Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Pam, that's crazy. Did you question her about it?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

So need to get some more mile done tonight, but then again I could always walk tomorrow. It's not supposed to rain until next week, so I'll just wait. For now I'm gonna enjoy some time with the nieces and nephew. SIL's bday was yesterday. (oops I forgot)
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So need to get some more mile done tonight, but then again I could always walk tomorrow. It's not supposed to rain until next week, so I'll just wait. For now I'm gonna enjoy some time with the nieces and nephew. SIL's bday was yesterday. (oops I forgot)
Tori, get off your ass and go walk! How's that? I just got in, I'll do 3 miles today if you do 2, deal?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Another productive day... just wish that I had more time to get in a hike since the weather was really nice for this time of year. Maybe tomorrow afternoon, I'll treat myself to a nice, long trail hike. Taxes are done for another year... in fact two sets, ours and daughters.

1. Calories at or below 1200. 1325, 1154, 1189
2. 80 oz of fluids, minimum. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Limit bread. 2, 2, 0
5. MINIMUM 3 fruits and veggies a day. 4, 3, 3

A pretty good week food-wise. Sure hope that I can hold it together this weekend!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Pam, that's crazy. Did you question her about it?
Yes I did, or actually I went through my regular Dr. She had someone else read it who also said it was fine. What I don't know is if I am still on record as having inplants . Don't know that it makes any difference other than getting yearly mammos instead of every 2 of 3 years, which is the norm w/ my HMO.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mern My yogurt is organic and contains 4 active bacteria, its funny to write that word as a good thing, so that’s good news I can keep my yogurt. I don’t plan on doing low carb I eat a lot of raw and organic foods which I really like and work well with my lifestyle and when I was following my plan it was keeping the weight off. The problem I ran into last time the weight came back on is that you can buy organic cookies, ice cream and candy. The net carb thing is what I was really interested in and I know you keep your carbs low using that formula so thanks for sharing, it was fun to dissect my food from this week and look at it from a different point of view! Enjoy your day off.

Amy I think you should consider the opportunity your dr mentioned you have a lot of helpful info, you are motivational and every time I have a how would I make this question you have been my go to girl, so don’t sell yourself short they can hire a dietician but you are a real person living out a new healthy lifestyle with real passion.

Quinn I am 100% with you taxes make me crazy and my hubby is barely helpful so about 10 years ago I got an accountant and it was the best decision I made, now I walk in and hand him all my stuff and sign on the line it so much better. It’s not the math that frustrates me I am the number cruncher in our house but it’s not a natural thing for me I am just a better problem solver, more organized and a big picture thinker than hubby. Due to his job he writes off a ton of stuff as expenses and nothing is organized and he hands me a pile of gas receipts etc. every month and I just date and paper clip and the accountant can deal with it if not I would fight with him every month and that’s just not good for marriage. Now having said that if it wasn’t for him we would never have any fun or do anything without a schedule and I wouldn’t laugh everyday so I will take his lighthearted approach with money any day over organized receipts.

Kim Your underwater photos are amazing thanks for sharing them!

April You make a great point about health we all have a different ideal weight and body shape and we are all aiming at good health. My best friend is 5’9” and about 180lbs she plays field hockey and lifts weights and she could break me in two if she choose to and she is in amazing health according to her dr but to the skinny fashionista’s eyes she probably looks unhealthy.

Terri It has been a real insight into how stress affects me, my weight hasn’t moved in 3 weeks and as soon as my tests were good bam weight loss. I also learned to worry as a child and it’s a habit that I work very hard at overcoming I usually do ok but when it comes to my family and my health it appears old habits die hard and when I called my dad to tell him about my results the first thing he said is good I can stop worrying about it.

Mike Thanks for carrying the breast health cause, I will always be thankful to you for making me more aware!

Tori I hope you can sleep tonight there is nothing worse than staring at a ceiling when you are exhausted and your body still won’t sleep.

Julie I hope that headache leaves soon, you still had a great goal day!

Lizzie You can send your Cranachan to my house my grandma used to make it and my grandpa would only let us have a little bit because of the booze in it but now as adults we discover he just loves it and didn’t want to share.

Tracey I would mention it maybe they have no clue how loud it is on your side of the wall, I hope you have a better night sleep tonight.

Mh Sorry to hear you are struggling this week. If you are craving protein your body probably needs it so eat that steak and enjoy it. I think the outfit you described sounds nice, scarfs do wonders for softening anyone's appearance and no matter your shape skirts are always girly.

Pam Thanks for the kitty info mine are both outside a lot and they love to scratch and sharpen on a tree we have outside the back door. I checked their nails last night and they appear uniform and healthy looking so I will check now that I know it can be an issue. If I were you I would question your dr as that’s a little odd, implants should be easy to tell if someone really has them or not.

Wow I finally got to the end of the posts you ladies have been chatty today! Well I got a lesson in government insanity today. When the company I worked for went bankrupt no one was paid severance so I was owed 15 years of termination pay, there is a government program here that you can apply for reimbursement for owed monies so 3 forms and 6 weeks later I was denied than 2 months later we were asked to reapply. I had sent in a whole new set of crazy government forms in October then had to reapply for the program via email as I failed to fill out 1 in duplicate so in December I get a letter saying I was approved, nice. On Wednesday I got a check for 4 weeks severance not 15 weeks but better than nothing so because I am honest I head down to the employment insurance office to tell them what I received they say “great thanks for informing us someone will call to tell you how much you owe us because we have overpaid you since you claimed no severance”. So basically as it stands now I filled out a ridiculous amount of paperwork so one government office could give money to another government office and spent most of my afternoon waiting in government offices to learn this, ughhhh that’s all I have to say.

I hope you all have a great night, I am off to the church I will check back in later.Sorry it looks like a wrote a book today or at least a short story.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:00 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I am one pooped puppy this afternoon. All that exercise and work stuff (I had to teach a chemical hygiene training class morning) finally caught up to me. I have a seminar to go to this evening - hope I stay awake. I know the speaker a bit and it would be embarrassing to start snoring in the middle of his talk.

Assuming I get through that... DH is preparing a lovely BBQ chicken dinner. Hope I don't face plant.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, get off your ass and go walk! How's that? I just got in, I'll do 3 miles today if you do 2, deal?
uuuuhhh I do believe that I'VE already logged 5 miles this week. How many have you done so far????
Old 01-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Another productive day... just wish that I had more time to get in a hike since the weather was really nice for this time of year. Maybe tomorrow afternoon, I'll treat myself to a nice, long trail hike. Taxes are done for another year... in fact two sets, ours and daughters.

1. Calories at or below 1200. 1325, 1154, 1189
2. 80 oz of fluids, minimum. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Limit bread. 2, 2, 0
5. MINIMUM 3 fruits and veggies a day. 4, 3, 3

A pretty good week food-wise. Sure hope that I can hold it together this weekend!
Great job on everything thus far Quinn!!!

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Yes I did, or actually I went through my regular Dr. She had someone else read it who also said it was fine. What I don't know is if I am still on record as having inplants . Don't know that it makes any difference other than getting yearly mammos instead of every 2 of 3 years, which is the norm w/ my HMO.
Was your doctor pissed?

Originally Posted by dar n
Mike Thanks for carrying the breast health cause, I will always be thankful to you for making me more aware!
You don't need to thank me, I'm just glad it was only a scare. I can only imagine how much money I'd have to raise next year and how much humiliation I'd have to put myself through.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
uuuuhhh I do believe that I'VE already logged 5 miles this week. How many have you done so far????
Okay, lets say you have a 5 mile head start, wanna see who can put in more before the week is up? Are you woMAN enough??
Old 01-26-2012, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I'll tell you like I tell the guys at work (in white) mine are probably bigger!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.