er done". You will have to do them whether you dread them or not. No use wasting precious energy (that could be applied at the gym :rolleyes:) trying to avoid them.

Quinn, quinn, quinn. What are we going to do with you? One of the most disciplined, experienced, and wise women here and you are still battling those 5 lbs. Maybe they have just moved in permanently :D. Nope, I'm guessing they will be escorted out the door shortly.

CJ, ah the fun, joy, and excitement of taking the kitties to the vet. I hope your's are pretty mellow, or at least you have your kevlar gloves on.

Terri, consider this a swift kick in your ever shrinking butt. NOW is the time you need to get your sweat on - more than ever. I mean, you don't even have the weather excuse most of the other ladies have. At least drag the BF out for a long walk this evening - it'll do both of you good.

and dear Mike, How are you going to top last week's work productivity? Get your head back in the eating/fitness game. Up 0.6 lb is really just variability noise. But since I've seen you drop 3 (or more) pounds in a week... let's see you do it again..

And me? taper week before my 1/2 marathon on Sat. I took a look at the weather at it should be perfect highs in the 60s and calm winds. I am stoked. So I'm not going to post any goals this week. Just keep the calories under control, avoid but not totally eliminate white foods, and keep the pie chart balanced. Pretty much all of my house/home/ work goals over the last few weeks have been accomplished including the last edits on the manuscript I am working on. And I am pretty sure that I will not feel up for anything more strenuous after the race than climbing into the hot tub .

01gt4.6 01-30-2012 07:04 AM

Um Pam, the 1/2 is Saturday, which is this weeks, so why no goals? How about one simple goal, a time goal for the race?

dar n 01-30-2012 07:20 AM

Tori Congrats on another great week of weight loss. I don’t mind the back and forth with Mike it makes me chuckle and kept me walking all week, so bicker away.

Kay I am excited for you I love being able to notice my successes in my clothes also and I agree the scale doesn’t always tell the whole story. You kicked everyone’s butt on walking miles last week it’s probably a pound of muscle and muscle always looks nicer in clothes so be happy about your new muscle.:)

Amy If anyone can tackle a long list of goals its you. I think 15min of exercise at 5am is very impressive the only exercise I get within an hour of waking up is my coffee to my mouth and a shower. Lol at the swim moms just so you know gymnastics moms are the same. One of my favorite convo’s was the diet our kids had to have when they became higher level competitive and were training 20+ hrs a week and how awful it was for some of these moms and I was excited as it was the catalyst for change in my life and I would say positive things and get dirty looks.:rolleyes:

Xyxst Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Julie Lol at the squats being difficult on the up part, I agree.

Fit4luv You are doing great I am sure that pound will fly off this week, keep up the great work.

Joanna Alcohol and Denny’s oh my you would think you were a college student, lol. I am sure this week will be better for you.

Quinn Wishing you a successful week. Have you heard anything yet on all your dd college/scholarship aps?

Terri You do not suck, we were just talking about how the weekend is harder for most of us, myself included. Good job on a new scale low, only 10lbs to go that’s awesome maybe that can be your motivator.

Cassie I really did well last week because of everyone’s motivation I agree we don’t need to be on fire just encouraging each other to do our best every day and that will light the fire.

Mike I like that you are carrying on the sesame street theme.

Lizzie Way to go on 1.5lbs down.

Pam I think running a half marathon on Saturday is a spectacular goal for the week I hope one day to be that fit.

I started the day smiling the 5lbs I lost last week stuck through the weekend and I can happily wave goodbye to all the Christmas weight.:D I need to get as committed with my plan as possible my weight goal graph has me sitting 4lbs higher then I should be to hit my goal at the end of March. I am not hiking today as my friend had to work but we will go tomorrow so I will try to get some treadmill time in later today. I am thinking about cancelling my gym membership I just don’t seem to be using it at all the last couple months but then I wonder if its just a phase and next month I will again, do you guys flip flop on your exercise type or are you consistent? Have a great Monday.:)

RunbikeSki 01-30-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 70945)
Um Pam, the 1/2 is Saturday, which is this weeks, so why no goals? How about one simple goal, a time goal for the race?

OK:
Goal:
Run 1/2 marathon in 2:05 or better

Happy now :D

almeeker 01-30-2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by jbuschur (Post 70884)
Almeeker, these look like great goals, how do you get 10000 steps?? Do you have a job where you get to move around alot? I have been wearing my pedometer every day for a couple weeks now, and I'm not even close, even on treadmill days! Good luck tonight avoiding the chit chatters!

Julie

In an average day I put 6,000-8,000 on my ped without trying, I'm a SAHM so yes you could say I have a job where I'm on my feet all day, but it varies. If I put a little effort into a workout, especially a cardio workout, I get to 10,000 easily enough, but I do have to put in extra effort to make it happen every day. I'm also short, so my DH says that I get to 10,000 faster than most because I flat out have to take more steps to get there lol.

almeeker 01-30-2012 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 70888)
almeeker ~ Is there a way you can pass on the message for the chatty Swim moms to "get off their butts" with some decorum? A way to encourage them?! Don't they see what you've been doing for yourself? In other words, I think you'd be a great Health Ambassador.

LOL, well thank you, "Health Ambassador" I like it! I've gotten a couple of them up and moving, it's a work in progress. There have been a few that worked out once, over did things and were in pain for several days after and have never been back. They didn't workout with me though, I would have started them off more slowly.

Seriously, the pool is in the SAME BUILDING as the weight room, it's up a single flight of stairs, it's got EVERYTHING, it's never packed, parents of athletes can get a cheapy workout punch card for $25, gets you 20 visits. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

almeeker 01-30-2012 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 70946)
Amy If anyone can tackle a long list of goals its you. I think 15min of exercise at 5am is very impressive the only exercise I get within an hour of waking up is my coffee to my mouth and a shower. Lol at the swim moms just so you know gymnastics moms are the same. One of my favorite convo’s was the diet our kids had to have when they became higher level competitive and were training 20+ hrs a week and how awful it was for some of these moms and I was excited as it was the catalyst for change in my life and I would say positive things and get dirty looks.:rolleyes:

LOL, I'll bet you got dirty looks. Our oldest used to have food allergies, I got a lot of dirty "you must be joking" looks then too. Imagine sending home a letter with the entire pre-school student body trying to explain about gluten contamination and how they might be helpful when it came to snacks and treats (she could eat any sort of fresh fruit hint hint), yep lead balloon city.

01gt4.6 01-30-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 70961)
OK:
Goal:
Run 1/2 marathon in 2:05 or better

Happy now :D

:eek::eek: Heck yeah, that is awesome. I'd be happy if I could get under 3:00. I'm kneeling in gravel bowing down!!

I actually had my chest poked out and I was strutting around the other day when I did 10 miles just over 2 hours. Ha! What was I thinking?

ToriD1012 01-30-2012 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 70972)
I actually had my chest poked out and I was strutting around the other day when I did 10 miles just over 2 hours. Ha! What was I thinking?

yeah, you were parading around like a proud peacock.....;):p;):D

ToriD1012 01-30-2012 10:57 AM

I just got through with dinner and have left myself with enough room to have a snack later if I want one. It was another Hungry Monday. Well, technically it was Hungry Sunday Night/Monday. I got out of bed around 2 (notice I said got out, not woke up) and had a very very late night snack. It was only 40 calories, but still probably could have done without it. That didn't settle the hunger so I forced myself to consume a bottle of water and went back to bed a little better but still craving. (damn TOTM) Woke up this morning no better than when I fell asleep. STARVING and not being able to eat for an hour after my meds. It was a miserable drive to work. But now, not hungry at all. I had to force myself to eat dinner. I'm skipping my workout and walk tonight. I just haven't the energy. Besides, I'm thinking I should skip the walk tonight anway seeing as how I dislocated my knee last night. I'm pretty sure I made this face :eek: when it happened. And then I let loose with some choice words. It hurts like the dickens today too!

Mike, I may need you to push me into those walks again this week. Seems like I do better that way. (I can not believe I just asked him to harass me again.....I don't learn)

I think I'm actually gonna go watch some TV. Something I haven't done in a about a week. I'm back logged on taped shows. Have a good night everyone!!

quinnesec 01-30-2012 11:55 AM

Had a great day food-wise, although my calories were low due to working straight through lunch. Thanks for all of the encouragement, everyone. But, I think Mike wins the prize for hitting it on the head... I'm just not focusing! My mind is being torn in 100 different directions and I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything on my plate since the first of the year. I get busy trying to get everything done. Then, before I know it, it's supper time and I make something quick and easy and not so healthy. It's been really stressful, too, which isn't an excuse. I just have to buckle in and pay more attention to health issues.

On a positive note, for the first time in my life, my weight is staying in the +5 range and not the +25 range, which is where it always use to go really quickly when I stopped paying attention. So, maybe something permanent is changing after all! :)

I apologize for not being more active in encouraging you all... I swear SOON I will be caught up with life's juggling act. Right now, I seem to be dropping a few plates that need to be up in the air!! ;)

Monday:

1. Calories under 1200, no excuses, busy or not. 995
2. Drink a minimum of 80 oz. per day. Yes
3. No bread, butter, cheese M-F. None
4. 3 fruits and veggies daily. 3
5. Multi-vitamin daily. Yes

RunbikeSki 01-30-2012 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 70972)
:eek::eek: Heck yeah, that is awesome. I'd be happy if I could get under 3:00. I'm kneeling in gravel bowing down!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only real difference between running 10 miles and walking 10 miles is I get it done faster. As long as you are walking at a brisk clip, we're burning close to the same number of calories per mile. And 10 miles in 2 hours is one brisk clip! Good job!