FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6430-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-01-23-12-a.html)

mhibdon 01-23-2012 01:36 AM

1/23- 1/29GOALS:
1. 3L:
2. 500 Def:
3. Stretch:

Life Stuff: Was just elected an executive position in my fraternity. Might be rushing a social greek. My service sorority is having rush at the same time as my frat and Crew has practice during the same times as well. Can I please be 5 places at once?

almeeker 01-23-2012 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by mhibdon (Post 69705)
Can I please be 5 places at once?

If you can figure out how to do this, please advise, willing to pay for this info, big big bucks.

fit4luv 01-23-2012 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 69683)
Okay, I'm up early (shocker!!!!) so I figured I'd start us off this week. I'm down exactly 4 lbs. this week. **doing silent happy dance**

WooHOoooo!!!!! http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/rulez/t2037.gif

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 69686)
I'll still ALLOW myself 1600 calories, which is where I want my "lifestyle calories" (as opposed to fewer "dieting calories") and at my current weight that still gives me a daily calorie deficit of around 750 per day. BUT with protein bumped back up to 120g per day, I SHOULD see I'm eating fewer total fat calories. Maybe that'll help--we shall see.

Mern ~ I really hope this plan works for you. I've also been thinking about "lifestyle" calories. For me, I'm working out how many portions in each group & then to make sure it adds up to a good amount Kcaloric wise. Nutrition is quite a mosaic of portions, Calories & timing, isn't it?!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 69687)

Life:
1. Organize/put away items in guest room.
2. Stay on schedule with work reports.
3. Research and order faucets.
4. Write card for pediatrician.
5. Be patient, be patient, be patient.

I like the life/home goals -- I'm thinking about adding this later. You have lots of gusto!

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 69689)
INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!![/COLOR][/B]

I'm cheering you on here in conquoring your goals!!!

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA (Post 69701)
My right eye is irritated and swollen and now my throat is feeling scratching and irritated too.
I guess that means my number one goal this week is to not get sick!

Please do not get sick :( I was sick last week -- not fun.

Originally Posted by Lizards13 (Post 69703)
Not changing much re my goals this week, just hope I can register lots of green by next Monday

I'll be watching for your green.:)

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 69704)
I'm in for the week! I think maybe this week I'll actually post some goals instead of just hanging around.

Goals keep us focused & moving forward. Glad to see your goals. Best wishes this week!!!

01gt4.6 01-23-2012 02:32 AM

I rolled up on the scale today and was 184 this morning, so COUNT me in. :D

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...t46/3count.jpg
Health and Fitness

1. Lose 3 pounds:
2. Calorie deficient of 3k:
3. Workout 3 times:
4. Walk 3 times for at least 3 miles each:
5. 3 servings of fruit and veggies:
6. Drink 3 liters of water:
7. Fish oil 3 times per day:

Non Health and Fitness
8. Write 3 policies:
9. 3 Random acts of kindness:

fit4luv 01-23-2012 02:35 AM

Awesome Mike!

almeeker 01-23-2012 02:36 AM

OMG, Mike you are too too too funnny. Ah, ah, ah... Sorry I couldn't resist.

ToriD1012 01-23-2012 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 69717)
I rolled up on the scale today and was 184 this morning, so COUNT me in. :D

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...t46/3count.jpg

if they were really brought to us by the number 3 you'd only have 3 goals. just sayin'

one goal, two goals three goals....ah ah ah ah

The Count was my favorite SS character. Him and Snuffy

01gt4.6 01-23-2012 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 69719)
Awesome Mike!

:)

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 69720)
OMG, Mike you are too too too funnny. Ah, ah, ah... Sorry I couldn't resist.

I told Tori that my goals were going to be a "theme" this week. I figured since we do so much counting here I would use The Count. ;)

01gt4.6 01-23-2012 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 69721)
if they were really brought to us by the number 3 you'd only have 3 goals. just sayin'

one goal, two goals three goals....ah ah ah ah

The Count was my favorite SS character. Him and Snuffy

If planned on slacking this week... yes. So I had to do more than 3 b/c I'm going to rock the house!

quinnesec 01-23-2012 03:02 AM

Just rolling out of bed at nearly 10:00!! Wow. That's the first time that I've slept in (seriously) in maybe 5 years. School was cancelled, said goodbye to husband, cranked the electric blanket and fell back to sleep. Amen to the coffee IV. ;)

The internet was spotty all weekend due to extremely cold temps. on Saturday and freezing rain/ice storm yesterday into today. Now, we're getting a blizzard on top of all of the ice. Good day to hibernate and, for the first time in awhile, I have little to do. It's amazing how much I can accomplish when there is no football to watch on the weekends! :)

Lizzie,
I'm with you. Weekends are my biggest downfall. I'm stellar all week, and then it's like I just don't care on weekends. Since the first of the year, this has resulted in a "Push Me/Pull You" effect; loose 2 pounds during the week, gain it back on the weekend with a net loss of zero for the new year. I really have to keep my head in the game when Friday rolls around.

On to goals, Monday-Friday:

1. Calories at or below 1200.
2. 80 oz of fluids, minimum.
3. Take vitamins.
4. Limit bread.
5. MINIMUM 3 fruits and veggies a day.

Congrats to all of you who kept your head in the game all weekend!! You're my hero! I really have to start doing the same.