Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Can't believe it's only Tuesday. Seems like a week since I posted this! Scales was down this morning. Looking forward to official weigh in tomorrow.

No stiffness after curling so fitness is paying off.

Calorie defecit of 1000 per day. Yes
Bike ride each day the sun shines Yes
Y times 3 Heading there now
Drink 100 oz water daily Y,
Green tea -- 6 cups a day, 4,
Sit in front of my happy light for 30 minutes any day I don't get sunshine. (Sounds better than my grow lights) Sunshine,
Decide whether to paint walls and do floors before Christmas. Still thinking
Old 11-08-2011, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Thanks for the explanation; it makes sense, I guess. I still would like to use my agent as a dartboard, however. Instead of explaining it, like you did, she pats me on the head and makes me feel like I'm too stupid to chew gum. Double the value still seems crazy to me, though.

Within the past two weeks, I've reworked my auto and home insurance, fought with my mom's health insurance carrier to get her medical bills paid, researched new cable, internet and phone plans and last night my husband dumped the paperwork in my lap for a new health insurance company that his employer is switching to the first of the year... UGGHH!!!!!!

Then, when I got home today after dealing with a bunch of elder care issues, (Cassie will appreciate this...) I found a summons for jury duty in my mail box... AGAIN!!!! Remember last year???

Time to live under the bridge with my kitties.... LOL.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mike,

Thanks for the explanation; it makes sense, I guess. I still would like to use my agent as a dartboard, however. Instead of explaining it, like you did, she pats me on the head and makes me feel like I'm too stupid to chew gum. Double the value still seems crazy to me, though.

Within the past two weeks, I've reworked my auto and home insurance, fought with my mom's health insurance carrier to get her medical bills paid, researched new cable, internet and phone plans and last night my husband dumped the paperwork in my lap for a new health insurance company that his employer is switching to the first of the year... UGGHH!!!!!!

Then, when I got home today after dealing with a bunch of elder care issues, (Cassie will appreciate this...) I found a summons for jury duty in my mail box... AGAIN!!!! Remember last year???

Time to live under the bridge with my kitties.... LOL.
Awww how sweet, you and Cassie can become "roommates" under the bridge. J/K Well I'm glad that I was able to have it make some sense. Under insuring a home could put the agent in a bad predicament if there's a claim. If you think that building your come from scratch, in todays numbers would cost considerably less than it's insured for, check to see if there is any way to adjust the replacement costs.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Default another update mh style

Guess who had no bread yesterday... ME! That's right Quinn eat your heart out. I've been super busy so I'm just not sitting down to eat lunch. I've already had 2 serving of veggies and I'm about to have a big pile of broccoli (170g) with my lunch. So I'll be at 4 when I finish lunch. I'll have an apple after I work out and some veggies for dinner. That's right I'll be at 6, if not more!! That's how you do this, hardcore veggie eating style. I'm like a veggie pimp or veggie gangster. I've got the veggies bowing down to me b/c I've made them my b!tch.

Insert Talladega Nights funny here > Who needs Mountain Dew to kicks ass? Chip, I'm jacked up on broccoli and baby carrots and I'm ready to kicked your ass!!!!

How was that? I think I'm enjoying being all pumped and hyped up like mh. I think she's going to have her work cut out for her when she comes back. That's why you should never go on vacation, she's going to come back to work and I'll be sitting at her desk with my feet propped up. (BTW that was all meant figuratively)

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-08-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
In other news, did any of you see that one of the activities under walking is "walking to and from the outhouse"? I mean, grew up without indoor plumbing, so I did that often, but really? I'm sure it's about the same calorie burn as general walking...
Unless you're in a big fat drunken hurry and have to run with your legs crossed, in your nightgown and bunny slippers, uphill in both directions and it's the frozen north because that's your crazy brother's idea of "family bonding".
Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

{{{Laughing hysterically}}} Veggie pimp! Veggie gangster! Do you have your cane? lolololol!!!!!

Oh, my sides hurt !

Well, I hit the frozen yogurt for lunch today, but I planned ahead (son went to the dentist next door, I had a BOGO coupon; it seemed like fate), so I think I'm okay. Getting ready to have a nice dinner and then I have a match at 7. If you eat it, burn it off, is my new motto!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Amy ... what meds do you take for your asthma. My son had been on neb treatments since he was 15 months old until he was like 7 yrs old. Now he takes Singulair tablets & Flovent inhaler but only when I can convince him that he is using his rescue inhaler too often. He takes Ventolin (Albuterol) as his rescue inhaler. He keeps it fairly well controlled except during these season changes. Then he adds the Flovent but only until he stops needing to use his Ventolin. Then he stops it again. He is stubborn but very intelligent and can't see the reason to take meds in his body that he doesn't need and I can't convince him otherwise. He is 14 and knows how his body feels though. ... A few years back I was diagnosed with reactive airway disease which basically means if I get a bad cold or bronchitis I can react with asthma symptoms. I had to take Advair for a few weeks to get it cleared up but 3 months in I was ready to take anything after 3 types of antibiotics, 2 courses or steroids, chest xrays and lung function tests. LOL Haven't been sick since....knock on wood!
Every day I take Xyzal, Pulmicort, Nasonex, Benadryl and Singulair. The Xyzal is pretty much like Zyrtec only with zero side effects. Since my asthma is triggered by allergies, the antihistemens help keep my symptoms at bay longer. I take Benadryl at bedtime when my allergies are bad, otherwise I don't need it. I wonder if his Flovent is like my Pulmicort? I occasionally can go off the Pulmicort, it's an inhaled medication and I can take from 1-4 puffs 2x daily. When my symptoms are nil, I might be at 0-1 puff before bed, when I'm in a flare I'm at 4 in the morning and counting the minutes until I can take another 4 at night. I don't take Albuterol anymore, I take MaxAir. Unless I'm really sick, Albuterol makes my heart race like mad. Which is probably why the doc likes to see my asthma well controlled rather than have me use the rescue inhaler too often. I don't use a neb unless I feel like I need to be admitted to the hospital, but when I do use it I put Xopenex and Pulmicort in it.

For years I spent every fall like you described, one antibiotic after another, cough cough cough all night long, it was awful. Then one day a nurse practitioner said "good grief you've had 6 sinus infections in less than a year, I think you might be an asthmatic with allergies". I've been a whole lot better ever since. For me the drug regimen is an absolute necessity, without it I would be dead or looking death right in the eye. It's sort of scary to think that I'm that dependent on my meds, but I suppose it's not any different than being a diabetic.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Can't believe it's only Tuesday. Seems like a week since I posted this! Scales was down this morning. Looking forward to official weigh in tomorrow.

No stiffness after curling so fitness is paying off.

Calorie defecit of 1000 per day. Yes
Bike ride each day the sun shines Yes
Y times 3 Heading there now
Drink 100 oz water daily Y,
Green tea -- 6 cups a day, 4,
Sit in front of my happy light for 30 minutes any day I don't get sunshine. (Sounds better than my grow lights) Sunshine,
Decide whether to paint walls and do floors before Christmas. Still thinking
Great job so far. Fitness does pay off.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
{{{Laughing hysterically}}} Veggie pimp! Veggie gangster! Do you have your cane? lolololol!!!!!

Oh, my sides hurt !

Well, I hit the frozen yogurt for lunch today, but I planned ahead (son went to the dentist next door, I had a BOGO coupon; it seemed like fate), so I think I'm okay. Getting ready to have a nice dinner and then I have a match at 7. If you eat it, burn it off, is my new motto!
I need to find my cane. I love BOGO coupons for the dentist. Nothing like going in and expecting to have one tooth drilled and you find out that they'll drill a second one for FREE!!!!!!!!! Match at 7, that's early. You must get up at the crack of dawn like Amy.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Guess what the Veggie Pimp is doing RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?! Drinking a can of Low Sodium V8. That's right, this can is packed with 2 servings of veggie pimpness! I'm going to get in 8 or more serving today. In the past Bart Simpson would hide his Butterfingers from me, now I have Bugs Bunny hiding his carrots! I got this WHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All aboard the WIN Train. Who's in for an adventure of EPIC WIN?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Tonight is too damn muggy for being November! I'm walking chloe while wearing heavy shorts. I can feel my big monster thighs rubbing and I forgot to put on body glide. oh well, I'm putting in miles. Oh yeah... Guess who wrote a policy and saved the client $600/yr?!?!?! Me!!! Let's hear about everyone else's successes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.