Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-07-2012, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mike,

More King Cake?? What the heck is in it anyway?? I've got to try one.
Quinn, I'm thinking they put crack in it, cause it's SOOOO addictive!! It's a good thing that the bakeries around here don't carry it, cause there's no way I'd be able to fit in any of my clothes, even my "fat clothes". It'd be sweatpants until summer!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for the post about insurance. Even with your overage yesterday on calories, you still have a nice deficit. Congrats on the veggies, on your walk, and two out of three workouts so far in your Friday report. LOL on asking Tori who she is.

Tori, Darlene, fit4luv, and other relatively new members, we're so glad you post on a regular basis.

Darlene, hope you feel better soon and get a better night sleep tonight! I'm glad you mentioned "fitting in." We have one guy and such a varied group of women of all ages from ages 20 to 65, varied occupations of college undergrads, college grad students, Ph.d's, insurance agent/underwriter, scientists, architect, attorney, retired grandma like me, store manager/s, stay-at-home moms. EVERYONE FITS IN!

Amy, your calories aren't too far over your goal. Control--you got it. The rest of your food and fitness report is excellent. Three pounds down is something to crow about. Congrats on that! My mammo's aren't bad--I had no discomfort at all. The technician told me a lot depends on the skill of the mammo tech. Same as bloodwork--a skilled phlebotomist doesn't cause pain to the patient.

Fit4luv, I had a horrible time trying to log in yesterday! Wow! Congrats on losing 4 lbs. since 12/18! Great point for both our new AND veteran members about the "non-scale benefits of weight-loss. Increase energy, increase strength and so on."

Pam, that smoked chicken fettucini Alfredo sounds really yummy! At your size and weight, you can afford to indulge.

Cassie, outside of what little posting I did here today I worked all day on diet planning, errands, driving granddaughter to her boyfriends and then to work from his house and I still have not exercised. Need to, but absolutely do not want to. Wish I could work on your jigsaw puzzle instead! LOL Oh, I'm a pro at avoidance and denial.

Lizzie, I'm so sorry you have sleep problems, too. Glad you had such a nice visit with your siter and BIL. If you posted about your boyfriend being ill on his Christmas visit and then winding up in the hospital, I missed that post. So sorry. Diabetes is serious, but can be well managed with doctor supervision and proper self care. Best wishes as the two of you deal with his diabetes together.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quick check in. I put on my big boy britches and knocked out 6.49 miles. I'll post replies when I get back home.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Luv, Congrats on the -4#!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mern
Time really got away from me. Here it is almost 4PM and I've got so much to do. Haven't exercised yet and have to go pick up GD in half and hour from her boyfriend's and take her to work.

My day has been STELLAR as far as food goes. Nutritious stuff, a little light on veggies, but trying to keep the net carbs very, very low today. Made some low carb chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffins to put in the freezer (can't have any today) and made some low carb black soybean stovetop "baked" beans to have with dinner tonight and DH really loves them--he had no idea it was health food until I told him what was in it.

No way I can catch up, so quickly:

Mike, my veggie beef soup is PRETTY much the same each time I make it--depends what veggies I have on hand. Several batches ago I measured what I had on hand to put in and used FitDay to figure out the nutrition facts for me. I entered it as my homemade veggie beef soup and use it as a good enough estimate each time now because I make soup by "dump and taste method" rather than by careful measuring. I'll bet you make yours that way, too. Well, at least you logged your Blast! LOL
Great job Mern, sounds like you're having a really good day! Those muffins sounds good. I rarely make soup but you sure have a good isea on it.

Originally Posted by dar n
Mike My new plan has 3 million liability and we thought our insurance lady was overreacting a bit but I guess I never considered the bus scenario! Yes it’s good info I can tweak what you are saying into what she was trying to say and although the rules seem a little different the theory is the same protect my butt because if it’s my fault they are coming after my $$$. Thanks for the phone info.
$3m is quite a bit. I'm never written any that big. I've written some really big life policies but no liability (umbrella) over $1m

Originally Posted by quinnesec
It's going to be a very fun game to watch because it's going to be a very high scoring game. Moore is out, but you still have Colston and Graham. I've heard predictions that the total points scored for the game could be near 80! Just remember bubble wrap (...and lots of it! ) and watch out for Suh. Detroit's penalties have been ridiculous this year. Detroit will lose, by how much, I'm not sure... depends who they maim in the process. lol
Wow, you think 80?? Yeah those people from that area are probably all ruthless. Where's Amy from?

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
One quick pic before I head out....
It's kinda dark but it was the best I could do. I haven't finished my hair and makeup when I took it, so that's not the best either. OOOOHHH and I had to pick something from the closet because when I got home from shopping. Cause guess what I found! The damned security tag was still on the sweater and the top that I bought was just barely too small. It fit everywhere but across the boobs, go figure! It's what I get for not trying it on while in the store, but everything esle that I tried on was in that size. But as any woman knows, never trust the tag, always try it on!!!! UGGHHH!! Oh well....here goes..........
How fun tonight. I like the pic, thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Quinn, I'm thinking they put crack in it, cause it's SOOOO addictive!! It's a good thing that the bakeries around here don't carry it, cause there's no way I'd be able to fit in any of my clothes, even my "fat clothes". It'd be sweatpants until summer!
The one I got last night was strawberry and cream cheese filled. I actually got it at Walmart and it was amazingly good. I've had theirs before in the past and wasn't too impressed, but yes, this was like crack!

Mike, thanks for the post about insurance. Even with your overage yesterday on calories, you still have a nice deficit. Congrats on the veggies, on your walk, and two out of three workouts so far in your Friday report. LOL on asking Tori who she is.
Thanks Mern, I'm hoping to have a good weekend since I screwed it up yesterday.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Haha, oh honey, why you trying to have all the fun?! C'mon, live a little! We all get one Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card in life, I just happen to have mine bookmarked for indecent exposure! Haha
helllooooooooooooooooooo...... did you get locked up for your cat fight??
Old 01-07-2012, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mike! Way to go on your 6.49 miles! Oh, I had an incorrect recollection that you often make homemade soup. I love flaxmeal, but even my grandkids will eat my flaxmeal muffins if I don't tell them they're flaxmeal ones. The coffee and chocolate in them hides the taste of the flaxmeal. Wishing you a great day on the wagon tomorrow. Cassie has special weekend goals, too, to make up for some off days. I'm going to try a repeat performance tomorrow of under 12 grams of net carbs. Ordinarily I wouldn't be so concerned about it, but I already rescheduled my December blood test for toward the end of February and I don't want to mess up what should be a more accurate picture of how well I can do without meds for blood sugar. My diet for triglycerides and cholesterol has been really good, though--better than ever since May 2011--so I'm expecting even lower numbers on my test results for those two things.

I got in my exercise, encouraged by the fact that tomorrow is my scheduled day off.

Signing off for tonight. Will catch you all tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Yes Quinn, that was me screaming again & again. The Saints are not looking good so far!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the post Mern (a few pages ago) about newcomers and the volume of posts. I'm really a re-vert rather than a newcomer, but it is much busier here than it was back then...kind of feel like the kid on the playground trying to hop on the self-propelled merry-go-round and it is spinning FAST. I'll get the hang of it The important thing, to me anyways, is that I'm logging again and that is a good thing! Good week and didn't even go too nuts today on my "free" day. I'm not letting it go to my head...but I will always celebrate a good week!

Congrats on the mileage Mike! And glad you were able to get the exercise in Mern!

Gonna go watch football while I can I always missed it when the season's over. No dogs in the fight--I'm a hopeless Redskins fan and am just grateful I have my memories of the 90s to fondly recall

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mike! Way to go on your 6.49 miles! Oh, I had an incorrect recollection that you often make homemade soup. I love flaxmeal, but even my grandkids will eat my flaxmeal muffins if I don't tell them they're flaxmeal ones. The coffee and chocolate in them hides the taste of the flaxmeal. Wishing you a great day on the wagon tomorrow. Cassie has special weekend goals, too, to make up for some off days. I'm going to try a repeat performance tomorrow of under 12 grams of net carbs. Ordinarily I wouldn't be so concerned about it, but I already rescheduled my December blood test for toward the end of February and I don't want to mess up what should be a more accurate picture of how well I can do without meds for blood sugar. My diet for triglycerides and cholesterol has been really good, though--better than ever since May 2011--so I'm expecting even lower numbers on my test results for those two things.

I got in my exercise, encouraged by the fact that tomorrow is my scheduled day off.

Signing off for tonight. Will catch you all tomorrow.
Thanks Mern. Good luck with your blood work next month, I'm sure the results will be good. and congrats on getting in the exercise. I still have 1 more day to hit the gym, so tomorrow it will be.

Quinn, Almost 80 pts, they were sooo close. Have you ever seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4&sns=fb

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-07-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Yes Quinn, that was me screaming again & again. The Saints are not looking good so far!
LOL... I wasn't far off on my 80 point prediction. If they would have scored at the 2 minute warning or hadn't had two turnovers in the first half, I may have even been right on. After the half, they woke up and looked pretty good. Detroit even behaved! In fact, I even saw Suh give Brees a hand up... What the heck!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.