Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
One of my best girlfriends is outstandingly gorgeous,
I don't believe it, post pics of her in a skimpy bikini...
Old 11-22-2011, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Cassie, I'll be thinking of your mom and your nephew and sending warm thoughts their way.

Have fun making all that stuffing!!! (I wish this site had taste-o-vision or something )
LOL, it's probably good that I don't have taste-o-vision, or there would be slobber all over the screen here hehe, eww yuck.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I hope you are right. I have had a few that have mentioned the weight but most are coming across with these little names. I know I have self-esteem issues. I guess it's something that I will have to work through.
If it's due to weight then everytime you're forced to go shopping for new clothes b/c what you have is falling off of you, a little bit of self-esteem will work its way back in. It may also start before that.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I don't believe it, post pics of her in a skimpy bikini...
Down boy.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

Down boy.
Just what I thought... not true.

I just added a goal (#11) since I'm modifying my goals.

Hey does anyone know if the furniture stores usually have a big Black Friday sale? I need to pick up a sofa and love seat.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, I'm not going to copy & paste eveyone's response, but you guys made me feel better. I have to try and look at it the way you explained it. As recognition for my hard work.

I have had a few that seem to be encouraging me also by asking if I'm going to keep walking when it gets really cold. I can tell they want me to keep going.

There are also the incidents where (at my desk is basically like a reception window where I sit at a desk inside a window...lower than the person standing at the window) where I clearly watch the person at the window checking out the view. I have to be careful now that my tops are looser that they are not hanging too low and providing a wonderfully clear view of the girls. LOL

Cassie ... I hope that your mom gets some answer today and oh my I really hope that your nephew gets some help at the hospital. That is a scary thing for such a young one. Lucky for him that he is a miracle baby to start with though. I hope they figure it out.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

*RANT*

Rant concerning a teenager... Feel free to move on by... LOL.

OK. Here's my issue. My daughter is a great kid... I admit that. But, she's driving me insane! I just can't figure it out. She has spent the past 4 plus years busting her a**, being at the top of her class academically, President of her class for 4 years, NHS, Top 10%, around 600 hours of volunteerism, in every club and organization known to man, etc., etc., etc. And yet here it is, time to apply for scholarships, and I can't get her fired up to use all of this for her own benefit. It's SOOOO frustrating! She has everything scholarship committees look for and yet she's dragging her feet with the applications. What the heck???? I didn't have half of what she has. She's really excited to start college, but she's forgetting that she has to get through this really important step.

Last night, we spent 7 hours working on 2 applications and gathering necessary documentation because we are right at deadline. SOOOOO frustrating. I can't figure out why she's dragging her feet. I admit, it's no fun. But, if someone were going to hand me generous amounts of cash, it seems to me that I'd be happy to submit the paperwork.

She has already done all of the hard work. Now, she simply has to TELL them what she has done. I can't figure out if she hasn't fully comprehended the importance of this financially, or is it part of the "Texting Syndrome" where the ability to communicate is being lost. I've noticed that this age group hates to use the phone to inquire about things, as well. If they can't text or find it online, they will avoid the phone at all costs. I have to find a way to get her to sell her accomplishments. I can just see this age group in an important job interview, texting the answers to the questions that the interviewer poses from across the desk. I told her last night to start using her "big girl words"... I don't think that went over very well...

OK. I'm good now. Thanks! I feel much better. Time to start my day.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
If it's due to weight then everytime you're forced to go shopping for new clothes b/c what you have is falling off of you, a little bit of self-esteem will work its way back in. It may also start before that.
Ummm I have been told that I have taken on a cocky attitude at times so I'm thinking that it has begun. I just have to keep it in check because my hubby has serious esteem issues as well and I never ever want to make him feel less than perfect to me!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, can I respond??? You probably know it's not good if I'm asking ahead of time.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

LOL, okay we're not old, we're the same age. Happy now? We're the same age, really? How come you look so much younger than me? What's your secret, and where can I get a jar of it?

Technically speaking I was not diagnosed with "old age" but after I completing the entire battery of tests, the doc sat down with me and said that I was going to have to learn to live with a little pain in my shoulder because although he could make it feel better, it was beyond him to turn back the hands of time.
I don't know that I look younger than you because the only photos I've seen of you were not close-ups and you looked pretty damn young to me. I attribute my own baby face to the greasy Italian skin I inherited. I come from a long line of olive ranchers so all that oil must have worked it's way into our skin cells somehow. My whole family is like me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.