Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Finally done reading through the thread. Sorry if some of my responses are dated LOL

Tori ... I'm glad you can try and pull strength from me on the diet soda. I have actually had a few days recently where I didn't have any at all. ... Good for you on reaching your goals with that little Frosty cheat. I know I am soon due for a trip to the dairy for ice cream. It will have to wait until my chest clears now though.

Darlene .... Thank you! I do like the mirror more lately. ... Good for you on getting in an extra long hike in case it snowed too much to hike the next day.

Main80 ... Glad to hear you are almost better.

Mern ... I second (or third) a BIDIA for you for working out at 7pm. I just can't bring myself to do it. It is before work or nothing for me.

Mary ... Nice to see you back! Nice avatar pic! I love seeing everyone's faces.

Quinn ... I will be getting more new clothes soon. I'm thinking another 5-10 lbs will see me securely down another size. Right now I could go down one and it would be tight so I'm thinking why not try to step down 2 sizes this next time. ... I love that your husband comes from a musical family. My pappy on my mom's side was a singer/guitar player. He used to perform at the moose weekly and every Christmas was a concert in his living room. Memories

Mike ... I have to say that in my jobs I see lots of UPS guys and most are not what I consider dreamy. But there have been 2 that were nice to look at. And one FedEx guy. But that FedEx guy wasn't in the standard clothes. He wore dress shirts & slacks and was built like a football player. He was my tech support guy and I had a direct email to him to get around the 800 number support people. LOL That was at my old job.

Cassie ... That is a very cute cat link. Even for a dog person like me

Amy ... I love your goal this week. Sounds like you are following the simple rule of K.I.S.S. ... I love it!

Rose ... Great avatar pic!! How awesome is that to have a party like that and such good foods and not gain. You are so in control right now!And a promotion!!! Way to go girl!!!

Last week's stress is still here. It has shifted a little but it is still here. Later this week I may work up the energy for a rant but between being tired and my throat hurting so much, I just don't have the energy for it. LOL
Old 12-14-2011, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Saw this on the boxer forum that I frequent today.... LOL

Christmas Cookie Rules...

1. If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no
calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and
thus calorie free.

2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also
has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.

3. If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies
and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend.. Because your
friend's first cookie is calorie free, (see rule #1), yours is also.
It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and, being the true
friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.

4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your
feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and
the density of the caloric mass.

5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies
will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting
from a knife without cutting your tongue.

6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have
three and green ones have five - one calorie for each letter. Make
more red ones!

7. Cookies eaten while watching "Miracle on 34th Street" have no
calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not
part of one's personal fuel.

8. As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of
breaking causes calorie leakage.

9. Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories
since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will
cling to their plate. We all know how calories like to CLING!

10. Any cookies consumed while feeling stressed have no calories
because cookies used for medicinal purposes NEVER have calories. It's
a rule!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh sorry Quinn, I was just describing a bad boy. It kills me when you see these girls (woman) that throw themselves at these losers. It's crazy the amount of men that are on death row for doing crazy crap and there will always be that nut job woman that hears about him and just has to be with him. It really is crazy.
I totally agree with what you're saying. I wish that I had a nickle for each of my friends that married a guy that treated them like garbage. The problem with a lot of women, (and that nice guys probably don't get) is that a lot of women think that they can "save" someone, or "...he is really a good person, but no one understands him", which usually ends in disaster.

The advice that I give to my daughter, is to "always reach up, not down to a date." The last guy she dated was a so-so student. She thought he had potential, so she spent 2 years pushing him academically and tutoring him, even though he was 2 years older. His grades improved dramatically, he was accepted at a great school, and then he dumped her. Lesson learned... the hard way, but it was learned.

I totally understand why "nice guys" get frustgrated with otherwise intelligent women choosing losers. It would tick me off, too. My husband was kind of our town's eligible bachelor. He happily played the field for years, well after most of his friends married. We were best friends and had a business relationship for years... never dated, even though he would bring up the possibility occasionally. I told him that I didn't want to be another of his "fluff balls". If we had a function to attend, but no date, we would call each other. His family knew me and mine knew him, because we were like brother and sister, always attending family events together, if we weren't seeing someone. Four years later, he talked me into trying dating, and we were making wedding plans a month later. I guess I was the only one that provided him with a challenge.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

April,
Thanks!!! I feel so much better now! I made caramel corn, butter toffee corn, biscotti, soft molasses cookies and Chex Mix today and was feeling guilty for "snitching". Now, at least I know that I don't have to log any of those calories... Whew!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
The problem with a lot of women, (and that nice guys probably don't get) is that a lot of women think that they can "save" someone, or "...he is really a good person, but no one understands him", which usually ends in disaster.

I totally understand why "nice guys" get frustgrated with otherwise intelligent women choosing losers.
I can totally agree about them wanting to save someone, but then it's the same person that will be bitching about how they were treated... later down the road. Maybe they should try saving themself.

I can't exactly say that I'm one of the "nice guys", I have done my fair share of dirt, trust me. I wouldn't consider myself to be a loser either, I've held a job since age 15.

This is where it gets confusing... I'm not one of the "nice guys" but I consider myself to be nice. I'm thoughtful... at times, I help out... as much as I can and I'm friendly... somewhat. I tried being the "nice guy" a LONG time ago, but realized it's much more fun when you're not overly nice. When a guy is overly nice, he ends up being the "friend", nobody wants to be the "friend".

You can't be a push over and you must be confident! I've always felt that if you're tired of people walking all over you, you have to quit laying down and letting them.

I guess what I'm saying is you have to be a little of both. A guy has to be nice, without being a wuss. He should be able to make a decision on his own, yet be flexable.

Studies have shown that women do not want an overly friendly (or excited) guy. No woman wants a guy that's going to smile like Will Farrell did in Elf.

This is where a bike comes in to play. If I had my GSX-R right now, my smile would be wrapped aboud my head, bigger than Will Farrell's, but it would never be seen behind the tinted shield on my helmet. I would just look like a badass on a sport bike, but under the helmet I would be a big smiling nerd. See, you have to be both!

Sorry to ramble... I JUST took my adderall, I'll be better later.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-14-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

That's coming from the only MAN in this thread... but I act like a boy at times.
Hey now. You smoked me out from my lurking. So testically, there are now two of us.

Looks like I'll have to post a pic of myself in the next day or two so you can hang me from the tree as well. I haven't hung from a tree since I was a young lad.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Oh lets not start a conversation about hanging from a tree. I'm from the south, people will start to assume the wrong stuff.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, well, when I was younger I was better. But the last time I fell off when I was hanging off a branch and bruised my ribs. Didn't you ever climb trees? I used to be like a squirrel up north, where we had real trees, not all these dumb pines like here in NC (where I'm at anyway).
Old 12-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Update on my 13 year old friend who had emergency surgery last Saturday. Yes, she did have appendicitis, but the appendix had not ruptured. They are still running tests to find out what caused the hole in her large intestine (that section removed) but it could be related to her diabetes--they've known for years she has Type I diabetes. There is no indication at this time that any more surgery is necessary. Prayers still very much appreciated.

I'll pray for your friend, what's her name?

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I think that I might be the next victim of whatever "bug" is going around. Woke up this morning with a migraine and swollen glands, which is how husband started... Rats!! Maybe my super-duper immune system can fight it off. lol I sure hope that I don't get sick because I am cooking for a crowd on the 23rd, 24th and 25th. I have about 3/4 of my holiday baking done, shopping is done, but nothing is wrapped. Fingers crossed that it will blow over, otherwise hubby will have to learn how to wrap gifts in a hurry!

Enjoy your day, all!

quinn
Keep your bugs to yourself, I'm done with that mess.

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Ditto on not dead.
Sunday I was totally beat after a very full exercise day and several manditory home projects.

Monday I had a surprise trip back to the local mountains to rescue an experiment. It was raining in the valley, but snowing on top - wet, drippy, severe case of hypothermia, snow. Neither I nor my assistant had the appropriate footwear so we both ended up with frozen feet. She didn't even have a very good waterproof coat so she was frozen through and through. Both of us just went home after we got back and huddled with a hot cup of tea and a book (at least that's what I did).

Tuesday started out fine, but the rat exterminator was 2 hours late and DH needed help moving his very heavy new desk into his office. It turned out that we couldn't get it through the door into his room so he had to remove the top - which entailed pretty much taking the whole thing apart. Once the rat-guy arrived I had to take off to host a meeting a work. As soon as that was over, back home to get gussied up for a Christmas party. sheesh!

Wed seems to be a bit more under control.

Since I haven't posted any goals, I guess I can't fail . Actually things haven't gotten too far out of control, but meatless Monday and holiday food has definitly undermined the low carb/high protein effort. And I can't say that I have been great about drinking my water - which I am discovering today is leading to a low grade headache.

The tree looks great Mike! Nice to see all the returning folks checking in. And, as always, it is inspirational to read how everyone manages to handle the ups and downs that life, especially life at the holidays, hands you.

I think I'll skip the goals this week (I know what they are), and start fresh next week.
Nice to have you on our tree Pam. Looking forward to seeing your goals for next week.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes(if not, it was very close),
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: was off work,
4. Exercise 4 times W-Sun
5. Weight and post weight M: 271.2,I am going to bow out on this one since I am sick now too and it is causing huge fluctuations in my scale.

Life Goals ...
1. Make a Christmas Card List M: done for work cards, T: No,

Well guys....I caught the bug. I have the sore throat and it is very hard to swallow. I just started getting it Monday evening. I was off work yesterday for some stuff with my son and today my doctor office is closed. I hope to be starting to feel better tomorrow but if not, I'll be making a doctor appointment. I have to be careful because I have reactive airway disease and if it settles into my chest and turns to bronchitis I will get asthma like symptoms that will last for months. I don't want to go through that again.

I have decided to stop weighing myself (or at least reporting it) because the scale is fluctuating 3-4 lbs per day this week. I don't know if it is because my body is holding water from not feeling well or what because I haven't really eaten anything extra. Well...yesterday would be a high sodium day but the day before wasn't and it showed almost 4 lbs gain from monday to tuesday. I don't think that is accurate and I'm not going to punish myself for it.

I'm off to try and catch up on the posts. Hopefully I can reply to you all soon.
Don't punish yourself b/c of the scale, just stay determined!Great job on your goals, but you can also keep your bug to yourself!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Keep your bugs to yourself, I'm done with that mess.
I'll try not to breathe on your posts...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.