Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Roll call, who had a mammogram or scheduled one this month?
Sorry dude, not me. My regular visit is in February? Or some such. So unless there is an issue beforehand, I won't be scheduled for a mammogram until after that visit. Last year I got a free pass because age-wise I'm on the cusp of necessary and there was a big study in the headlines about too much radiation being harmful, and I've had TONS and TONS of x-rays, so doc said "not you, not this year anyway". I also don't do self exams, it's not that I'm opposed, it's just that DH takes that job a lot more seriously than I would.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Roll call--I had a mammogram this past May. No problems. Quinn, I almost forgot you and I did mammos the same month.

We had fourteen trick-or-treaters last night. I fell prey to one Kit Kat candy bar after being good all day until about 10PM. Not good, but I could have done a whole lot worse.

Anna Louise, do you live in an apartment? I'd get maybe two trick-or-treaters when I was single and lived in an apartment--hated missing out on the fun of passing out candy then. Congrats on your bike exercise. Your dinner of halibut and steamed broccoli sounds yummy--I love them both. A lot of diet plans I've seen recommend weighing either once a week or weighing daily and recording the average weight for the week as one's official weight to allow consideration of daily fluctuation for one reason or another--often water retention due to sodium, women's time of the month (pardon my bluntness), etc. I've also seen it recommended to (again pardon my bluntness) to weigh at the same time every morning, naked, before eating or drinking anything, and after voiding one's bladder (and bowels if one is so lucky as to be that regular.)

Mike, I do have a lot on my plate with family stuff going on right now, but before I went to bed last night I vowed to get up early to exercise before getting my grandkids off to school today. Good thing I did because DH's hospitalized brother was diagnosed with a heart problem last night so I'll be back at the hospital instead of at the Y today. You know how that saying goes: "Where there's a will, there's a way." Congrats on the tennis and on keeping your pimp hand strong. LOL

Ann, welcome back. Feel better soon!

mhibdon said "I would hate to be the cause of psychological distress! Unless there is a lurker who is a tall, muscular butch. Then I'll cause you distress any day." LOL, you gave me a huge chuckle.

Darlene, thanks for the welcome back. The Kit Kat I ate didn't sit too well with me, either. Don't know whether it was physical or psychological, but my stomach was bothering me shortly after I ate it. That one candy bar is 27 grams of carbs, putting me at 46 grams for the whole day, and I'm onlly supposed to have 25 grams all day in order to manage my blood sugar without medication.

nottheactress, very nice report yesterday. Great attitude--giving yourself credit for additional good accomplishments is one of the keys to success.

Main80, nice Monday report. LOL on Mike picking fights with people because I wasn't around. Maybe I need to threaten him with my dominatrix whip again. LOL

Mary, I love how you put things in a nutshell--like your plan for this week. Must be the attorney in you--short and to the point.

Amy, you are the busiest Mom I know! Not kidding! You are amazing--such lucky kids to have you for a Mom! You didn't have much time to BREATHE yesterday! Good for you on getting your kids to school fully clothed. LOL

My Monday report is not great except that I was under limit on calories and just very slightly over in cholesterol, but I'll fess up to the bad stuff even though it was Halloween. HOWEVER tomorrow I think I'll follow Amy and post my numbers as Tuesday through Saturday to put yesterday more in my memory's past.

Calories-target 1600, actual 1498
Sat fat target 10% total calories, actual a whopping 21%
Carbs less fiber target 25g, actual a whopping 46g
Fiber target 30g, actual only 15g
Cholesterol average 300mg per day, actual 306mg--can easily make up for that.
Water probably 40 oz.--not horrible
Exercise--day off

Last edited by Mern; 11-01-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Main80, nice Monday report. LOL on Mike picking fights with people because I wasn't around. Maybe I need to threaten him with my dominatrix whip again. LOL
Careful, you're going to scare mhibidon! Oh wait, you're not lurking or tall LOL. Mike was picking fights, but not anymore than usual.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, you are the busiest Mom I know! Not kidding! You are amazing--such lucky kids to have you for a Mom! You didn't have much time to BREATHE yesterday! Good for you on getting your kids to school fully clothed. LOL

My Monday report is not great except that I was under limit on calories and just very slightly over in cholesterol, but I'll fess up to the bad stuff even though it was Halloween. HOWEVER tomorrow I think I'll follow Amy and post my numbers as Tuesday through Saturday to put yesterday more in my memory's past.
I'm not the busiest mom ever, that would be my friend Jo. She and her hubby have 4 fantastic biological kids and then 7-8 years ago her sister passed away and they've since adopted her 2 nieces. 6 kids in one very small house, and Jo works full time from home.

I like your Halloween strategy. Personally I'm finding if I can keep from eating the candy I do a lot better. I don't have your will power to stop at 1,2 or 4 pieces. Once the candy seal is broken, I'm a goner. I ate so much candy on Saturday/Sunday that I had the jitters and couldn't sleep.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Main80 Dec 10th is hubbys Christmas party I will be dancing.

Mern Sorry to hear about your brother in law. I didn’t even look at the carbs in my twix 25g of carbs must be very challenging to do I average 100-150g fruit is my main culprit.

Amy I hope you get a restful day today and the chance to catch up on your chores.

It sounds like you all had great Halloween celebrations

I am off for a hike around the lake its cold but the sun is shinning so it should be really pretty. I was excited to have another 2lb drop today so its making me feel like my goal date is actually attainable.

Have a great day everyone, stay away from that candy no good can come of it.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Careful, you're going to scare mhibidon!...
Haha, oh honey, I know my way around a dungeon
Old 11-01-2011, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

no whips for me.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hey booboos! I had to edit my goals. I am having to learn my limits, and I would much rather lose the weight super slowly, than to go all crazy and be like "I'M GOING TO CUT ALLLLL THE CARBS" ya know? So this is going to be a rebuilding week, since last week knocked the wind out of my sails and I am still sick

Goals:
1. 3L of WATER (not coffee!): No
2. 3 Laps with Steg:No
3. 100 situps: No
4. Minimum 500 deficit: 425
5. C25K 3 times per week: No
6. Take Vitamin: No
Old 11-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Hey booboos! I had to edit my goals. I am having to learn my limits, and I would much rather lose the weight super slowly, than to go all crazy and be like "I'M GOING TO CUT ALLLLL THE CARBS" ya know? So this is going to be a rebuilding week, since last week knocked the wind out of my sails and I am still sick

Goals:
1. 3L of WATER (not coffee!): No
2. 3 Laps with Steg:No
3. 100 situps: No
4. Minimum 500 deficit: 425
5. C25K 3 times per week: No
6. Take Vitamin: No
Um yeah, I still have no goals. Bulking isn't going too well, it's just given me an excuse to eat everything in site. I think I may start back trying to lose fat again next week. One of these days I'll figure out how to bulk the right way.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Hi folks, I'm having a lot of trouble keeping up here. I've got some computer issues as of yesterday afternoon...my modem cuts out every ten minutes or so and when it doesn't, the loading of pages is arduously slow. At this point I'm limited to necessity (checking and responding to emails); hopefully I'll be back up by the end of the week when we have some time to take a look at it; cursory inspection did not yield an obvious problem. Hope you all are doing well and carry on with a great week!

P.S. Mike: I'm scheduled for my yearly on Monday and will get my mammo referral there!

Good news, relatedly, though;I got the results from my physical and my doc said, "Whatever you are doing, don't change anything!!" My lipid panel was great, my EKG was lovely (they do one bcs of the SVT history) and my RHR was 53. The doc came back in with it in her hand and said, "Are you a runner?" I'm not a serious runner, but I love being asked that .

Catch you all when my IT issues are straightened out! Gotta run before I get kicked and lose this post!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.