Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Community

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mike, you're doing awesome! The BOGO was for the yogurt, silly . And the match was at 7 PM tonight, not 7 AM. I wouldn't move very well if I had to play that early. As it was, my left hip is killing me tonight; I was off my game, but that makes two sessions of exercise for me today, so I'm happy. Now, time for a shower and back to writing that report.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Great job Cassie.

Who's been MIA? Terri, Ann, Mern???
Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

The last of my company just left and I did really well! So glad that I changed the menu... everyone was happy. I even bought some fortune cookies for dessert. Did you know that you can buy La Choy Fortune Cookies that have only 130 calories for 5 of them?? I had one with my tea and I was fine with that. The kids loved them. I put out a shaker of red pepper flakes and they liked spicing their plates to their own taste... problem solved!

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th. 2 gone
2. Change my mental attitude (again) toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Yes, Yes
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Yes, Didn't need to today!

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 992, 1004
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes, Yes
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days. 0, 1
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! Yes, Yes

Old 11-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Good job on all the green and the -2#. The yellow is kinda hiding. I just noticed, no bread for you too.

I just had another big pile of broccoli. That makes 1 pound of broccoli alone.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-08-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

I totally made that General whatever-his-name-is chicken tonight for dinner - mmm, so yum! And there's plenty for the rest of the week, too!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

I. am. so. tired.

Just a quick check in, then I have to go to bed. Besides being tired, I'm pretty ravenous from my two rounds of tennis today. If I'm asleep, I can't eat, right?

1. 1300 calories or fewer. 996, 1291
2. Log everything. Yes, Yes
3. 3 sports bottles of water. Yes, Yes
4. Exercise 6 times. Weights, cardio tennis AM and tennis match PM
4a. Two runs
4b. Two weights One down
5. Eat clean. Yes, Yes
6. Follow my pie chart guidelines. Fair, Yes
7. Sleep at least 7 hours. 6.5, 7
7a. No caffeine after 3 PM. Yes, Yes
7b. Turn off electronics 30 min before bedtime. 20 min., No, I can't wait to go to bed!
8. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
9. Shoulder exercises every day. Yes, Yes
10. Get on the scale every day. Yes, Yes
11. Post everything eaten if deviating from plan (avoiding embarrassment = powerful motivator). Nothing to report!

12. Put pansies in before the rain due Wednesday. Done
13. Finish parental fitness eval. Done!
14. Catch up spreadsheet.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:30 PM
FitDay Member

Mike Good job on the veggies.

Quinn Another great day for you!

Cassie Double exercise day you should sleep great.

I drug my bottom onto the treadmill and also did my abs, squats and pushups very begrudgingly today but at least they got done. I am taking my parents to a quaint town about 40k from here tomorrow they have a sweet little British store and a strip of cute touristy stores to browse I think they will like it. I hope the weather is better than today was so we can walk the waterfront after lunch it’s hard to come up with things to do with them in bad weather.
Hope you all have a great Wednesday.

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Treadmill
Gym 2 days: M=N, T=N
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1201, T=1288
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -1024, T=-823
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y, T=N
Keep food opinions to myself (other than here): M=Y, T=Y
Old 11-08-2011, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

Healthy Goals

1. Calories 1,400 M-T-W-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,570, 1,451
2. 100 oz water. Y,Y
3. Protein 25% or higher. 21%, 26%
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -690, -1,278 (total -1,968)
5. Exercise 7 hours. 55 min, 1:15 (total 0:55)
6. Log everything, and report on this thread. Y,Y
7. Report my weight right here. 157.4, 157.2, 158.8
8. Limit cheating to a single meal, of normal size and duration. Ate clean, just too many baked beans. Ate clean.

Other Stuff

1. Deal with flower pots. N, N raining
2. Deal with squash. Y, baked 7 butternut squash. Y, baked 8 butternut squash.
3. Housekeeping 1 hour/day + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY
4. Start Christmas list and update wish list. N,N
5. Call grans. N,N
6. Make orthodontist appointments, no more stalling. N,N

Ugh, all I can say on the calories is that there is some possibility that my meatloaf is lower in calories than the one in the data base, the scale dipped anyway.

It's done nothing but rain here for the last 48 hours. So Wednesday Walkers will probably be canceled, bummer.

You guys are totally cracking me up this morning, which I really need on account of the nonstop rain. Mike I think you need to post a pic of you with your veggie pimp cane, I'll print it off and put it on my fridge if you do. Keep me from going back into it for the leftover baked beans. OMG they were so good I did the final simmer with beer. Now DH wants another batch with porter! I'll have to remember to make them overnight, daytime KILLED me. It was almost worse than baking cookies, watching the food network and having PMS - all at the same time.

Darlene you get the BIDIA award for yesterday, in case you've not seen that before it stands for But-I-Did-It-Anyway, for hauling your butt to the dreadmill and making it happen, begrudgingly or otherwise. I felt that way myself this morning, the last 15 minutes of that workout were soooo stinking long it's not even funny.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. No extra salt on my plate M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. Walk on lunches unless it is actually raining (regardless of what I am wearing) M: Yes, T: Yes,
5. Work out 3 times, W-F W: Yes, lifted and workout 50min,

Life goals...
1. Leave for work by 6:40AM M: 7:00AM, T: 6:38AM, W: 6:52AM,
2. Don't get frustrated by youngest son M: Yes, T: Yes

I feel really bad when the rest of you are doing so well to report that I had a serious pulled pork incident last night. I am up 3.4lbs as a result. Now logically speaking I know that most of that is sodium weight as that stuff is killer on the sodium but it still doesn't feel good. I was so bloated last night that I just wanted to sleep. And I couldn't get enough water to drink. Probably due to all the salt! Ughhh! I got up this morning and sent the hubby off to work though and then I hit up the weight machine and then worked out for another 40 mins with my usual exercises including dumbbells. I have been making an effort to emphasize my squats too. I realized how half-hearted they were in the past and have stepped that up. I will take care of this extra weight and if I have my way about it, it will be by Friday. There! Now on with the rest of my day...

Mike I am completely loving the excited you this week! And how awesome is it that you saved someone $600/yr on their insurance! When I switched companies about 4 yrs ago I saved almost $1000/yr between home, auto, ATV & camper insurance policies. And I love my new agent. I call the office and ask for a specific girl and she knows everything about me and my policies. My old agent had no clue who I was and that matters so much to me that I would pay extra just to have that benefit.

Amy ... I think the flovent is similar to the one you are taking. His is 2 puffs morning and night as a preventative. The singulair they said he could discontinue if he wanted to. He takes Claritin during high allergy times. He is more about trying to control it himself without relying on the meds. I have to give him credit for that. He is convinced that if he takes them while he doesn't really need them that when he does need them that they won't work for him. .... Oh and baked beans? I just got roped into bringing them for our Christmas dinner at work. The only good thing is that my hubby makes our beans and he will mix them up for me the night before and I can just turn the crock pot on when I get here to work. And hopefully they will all get eaten up!

Quinn ... You did great on your goals even with having company for dinner. You rocked it!

Joanna ... Good for you on tackling that recipe! I know you said before you don't cook much. .... How are you holding up during everything that is going on at PSU right now? Hope it isn't affecting your schooling.

Cassie ... Wow tennis twice in one day! No wonder you are tired.

Darlene ... I agree with Amy...you get the BIDIA for yesterday's exercise. You sound like you have a wonderful day planned with your parents.

..... Now a question for all of you from our missing little love MH... what can she do to help her past eating every 3 or 4 hrs because she is having withdrawals from not coming here? I suggested when she wants to eat to ... walk the dog, drink water, take a nap, chew sugar free gum. Any body have any other suggestions for her?
Old 11-09-2011, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
I totally made that General whatever-his-name-is chicken tonight for dinner - mmm, so yum! And there's plenty for the rest of the week, too!
Glad you liked it! My 28 y/o was over last night and usually hates anything that is labeled WW or "diet" so we didn't tell him. After dinner, he told me how much he liked it and asked for the recipe! Score one for Mom! I made a triple batch with brown rice, stir-fried veggies and fortune cookies and I had no leftovers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.