Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-04-2012, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, sorry you had a rough day at work. Yeah, that kind of stuff can lead to some bad emotional eating. Just put it behind you and start fresh tomorrow. Big hug to ya!

mhibdon, I came to the conclusion that my back problem was not an injury, but a severe acute cramping. Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you need. What I found helpful was to keep "gently mobile" and do very modified, gentle exercise, hoping it would serve as self-help physical therapy. I went at only 1/4 my normal pace and about 60% intensity and two days later I'm good as new. My hardest thing was trying to find a comfortable sleeping position to keep the pressure off--but I found it. Hope you find something that helps!

Hi and big hugs to everyone I didn't address personally today. And thanks to all for the chuckles--I love this group's sense of humor. Y'all are NUTS! LOL
Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Joanna! What a sucky trip! I'd have been crying buckets in frustration. Glad you had kind people helping you out and that you got home safely to your awaiting kitty.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Another quick check in:

1. Calories under 1200. 805 (worked through lunch), 1302 (had a peanut mishap... )
2. Log everything. Yes, Yes
3. 80-90 oz. of fluids a day. Yes, Yes
4. 2-3 fruits and veggies a day. 2, 2
Old 01-04-2012, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Another quick check in:

1. Calories under 1200. 805 (worked through lunch), 1302 (had a peanut mishap... )
Good job, even if there was a peanut mishap!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Fit4luv: I had a really long and thought out response to your question, but then my internet ate it. I will try again when I'm not ready to devour my left arm.[/QUOTE] April (I hope I have your name right!)~ I really appreciate all the thought you put into it. I'll understand if you don't get back with me. That means a lot me that you care.
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Luv, you've got a good plan and you're working it. You are doing great; keep it up!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Oh man, you guys - my morning was a comedy of errors! Talk about screaming in frustration...

Anyway, I'll probably go a tad over my pseudo-goal of 1400 calories today, but not by too much.

In other news, my cat insists on being within 5 feet of me at all times - can't blame him after leaving him with a pet sitter visiting every other day for 2 weeks.
Wow! What an incredible day! So glad you got home safely and had kind people to help you. I'm impressed with how close you stayed within your 1400 Kcaloric goal.

I'll be back later about my goals.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Round Up....

1--under 1400 calories--1380, 1329, 1202
2--exercise 4 times--N, Y, Y
3--relax and enjoy everything--Y, kinda, Y

It was a long day, but productive. Hope everyone else is doing well.

'Night y'all!!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, what a long day...but at least I have been feeling good and am able to finally get some things done that have been waiting for my recovery.

So, I stayed under my 1300 calorie goal...just barely, but I did it. I didn't drink enough water or other liquids, so I'm behind on that. Planning on hitting the treadmill bright and early tomorrow morning. By the time I post here, I'll either be able to say I'm done with it or try to pass off some lame excuse. LOL

HAGN everyone.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Hey everyone, things are slow here on the partycat front. For some reason (I think dehydration) a muscle is my back start cramping suddenly a couple days ago and hasn't stopped hurting since. I missed my training yesterday, kept a hot compress on it, and tried to stretch it out, but it is still nagging me. Going to try a light go on the ski-machine before the Clemson game. Any advice from you guys on how to treat this?

Mike: Yep, tots heard a scream all the way here in Charleston, but I had just assumed that it was the wind :P
Is that like a tater tot? I just heard about the Clemson fumble that ended up in a 100 yard return. I think I heard you scream!

Originally Posted by Built
Cassie* Yup, should know better than to compare Congrats on the hydrostatic bodyfat results--18% is great! You'll be back where you want in no time.

Mike* Gotta say I love your random kindness goal! Being healthy doesn't count for much if we don't make the world a nice place to live.
Thanks, I haven't done that goal in a while, I figured it was long overdue.

Cassie, I missed your post about your BF%. Big congrats, that is REALLY good for a female. That puts you in "athlete" range, I think it should be "elite" though. Not too many women can get that low!

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Oh man, you guys - my morning was a comedy of errors! Talk about screaming in frustration...

So, I flew into Pittsburgh last night around 12 and got the shuttle to my hotel where my car has been parked for a couple weeks. I get up and leave the hotel around 8:45 this morning, go to start my car... doesn't start. I was like, "This is stupid, but oh well." I go back into the hotel and thankfully the guy who drives the shuttle was able to jump my car (with the shuttle bus, no less) using my jumper cables. So I'm off, then I decide to get Starbucks before I drive home (about a 3 hour drive.) I wasn't sure if it was safe to turn off the engine, but I didn't want someone to steal my car, so I figured it had been long enough and turned it off. When I come back out - doesn't start. Well, crap. So the Starbucks manager was parked next to me, and she offers to help me out, but no dice - car won't jump. By this point, I'm like - I don't know what to do. So I see an auto store across the street, wander over, and the guy behind the counter is kind of a d**k. He says it'll be an hour. I walk back to my car, and guess what - I've locked my keys in my car! At this point, I burst into tears - I'm in Pittsburgh, familiar with nothing, and my keys AND my phone are in the car. Anyway, the people in Starbucks were very helpful and finally went to another car place across the other street - they were able to both open the car, jump it, and replace the battery... Finally made it home around 2 PM. How ridiculous is that?!

Anyway, I'll probably go a tad over my pseudo-goal of 1400 calories today, but not by too much.

In other news, my cat insists on being within 5 feet of me at all times - can't blame him after leaving him with a pet sitter visiting every other day for 2 weeks.
That sucks, but it sounds like it the end it turned out alright, just a real PITA though.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Another quick check in:

Nice job Quinn. Why the quick check ins? Do you not love us anymore?

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Wednesday Round Up....

1--under 1400 calories--1380, 1329, 1202
2--exercise 4 times--N, Y, Y
3--relax and enjoy everything--Y, kinda, Y

It was a long day, but productive. Hope everyone else is doing well.

'Night y'all!!
Productive is good! It's looking like you're going to have another great week!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Fit4luv: You meant that message for me. I am still working on my response.

Mike: You.Have.No.Idea... Well wait, you probably do since you have my fb. My house was originally full of screaming, now I am watching the game alone and I'm near crying. What. Is. THIS?! I regret already getting my workout in for the day.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Evening Check In
Goals:

1. Eat Clean: No, No, Yes, Yes
2. 3 L: 2.5, 3, 1.5, Working on it
3. Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes, No, Next commercial break
4. Move: Yes, Yes, No, Yes

Last edited by mhibdon; 01-04-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.