Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-24-2011, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Day one of my cooking marathon is over. Starting to fire up the kitchen for tonight's gathering. Just wanted to pop in quickly and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy your friends, family and festivities! There will be lots of time to diet later!

I'll be back with all of you on the 26th when my kitchen duties are complete! lol Wishing all of my Fitday Buddies all the best! Be safe.

quinn
Old 12-24-2011, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to report I'm still on the wagon since my restart yesterday. I was over in net carbs by only 1.4 grams yesterday, but calories, sat fat, protein, all that stuff was good. I didn't exercise, though. Going out to eat again tonight and am ordering grilled chicken or maybe even baked salmon like last night, green beans, and a tossed salad with my own salad balsamic viniagrette dressing toted from home.

I didn't make any Christmas cookies this year at all. I usually do it with my grandkids a couple days before Christmas, but since Christmas is on a Sunday this year, they had school through Friday and we just never got to it. But we may just go ahead and bake some next week anyway since the Christmas celebration usually lasts until the new year. DH's birthday is Christmas Day so I'll be baking him a German chocolate cake tomorrow and I really hope to avoid eating any. Dinner itself will have plenty low cal, low carb offerings for me since I'm preparing it myself. It won't be a problem for me avoiding the potatoes, rolls, corn, all the carby stuff the rest of the family will have.

Darlene, you've done a great job on your goals this week! Kudos to you on taking the time to slow down and enjoy the holiday spirit. Thanks for your support on postponing my blood test. I know it's my decision, but it's still nice to know people don't think I'm foolish. Oh, your tea sounds absolutely lovely. Did you wind up with only a protein shake for dinner? I try to do that sometimes if I go over, but I find it really hard, and sometimes later I allow myself to have a nutritious snack such as almonds or yogurt in the early evening.

Pam, I'll bet you can afford to take a little time off maintaining your food logs to enjoy some extra treats during the holidays. Smoked salmon, cheese and nuts are good for you if you don't overdo the sodium too badly. Drinking some extra water may be all you need. What a lovely wish--to enjoy the season of peace. Wishing you the same.

fit4luv, YIKES! I got on the scale today and found my weight at 220.5 and my BMI at 43.06. Man, I gotta stick with my goals! I had planned to be down to 199.5 by January 1--far from it now. I hope I can catch up with you on the BMI--I was down to 38 point something in September before my regain after a disappointing 6 week or more plateau. Aw, I know I can do it--just have to keep motivated.

Mike, I'll bet we'd be without a moderator in the new year if you took the ring and necklace back and gave GH the dryer for Christmas. LOL

Tori, you did GREAT on your calories since Wednesday. I got a giggle out of your post about missing the soda limit.

Cassie, congrats on doing so well on your goals this week, even finally getting some well-deserved sleep! I hope you can get your shoulder exercises in so you don't start having problems.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Default Life is great!

Emmet arrived and I'm watching it right now.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, yeah, enjoy your celebration! Hope you get some time to relax during your cooking marathon. I know you enjoy cooking for your loved ones, though.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Enjoy Emmet, Mike.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dar n
The greatest Christmas gift of all
Was never placed beneath a tree,
But lay within a manger
Beneath a star, for all to see.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=0, T=6.2k, W=8.4k, T=6.2k, F=0 =20.8k
Exercise 4 days: M=N, T=Hike, W=Hike, T=Hike, F=[color="DarkOliveGreen"]Weights [/COLOR]= yes
Squats 4 days: M=N, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y =yes
Ab work 4 days: M=N, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y =yes
Calories less than 1400 Mon thru Fri: M=1063, T=1395, W=1273, T=1410, F=1204 =no
Calories less than 1900 Sat & Sun:
Calorie deficit of 3000 for week: M= -870, T=-848, W=-732, T= -813, F= -868 (-4131) = yes
Christmas company or visits everyday: M=Yes, T=Yes, W=Yes, T=Yes, F=Yes, S=Y, S=Y= yes
Slow down and take in or share the holiday spirit: M=Yes, T=Yes, W=Yes, T=Yes, F=Yes, S=Yes, S=Yes = yes

Darlene, you are killing your goals! Way to go woman - you are inspiring me to get it together!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
SEE?! I told you it would show today and be a Christmas Eve miracle!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Glad to report I'm still on the wagon since my restart yesterday.

fit4luv, YIKES! I got on the scale today and found my weight at 220.5 and my BMI at 43.06. Man, I gotta stick with my goals! I had planned to be down to 199.5 by January 1--far from it now. I hope I can catch up with you on the BMI--I was down to 38 point something in September before my regain after a disappointing 6 week or more plateau. Aw, I know I can do it--just have to keep motivated.
Mern ~ Bless you! If you get to reading this post before the weekend is up, would you be interested in making a pack to walk/exercise for certain amount of minutes before Monday morning? That is, I'll do the same amount as you. You decide if it works in your schedule. Maybe friends/family can walk with you. I'll check back to see if this is feasible to you.

I try to remember that I'm fighting for my health. Keep marching, fellow warrior!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Yea!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Im back again and on a restart!!

Hi to all the fellow members who remember me and hello to all the members who have joined since i was last on.
My diet has taken a total change and i am now following the Rosemary Conley diet which i can happily say that once stuck to works much better than my previous weightwatchers. I must say though that i have well and truly fallen off the wagon the last few weeks and as its the festive season- ive done the wrong thing and used that as an excuse to carry on til its over! BIG MISTAKE!!! My waistband already feels to have expanded and im feeling like a bloated balloon. My next class weigh in is 9th Jan and i am hoping that when the big day is out of the way i can refocus. Much harder said than done though.
I have a lovely new dress to wear tomorrow though and as it has some give i wont be worried about feeling uncomfortable with the extra pounds gained.
Anyway its late and i must get some sleep ready for the little ones to wake up bright and early to open their presents.

Merry christmas to all and i will be back soon- Tracey xx
Old 12-24-2011, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

fit4luv, I can use all the blessings I can get. Thanks. Gotta tell ya we went out to eat tonight and I stayed on target. Had a lean, unbreaded pork chop, side salad of just lettuce, a few carrot shreds, and 4 small cherry tomatoes and their ranch dressing (forgot to tote my own), and a Diet Coke. BROUGHT HOME for my live-in 17 year old granddaughter my pumpkin bread and my bread & celery stuffing/dressing that came with the chops. Skipped the Dijon gravy on the chops and the cranberry relish side. Christmas celebration is at my house tomorrow, but I promise to exercise 30 minutes before Monday morning. I'll do 30 minutes of my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs DVD which is the equivalent of 2 miles walking. How's that?

Main80, how are you doing on exercise?

Hope all of you who celebrate are having a peaceful, happy Christmas Eve!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.