Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-26-2012, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Mike, I've done 9 miles so far this week and I've been sick. Step it up!

I'm actually feeling much better now. Thanks for all the well wishes. I made it through the whole day at work, so I should be back on track which is a good thing since I'm going to a concert with my daughter tomorrow evening and I really didn't want to have to back out of it.

Today I've had the munchies and I think it is a combination of feeling better and having my appetite return (with a vengeance), and the fact that I'm PMSing at the moment. I realize I've logged miles this week, but I haven't touched my kettlebells, so that's on the agenda for this evening.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Kay, great job! I'm walking right now.

Tori, your what? Are you in or not?

My PITA is coming back. I may see if I can sweet talk my doctor into a 4th epidural. My brother is doing great from his back surgery BTW.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, your what? Are you in or not?

My PITA is coming back. I may see if I can sweet talk my doctor into a 4th epidural. My brother is doing great from his back surgery BTW.
I don't think I have to specify my what, I'm pretty sure you already know. And I'm in. Just got back from Wal-Mart and I'm strapping on the brace and lacing up my shoes now.

GGAAAHHH I hate you right about now..... It's just now started to rain, but dammit, I won't let anyone get the best of me.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Kay glad you are feeling better

Quinn you are doing great this week.

Darlene thanks for taking the time to look at my website. It is amazingly beautiful underwater. Bummer on the whole severance ordeal.

Julie hope your headache gets better.

Tracy I feel your pain about the neighbors. I have very little tolerance of people who are disrespectful about noise and the hours it occurs at.

Fitness/health
1) Drink more waterM a little better T-Y 50 oz W-Y TH-y
2) weight training 5 x week M yesT-n W-Y TH-Y
3) cardio 5-7 week M yesT-n W-Y TH-Y
4) 1500 calorie maxM N 1550 T-y 960 W-1289 TH-1494

Life
1) Positive affirmations and attitude i.e. i want to go to the gym not i have toM yesT-y W-Y TH-Y
2) actually go to my root canal scheduled for tomorrow2pm Done
3) keep up with the daily paperwork from my jobM yesT-yNights not over yet but it doesn't look good for today so ill call this a N N
4) wash the carM noT-n W-N TH-N

I read all the post and i just don't know how you all keep track of everything thats going on,lol. I had a decent day. I did manage to eat clean and get to the gym so that's good. I have stepped up the weight training at the gym and that pleases me but it means i am spending 1 1/2 hours at the gym between wts and cardio and that takes up most of my free time after work. So I am tired and wish it was the weekend already. But only one more day til the weekend. I can do one more day.

Oh one more thing. I want to get a t-shirt made that says "Real Men re-rack there weights" I'm so tired of walking up to every machine and pulling off multiple 45# plates. If your big enough to put them off your big enough to pull them off. It's very frustrating to me....rant over
Old 01-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

5.12 miles!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Awesome Mike. So happens that 512 is my lucky number.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report:

Calories 1600 daily max 1554, 1265, 1577, 1336
Sat fat average 12% of total calories max 12%, 11%, 12%, 11%
Net Carbs 25g daily max 20.8g, 23.5g, 32.2g, 25.6g-over by a piece of string cheese I had forgotten to log
Fiber average 25g 30g, 27g, 30g, 25g
Protein average 120g 133g, 131g, 151g, 135g
Cholesterol average 300mg max 208mg, 251mg, 231mg, 304mg Average 249
Fruits/Veggies 5 servings per day YES, YES, YES, YES

No cheat foods at all even if they fit into my target numbers NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE
Exercise 5 times YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off
60 oz. water YES, YES, YES, YES

Something wonderful--a very smooth day in which nothing--I mean NOTHING--went wrong.

Last edited by Mern; 01-26-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Awesome Mike. So happens that 512 is my lucky number.
I had a feeling it was.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Haven't kept up with the thread today. Will read the rest tomorrow, but here are a few replies. Going to bed early after a very nice day.

Well my day off driving and exercise turned out to be nothing actually special, but I surely did enjoy the absence of feeling rushed to get to the next place I had to be. Live-in GD helped cook dinner and we enjoyed a visit from her BF's mom and younger sister.

Amy congrats on your food report! Yeah, so you were a little over in calories yesterday BUT after Wednesday was done you had almost reached half your targetted calorie deficit! Way to go on that! Oh, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness--had to look that up. Stands to reason. Great that you could still challege DD to the dance off. Wow, the swim-a-thon sounded like a lot of fun and excitement.

Terri, BF sounds like such a loving person. I'll bet you'll be able to get through to him that this unemployment thing will pass and you two can get through this together. And he will probably be telling you the same thing about your employment future as well. You have a great idea about actually sitting down to talk about this. Heck make an appointment to do it if that's how you can get the time to do it so you have no interruptions. I'll bet afterwards it'll be much easier for the two of you to face this difficult time together. Its such a shame that your family circumstances as a child affected your adult life in such a way that you are not able to enjoy it to its fullest due to spending more time than necessary worrying. Yeah, mending someone else's broken bridges is a tough job--especially for a kid. Of course Cassie is way more versed in this topic, but as a kid with a "sucky" childhood myself, I wish adults had been more attuned to my needs and worries as well. But we have to take those lemons and make lemonade. And you will. You've got a lot of good stuff going on in your food and fitness report--even down on the scale. Wonderful! Maybe next week or this weekend you'll be able to find the time to get in a little exercise--help work out/wiggle out some tension.

Spamley, Hi! Hope you'll stick around with us. We always enjoy welcoming new members to our group.

Julie, OMG so sorry you still have a headache! I agree getting older makes it much harder to lose weight. But we can do this. You've got a lot of support here--maybe you'll catch some new ideas to try. Aw, thanks for your nice words to the group. We're so glad to have you with us.

Lizzie, I hope you can make relaxing use of the extra ME time with BF being off to Burns Night and you skipping the Saturday night meal with your unit.

Tracey, so sorry about your "sexy" neighbors ruining your sleep time! I don't think you're overreacting at all. But sadly, we have neighbors a couple houses down the street who are nuisances as are their dogs, and after I mentioned to them about the dogs it got way worse. I have no advice for you, but you have my total understanding and sympathy.

MH, sorry you're driving the struggle bus!

Last edited by Mern; 01-26-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
5.12 miles!
you just had to put in the extra 0.12 miles to pull into the lead huh???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.