Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

MAIN80, you are killing it with the calories this weekend...wish I had your self-discipline in that regard.

Darlene, enjoy your dinner with your parents. Sounds like you have a good plan with the hike around the lake; good thinking!

Check in:

1. 1200 calories or fewer daily. 1195
2. 3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes
3. Exercise 3 times. One down
4. Take all vitamins and supplements daily. Yes
5. Log everything. Yes
6. Do shoulder exercises daily. Yes
7. Plant bulbs. Not yet
8. Finish competency eval. Almost there
9. Begin parental fitness eval. Not yet
10. Choose new credit card (research it!). Did a lot of research

Have a great Saturday, all. I'll be back later in an effort to stay on track .
Old 11-05-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, sorry about being so quiet, guys! Still sick and achy Doing all the chores ever today in the hopes that a clean environment will help. Dog park time until 5, then more cleaning, then get to cheer on my bffffff in her rock climbing competition that she organized! Whoo!

Working on some goals and meal plans today and tomorrow before I have to log off for a week.
Rough draft:
1. NO bread.
2. 6 servings of veggies
3. Two servings of fruit
4. Protein powder is my friend. Take it on a date and learn how to make it creamy.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default I got the best compliment today!

I was talking with someone a few days ago and quoted their car insurance. Well he doesn't speak very good English and he wanted to get together face to face. I think he had an issue with identity theft in the past. We I scheduled to meet him in my New Orleans office this morning. He's this little Chinese man and he has his some with him. He had a million and one questions and wanted me to run a bunch of different scenarios. I spent a good bit of time with him, explained everything in plain English (no pun intended), b/c I know how confusing this stuff can be. We finally discuss what his best option is and I write the auto policy. I discuss him opening up an account at a local credit union to get an affinity discount on his new auto policy and his existing home policy. Well when all is said and done I ended up saving him just over $3,000 a year. We take the elevator down together and when we get down to the parking lot he stopped me to tell me something. It looked as if he was about to cry. He tells me "You are a miracle for me, since my son got his license the insurance has been too high. I prayed to God to help me with this, and then I got your phone call. I am so glad I met you and thank you for helping my family out." It was about all I could do to hold back. All I could tell him was "Thank you for your business and for helping my family out." Clients like this make me proud to be an insurance agent!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Not letting the thread die on a Saturday

Mary, its great that you have your motivation back! You are so right about being in control of the choices we make. Hope you have a great weekend as well.

Cassie! Ah, I wish I had YOUR discipline with exercise, it has been quite a while since I have had an all green calorie week, I even think I might actually make the weekend calorie goal. I don't know its one of those not hungry times... Your weekend goals are looking pretty good.

mhibdon, thats a lot of veggies but can surely be done! Hope you recover completely and have a great week (without us). I have also spent all morning cleaning...

Mike, thats a really beautiful story and a very grateful client to say such kind words to you. I think most people just keep those kind of things to themselves even when they feel as grateful.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all, I did pretty badly on my goals -

Only exercised 3x, 30 min each time.
Ate way too much Halloween candy and also ate stuffed pizza 5 times this week!!! I also went to a baby shower yesterday and had chips and guac and tacos and torte de tres leches (yUMMMM).

I tend to over eat during the work just from stress, habit, and being locked into a strict time schedule--I can't eat when I'm hungry, I have to eat when i'm schedule. I guess. On the plus side, the past 3-4 weeks I've been so tired and not recovering over the weekend. This week I only got 70% exhausted instead of 100% and I actually felt really good today and did a whole lot of house cleaning (why does it never end!).
Old 11-05-2011, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all, I did pretty badly on my goals -

Only exercised 3x, 30 min each time.
Ate way too much Halloween candy and also ate stuffed pizza 5 times this week!!! I also went to a baby shower yesterday and had chips and guac and tacos and torte de tres leches (yUMMMM).

I tend to over eat during the work just from stress, habit, and being locked into a strict time schedule--I can't eat when I'm hungry, I have to eat when i'm schedule. I guess. On the plus side, the past 3-4 weeks I've been so tired and not recovering over the weekend. This week I only got 70% exhausted instead of 100% and I actually felt really good today and did a whole lot of house cleaning (why does it never end!).
Old 11-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

1. 1200 calories or fewer daily. 1195, 1198
2. 3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes (but only if I can count 24 oz. herbal tea in that)
3. Exercise 3 times. One down, Two down
4. Take all vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, Yes
5. Log everything. Yes, Yes
6. Do shoulder exercises daily. Yes, Yes
7. Plant bulbs. Not yet
8. Finish competency eval. Almost there
9. Begin parental fitness eval. Started it
10. Choose new credit card (research it!). Did a lot of research; hubby's dragging his feet on giving his opinion, grr.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:31 PM
FitDay Member

Well my walk around the lake turned into a craft fairNot my favorite past time but my mom and daughter had a great time but no exercise for me craft people move like snails from one exhibit to the next so calories burned = 84 I did buy some awesome local soup mixes which I am excited to try. I ended up with extra dinner guests which was fine I had a huge prime rib that everyone seemed to enjoy. I ate to much and probably shouldn't have had the second glass of wine since I need to be up at 7am but it was fun and I am enjoying having my parents with us. I am off to bed and I will try not to dwell on my red Saturday talk to you all tomorrow.

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk/Stairs, T=Hike, W=Aerobics, T=Hike, F=Walk, S= N
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=N
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N, F=Y, S=N
Calories less than 1400: M= 1190, T= 1250, W=1241, T=1033, F=1297, S=1497
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1105, T= -932, W= -726, T= -1167, F= -700, S= -472
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y, T=Y, W=N, T= Y, F=N, S=N
Keep food opinions to myself (other than here): M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, F=Y
Old 11-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Darlene, you still seem to have had a great day...1497 is certainly nothing to sneeze at, especially when surrounded by all that delicious food! Plus more dinner guests means fewer leftovers to tempt you, right? I had to laugh at your description of craft people at exhibits. I know they all aren't like that and know several that go at breakneck speed, but one of my crafty friends is a turtle in human clothing sometimes and she popped right into my head! Whenever we go out I feel like I want to give her IV coffee or put ice down her back; she's a fairly young woman, too, mid-40s (lol, to me, that's young).

At any rate, glad you're enjoying your family. That's what it's about.

Quinn, did you get a chance to get out yesterday? Or find some kickin' boots? Hope so!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-06-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Quinn, did you get a chance to get out yesterday? Or find some kickin' boots? Hope so!
LOL... No, on both counts. I ended up working at a fundraiser during the morning and by the time I got done, the weather had turned nasty.

Did my online boot shopping and found a cute pair that was available at my local store. So, I went and tried them on and hubby vetoed them. I usually wear a bit of a heel most of the time because of our height difference... otherwise, he rests his arms on top of my head . I'm trying to find a flat, knee boot that's still fashionable and it's proving to be hard. Most of them look like an elf, Santa or a biker... none of which are a good look for me.

I've been in the same boat as you this weekend. Spending large amounts of time researching options for my cable/internet/phone bundle, which is about to expire. Husband is about as helpful as mud. I'd like to get rid of my landline, altogether, but I'm having a difficult time pulling my husband into the 21st century. No one ever calls us on it anymore, except for our parents and I'm sure that, if forced, they could probably dial a cell number. Right now, I'm paying for 4 phone numbers (3 cell and our home) and I think it's totally ridiculous. If you find a way to get your husband involved in the credit card issue, let me know. Mine just grunts and pretends he's listening when I've been trying to get his input for two days. Maybe if I said that I was getting rid of ESPN, he'd perk up.... LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.