Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 PM
FitDay Member

Wow my day got away from me and I have to get up early so I will catch up tomorrow I hope you all had a good day.

Main80 Glad to see you back

Goals:
Walk 25k: M= 6.9k, T=2k, W=4k
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Treadmill, W=Treadmill
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1237, T=1232, W=1396
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1084, T= -676, W=-649
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Cleanse\Eat raw 2 days:M=N T=Yes except 1protein shake.W=N
Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 tops. 1,392, 1,562
2. 100oz of water. Y,Y
3. Exercise 5 hours. 75 min, 115 min (total 3:10)
4. Make calendar for workouts. N,N
5. Calorie deficit of 5,000 for the week. -1,415, -965 (total -2,380)
6. Log. Y,Y
7. Report weight. 168.8, 165,6, 165.8
8. Take measurements. N,N

Other stuff:

1. Pack up Christmas. Some, N
2. Start rabbit cages.N,N
3. Housework, 30 min daily + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY
4. Organize 1 messy thing daily. Y,Y

Another rough start to the day, Thursdays tend to be difficult. The girls had swim practice last night and then didn't get to bed on time. Then the youngest proceeded to curtain call until I threatened to spank her little butt and put her dolly on top of the freezer for a whole week. Seriously after 10:00pm I'm not a very nice mommy.

Went a little over calories yesterday, but I walked with a friend for 75 min and then put in another 40 minutes at the gym waiting for the oldest to finish up in the pool. Unfortunately for me, some of that overage was caused by a gingerbread incident after school. I did manage to put the brakes on after about 5 pieces (with icing no less) and kept dinner light and added the extra workout to make up for it.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-05-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Nice job Quinn. Why the quick check ins? Do you not love us anymore?
Haha! Of course I love my dysfunctional, problem eating family! When the holidays ended, so did my break from financial reports, admissions meetings and other various paperwork. Looking at about 6-8 more hours again today (and I still won't be caught up. )
Old 01-05-2012, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna. My sympathies on the car problem, I had two weeks of costly and frustrating repairs which did not fix the problem, used the AA guys almost every other day and then threw the towel in and went out shopping for a nearly new car and bingo 4 hrs later it was mine. I had been looking around and online half heatedly for months, funny how not being mobile and being stuck at the side of the road for ages can focus the mind and stop the dithering about.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Me starting my new exercise prog.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report

Includes New Year's Day

Calorie limit 1600 1224, 1573, 1407, 1289
Carbs less fiber 25g 24.9g, 23.0g, 25.0g, 28.9g
Average daily fiber 25g 27g, 26g, 30g, 22g
Average daily cholesterol 300mg 135mg, 144mg, 215g, 151g
Average daily sat fat 12% 9%, 10%, 6%, 12%
Fruits/veggies 5 servings per day YES, YES, YES, YES

Water 48 oz. YES, YES, NO YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 pks. per day 2, 0, 2, 2
Sugar free dark chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 0, 1, 0, 2
Vitamin D and fish oil YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days: Sunday scheduled day off, YES, YES, YES

Complaint to blessing: I was aggravated last night because GD's boss neglected for the third time to call to tell her business was slow and to not come in to work. He didn't tell her until I was almost back home (1/2 mile from my front door) so I used 18 miles worth of gas and time for nothing. BUT it was at 5PM so I didn't have to do any night driving (which I hate) and got the whole evening off driving duties.

Last edited by Mern; 01-05-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Had to edit my numbers b/c I got up when my GF cam home at 1am and I had a PB&J sammich.

On a good note I tipped the scale at 181.6. Almost 7 pounds down for the week. I think the extra bread is keeping me from gorging right now.

Heath and Fitness:
1. Lose 5 pounds (starting wt. 188.4)
2. Gallon of water per day yes, no, yes, yes
3. 4000 Calorie deficit -1375, -925, -128, -621 (3049 so far)
3. 4 servings of fruits/veggies per day yes, yes, yes, yes
FAIL 5. 2 servings of bread for the week 1, 0, 2, -1
6. Workout 3 times day off, yes, day off,
7. Walk 10 miles (who's coming to New Orleans to do the 1/2 marathon with me?) 0, 0, 0, 0 (grrr still being lazy)
8. Daily:
a.Fish oil yes, yes, yes, yes
b.Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes
c.Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes
d.Floss yes, no, yes, yes
e.Fluoride rinse yes, no, yes, yes

Other Goals:
9. Write 2 policies no, no, no, 2 (LIKE A BOSS)
10. Push next person to post goals , no, no, where is she????
DONE 11. Clean garage yes
DONE 12. Finish pressure washing driveway and sidewalk yes
DONE 13. Two random acts of kindness yes, no, yes, no
Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Oh man, mh, are you a Clemson fan? I watched part of the game, cheering for WVU under orders from my mother since they live in Morgantown, WV and she used to work for the university. That was crazy! Either WVU was crazy on fire, or Clemson forgot to show up to the game...
Old 01-05-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

mhibdon, good job yesterday. So sorry your back is hurting so badly. Big gentle hug to ya!

Mike, that was nice of you to take your friends some gumbo. I'm not surprised to read that he hasn't been to the gym since you quit going late with him as it sounded to me like he was using you for a crutch. Golly I hope the soreness goes away for you and your new exercise buddy, though. Whoa! Very GREEN report yesterday including being almost 7 pounds down!!! Congrats on the two policies as well! Hey, wasn't taking the gumbo an act of kindness? Maybe not random, but close enough to call it green, isn't it?

Cassie! Major kudos on the 18.8% body fat! Great report again yesterday! Aw, I see you didn't sleep well again. I had a wonderful sleep last night. Woke three times for potty trips, but fell right back to sleep. I was so tickled to awaken at about 12:45AM and it felt like I had slept for hours when it had only been a little over an hour. Then I woke up 45 minutes early, totally refreshed, and just stayed in bed enjoying the warmth and comfort until the alarm went off.

Main80, hi! Enjoy your extended holidays, but get your butt up here on the wagon ASAP! I'm exercising!

Pam, you had a great report again. When your target is 42% carbs, 40% is really darned close, especially with only 1357 calories and a goal of 1600. Well done!

fit4luv, congrats on being down 1.82 pounds! Aw, you still did great on your goals despite that starchy veggie. They're completely taboo for me, but I can enjoy cooked and mashed cauliflower or broccoli with a little shredded cheese. It tastes like I'm cheating with mashed potatoes but I'm not. You are very welcome for info the info on my eating lifestyle--it works for ME, but we are all different. I hope you easily find what works best for you. Be sure, though, before you go on any meds, to look into the possible side effects first and be sure you are willing to accept those risks. Even if you do wind up needing meds, following a diet that can help may at least put you on a smaller dosage of the meds. Big hug and best wishes to you. P.S. We are an awfully yacky group--don't worry about keeping up with all the posts--it's very difficult.

Darlene, I love your pretty avatar! Oh, and I congratulate you on a truly spectacular Wednesday report!

Lizzie, I love the "video" of you starting your new exercise program. LOL

Amy, wow, you had a great report yesterday, too! And you did a fabulous job making up for the gingerbread with icing. Congrats to ya! Oh, I feel for you with youngest DD last night. I couldn't help but chuckle over your saying after 10PM you're not a very nice Mommy. This morning my 7 year old grandchild again refused to help getting his breakfast by simply getting out his dishes, making his toast, and pouring his juice or milk. I didn't raise my voice--simply told him he'd be punishing HIMSELF if he didn't mind. I gave him five minutes and told him I would not begin fixing his breakfast until he was in the kitchen helping. After four minutes of refusing, he finally got down on his hands and knees and proceeded to crawl to the kitchen with his head down on the floor. He wasn't there when the five minutes was up, so I told him he'd have to just microwave some frozen pancakes because he used up my breakfast preparation time by refusing to mind. I proceeded to pack his lunch while telling him how to microwave the pancakes, told him to stand on a chair to reach the pancake syrup and drinking glass to pour his milk or juice in. Certainly wasn't the most nutritious breakfast but maybe he'll think twice tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, actually it was totally random. I didn't even think to count it. I guess that I should have. BTW I like being a little sore, that's a friendly reminder that I got in a good workout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.