Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-10-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

'Mornin all!

Mike I hope you get/got some rest. Have you tried Quinn's suggestion with the heating pad? I am surprised with all your muscle aches that you don't have one. They are the ticket for a bunch of ailments.

Quinn, I know you are a chef extraordinair, but to really admire your resolve to cook and bake and submit yourself to all that temptation. I just couldn't do it.

Mern, keep up the good fight. I sounds like you have a great strategy for dealing with dinner out - well done. I will probably switch my photo a little later, I'm not sure that holding a big glass of wine is appropriate here, but given my little "issue" with beer and wine lately it was intended as a joke on myselt. Actually the photo was taken this summer after a 12 mile bike ride from Monterey to Carmel along the beach. A wonderful ride that ended with a fabulous lunch.

Diet & Fitness
1.) 80oz water (coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count)
M=Y, T=Y. W=Y. Th=Y, F=Y (and then some, just plain thirsty)
2.) Carbs less than 30%
M= way N (53% home made veggie pizza), T=N (Thai and Chinese), W=N (but only 800cals total for the day) Th=Y, F=Y
3.) Protein @ 90g
M=N (55g), T=N (see above), W=N(see above), Th=Y(115g), F=Y (108g)
4) 1 (or less) glass of beer or wine w/dinner
M=Y (on the right track now), T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=N (2)
5.) 2 servings of fruit per day
M=Y, T=Y, W=Y (about a pound of yummy grapes), Th=N (1), F=N (1, but it was a very large apple)
6.) No white foods
M=N (same pizza 25& WW crust), T=N (white rice), W=Y, Th=Y F=N (crackers w/the cheese at a fund raiser)
7.) 2 yoga, 2 X-fit, 1 run
M=N rest day, T=Y (crossfit), W=Y (yoga), Th=Y (crossfit)

Work & Home:
8.) Get work accounts straightened out
M=Y good progress, T=Y (a little more progress)
9.) Finish trimming trees for rat exterminator
M=N(need to get the big ladder out)
10.) Send presents to east coast relatives,
M=weekend task
11.) Chip tree branches (trimmed more trees… more branches)
M=weekend task
12.) Wash patio windows
M=N maybe tomorrow Th=not yet
13.) Start cutting back bougainvillea
M=weekend task
14.) Continue cleaning out the garage rafters.
M=Y, Th=haven't gotten back to this
15.) Offer gratitude every morning. M=N kinda crabby this morning, T=Y, W=Y(got to go into the field), Th=Y for some reason I feel especially grateful for all that has been given to me., F=Y (another field day)

Friday's report was pretty good. A little over on calories because dinner was finger food at a fund raiser. Managed to stay away from the sweets, but meatballs, taquitoes, cheese and crackers add up .
I hope the rest of you battling colds and stuff get some rest and recuperation today.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Just finished my exercise to reach my goal of 5 days for the week. Now I gotta go work on my water goal.

Mike, yeah, you're the king of suckup. Glad you got at least a FEW hours sleep last night--better than none at all.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, thanks so much for your encouragement. Your pic is still great and heck, it shows you having a good time--nothing wrong with that. I was just looking at your face and friendly smile--not the glass of wine. I have a pic of myself holding up a bottle of Champaigne at a New Year Party. LOL After a 12 mile bike ride you certainly deserved a fabulous lunch and great wine. You have to be proud of your week of great accomplishments on your diet and fitness goals this week! Way to go!

Last edited by Mern; 12-10-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
After stopping myself at 5 M&M's last night, I ended up Friday very well. I came in under in my limits for calories, carbs, and cholesterol. Met my goals for water, exercise. and supplements. Only goal not met was that my saturated fat was over yesterday but it's fine for the week's average of 12% of total calories.

DH's family's Christmas gathering is tomorrow at a restaurant. I looked at the menu online and have decided on grilled chicken breast, will request one cup of green beans instead of the two sides, (will give my bread to GD's boyfriend) and enjoy the salad bar with my own low carb dressing toted from home. Also will smuggle in a low carb chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin for my dessert. I logged all my food for tomorrow (including brunch and a snack and still have some wiggle room of one carb and almost 200 calories to spare, and will be great on sat fat and cholesterol if I stick to my planned menu.

Mike, I was so surprised to read the cough syrup didn't work to give you a good night's sleep! Wow, you must really have horrible congestion with that bronchitis. I can understand that even your eyeballs hurt from coughing to much. My tongue hurts when I get into sneezing jags from allergies. What would the steroid shot do--reduce inflamation to help open the airways more? Can you please put YOUR face on the tree with us even if you don't want to change your cuddling hammer avatar for the daily thread? She certainly is pretty enough to be the angel atop the tree, but LOL on the sucking up, I mean flattery to Quinn. You're a pro! LOL

Pam, so nice to see each other's friendly, smiling faces. Thanks for putting up your lovely picture. Can't wait for Mike to add it to our cyber tree.

Quinn, pretty pic! You surely don't look old enough to have kids your son's and daughter's ages! Congrats on being finished with the last minute stuff except for a few last minute items. I missed it--what is LBD day? Hope DH is fully recuperated soon!
Great job on your goals!!! Sounds like you did some good planning for you Christmas meal tomorrow. Congrats. I'm guessing that the steroids reduce the inflammation. I'll try to get a pic of my ugly mug up there soon. It's nice to see the pic of Pam & and I think Quinn must have adopted her kids b/c she looks way to young for them. (that was pretty good too)

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
'Mornin all!

Mike I hope you get/got some rest. Have you tried Quinn's suggestion with the heating pad? I am surprised with all your muscle aches that you don't have one. They are the ticket for a bunch of ailments.
Good job on staying away from the junk Friday. I just went to Walmart and picked up a heating pad, I'm about to lay down and try it out. Nice avatar pic, BTW. Is that you failing at goal # 4?? j/k

Originally Posted by Mern
Just finished my exercise to reach my goal of 5 days for the week. Now I gotta go work on my water goal.

Mike, yeah, you're the king of suckup. Glad you got at least a FEW hours sleep last night--better than none at all.
Great job on the 5 days of exercising. I'm not the king but I'm getting better.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default Short rant

Well those of you that know me, know that I'm a firm believer in giving my clients the best service possible. Well I had someone that wanted to get together at my New Orleans office this morning so I could write them auto insurance (and save them $1300/yr on their home). Well my alarm clock went off and even though I feel dead, I got out of bed because... I told them I'd be there. I get ready, drove all the way out there. I met with him and his wife, we go over everything and it's "a go". They like what I'm offering. I go to write it and the system shuts down!!!!!! Have I ever mentioned my frustrations before with my computer and systems issues???? I call them home office and they confirm that it's down and it could take an hour, or more to come back up. Needless to say, I didn't get to write it. DAMN IT!!!! I COULD HAVE STAYED IN BED INSTEAD OF GOING OUT IN THE COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Aw... You guys are so sweet. You're making me blush... When people say that I look young, it's my mother that brings me back down to Earth. The last time it happened she told a woman, "Yeah, she might look young now, but when it hits her, BAM!! She's going to look like an old woman over night! I've seen it happen before!" Ah yes... there's nothing quite like an opinionated, elderly mother to suck the wind out of your sails! LOL

Mern,
I've been calling it "Little Black Dress Day". I wanted to lose about 5 lbs. before I have to wear a cute dress for tonight. I didn't quite make it with all that's been going on, but I'm sure no one will notice but me. lol Have a wonderful time at your Christmas gathering!

Husband is still pretty sick... he only worked a few hours a day all week, which he NEVER does. I think we'll be making it an early night tonight, which is fine with me. We were able to order ahead, which was great for planning out my food choices.

Mike,
I'm with Mern... let's get YOUR picture up there, Buddy! Maybe one with a Santa hat for the very top!! LOL
Old 12-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, you can always tell your mom "just because BAM & you look old, doesn't mean it's gonna happen to me, you can tell that I'm taking care of myself... just look at me!"

Here's an old pic. How this?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-10-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

BTW I did a quick google search and found your twin, she's looking better every day! Enough of that, I don't want to start to creep you out. I'm going to get back to my heating pad. TTYL ladies.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-10-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Haha.... No, you're not creeping me out. The comparison is very flattering. When you're my age, believe me, there are much worse people that you can be compared to! lol She's actually about 6 years older than me. Doesn't she look great?? I wonder if she's had any "work" done? I think that I feel and act a lot younger since I reached my goal weight... kind of a mind game, you know? People are always telling me that I look like someone. It's weird. I think I have pretty good genes, as well. Two of my grandparents lived to be well over 100! My standard joke is that it's so bloody cold here that it freezes our skin and kind of "preserves" it!

Extra weight automatically makes you look old, I think. Just like with your "before" picture. You look incredibly younger now, and I bet a lot of people tell you that in person all the time.

Yea! You bought a heating pad!! Doesn't it feel awesome when you're sick?? I lay on mine at night when I watch tv for my back, but the down-side is that it puts me to sleep in about 10 minutes every time!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I like that pic of you! Another friendly, smiling face for the cyber Christmas tree. What a bummer that the computer was down after you drove all that way and spent all that time with the clients. BUT, you know you sealed the deal, so that's a plus. So are you going to reconsider the steroid shot--a couple seconds of needle stick vs. added days of misery without it? Easy for me to say--I have a blood test every three-four months so I'm used to the needles. Whatever, I hope you get well soon. Thanks for your support on my food and exercise. Can't remember why, but I took off Monday, so had to exercise five days in a row to meet my goal because I need tomorrow off. That was hard for me, but right now I'm very motivated thanks to this group. Wow, that was a great Google comparison search of Quinn's picture! Thumbs up to you, Mike!

Quinn, I love Mike's comeback about your great looks. And he's right--you will look great in the future, too, BECAUSE of how well you're taking care of yourself now. My Mom (suffered from dementia) used to say the most awful things to people. I used to just whisper to people to not take her opinion to heart. So I hope you don't let your Mom rain on your parade.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.