Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:13 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah I started my weekend 16k, 2.8k out of the way. I am hoping the weather cooperates tomorrow I enjoy walking outside more than the treadmill. I am up and out early tomorrow I am taking my Mom to a farmers market so nice weather would be a plus for that also. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Treadmill, W=Walk, T=Hike, F=Circuit Training,Walk
Gym 2 days: M=N, T=N, W=N, T=N, F=Y
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1201, T=1288, W=1138, T=1204, F=1050
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -1024, T=-823, W=-826, T=-992, F=-1208
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y, T=N, W=N, T=N, F=Y
Keep food opinions to myself (other than here): M=Y, T=Y, W=N, T=Y, F=Y
Walk 16k Fri/Sun: F=2.8
Old 11-11-2011, 11:27 PM
FitDay Member

Friday Report

Healthy Goals

1. Calories 1,400 M-T-W-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,570, 1,451, 1,382, 1,464, 1,681
2. 100 oz water. Y,Y,Y,N,N
3. Protein 25% or higher. 21%, 26%, 21%, 23%, 12%
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -690, -1,278, -1,244, -659, -201 (total -4,072)
5. Exercise 7 hours. 55 min, 1:15 min, 1:15 min, 0min, )min (total 3:25)
6. Log everything, and report on this thread. Y,Y,Y,Y,Y
7. Report my weight right here. 157.4, 157.2, 156.8, 156, 155.6, 156.6
8. Limit cheating to a single meal, of normal size and duration. Ate clean, just too many baked beans. Ate clean. Ate clean, Ate clean. Um, I had cookies, but worked hard to keep the rest of the day in check.

Other Stuff

1. Deal with flower pots. N, N raining, N raining, N SNOWING!!! More Snow.
2. Deal with squash. Y, baked 7 butternut squash. Y, baked 8 butternut squash. N,N,N
3. Housekeeping 1 hour/day + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY, NY, YY, NN
4. Start Christmas list and update wish list. N,N,N,N,N
5. Call grans. N,N,N,Y, and it was lovely too.
6. Make orthodontist appointments, no more stalling. N,N,N,Y

No time to chat this morning, swim meet in like 2 hours, and I have to hit the gym beforehand if I'm going to make it happen today. I'm now Head Marshal, I didn't even have the opportunity to volunteer as I was already typed up and printed on the swim club paperwork . Oh well, I wouldn't have changed it given the chance, so it's all good. I finally have found another mom to marshal with me, and the best part is that her kids are all boys, so we can swap out and will be able to watch our own kids race. In the past I only ever had moms with girls, so sometimes I actually missed my own kids racing and well that ruins it for me.

I don't know if I'll be able to get in 10 miles this weekend, but I can try. I was actually planning to lift this morning at the gym, and I don't know if walking is an option for tomorrow, we have church in the morning and a big fat 4-H meeting in the afternoon, which I'm unfortunately running and not prepared for yet. Yikes! Well I gotta git going, Walmart opens in 4 minutes and I have to pick up swim caps before I hit the gym at 8:00. Hugs to my lovelies (that means you too Mike), and I'll catch up with y'all later.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

180.4#

I'm down 4.8# so far.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome job Mike. I was up a pound this morning, but I did not get in all my water yesterday and I ate salty tortilla chips, so not a surprise there. I was also over in calories, but not enough to have gained a pound. As long as I can keep my cheat tonight from getting completely out of hand I should be down again by Monday or Tuesday. Oh, and I went for 3 miles on the dread at the gym today. I don't think 10 miles is feasible for me this weekend, but I might make 6 or 7. It's going to depend on the weather tomorrow morning.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Awesome job Mike. I was up a pound this morning, but I did not get in all my water yesterday and I ate salty tortilla chips, so not a surprise there. I was also over in calories, but not enough to have gained a pound. As long as I can keep my cheat tonight from getting completely out of hand I should be down again by Monday or Tuesday. Oh, and I went for 3 miles on the dread at the gym today. I don't think 10 miles is feasible for me this weekend, but I might make 6 or 7. It's going to depend on the weather tomorrow morning.
6 or 7 is good. I just took Chloe' for a 4.41mi. walk. the weight will come back off just don't let your cheat take over.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Well, my jaw dropped this morning; I was down 2 pounds. If it sticks (which, law of averages says it won't), I only have 1.6 pounds left to go to get to my preferred weight; as it is, I'm back into my comfort zone by half a pound. This could go either way; I could be motivated by it or my brain could totally subconsciously take this and run rampant with it, thinking that I've got it under control (um, obviously I never do). So, not changing anything; I'm going to hold strong over the weekend and see what Monday brings on the scale. I have had the thought in the past that, oh, I can lose control today; I always get it back, but that's really not a good line of thinking for me and should be used only in case of emergency.

Fortunately we can have dinner at home; the options for lunch at the tourney weren't great, but we found a Mellow Mushroom and I had a salad and one slice. Going to grill some chicken with yams and broccoli for dinner and lift weights later; my remaining five miles will have to wait till tomorrow.

Enjoy your busy day, Amy; way to hold strong in the face of cookies. Good job stopping before it's too late; I need to work on that myself.

Darlene, nice job getting the miles in this morning. I hope you have some nice weather to be out in tomorrow!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome job on the loss Cassie.

I have a great idea, or at least I think it's great. Many of us, if not all , struggle over the weekend. I always struggle, as much as I want to say I'm busy, that's not true. I work m-f, I have plenty of time to walk... whatever.

I think the problem is that as much as we are all here to motivate each other, I lose the accountability part of it on the weekend. I rarely post an update on Sunday b/c I feel like... who's gonna see it? I think what we should do (at least I will), come Monday do a weekly recap. Everyone is here on Monday but it's a ghost town come Sunday. I'll post what goals I hit, which ones I missed, how my week went, etc. Then I'll post the new goals.

Thought, opinions?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

I need the accountability on weekends. I also wish it were a little busier, but you're right; some weekends there are just crickets chirping, and I know that people get busy running around. Personally, if I'm not posting, it means I've screwed up. I think the best thing for me is to post, even if no one reads or responds. I have had the thought, "Oh well, I just won't post" and then gone off the deep end. So, I'll be posting (I hope!), but the rest of y'all should just do what you feel comfortable with. Mike, if a Monday report is good for you, by all means do it! This Monday is crazy for me, so I may not be on till evening.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah Cassie, I know what you mean.

Pizza Hut just came with two large pizzas. I'm not touching them. I may go this entire week without a cheat... may.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

You're doing a GREAT job this week Mike, keep up the good work!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.