Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Mike It’s our home owners insurance we got a letter a few months ago stating that insurance companies are no longer providing insurance to home’s with oil tanks inside and ours needed to be removed and a new double lined tank installed outside. I called around and found this to be true with almost everyone I spoke to, one company said they would cover tanks in the home but that had to be replaced every 10 years and inspected yearly. So it’s been very frustrating because we are throwing money at a problem that isn’t a problem all I can say is my rates better go down they having been saying the last few years that my coverage is high due to the tank in the basement so I guess we will see.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

Joanna I love the hair it really suits you, you look lovely in your pics I agree with Cassie and Amy it brings out your eyes beautifully.

Amy Have you ever laid cement? We have not the guy who did the quote suggested using a ready mix and just pouring it into a frame he made it sound easy or we can pay them $350 to come do it and of course my hubby won’t pay someone to do something he can do himself. I hope you sleep well and that your shoulder feels better, is this injury from when you fell down the stairs?

Have a great night everyone.
Goals:
Walk 25k (15.5m): M=6.5k
Gym 2 days: 0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1236
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -1006
Christmas prep everyday: M=Started baking.
Share something wonderful that happened today: Walked the lake with a friend it was so beautiful and calm and then read everyone’s posts and just felt really peaceful, even the oil tank news couldn’t take away the peace.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:05 PM
FitDay Member

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 or less M,T,W,F & Sun. Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday and Saturday will be cheat meals, otherwise on-plan. 1,394
2. 100 oz of water. Y
3. 5 hours of exercise. 35 min
4. Protein 25% or higher. 25%
5. Calorie deficit of 3,500. -889
6. Post weight here and report in on this thread (as often as possible). 144.4, 144.8

Other goals:

1. Finish Christmas and Wish Lists, must be done by BF!!! N
2. Write Christmas letter, or at least start it. N
3. Start present wrapping. N
4. Make gingerbread dough. N
5. Housework 1 hour daily + 2 loads of laundry, taking FSS off. YY
6. Deal with flower pots. N
7. Sort through coupon binder. N
8. Schedule Christmas picture. N

Rocked my health goals, but hardly touched my other stuff. Oy, I need to get busy! Right this moment I'm skipping my am workout, shouldn't but I'm not feeling it this morning, my lungs are all junky. My efforts last night at the gym were pathetic as well. I gotta get my groove on or I'll be in the dumper soon.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday check-in

I had a good Monday. I slept in a little too late to squeeze in a workout before work but other than that I rocked my health goals. I have a coworker who is revealing himself to be quite "sabotagey" by offering me candy, chocolate and trying to convince me to walk with him to a local bakery in the afternoon for cupcakes. I hate when I have to say no several times. I mean seriously if you are talking to someone who is clearly overweight, obviously rejecting your offering of candy, why oh why must you insist? "Oh come on, have this miniature Tootsie Roll. You do like Tootsie Rolls don't you?" Ugh!

My goals for the week are as follows:

1. Don't eat white sugar in any form. DONE
2. Don't eat white flour in any form. DONE
3. Eat 1300-1500 calories per day. 1492
4. Don't eat late at night. YES
6. Exercise 5 times.
7. Eat 25% protein or more. M:26%
8. Take vitamins. YES
9. Drink a minimum of 2 litres of water per day. YES

Life Stuff:

1. Read every day. YES
2. Sweep the leaves on my stairs. No
3. Change the burned out light bulbs in the house. Not yet
4. Get to work before 9am. YES!
5. Mail out forms and pay car registration. Not yet
6. Pay parking tickets. Not yet
7. List something wonderful that happened to me today. Laughed until I cried with an awesome friend.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Amy Have you ever laid cement? We have not the guy who did the quote suggested using a ready mix and just pouring it into a frame he made it sound easy or we can pay them $350 to come do it and of course my hubby won’t pay someone to do something he can do himself. I hope you sleep well and that your shoulder feels better, is this injury from when you fell down the stairs?
Just for the sake of clarity, "cement" is an ingredient in concrete, sort of like flour in a cake. Concrete is made with cement, water, sand and aggregate (rocks). I have poured concrete pads several times. It's not that hard, it's like mixing the biggest heaviest batch of brownie mix you've ever seen, you dump it out and then smooth it around like frosting on a cake. Only the cake is sand and the frosting is made of rocks and mud. It's a bit of an insane workout, a cubic foot of concrete weighs 150lbs, and cement is caustic, it will take the skin right off your hands, so wear waterproof gloves. If the pad requires anything more than a 1/4 cubic yard of concrete, you'll need to rent a mixer, so I would check on the rental of one plus the materials before you tell the guy you'll do it yourself. $350 really isn't too bad, although I don't know how big of a pad you need. This time of year with the temperatures dropping, you need to move fast and plan for a week when it's not going to freeze. Concrete doesn't "dry", it "cures" and freezing temperatures will cause permanent damage to the process. So if it freezes after you pour the pad, you'll need to protect it with some sort of insulated covering, ie moving blankets, tarps, sand, straw etc etc. Concrete shouldn't be exposed to freezing temperatures until it's at least 7 days old, better yet 28 days. The other thing you need to know about pouring a pad is that it should be 4"-6" thick and sit on a 4"-6" bed of sand or gravel. Contractors don't always do it right, but the sand/gravel is important for drainage and preventing differential settlement (one side or another sinking down in the dirt).

Short version: the shoulder hurts because I'm old, although my medical records have some long winded terminology recorded on them, and no where does it actually say "old". It started bothering me 2-3 years ago, I went to the doc got some shots, did some PT, was doing just fine and then wrenched it falling down the stairs, it's just a little flared, not too bad. I'm also achy because it's going to rain, and darn if that old shoulder isn't more accurate than that morning weather girl on channel 8 (and a darn site less chipper and perky at this hour too).

Last edited by almeeker; 11-21-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
... the shoulder hurts because I'm old, although my medical records have some long winded terminology recorded on them, and no where does it actually say "old". It started bothering me 2-3 years ago, I went to the doc got some shots, did some PT, was doing just fine and then wrenched it falling down the stairs, it's just a little flared, not too bad. I'm also achy because it's going to rain, and darn if that old shoulder isn't more accurate than that morning weather girl on channel 8 (and a darn site less chipper and perky at this hour too).
For the record, you are not OLD!!! We're the same age, Missy so please curb your ageist remarks.

P.S. My hip hurts.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
I had a good Monday. I slept in a little too late to squeeze in a workout before work but other than that I rocked my health goals. I have a coworker who is revealing himself to be quite "sabotagey" by offering me candy, chocolate and trying to convince me to walk with him to a local bakery in the afternoon for cupcakes. I hate when I have to say no several times. I mean seriously if you are talking to someone who is clearly overweight, obviously rejecting your offering of candy, why oh why must you insist? "Oh come on, have this miniature Tootsie Roll. You do like Tootsie Rolls don't you?" Ugh!
Ugh, yes you gotta hate a saboteur, unfortunately it takes a while for the point to get across, and some people never get it. Good luck honey.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

1. Post calories and burn more than I eat. 1308 (net burn of 389)
2. Exercise 5 times. Ran 3 miles
3. Make good choices. 500 calories of cinnamon cake is not equivalent to sliced roasted chicken with veggies on whole grain bread with almonds for a snack. Yes- 2 hard candies were the only deviation from clean
4. Drink water, drink water, drink water. Yes
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
6. Do shoulder exercises. Totally forgot
7. Finish report and email it off, so I can really be on vacation . Yes!

Something wonderful that happened to me yesterday? Got all caught up on work, so now I can just enjoy some relaxation and family time.

Darlene, what an ordeal with your tank and basement. I hope you get it resolved soon.

Rose, good luck with that co-worker. Tootsie Rolls make me smile; we would sometimes have them as kids (my niece calls them chocolate chewing gum). But they could also be a gateway drug in the food world! Yes, it is very frustrating to have someone not get the hint. Maybe you could walk to a farmer's market instead? What's wrong with your hip? I hope it feels better soon.

Amy, nice job on goals. I feel ya on the shoulder. Do you do anything for it besides therapy? Mine still hurts and it's annoying that all these normal things I used to do now cause twinges of pain. And I agree; you're not old, 40 is the new 21, how about that?

Although I am thankful that whatever my massage therapist did seemed to whip my hip flexor back into shape; that was so bad I physically had to pick my leg up with my hands to cross my legs or put on the emergency brake in my car!

I hope you all have a wonderful morning! I'll be back later for moral support but right now I have to run to the store to pick up the things we forgot during the 2-hour ordeal yesterday!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Once again, I'm changing my weight goal. I know when I try to take in off too quickly I end up eventually crashing. So (going back to my original date of 11/06/11) I'm changing it from -18.5 to -25 but extending it out from 1/1/12 to 4/1/12. This will put me around -1 pound a week. Then I'll see if I can maintain that weight through the summer.

This Week:
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 1 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 4
3) Gallon of water I think so
4) 3000 calories deficient (not including Thanksgiving) -679
5) Walk 13 miles 2.5
6) 1 cheat day (Thanksgiving) clean
7) Gym x 3 0
8) 200 pushups 0
9) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes
b) Vitamin yes
c) Glucosamine yes

Non Health & Fitness
10) Write 2 policies 0
11) buy and install shocks (or struts, which ever is on the back) on GF's car

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-22-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Joanna, now you like like you're ready to go off on someone like a firecracker.

Darlene, I misunderstood what your were saying about the oil tank. Yeah we don't have them here but I can imagine that it would be a property hazard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.