Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
I don't know that I look younger than you because the only photos I've seen of you were not close-ups and you looked pretty damn young to me. I attribute my own baby face to the greasy Italian skin I inherited. I come from a long line of olive ranchers so all that oil must have worked it's way into our skin cells somehow. My whole family is like me.
I thought you were my age or younger from your pics.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Just what I thought... not true.

I just added a goal (#11) since I'm modifying my goals.

Hey does anyone know if the furniture stores usually have a big Black Friday sale? I need to pick up a sofa and love seat.
Dude, it is true, but the only pic I have of her in a bathing suit was when we were 10, maybe 11. Do you really want to go there? In the most recent photo I have of her, she's standing between her husband of 25 years and their two rather large muscular sons. We went to the oldest son's graduation party and she hasn't lost a bit of whatever it is she always had, I watched one teenage friend of her son's after another slavering in her presence. Men who laugh like Beevis and Butthead do exist.

The furniture stores around here have BF sales, and you don't have to be there at 3:00am. Then again Art Van seems to think every day is a good day to advertise a sale, although I'm pretty sure that the "full" price at that store is just hogwash.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-22-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
I don't know that I look younger than you because the only photos I've seen of you were not close-ups and you looked pretty damn young to me. I attribute my own baby face to the greasy Italian skin I inherited. I come from a long line of olive ranchers so all that oil must have worked it's way into our skin cells somehow. My whole family is like me.
From your pics I thought you were mid twenties early thirties at the outside edge, seriously. So your secret is to have olive farmer ancestors? Damn I was hoping it came in a small pot, smelled like flowers and was reasonably priced.

I look younger than I am, at least to some, but it's more about the whole picture. I have a ton of energy and I don't have any gray hair, outside of that I have all the wrinkles, age spots, aches and pains I'm supposed to have.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I don't know if you were looking for opinions, since you said to feel free to move on. Below is mine, if you don't want an opinion, don't read it.
I had a similar issue with my daughter, although she didn’t have the good grades and everything else to go with it. She just lacked the drive to do anything, just wanted to sit back and pretend that everything was going to be A-Okay. She was also like that in school; she had failed in the past and almost didn’t graduate at all. I kept pushing and pushing but she didn’t care. That’s when it struck me that I was wanting it more than she did. She didn’t care, it would eventually happen. I was driving myself nuts over it when it was her that should have been driving herself nuts. Kinda like weight loss you can want someone to lose weight all you want, but until they really want it, nothing’s going to happen.
Kids are our future and I can agree that kids lack real communication skills. I think this can turn into an epidemic if not corrected. This can be bigger than big business ruining this country.
Another issue can be… “I do everything a month early; she slides in 30 seconds before deadlines and laughs about it... can I cry now?” Maybe she’s so used to getting everything done at the last minute that she’s feels why worry about it a month early?
Lastly, you said “Last night, we spent 7 hours working on 2 applications and gathering necessary documentation because we are right at deadline.” I think this may be the issue here. How is it that “we” have a deadline? It sounds to me like “she” has a deadline, and why did “we” spend 7 hours when it’s not a priority for her? Tell her “If you want MY help with YOUR STUFF, then we do it at my pace, if not, do it yourself.” Tough love, it works on kids too. As hard as it may be, wash your hands of it if she chooses to do it by herself. We live in a cruel world and if parents keep bailing the kids out, what’s going to happen when the kids go out in the real world? They’ll have poor communication skills AND won’t be able to do anything on their own.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-22-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Dude, it is true, but the only pic I have of her in a bathing suit was when we were 10, maybe 11. Do you really want to go there? In the most recent photo I have of her, she's standing between her husband of 25 years and their two rather large muscular sons. We went to the oldest son's graduation party and she hasn't lost a bit of whatever it is she always had, I watched one teenage friend of her son's after another slavering in her presence. Men who laugh like Beevis and Butthead do exist.

The furniture stores around here have BF sales, and you don't have to be there at 3:00am. Then again Art Van seems to think every day is a good day to advertise a sale, although I'm pretty sure that the "full" price at that store is just hogwash.
Hey I haven't seen Beevis and Butthead in YEARS!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I thought you were my age or younger from your pics.
Ooh, you just made my day!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
From your pics I thought you were mid twenties early thirties at the outside edge, seriously. So your secret is to have olive farmer ancestors? Damn I was hoping it came in a small pot, smelled like flowers and was reasonably priced.

I look younger than I am, at least to some, but it's more about the whole picture. I have a ton of energy and I don't have any gray hair, outside of that I have all the wrinkles, age spots, aches and pains I'm supposed to have.
Aha, so you look young too! And judging from your pics, I have no idea what "wrinkles" you are talking about.

I definitely don't look like I could be in my mid twenties but thanks for saying so because you officially became my favourite person today!

Sorry, I have no tips to offer you either. Seriously, I only ever washed my face with water (no soap ever) and put some moisturizer on my face in the morning after a shower. That's it. I've never even had a facial! I'm not a very good girly girl.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 11-22-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hey I haven't seen Beevis and Butthead in YEARS!
Did you know they have new episodes again on MTV?
Old 11-22-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! Very gratifying I still get a shock every time I look in the mirror. I feel like the hair goes with my growing sense of self-confidence. Although, it's interesting - it hasn't even been 24 hours since I got it done, and I can already tell a difference in people's reaction to me - like strangers who I don't know at all. Mostly it's good - I can tell people assume someone with hair like this is confident, so it kinda makes me actually be confident. I can also tell some people assume things about you if you are this ostentatious - you know, that you're some weird punk chick or something. Which is just hilarious, 'cause I would never have said I was, but I think my "alternative" self is showing a bit more these days. Anywho - interesting what you can learn about people and their conceptions in a short amount of time!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in to let you all know I'm here.

You all are so wonderful and so supportive both with healthy lifestyle (diet and exercise) and with just plain life issues in general. I really do appreciate that. I have been sorely absent from our group here and will try to go through and read at least since my last post to catch up on what's going on in YOUR lives.

Amy and everyone else who commented, thanks for your condolences on the loss of our miscarried great-grandchild. Our granddaughter has since come down with an infection related to that but she's doing better now.

My BIL is doing great now. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes on that.

I'm still not back on the wagon but will give myself leave only through Thursday and after that I will not allow myself to use problems as an excuse for not eating on plan. I'll do some exercise, but will not make promises I won't keep.

I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my immediate family--just myself, DH, son, daughter and her four children--it's a no pressure kind of thing.

I case I don't make it back to post before Thanksgiving, I wish all our USA pals a wonderful Thanksgiving and many blessings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.