Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-10-2012, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, aw, big hug to you, too! Geez, just go eat something nutritious and don't worry about going over a little in calories. It's not worth adding the stress of gnawing hunger to your horrible day.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Well, you still need to eat, just watch it closer throughout the week. I have a bowl of white beans and rice sitting in front of me now... not really feeling it though. You've got a deal. I will go to the gym, I don't know how hard I'll be able to push it though.
Dammit, I am going to get through tonight if I have to eat no-calorie nails. I've had a good dinner, way too much to keep me busy, and I need to prove to myself I can do it.

Gonna go fax some stuff out, then change clothes and get to a workout...
Old 01-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, thanks. I'm going to try my best to make tomorrow a better day.

Beth, I have no femanine side.

Cassie, I hear that toe nails burn more calories if you actually chew them off instead of cutting them.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like my Tuesday Funk hit everyone else but me....SORRY GUYS!!!

I on the other hand have had a great day...I know, right? Tori having a good Tuesday? Wonders never cease. I hit a small snag around 10 this morning, but got through it pretty well. Did some neck rolls to work out some of the stress and then a couple of my drivers had me laughing out the rest of the stress. One driver made the comment that coming to my store was like going to recess, we always had a lot of fun and recess was always his favorite "class". So that made me smile. And then later in the day I had one salesman ask exactly how many pounds I had lost cause I was "really starting to look good." So WOOHOO!!! I guess it's paying off. If he thinks I'm starting to look good now, give me another 70 lbs and then I'm gonna have to start fighting them off

Cassie and Mike--Big pats on the back to both of you, hope the funk works out quickly.

Everyone else--hope Tuesday has been good for y'all.

Will check back in later with goal updates, for now I'm gonna veg a little in front of the tv...Biggest Loser is on and it's been my Can't Miss Show for a few years. It's my weekly SobFest. After that I'm gonna get a work out in
Old 01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Kay in PA! Way to go on breaking a habit like that!

Oh, geez, Amy--all the kids are cranky and at each other's throats at the same time! Run away! Run far, far away...... Big hug to ya. My grandson is not a big eater. He has three sisters at home so he knows how to drive girls even more nuts than they already are. LOL I'll let you know tomorrow whether he did well at breakfast or if I've taken him to the FedEx depot. Maybe I didn't explain that right--your bus situation and ours sound a lot alike to me. When the school levies pass, ALL our kids have busses. Right now there is no high school bussing at all, and only kids in grades K-5 who live more than 2 miles from school have busses. Our community was semi-rural when DH and I moved here in 1973 and there are no sidewalks. The elementary school kids who have to walk have to walk up a fairly steep hill. I don't know how they'll make it when it's snowy beause there is no place to walk except in the street. The two lane street dead-ends into the school lot, so there's no alternative route and traffic going both ways. Our middle school and high school start classes at 7:15AM (dark in the winter as in Michigan) and those buildings are on the same campus--on a busy street--no sidewalks there, either. I think it should be illegal for the school board to deny the kids the safety of bussing.

Last edited by Mern; 01-10-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Going to bed early--I just know I'll wake up around 3AM since my brain only allows me to sleep 5 hours except if I'm sick or physically exhausted, but I can hardly keep my eyes open. Ok, yeah, that was a big boohoo, wasn't it? Aw, I'll be OK--I'm way better off than most of you.

Last edited by Mern; 01-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Mike & Cassie I hope you broke out of the funk you were both feeling. Great job on plugging away at your goals even when you feel crappy.

Amy Thanks for the cyber soup. I am hanging in I just got back from my interview which I think went well. I have a meeting at 8 at the church and I am leading it so I can’t even excuse myself but hubby says the longer I sit here on the couch the sicker I look so hopefully they will all take pity on me or not want to catch what I have and it will be a short efficient meeting.

Mern Lol at the verbal cleaning style. My hike was good it took us about 10min longer than normal the two big hills slowed me down because I can’t breathe through my nose but it gave me a little more energy for my interview then laying around in bed would have.

Tori Glad your day got better, enjoy the compliment it’s nice when people notice your hard work.

I am off to my meeting here’s hoping it’s a short one I am so ready for bed.

Have a great evening.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks ladies. I did get the funk out at the gym.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness

1--1200 to 1300 calories during the week, max 1500 on the weekends~~1228, 1079--I have some calories left, so I may go try out my new blender and make a smoothie
2--at least 64 oz water a day!~~73.8! Shuddup? Whhaaaattt?? Yup that was ME banging out the 73.8 oz of water today. AAANNNNDDDDDDDDD only 1, count 'em one Diet Dew., I'm working on it......
3--exercise at least 4 times--I've GOT to nail this one this week. I start out the week so good and then the latter part rolls around and I get tired. BUT NO EXCUSES THIS WEEK!!~~you better believe it!, getting ready to get my late night burn on
4--shooting for at least a 2 lb loss--starting weight Monday morning~222.8~~Didn't weigh, UUUGGGHHH up 0.6 lbs..hopefully it'll work back out by the end of the week

Life/Home

1--clean out car--UGH it's driving me insane!!~~planned for Wednesday, barring rain....weather report is calling for storms...yyyaaayyy
2--keep up to date on paperwork~~Having taken Saturday off, I'm only behind by one day....can make that up tomorrow--BOOYAA!! all caught up, and then some
3--go BACK to store and get them to take the security device off new sweater~~Wednesday, as long as I don't have to start building an ark
4--clean out refridgerator--it's not pretty in there~~maybe tomorrow???---at least there's not anything growing in there

Tuesday went well, FINALLY!! I have so much to do tomorrow, but seeing as how most of it involves going out of the house, I may not get a lot done with the weather they're predicting. I really need to get back to the store and get the tag removed from the sweater, and I really really need to clean out the car....I guess I'll have to settle on cleaning out the fridge. I also want to go by Anytime Fitness and check their rates. It's really close to the house, and I have a free pass for 2 weeks, so I need to at least check it out. Anybody know anything about them???

To my Funk-dafied friends, hope all is well come morning...everyone else, have a great night.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Today is almost over and I am ready to put it to bed and start fresh in the morning.

Mike, how are you doing? Anything this cadre of chatty ladies can help you with?

Darlene, did you make it through your meeting? My hat is off to you, hiking today. Feel better soon.

Tori, I'm glad you had a great day. I'm getting some energy from your posts...good luck with all your chores and stuff tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the gym...let us know.

Hope, how are things with DD these days?

Beth, how are those grandbabies in CO? I remember when the little one was born..time flies! I do share your philosophy about being strict; I think that may have been my problem getting back on the wagon. I kept trying for 1200 cals with all these rules and regulations and essentially sabotaged myself. I'm working on being strict enough to recover from a string of holidays but not so strict I rebound. Glad you brought it up.

Kay, proud of you for tonight! Congrats!

Mern, thanks for your posts. Whenever I read one of yours, I either feel like I've gotten a hug, been to meet with a professor, or watched a stand-up comic. And no matter which it is, it's always the one I need the most .

Joanna, here's hoping positive results come from your insulin pump! Hope you enjoyed your indulgence; nice work keeping it in the calorie range. Good luck with the tennis elbow; I have that, too. PT exercises and a cortisone shot helped a lot, and also a band to wear around the forearm that takes the pressure off the nerve.

April, congrats on reining in the after dinner eating. That's tough for me as well, and I agree that a bar was minimal damage.

Pam, how's the conference?

Luv, you're just chugging along...I know you'll hit your goals. Nice job, lady!

I am sorry if I missed anyone. It was a wicked long day that started with a search that was just shy of the strip variety at the detention center today and continued with developments about as much fun. I did hit the stationary bike and I had a cucumber for my snack, salvaging my calorie goal (yes, I know 50-100 extra wouldn't've killed me, but it became the principle of the thing). Wishing you all a good night and good scale mojo in the morning!

1. 1350 calorie limit daily. 1196, 1348 no lie
2. Limit processed foods. Yes, Yes
3. 2 sports bottles of water...don't count tea, flavored water, etc. Yes, Yes
4. Exercise 6 times. One, Two
5. Log everything (even the small stuff: cough drops, vitamins...). Yes, Yes
6. Do at least one journal entry in FD daily. Yes, Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
8. No treats passing as snacks (see above). None, Homemade granola bar

Something wonderful: I was so busy trying to crank out reports, emails, and faxes tonight that the guys cleaned up the kitchen and the house without being asked .

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-10-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.