FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6430-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-01-23-12-a.html)

ToriD1012 01-22-2012 10:41 PM

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Okay, I'm up early (shocker!!!!) so I figured I'd start us off this week. I'm down exactly 4 lbs. this week. **doing silent happy dance** I'm like Amy was a couple of weeks ago, I'm all fired up and hope you guys are too. I don't plan on changing much to my goals. I like to keep them simple, and there's not really a reason to change what seems to be working.

Health/Fitness
1--under 1300 calories
2--drink more water--not setting an actual goal for oz, seems to get me frazzled if I don't make it. So I'm just gonna say, drink more water.
3--walk at least 10 miles--now that I've strapped on my "walking shoes" I'm kinda liking it. Gives me time to think (scary huh??? :eek: )
4--work out 4 times--I'm gonna hit this goal this week if it KILLS ME!!!
5--another 2??? Starting weight Monday morning--215.6

Life/Home
1--clean out office
2--get by WalMart and buy cables to hook up DVD player
3--stop worrying about it. It's gonna happen whether I want it to or not.
4--call Dr. about blood work and asthma meds
5--scout out a new eye dr.--don't ya love when the insurance stops paying for you to see the same dr. you've seen for 7 years!!! And he was cute....sigh, stupid insurance

Catch up with you all after work!

Mern 01-22-2012 11:26 PM

Tori, such a great job last week! Congrats on that!

Doc had told me in September that even though my blood test showed my protein level was just fine, she didn't think I needed the 120g dietary protein intake I was used to. Well, I weigh more now than I did in September, even after losing my holiday gain. I'll still ALLOW myself 1600 calories, which is where I want my "lifestyle calories" (as opposed to fewer "dieting calories") and at my current weight that still gives me a daily calorie deficit of around 750 per day. BUT with protein bumped back up to 120g per day, I SHOULD see I'm eating fewer total fat calories. Maybe that'll help--we shall see.

Simpler goals this week:
Calories 1600 daily max
Sat fat average 12% of total calories max
Net Carbs 25g daily max
Fiber average 25g
Protein average 120g
Cholesterol average 300mg max

No cheat foods at all even if they fit into my target numbers
Exercise 5 times
60 oz. water

cjohnson728 01-23-2012 12:21 AM

Morning, Tori; thanks for getting us started. I hope you have a great day, and big congrats on those four pounds!!

Mern, loving your thoughtful reasoning as usual. Best wishes on your week!

Food and Fitness:
1. 1350 calories max.
2. Exercise 6 times.
3. At least 2 sports bottles water.
4. Log everything and post that number!
5. No treats masquerading as snacks, even if they fit the numbers (thanks, Mern!).

Life:
1. Organize/put away items in guest room.
2. Stay on schedule with work reports.
3. Research and order faucets.
4. Write card for pediatrician.
5. Be patient, be patient, be patient.

almeeker 01-23-2012 12:32 AM

Awesome Tori, thanks for getting us fired up this morning, and here's to hoping I can follow suit (salute coffee cup style). I'm not quite awake, but my body is not screaming in pain either, which is awesome and sort of crazy, because we spent yesterday on the slopes. In the past it's taken me the better part of a week to stand upright again after a day like that. What is also crazy is that we had a warm front move in overnight, and the 12" of snow we had on the ground yesterday is totally GONE. The house however, looks exactly like a ski shop exploded in here. Things got soggy out there last night, so all the ski gear was wet, and is now spread out all over the house drying (hopefully). It's a real eyesore let me tell you, and kinda stanky. The kids have the day off from school, so maybe they can help me Fabreeze and pack up the ski junk later today. Although getting them to "help", will probably take more effort than it's worth. :rolleyes:

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. 1,400 calories daily + WEEKENDS!!!
2. 100 oz water + WEEKENDS!!!
3. Calorie deficit 5,000 total.
4. Exercise 7 hours.
5. Log everything, INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!!
6. Weigh daily and post, INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!!167

Other Goals:

1. Finish painting rabbit cage and put wire on, buy materials for 2 more.
2. Call sheet metal guy and get poo pan ordered.
3. Housework 1 hour daily + 1 load of laundry, INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!!
4. Cross 10 things off the "list".
5. Order parts for elliptical.
6. Write Valentine letter and work on photo.

When I first started doing all this I discovered "breakfast" was my worst problem. Once I got that straightened out I fell in to a new bad habit called "afternoon snacking". Recently I've gotten a really good handle on that, but have had to finally admit to myself that my biggest problem is the weekend. It seems like no matter what I tell myself, and what I've learned about this process, my natural tendencies gravitate toward obesity. The minute I loosen the grip on the reins, I'm completely out of control. Ugh.

almeeker 01-23-2012 01:00 AM

Tori, I just finished reading last week's thread and you mentioned that your knee is acting up a bit and you don't know why. Mine do that regularly, old injury for me too. Have you checked the barometer? I'm very sensitive to pressure changes, you might be too. I don't need to check the barometer, I just rub my knee and say, "yep, gonna rain some, Tuesday m'bee". My mother says it "old age", but I've been like this all my life. I know 48 hours in advance of when it's going to rain or snow.

fit4luv 01-23-2012 01:11 AM

Good Morning!

My FIT Challenge week is now Thurs thru Wed due to my current Health Group that meets on Thursdays. So I hope that's OK with you all that I post accordingly.

I'm decreasing miles per week as I'm increasing Toning. At some later date, I plan to increase miles again.

FIT Day Challenge [Thurs to Wed] * FitDay Check-in: Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun(off)-
My week differs due to when my Health Group meets. Sun = "Cushion" Day.
Daily = x6/wk

FOCUS (3)
Faith & Fun daily
**Audio Bible ~ x3/6
**Hlth Group workbook (complete chapters by Thurs)~
*Treat Self (non-food) ~ x4/6

Support weekly
* 1st Place Hlth Group
1. Encourage 1 member ~
2. Attend Thurs.~

INTAKE (4) Nutrition daily
**Non-Starchy Veg. (4 serv.) ~ N (Sick)-Y-Y-Sun "off" -
**Fruit (1.5 serv.) ~ Y-Y-Y-Sun "off"-
*Water (32 oz) ~ N-N-N-Sun "off" -
*Vit & Fish Oil ~ Y-Y-Y-Sun "off"-

TRAIN (3) Weekly Tally
**Aerobic (120") ~80"
**Pedometer (10 mi) ~ 8.43
*Tone x3 ~x2/3

Lizards13 01-23-2012 01:17 AM

Tori. Fantastic loss, You've not had the post Christmas slump like I have. Keep it up girl.

Amy. Me + weekends= disaster. It's like a green light comes on and it's all systems go for all those foods that are way too bad for me, because I can't eat them in moderation. Then there's the wine, the nights out, the nights in, all traps for me. However you and I HAVE lost weight so there must have been weekends when we got it right. If I could have 3 good ones a month I'd be happy.
Didn't get to weigh in this morning as I was late, at work now but I'm putting my goals
together and will post soon. This Will be a good week, it has to be, I've been slacking since November.

Kay_in_PA 01-23-2012 01:22 AM

My kids had a two hour school delay this morning because we had some sleet and snow last night. I was glad for the extra sleep, but now I'm feeling off. My right eye is irritated and swollen and now my throat is feeling scratching and irritated too.
I guess that means my number one goal this week is to not get sick!

My goals:
-Keep carbs, fat and protein at 40/30/30.

-Plan and prepare ahead so I don't come home at 5:00 having no idea what I'm doing for dinner.

-Drop another pound (I'm starting the week at 152)

-Walk 20 miles on the treadmill. I really enjoyed the exercise last week, so I think this is very doable.

-Strength train with kettlebells at least 2x

- Complete homework and final paper for one class and midterm exam for my other class.

- Clean house and deal with paperwork & bills.

Lizards13 01-23-2012 01:27 AM

Not changing much re my goals this week, just hope I can register lots of green by next Monday
Goals

1. Log everything and stay below 1200 cals
2. 30 mins ex at least 5 days
3. Eat more vegetables and less carbs
4. Only 1 chocolate (my kiss) per day
5. Wine only on weekend

General

1 Log on to start my online course in TEFL
2 Decide on a holiday towards the end of this year with just BF and me.
3 Throw out my large collection of old bras in various sizes that really don't fit anymore N
4. Contact those friends I haven't spoken to for some time and organise a few get togethers.
5. Decide on wedding date.

bojibridge 01-23-2012 01:27 AM

I'm in for the week! I think maybe this week I'll actually post some goals instead of just hanging around.

1.) <= 1400 calories/day
2.) Drink more water! (Been failing at this)
3.) Finish Astro 530 HW (Wed.)
4.) Finish Astro 585 HW (Thurs.)
5.) Finish Abiol 574 HW (Wed.)

Maybe I'll add more later.

mhibdon 01-23-2012 01:36 AM

1/23- 1/29GOALS:
1. 3L:
2. 500 Def:
3. Stretch:

Life Stuff: Was just elected an executive position in my fraternity. Might be rushing a social greek. My service sorority is having rush at the same time as my frat and Crew has practice during the same times as well. Can I please be 5 places at once?

almeeker 01-23-2012 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by mhibdon (Post 69705)
Can I please be 5 places at once?

If you can figure out how to do this, please advise, willing to pay for this info, big big bucks.

fit4luv 01-23-2012 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 69683)
Okay, I'm up early (shocker!!!!) so I figured I'd start us off this week. I'm down exactly 4 lbs. this week. **doing silent happy dance**

WooHOoooo!!!!! http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/rulez/t2037.gif

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 69686)
I'll still ALLOW myself 1600 calories, which is where I want my "lifestyle calories" (as opposed to fewer "dieting calories") and at my current weight that still gives me a daily calorie deficit of around 750 per day. BUT with protein bumped back up to 120g per day, I SHOULD see I'm eating fewer total fat calories. Maybe that'll help--we shall see.

Mern ~ I really hope this plan works for you. I've also been thinking about "lifestyle" calories. For me, I'm working out how many portions in each group & then to make sure it adds up to a good amount Kcaloric wise. Nutrition is quite a mosaic of portions, Calories & timing, isn't it?!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 69687)

Life:
1. Organize/put away items in guest room.
2. Stay on schedule with work reports.
3. Research and order faucets.
4. Write card for pediatrician.
5. Be patient, be patient, be patient.

I like the life/home goals -- I'm thinking about adding this later. You have lots of gusto!

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 69689)
INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!![/COLOR][/B]

I'm cheering you on here in conquoring your goals!!!

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA (Post 69701)
My right eye is irritated and swollen and now my throat is feeling scratching and irritated too.
I guess that means my number one goal this week is to not get sick!

Please do not get sick :( I was sick last week -- not fun.

Originally Posted by Lizards13 (Post 69703)
Not changing much re my goals this week, just hope I can register lots of green by next Monday

I'll be watching for your green.:)

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 69704)
I'm in for the week! I think maybe this week I'll actually post some goals instead of just hanging around.

Goals keep us focused & moving forward. Glad to see your goals. Best wishes this week!!!

01gt4.6 01-23-2012 02:32 AM

I rolled up on the scale today and was 184 this morning, so COUNT me in. :D

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...t46/3count.jpg
Health and Fitness

1. Lose 3 pounds:
2. Calorie deficient of 3k:
3. Workout 3 times:
4. Walk 3 times for at least 3 miles each:
5. 3 servings of fruit and veggies:
6. Drink 3 liters of water:
7. Fish oil 3 times per day:

Non Health and Fitness
8. Write 3 policies:
9. 3 Random acts of kindness:

fit4luv 01-23-2012 02:35 AM

Awesome Mike!

almeeker 01-23-2012 02:36 AM

OMG, Mike you are too too too funnny. Ah, ah, ah... Sorry I couldn't resist.

ToriD1012 01-23-2012 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 69717)
I rolled up on the scale today and was 184 this morning, so COUNT me in. :D

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...t46/3count.jpg

if they were really brought to us by the number 3 you'd only have 3 goals. just sayin'

one goal, two goals three goals....ah ah ah ah

The Count was my favorite SS character. Him and Snuffy

01gt4.6 01-23-2012 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 69719)
Awesome Mike!

:)

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 69720)
OMG, Mike you are too too too funnny. Ah, ah, ah... Sorry I couldn't resist.

I told Tori that my goals were going to be a "theme" this week. I figured since we do so much counting here I would use The Count. ;)

01gt4.6 01-23-2012 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 69721)
if they were really brought to us by the number 3 you'd only have 3 goals. just sayin'

one goal, two goals three goals....ah ah ah ah

The Count was my favorite SS character. Him and Snuffy

If planned on slacking this week... yes. So I had to do more than 3 b/c I'm going to rock the house!

quinnesec 01-23-2012 03:02 AM

Just rolling out of bed at nearly 10:00!! Wow. That's the first time that I've slept in (seriously) in maybe 5 years. School was cancelled, said goodbye to husband, cranked the electric blanket and fell back to sleep. Amen to the coffee IV. ;)

The internet was spotty all weekend due to extremely cold temps. on Saturday and freezing rain/ice storm yesterday into today. Now, we're getting a blizzard on top of all of the ice. Good day to hibernate and, for the first time in awhile, I have little to do. It's amazing how much I can accomplish when there is no football to watch on the weekends! :)

Lizzie,
I'm with you. Weekends are my biggest downfall. I'm stellar all week, and then it's like I just don't care on weekends. Since the first of the year, this has resulted in a "Push Me/Pull You" effect; loose 2 pounds during the week, gain it back on the weekend with a net loss of zero for the new year. I really have to keep my head in the game when Friday rolls around.

On to goals, Monday-Friday:

1. Calories at or below 1200.
2. 80 oz of fluids, minimum.
3. Take vitamins.
4. Limit bread.
5. MINIMUM 3 fruits and veggies a day.

Congrats to all of you who kept your head in the game all weekend!! You're my hero! I really have to start doing the same.

ToriD1012 01-23-2012 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 69723)
If planned on slacking this week... yes. So I had to do more than 3 b/c I'm going to rock the house!

glad to see I didn't have to light that fire under your a$$. and we know that I have the lighter to do so :o

oh, it's your turn

wildbeanerz 01-23-2012 03:33 AM

I'm in! I didn't make it to sign in and chat over the weekend but I was so with the rest of you. I even put in an extra workout Saturday evening for an hour just because I felt like it! I have never worked out in front of my hubby before and he claimed to have just watched tv but he also told me how proud he is later in the evening too. :) I kept with my losses all week except a gain of .2lbs this morning. I will take it because that finishes me off at exactly 7lbs less than last Monday! Only 2 of those should have been water. By my body measurements I lost 1/2" off my waist and 1-1/4" off my hips since last Monday too. Is that really possible?!?! I bought more new work pants this weekend. All in size 22. *Happy Dance* I usually don't workout before work except on my hubby's work days (W-F one week and W-Sun the next week) but got up this morning and put in 50 mins! Heck yeah, I want to keep this ball rolling while it's going!! Just so you all know that I haven't been perfect this week either, LOL, here is a list of all the bad things I ate this weekend... in white Long John Silvers chicken, fish, hush puppies, fries, cheese sticks...sausage gravy over biscuits...ice cream...tomato soup and cheese sandwiches (2) ... The best thing that I did was portion control. I'd say I have that pretty well handled, but about the time I'd say that, I will go hawg wild on a bag of kettle cooked chips or something. LOL

I think I will keep this week's goals about the same as last week since they seem to be working for me.

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100oz water daily
2. Limit 1 can diet soda daily
3. Exercise 4 times M: 50min,
4. Listen to my stomach when I'm full, not my mind that wants more.
5. No added salt to my plate
6. Weigh and post it daily M: 274.2lbs,

Life / Home Goals ...
1. Finish last load of laundry (this means fold it too)
2. Do required paperwork for son's upcoming appt
3. Do extra housework this weekend so I can just touch up for Super Bowl Sunday guests.
4. Don't forget to work on cross-stitch projects

Tori ... Congrats on your 4 lbs!!

Mern ... Wow you are being strict this week! It will pay off when you get that dinner out at the end of the week.

Cassie ... Curious about the card to the pediatrician. What's that for? Also do you plan on keeping your son at that office until he is 18? I ask because my boys are nearing 6ft tall and I still take them in, LOL. I get some looks from the newborn mommies!

Amy ... Skiing sounds fun! I have never tried it but I bet it is quite the workout. ... I am with you on weekend being my downfall. Usually I get a good one every other week since the hubby works every other weekend but he was off this weekend and I still was able to hold it together.

Kay ... Sending you some "don't get sick vibes"

Lizzie ... Schedule wedding date? That sounds fun!

Joanna ... Congrats on breaking that plateau!!

Mh ... Wow you are a busy girl. How do you decide which event is more important to attend?

Mike ... Don't let them pick on you.... 9 goals is 3x3=9 .... still fits your 3 week!

ToriD1012 01-23-2012 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 69729)
Mike ... Don't let them pick on you.... 9 goals is 3x3=9 .... still fits your 3 week!

uhuhuh. The Count didn't teach us multiplication. He taught is adding. It doesn't count ;)

Major high fives to 7 lbs!!!

01gt4.6 01-23-2012 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 69731)
uhuhuh. The Count didn't teach us multiplication. He taught is adding. It doesn't count ;)

Major high fives to 7 lbs!!!

Ummmm 3+3+3=9 duh!;)

wildbeanerz 01-23-2012 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 69732)
Ummmm 3+3+3=9 duh!;)

LOL http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...9/Smiley-2.png

ToriD1012 01-23-2012 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 69732)
Ummmm 3+3+3=9 duh!;)

THIS I can live with. Follows the Count's rules

Mern 01-23-2012 04:12 AM

I just got back from the Y--got in my two miles on the treadmill.

Quinn, I hope your blizzard passes quickly and safely. I like your nice, simple goals this week.

April! Kudos on the extra workout Saturday evening! Aw, that's so sweet that you got praise from your DH, too. Wow! 7lbs. lost in one week! Fabulous! And you did all that with portion control on your foods in white! More power to ya! You're doing something right! I'm really happy for you. :) Yes, I am being more strict this week to earn that Cracker Barrel fish dinner. Then I have to think of a reward (non-food, though) for next week. Maybe treat myself to a movie or something. I lost my holiday weight gain, but am still 10 1/2 lbs. heavier than my last weigh-in at the doctor's office September 1. I REALLY want to lose that by my next appointment on February 22. If I can do that, at least I will not have a net gain. I will discuss my gain in between with the doc, though--not trying to hide it from her--that would be so juvenile. I want her to know I think dropping my protein intake adds to my regains. I really do expect my cholesterol and triglycerides to be down even further, even if my blood sugar average is a little higher.

Mike, I like your "Count" theme. Gave me a nice chuckle and your goals are quite good. Good for you for putting some fun into your goals, too.

Cassie, thanks for your encouragement on my tweaking. I like how you put that: no treats MASQUERADING as snacks. Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing to sneak in a small bite of a cookie--and then I use up a lot of calories and carbs on that teeny little bit of food, leaving me hungrier than usual in the evening. Nice to have a buddy working on that same issue.

Amy, that's great that y'all got to go skiing. That must burn a lot of calories! Good job thinking things through and deciding what you must do to keep tighter grip on the reins. OMG, it's hard, isn't it? "Ah, ah, ah" for The Count. :D My now 25 year old grandson used to walk around mimicking The Count when he was a preschooler. I had forgotten all about that until your post.

fit4luv, glad you're feeling better. That's great that you have your Health Group. Heck yeah--you just report the way that's best for you. It's great that we have the freedom in this group to do things whatever way is best for each of us. :) I can't stick to a weight loss diet of really low calories--can't handle anything under 1500 without feeling very deprived, then when I reach my weight goal and start adding back calories, I gain it all back again. I figure this way it'll take me a lot longer, but along the way I'll learn out of sheer habit how to eat healthfully and keep the weight off. Oh, golly, I certainly DO agree with you that "nutrition is quite a mosaic of portions." I spend at least half an hour a day on FitDay's nutrition tracker logging my food and trying to figure out what I should eat, what I can eat, and the portion sizes to fit into all my nutrition targets.

Lizzie, great attitude that this WILL be a good week for you. I know you can do it. :)

Kay, we have an unseasonably warm day in my part of Ohio today--supposed to get in the low 50s. What's with your eye? Pink eye coming along with the sore throat? Hope you have a speedy recovery! Wow, great treadmill goal! I know you can "get 'er done."

Joanna, best wishes on your food and fitness goals as well as on finishing your courses.

MH, congrats on your election to the executive position. I like your simple goals!

cjohnson728 01-23-2012 04:31 AM

I just love when this thread is busy!

So, what I'm hearing, and personal experience is included, is that we need to get something started to help us cope with the weekend. A while back I used to post ways to cope...maybe I'll try that again. I did great until Sunday night; almost made it. So frustrating! :mad:

Just poking in real quick...I came home for lunch, to change out testing materials, and to use the bathroom (long story, but I'm doing evals in the juvenile jail today and I just can't use those metal toilets). Everyone's goals look great and from the sound of things, if you're not fired up now, you will be soon!

Quinn...I'm getting emails from colleges now, and links to financial aid sites. It seems early in the game but I suppose it's because of the PSAT. And so it begins :eek:. Hope your good news on that front continues to roll in.

April, very nice job on the loss! You must be so excited :D! About the pediatrician...oh, I am heartbroken. My 15-year-old has seen the same one ever since the neonatologist handed him over a few days after birth. Even after we moved, I continue to take him there; it's about 35-40 minutes away. When we went in for his yearly check up, the nurse told us the doctor was on an unexpected medical leave and they were not sure if he would return (I think he's about 60, 62 years old). When we went back for the sports physical a month or so later, that was still the official word, but the doc we saw noticed that I was tearing up, and she gave me a hug and told me that he indeed was not going to come back, but that was really all she was able to say to respect his privacy. She did, however, say that if I sent a card or a letter they would be happy to forward it. I feel that's my only option; since we live a ways away, I don't see him around town, so to speak. I'm so worried about him and sad to boot...of course I know that he wouldn't be my son's doctor forever, but this was so sudden and so vague :(.

I checked out two other pediatricians that were highly recommended and am going with one of those. I don't like any of the others in the original practice enough to continue to make that drive. I did consider taking him to my doctor (who starts with adolescents at 16; I'm sure it would've been okay, though) but instead chose otherwise for two reasons. One, my son is ADHD and the pediatrician manages his meds and the one I chose has that as a specialty (most adult general practitioners don't), and because my son also has constitutional delay of adolescence (delayed growth spurt). So if there are any problems with that, I felt a pediatrician would be better equipped to deal with them. If there aren't any special circumstances, I would say just switch when you and they are comfortable with it.

But I've had the card here for two weeks and I just get overwhelmed thinking about what I need to say in it every time I see it. All you moms and dads know an awesome pediatrician is worth their weight in gold, and mine is. I just need to make myself put it into words and shed a few tears.

And now I've gotta run, so I'll check in with you wonderful folks later!

ToriD1012 01-23-2012 04:44 AM

Sooo happy to see mt enthusiasm was catching this morning!! I'm not real sure why I'm so chipper this morning. I only got like 3 1/2 hours of sleep, which is at least 2 hrs. fewer than I normally get. I'd rrreeaalllyy like to get outside and do some of my walking, but it's supposed to storm this after noon, and I'm not all for walking while it's lightening. I guess I'll have to call my Zumba buddy and see if she's game tonight. Will catch up with y'all after work. ttfn

taubele 01-23-2012 05:12 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm posting quickly at lunch so I don't have too much time to chat, but I love the enthusiasm this week. I do however want to say to Darlene: So happy to hear about your benign diagnosis!!!! Phew! ;)

I woke up this morning feeling motivated for the first time in a month, so I hope it continues. I am still SUPER NERVOUS about my potential job at Smith (I should hear one way or the other this week or early next week) and trying not to think about it. BF is still job-hunting, though he said he had a fruitful day driving to dealerships and asking if they needed help. Maybe something there.

Trying to shake off the cobwebs that have been surrounding the part of my brain that thinks about my health and getting back to it. I'm posting some "old goals" I haven't used in months, because I remember they motivated me before, and I want to get there again. So my goals this week are a mix of the old and the new.

Health/Lifestyle/Fitness Goals

1) Calories between 1200-1500 daily. No single day over 1600. Week average around 1300.
2) Exercise at least three times this week. No excuses at all. None. Zippo. Zilch.
3) Calorie deficit of 5,000 or more
4) Log everything, even those handfuls of M&Ms I've been sneaking lately
5) At least 64-80 oz. of water daily. More is better.
6) One new recipe for lunch or dinner this week
7) 2 Lunches and 1 Dinner out/takeaway, maximum
8) Average of 25-30 percent protein for the week
9) Weigh in M and F, post here M: 161.8

Other Life Goals

1) Clean the bathroom
2) Catch up (and stay caught up!) on laundry
3) In bed by 11:30 every night. No excuses allowed.
4) Make an effort on my appearance every single day (This one's for you, Mike ;) )
5) Post one wonderful thing that happened every day

Seems like a lot of goals, but it will help me suss out what's working and what's not. Now that I've gotten over my cooking fear, I've gotten into the habit of using some "old reliable" recipes now that I'm used to them. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's make cooking seem suddenly dull, and I need to get excited about healthy food again. I always forget how much more well-balanced I feel when I eat well. You keep remembering the quick rushes from chocolate or fatty foods, but you seem to forget that even-keeled feeling. It doesn't help that BF would eat the same 5 dinners over and over forever, but I didn't let that stop me before, no reason to turn it into an excuse now!

Off to a good start today, food-wise. Had some greek yogurt with strawberry for breakfast and a "taco salad" for lunch. I had some leftover turkey meatballs from dinner last night (meatball subs, a treat) that I broke up and put in a salad with some LF cheese and broken up bits of tortilla, with a light spicy ranch dressing. The meatballs had italian seasonings but I could barely tell given the salad dressing, and it felt good to eat it. I always like taco salad.

No excuse not to work out tonight, so it's me and the Zumba!!!

Happy Monday everyone,

~Terri

dar n 01-23-2012 05:59 AM

Tori Awesome weight loss!! I need to stay fired up this week so I am in and exercise focused.

Mern I hope playing with your protein helps its funny how foods affect us all differently I need to remove the sugar/ grains that’s found its way back into my life (granola bars, cereal, sauces, breads) all seem to be playing havoc with my diet.

Amy I agree cleaning the ski stuff would probably be easier without the kids. I had a nice kid moment this morning I woke up to the smell of coffee and was thinking my dd must be getting company and it turns out she just thought I would appreciate my coffee made.:D

Fit4luv Good fitness goals. How do you get in 1st place with your group?

Lizzie You are telling my story I am determined to break the post-Christmas slump this week before its February.:eek:

Kay Get well soon!

Joanna Yeah to goals!

Mh I am with Amy when you figure this out I too will pay big bucks for the secret.

Mike Lol.:D

Quinn What a great way to start a week, enjoy your day.

April You are on fire, great job again!!!:D

Cassie Sorry to hear about your pediatrician and obviously friend, I hope your son can find someone new you both can connect with and I think sending a card is a wonderful idea.

Terrie Thanks you and me both! I am wishing you and bf great success in your job hunts, keep us posted.

Off to hike I will check back in later. Have a great day.

Goals:
Walk 25k:
Exercise 5 days:
Squats 5 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
No sugar:

leslieiwhiteside 01-23-2012 06:10 AM

just keep swimming.. Totally in for this week ...

Well like all of you I reached my IM SICK OF IT bottom.. and this last weekend pledged to get healthy... I like the ideas of starting with goals.. So I will start mine with simple goals..

1. drink water.. any water..(hate water)
2 keep calories right at 1200
3. work out for an hour 5 times this week
4. weigh daily and post it.. yikes...
5. NO DR PEPPER.. this is going to be extremely hard!!!
6. Lose 3 pounds..

Household..
Do 45 min a night of house cleaning...
Get laundry togerther and folded!!!

let's see how I will do.. I will need lots of support.. to be honest this is tough i am dedicated but goodness these cravings are no joke...

Thanks all of you guys!!!

mhibdon 01-23-2012 06:18 AM

April: I tend to pick which ever will not punish me for lack of attendance. For Phi Sig I now have a committee that I can delegate to, for Crew I can do my workouts in the morning & hopefully just report back to the Novice Coach what my times & rates were, and then for Gamma Sig, I just have to dedicate a solid 5 hours to writing cards & finalizing events. Then I can sleep. :D I CAN DO IT!!!!

wildbeanerz 01-23-2012 06:18 AM

Terri ... I am so glad to see you back and energetic about it! .. I wish your bf the best of luck in his job search and I hope you get the news that you want from your interview.

Darlene ... Speaking of interviews...when will you hear the results of yours?

Cassie ... My boys dr(s) have been doctors since I was born! :eek: They have added to the practice and they rotate who you get to see but on the occassions that we still see the two founders it is special. They are really great guys and if I ever doubt what one of the newer ones is saying I ask for one of them to look at it too. ... It is a stressful time trying to move them to a different doctor / dentist when the one they are with has been it since birth. That is how ours are too. I think it is sweet to send him a card.

Leslie ... Welcome! Nice goals! Jump in and post often. That is what seems to help me the most is feeling accountable to the group to do well and post so they can see how well I have done. But they are there for me if I don't do well too. Pushing or pulling me back up on the wagon!

wildbeanerz 01-23-2012 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by mhibdon (Post 69758)
April: I tend to pick which ever will not punish me for lack of attendance. For Phi Sig I now have a committee that I can delegate to, for Crew I can do my workouts in the morning & hopefully just report back to the Novice Coach what my times & rates were, and then for Gamma Sig, I just have to dedicate a solid 5 hours to writing cards & finalizing events. Then I can sleep. :D I CAN DO IT!!!!

I have faith in you. With your energy and positive attitude ... YOU CAN DO IT!!!![/QUOTE]

Lizards13 01-23-2012 06:26 AM

April. Wooooo. Fantastic loss, well done.

Mike. Love The Count, themes are good.

Quinn. We can "Whack the Weekend" it'll just take a little planning.

Mern. It's great that you've lost the holiday gain, I'm sure the rest will follow. Give yourself a good treat next week, you deserve it.

almeeker 01-23-2012 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by taubele (Post 69750)
I always like taco salad.

Yummmm, me too!

jbuschur 01-23-2012 06:38 AM

Can I join in?

Hi there everyone,

I've been reading all your posts for a while now and I find them all so inspirational and helpful, I would love to start posting here as well. I'm hardly "new" at this, I've lost, and gained, 50+ pounds a couple times now and I have been logging food here on fitday for several years now. I've always felt I knew what to do, and when I was "on program" the weight came off fairly easily. But, this time what worked before just isn't working for me. I am 47 now, so that may have something to do with it, but I am very frustrated. Here is a normal week for me, and I have been very faithful since the first of the year, but no loss yet, not even a pound.

1200-1400 cals per day, closer to 1200 most every day
45-55 mins on the treadmill every other morning
64 oz water every day at least.

I'm not giving up, I know that it is harder to lose after 40, but if any of you have had a similar problem and was able to overcome it I would love any advice and/or suggestions you may have. Thanks in advance!

Julie

Mern 01-23-2012 06:52 AM

Julie, we're always happy to welcome new members to our group. I also have logged on FitDay for many years before joining the forums and have regained the same weight over and over. Many of us here have noticed how much harder it is to take off the weight as we get older--metabolisms slowing and all that stuff. I haven't been losing lately, either and decided to bump up my protein. Are you doing low carb, low fat, or just good old fashioned low calorie?

jbuschur 01-23-2012 06:58 AM

Thank you for responding Mern! It is comforting to know I'm not alone! I'm doing low fat and low calorie really, focusing on lean meats, lots of fruits and vegetables and whole grains.