Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-28-2012, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

Mike That seems odd to me but if I start doing it you will be my hubby's new best friend he thinks everything is better with bacon.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Darlene, is he the type of guy that puts bacon on his bacon?
Old 01-28-2012, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Mike Lol I get him to eat things he doesn't like by adding bacon he dislikes asparagus but not cooked in bacon.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

He'll love this idea then... not that I'm advocating people go around eating bacon grease.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:12 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Finally the stars (actually the weather and my energy level) aligned to get trees trimmed and chipped

Fitness & diet
1. 2 liters H20, one during the day, one after M=not quite, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=Y, S=N
2. No white food M=N (rice), T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=N(a leftover potato), S=N (rice w/sushi)
3. 2 yoga sessions , W=Y, F=Y
4. 2 runs (even if they turn to walks) W=Y
5. 2 Crossfit, T=Y, Th=Y
6. Carbs less than 40%, M=N, T=Y, Th=Y, F=Y
7. 90g protein M=N, T=Y, W=N, Th=N, F=Y, S=Y
8. 1600 calories per day M=not quite, T=N (waaay over – not sure what got into me… oh yeah too much food got into me!), W=Y, Th=Y (88 over), F=N (188 over), S=Y
9. 2 fruits per day M=Y, T=Y, W= I can’t remember, Th=Y, F=Y, S=N

Home, hearth & work
. 1 random act of kindness/day M=N, quite the opposite (a non random act of kindness turned into a kerfuffle), T=Y, W=Y(most definitely), Th=Y, F=N, S=N
11.Trim trees and chip S=Y (finally!)
12. Finish edits on manuscript M=in progress, T=N (lab stuff), W=N , Th=N, F=N, S=N

I really do need to finish that paper.... maybe next week

nite...nite everyone
Old 01-29-2012, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
My rant for the week.

I was heading back from my 5.57 mile walk with Chloe' and I had to pee soooo much it was killing me. I found a little dark spot to duck in to and I started to pee. I had the leash around my wrist. For some crazy reason Chloe' went to walk off and the leash pulled my hand and I ended up pissing all over my shoe! I ended up having to finish my walk with a pissy foot!
LOL, sorry dude, but it made me laugh. At least your pee shoes have your own pee in them, it could have been worse, just ask Tori.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
That's been my problem! I can't get my butt outside on the trails this year. Last year at this time, I was out every day. I just have to pull up my big girl panties and bundle up, that's all!

Winters can be a little hazardous up here. There have been times that I've been doing dishes and run quickly out to the garage with damp hands to take the garbage out and freeze my fingers to the door knob...
If it's that cold, maybe you need to focus on pulling up your big girl long johns, panties aren't going to do the job at all.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

you all are some prolific posters. it's going to to take me a while to catch up. I feel like I Love Lucy in the episode where she works at the candy factory and the candies are flying by here faster than she can deal with them..lol. But I'll try to catch up.

I didn't post friday night. too tired.
Fitness/health
1) Drink more waterM a little better T-Y 50 oz W-Y TH-yF-Y
2) weight training 5 x week M yesT-n W-Y TH-YF-Y
3) cardio 5-7 week M yesT-n W-Y TH-Y F-Y
4) 1500 calorie maxM N 1550 T-y 960 W-1289 TH-1494F 1250

Life
1) Positive affirmations and attitude i.e. i want to go to the gym not i have toM yesT-y W-Y TH-YF-Y
2) actually go to my root canal scheduled for tomorrow2pm Done
3) keep up with the daily paperwork from my jobM yesT-yNights not over yet but it doesn't look good for today so ill call this a N N N
4) wash the carM noT-n W-N TH-N F-n

And then there was saturday...TOTAL crash and burn. I had dropped 2# over the course of the week. Saturday I planned to dive but we got out on the ocean and it just was a mess. What should have been 4 hours turned into six and we came back in and had pizza. So no gym, no diet, no water and this morning those 2# are back I know it's probably water retention from the salt and lack of water but still....ick. Today Sunday I must make up for it. Get to the gym for #5 of the week, drink plenty of water today to flush my system and eat clean. Oh and wash the car.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
he thinks everything is better with bacon.
everything's NOT better with bacon??? this is news to me

My Nannie was also a bacon grease collector. Actually, she was an any type of grease collector. She had a coffee can full of it sitting beside her stove for as long as I can remember. I'm not real sure if the can ever changed, always looked the same to me. When I ask her about it she said that when she and my Pop had first gotten married times were so tough that they couldn't afford to keep buying oils or lard, so she started reusing. And just never stopped. If she had fried chicken, after she was through frying she would strain out the reminents over the can. That way all that was left was the oil and no floating mystery ingredients. It's really nasty if you think about it
Old 01-29-2012, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
it's a lot easier to walk a dog than a cat.
That actually depends on the cat. I used to have two cats, one walked on a leash just like a dog, sniffing stuff and chasing other peoples' cats, etc. He could "heel", "sit", "shake" and "stay" on command, although he never got "bark" down pat. The other cat liked to go for a walk too, but insisted on riding across my shoulders. Thankfully she wasn't a bobcat or a puma, just a 10lb, lazy, long haired, brown striped, tabby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.