Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-14-2011, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Rose, I added you to the tree. I'll post it up later.
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 3 pounds (starting @ 182.2)
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes
3) Gallon of water yes, yes
4) 3000 calories deficient -1060. -907
5) 1 cheat meal clean, clean
6) Gym x 3 day off, yes
7) No Bread none, I caved
8) Net Carbs less than 65g/day (not including cheat) 73.6g, 76.8g
9) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed) got up, no
10) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes
d) Fluoride rise yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
11) Write 4 policies (have to turn up the heat on this one) 3, 0

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-14-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Update on my 13 year old friend who had emergency surgery last Saturday. Yes, she did have appendicitis, but the appendix had not ruptured. They are still running tests to find out what caused the hole in her large intestine (that section removed) but it could be related to her diabetes--they've known for years she has Type I diabetes. There is no indication at this time that any more surgery is necessary. Prayers still very much appreciated.

Darlene, you are off to a fantastic start this week! Kudos on that!

Thanks to Mary, Cassie, and Rose for adding your pictures. You all are LOVELY and I LOVE seeing your smiling faces. Can't wait to see our whole group on the cyber Christmas tree Mike so generously made and is keeping updated for us.

Mary, great job journaling and exercising. Wonderful how active you are. I'm the same age as you and my exercise is a joke compared to yours and I honestly do not aspire to do any more than my 30 minutes per day. Kudos to you on that! Good luck with your water consumption. Wow, that's great that you were 20 lbs. lighter when you ran into an ex.

Quinn, thanks for the BIDIA award on my late exercise. I want to just crash on the couch by EARLY evening--EVERY day. LOL Wow, things scheduled until after 9PM last night. UGH! I'll bet you were glad to be able to crawl into bed at the end of the day!

Mike, again thanks for all your work on our cyber Christmas tree. Great start on your goals Monday and Tuesday! 73.6 and 76.8 carbs are still great--still less than half that most Americans consume. Congrats on the three policies written! Glad to read you're even more at ease with the "breakup" with your workout partner. Want to turn your YES on Gym x3 from red to green?

bhaze, great job Monday and Tuesday, but get your calories up, gal! Was that low calorie count just from being so busy? We'd love to see YOUR picture--got one Mike can add to the tree? Easy: just go to USER CP, then under SETTINGs & OPTIONS, choose EDIT AVATAR and follow the instructions. It may have been in the post I was composing that DH accidentally deleted that I congratulated you on the birth of your baby girl--if so, a belated congrats on that.

Tori, "However, I have dated my share of military men. I think I've got all the branches covered." Thanks for your service to our country!
You're off to a pretty darned good start on your health and fitness goals.

Cassie, I hope your day goes very smoothly. Yeah, what DOES Mike's snuggling hammers indicate? Just kidding. LOL That CAT'S CHRISTMAS was so funny. My son's cat knocked our four foot tree over many times--he wanted to live in it like a squirrel. A lot of green in your report this week. 1471 calories yesterday should still leave you with a nice calorie deficit, eh? Keep up the good work. I surely hope you can get to bed before midnight tonight--and all the rest of the week as well!

Main80, we all understand it's hard to exercise and sleep when you're sick. Are you feeling any better? Oh, golly, truly--thanks for the reminder about the water. I have just been totally forgetting. I stopped typing and drank 12 oz. straight down and then fixed myself a 20 ounce glass of ice water. Congrats on your logging and water consumption!

Amy and Tori, a friend of ours had a serious soda pop addiction and his doc told him his kidney stones were cause by that addiction and he must stop drinking it. He didn't heed the doc's advice and had to have surgery a second time because his stones were too large to pass. I still haven't read on the Internet how pop causes kidney stones. But I will do that later. I drink caffeine free diet pop--but usually average just one a day. Hey, I'm not knocking you two--I've had my share of addictions--some kicked, some like artificial sweetener not. I work on them one at a time.

Amy, you are amazing! So generous with all the volunteer work you do, especially helping the kids. I know those kids have to be thrilled with all the gingerbread construction. UGH, I know what you mean about the bending over hurting more than being on your feet and moving around. Hope there's an end to that type of pain soon.

Rose, "Chrismukah" LOL How wonderful to celebrate the two holy times together. OMG, my mouth was literally watering reading your party menu! No sugar or flour! Way to go! But you made so many yummy things that enabled you to do that! Wow, congrats on the promotion to editing. What's the series about? Any word yet on when the USA airing will be on your work in England?

Last edited by Mern; 12-14-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern! Oh I corrected my red, I guess I was trying to be festive. The tree is actually my pleasure, see I get to bring us all together... since nobody wants to come to new orleans to run the race with me.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

I think that I might be the next victim of whatever "bug" is going around. Woke up this morning with a migraine and swollen glands, which is how husband started... Rats!! Maybe my super-duper immune system can fight it off. lol I sure hope that I don't get sick because I am cooking for a crowd on the 23rd, 24th and 25th. I have about 3/4 of my holiday baking done, shopping is done, but nothing is wrapped. Fingers crossed that it will blow over, otherwise hubby will have to learn how to wrap gifts in a hurry!

Enjoy your day, all!

quinn
Old 12-14-2011, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Mike, good to hear your breakup turned out for the best, specially if you were both not taking full advantage of the situation. As Quinn, I cannot explain the bad boy thing... they are just so..*sigh*.
Let me explain what "bad boy" means to guys... and what I THINK it means to women, correct me if I'm wrong.

A bad boy to a guy is just that, a bad boy. Someone that's going to treat you like crap and disrespect you. Probably doesn't have a job, and if he does, he won't have it for long. A real dead beat, probably doesn't support or see his kids. He's the guy that you see on the TV show Cops, that comes out of his mobile home (nothing against mobile homes, that's just how it is on Cops), drunk, wearing a wife beater, has a budweiser in one hand and a corn dog in the other. Probably covered in tattoos and will control your every move. He says "what do you tell a woman with two black eyes?"... "Nothing you can say, you already told her twice!"

A bad boy to women (how I see it) is a good looking guy, slightly rough around the edges, maybe a tattoo or two, somewhat mysterious, can take control of a situation.

What you say you want is one thing, but then when women get a real "bad boy" that's when their world get turned upside down.

So if I'm correct, why is it that if a guy takes control of a situation (ie wears the pants) he the bad boy? That's a MAN, we are supposed to do that, we are raised to be the backbone of the family, the one that everyone can lean on when sh!t hits the fan.

Do you really want a guy that's out to 3am partying every night? Do you REALLY want a guy that's not going to answer your call, granted it's always good to let a call or 2 slip by. Women need to quit looking for boys, when it's a man that you really need.

That's coming from the only MAN in this thread... but I act like a boy at times.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-14-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Ditto on not dead.
Sunday I was totally beat after a very full exercise day and several manditory home projects.

Monday I had a surprise trip back to the local mountains to rescue an experiment. It was raining in the valley, but snowing on top - wet, drippy, severe case of hypothermia, snow. Neither I nor my assistant had the appropriate footwear so we both ended up with frozen feet. She didn't even have a very good waterproof coat so she was frozen through and through. Both of us just went home after we got back and huddled with a hot cup of tea and a book (at least that's what I did).

Tuesday started out fine, but the rat exterminator was 2 hours late and DH needed help moving his very heavy new desk into his office. It turned out that we couldn't get it through the door into his room so he had to remove the top - which entailed pretty much taking the whole thing apart. Once the rat-guy arrived I had to take off to host a meeting a work. As soon as that was over, back home to get gussied up for a Christmas party. sheesh!

Wed seems to be a bit more under control.

Since I haven't posted any goals, I guess I can't fail . Actually things haven't gotten too far out of control, but meatless Monday and holiday food has definitly undermined the low carb/high protein effort. And I can't say that I have been great about drinking my water - which I am discovering today is leading to a low grade headache.

The tree looks great Mike! Nice to see all the returning folks checking in. And, as always, it is inspirational to read how everyone manages to handle the ups and downs that life, especially life at the holidays, hands you.

I think I'll skip the goals this week (I know what they are), and start fresh next week.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

No, no, no...What you described sounds totally disgusting! My idea would be more like Richard Branson or Anthony Bourdain than the loser that you described! Well dressed and just a little irreverent. They'd have to have the wardrobe and the money to back up the lifestyle. But you're right about one thing... they are fun to date, but definitely not marriage material... most of the time.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes(if not, it was very close),
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: was off work,
4. Exercise 4 times W-Sun
5. Weight and post weight M: 271.2,I am going to bow out on this one since I am sick now too and it is causing huge fluctuations in my scale.

Life Goals ...
1. Make a Christmas Card List M: done for work cards, T: No,

Well guys....I caught the bug. I have the sore throat and it is very hard to swallow. I just started getting it Monday evening. I was off work yesterday for some stuff with my son and today my doctor office is closed. I hope to be starting to feel better tomorrow but if not, I'll be making a doctor appointment. I have to be careful because I have reactive airway disease and if it settles into my chest and turns to bronchitis I will get asthma like symptoms that will last for months. I don't want to go through that again.

I have decided to stop weighing myself (or at least reporting it) because the scale is fluctuating 3-4 lbs per day this week. I don't know if it is because my body is holding water from not feeling well or what because I haven't really eaten anything extra. Well...yesterday would be a high sodium day but the day before wasn't and it showed almost 4 lbs gain from monday to tuesday. I don't think that is accurate and I'm not going to punish myself for it.

I'm off to try and catch up on the posts. Hopefully I can reply to you all soon.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Default Spoiled Rotten!

Besides the normal stocking full of rawhide, I just pick up a big Serta, memory foam dog bed for Chloe'.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Oh sorry Quinn, I was just describing a bad boy. It kills me when you see these girls (woman) that throw themselves at these losers. It's crazy the amount of men that are on death row for doing crazy crap and there will always be that nut job woman that hears about him and just has to be with him. It really is crazy.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-14-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.