Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I decided that I'd have more time today so I hopped my big ass up on the scale and I took some pics. The results... 185.2#!!!!!!

By January 1st, 2012 (roughly 7 weeks) I will lose 18.5 pounds. That's 10% of my body weight with Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner. I set my January 1st goal weight at 166.6#. I will go from a mini keg to a solid 4 pack. I can easily drop 18.5 pounds, but can I do it in less than 2 months??? My diet will have to be in place and my activity level needs to be through the roof. I'll increase my walking, which will be difficult for me in the winter. This southern boy isn't use to the cold.

January 1st goals:
Lose 18.5 pounds (-10% body weight)
Increase Squat and Deadlifts weight by 10% (without more injuring to my back)
Walk 100 miles (this may be a little much, I may have to rethink this goal)
Go to the gym 25 times
1 cheat meal, or snack (not cheat DAY) per week

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-06-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, I decided that I'd have more time today so I hopped my big ass up on the scale and I took some pics. The results... 185.2#!!!!!!

By January 1st, 2012 (roughly 7 weeks) I will lose 18.5 pounds. That's 10% of my body weight with Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner. I set my January 1st goal weight at 166.6#. I will go from a mini keg to a solid 4 pack. I can easily drop 18.5 pounds, but can I do it in less than 2 months??? My diet will have to be in place and my activity level needs to be through the roof. I'll increase my walking, which will be difficult for me in the winter. This southern boy isn't use to the cold.

January 1st goals:
Lose 18.5 pounds (-10% body weight)
Increase Squat and Deadlifts weight by 10% (without more injuring to my back)
Walk 100 miles (this may be a little much, I may have to rethink this goal)
Go to the gym 25 times
1 cheat meal, or snack (not cheat DAY) per week
Oh no! Now you're scaring me to get on the scale!!! I will tomorrow, I promise. I know I've gained... I can feel it in my clothes. Your goals look tough, but doable. I've seen you lose weight quickly before (much to the chagrin of the ladies on here! ) so I know you can do it. We'll stick together right through Thanksgiving (...more turkey and veggies; less stuffing!) and there WILL BE NO MORE WEIGHT GAIN FOR EITHER OF US BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! Thanksgiving is only one meal, not a bunch of meals, right?

As far as walking in the cold... put on your warmest jacket, your fuzziest socks and for Pete's sake, wear something warm on your head and get out there. Your cold is what... 50? When the windchill is -25 here, that's cold!

Some day we'll learn, Buddy... Sad that we are firmly back in weight-loss mode rather than maintenance, but that's ok. No more snickers and fries for me. Back to reality.... Ah, but first... the Packers! By the way... what happened to the Saints last week?? They cost me 13 points in my pool!! lol I dropped from first place to second!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Guess I will get on the scale tomorrow, too. Soooo not looking forward to it.

Mike, giving up that cheat day will be hard, but it sounds like the cheat meal is a compromise worth trying. I am a wimp with the cold, too, but layering works wonders, and get some of those Hot Hands and Toastee Toes. Stick a couple in your pockets to keep your thighs warm. Good goal; you will need to be on your game. Hopefully everyone here can hang in and support each other. It really does help. You can do it; I know you can. So can Quinn. Like I've said before, sometimes I wonder if my self-sabotage is an unconscious process because I feel more comfortable in losing mode than maintaining mode. Things that make you go "hmm."

Quinn, I'm considering withholding meals...maybe that will get him going! Of course, then he'd just snack all day, then I'd snack all day. I better re-think that . I'll let you know if I find the key to cooperation and it's appropriate for a family forum. What do you think about the boots out now with a wedge heel? I tried on a pair that was extremely comfy and a good price, but I couldn't get used to the look of it.

As for us, we're gearing up for Ravens-Steelers tonight. Should be a great game; guess that means I have to get cracking on my goals! Later, gators!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Oh no! Now you're scaring me to get on the scale!!! I will tomorrow, I promise. I know I've gained... I can feel it in my clothes. Your goals look tough, but doable. I've seen you lose weight quickly before (much to the chagrin of the ladies on here! ) so I know you can do it. We'll stick together right through Thanksgiving (...more turkey and veggies; less stuffing!) and there WILL BE NO MORE WEIGHT GAIN FOR EITHER OF US BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! Thanksgiving is only one meal, not a bunch of meals, right?

As far as walking in the cold... put on your warmest jacket, your fuzziest socks and for Pete's sake, wear something warm on your head and get out there. Your cold is what... 50? When the windchill is -25 here, that's cold!

Some day we'll learn, Buddy... Sad that we are firmly back in weight-loss mode rather than maintenance, but that's ok. No more snickers and fries for me. Back to reality.... Ah, but first... the Packers! By the way... what happened to the Saints last week?? They cost me 13 points in my pool!! lol I dropped from first place to second!
Chagrin?? I had to google that one. I lose quickly but I also gain quickly. I guess it's all part of my all or nothing mentality.

I really don't own a jacket or coat, I guess I need to go buy one. I saw a nice one when I was at Hollister yesterday but I don't think I need a $150 jacket to walk in. -25 is insane. We usually get down in the mid to low 30's here and the windchill will dip in the teens during the colder months.

Yeah the Packers are kicking but, as for the Saints... they too seem to have the all or nothing mentality and last week it was nothing. I wish I could say it's because Sean Payton didn't call a single play, but that would just be a lame excuse. Basically it comes down to them not wanting the win as much as STL did and they were outplayed.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
sometimes I wonder if my self-sabotage is an unconscious process because I feel more comfortable in losing mode than maintaining mode. Things that make you go "hmm."
Thanks for the cold weather tips. I was having the conversation with my GF yesterday about the self-sabotaging. I do in consciously but I can see how you and others would do it unconsciously. My GF seems to be maintaining her loss effortlessly. I don't get it, but everyone is different. Speaking of... I actually found the side by side, before and after shots that I took of her and it's shocking. I thought that my weighloss was great but she lost a ton of weight (went from busting out of 12's to wearing 4's) and it only took her a month. Still over a year later, she's the same weight, no real fluctuations or anything and here I am up 10 down 10, up 15 down 15, etc.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

I saw those, too. They're cute. I remember them from when I was in high school. I'm looking for some that are flat, but still stylish for when I take my mom out in the winter so that we both don't go flying on the snow and ice. I bought some really cute Airwalk boots last spring on clearance (brown suede, up to the knee, flat, lace up the back, fuzzy inside) and I'd love to get another pair, but no one has them.

You're too kind with your "incentive program" to get your husband to pay attention! lol I was thinking more in the line of unplugging the tv and standing squarely in front of it 30 minutes before the Packer game and possibly withholding snacks. There may be tears... (his) but sometimes you just have to use tough love.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Default Mike's weekly rant.

Foul language ahead, don't read if you'll be offended!!! There's a war going on and I'm dropping the "F" bombs.

Some of y'all may remember me bitching about having to replace the bedroom doors on the girls rooms b/c of them slamming them. I'd get pissed and take the doors off the hinges, they'd leave their lights on so I'd pull the bulbs, etc. Well I come home yesterday and there is a fucking hole kicked in one of the bedroom doors. I thought I was about to lose it. Those doors aren't that old, I replaced them maybe a year ago. I'm tired of kids fucking tearing my shit up. I have to reach in my back pocket and use my money every time they decide to throw a fucking fit and break something. So it turns out that what happened is my GF's middle daughter told her oldest daughter that she took a video of her on her phone. Keep in mind, we are talking a 20 and 15 year old. Well the 20 year old grabs the 15 year olds cell phone and runs in her room and locks the door so she can find the video while the 15 year old sits outside the door, fucking kicking it. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? Turns out the that 15 year old never even took a video but lied to the 20 year old because that's what fucking catty girls do. They love to aggravate each other, while costing me time and money. So once again, I yank a door off the hinges. So now the 15 year old no longer has a door and I'm not putting one up until she can find a way to fucking pay for the 20 year olds door it herself. BTW she better learn how to paint it as well. There will be some ass kissing if I'm expected to take my time to hang a new door back up!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-06-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

Default Mike's weekly rant...

I don't know how you live with all those girls. I think you should get combat pay or something. Sounds like you went all honey badger on them; bet you burned some calories!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, it can be hard at times but for the most part it's not too bad.

Well I went shipping. Just leavin Academy where I picked up some super warm gloves, a face mask and a light fleece jacket. I already have a knit cap and some thermal undies.

Headed to Sams to pick up some fruit, veggies and more water.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I don't know how you live with all those girls. I think you should get combat pay or something. Sounds like you went all honey badger on them; bet you burned some calories!

... That just made my day. I am now going to use this phrase until the end of time. The Honey Badger is the new Chuck Norris.

Updates away:

Mike: I ended up going with a Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion chocolate 2 pounder. This way I have a month to commit to it everyday. If I can make it through this next month, and STICK IT, then I'll invest in your MGM.

Everyone ever: Bought some Vit D 1000 to help with the seasonal affective nonsense. I'm hoping that all this sickness is just stress induced and in my head and that once I get regulated, then I'll stop sounding like a seal every other week. Spent some time in Ulta and am now ready to take on my new winter nail color of light pink! Besides that, I'm going to the doctor Tuesday and asking for another series of antibiotics, I'm back to not being able to talk without coughing.

GOOD NOTE: THE GIRLS ARE EXCITED ABOUT C25k!!!!

AND Little Victories:
1. I now have to put my jeans in the dryer for them to fit! No more waiting for these babies to air dry!

2. Last night I went to the campus gym to cheer one of my friends on at her rock climbing competition. Well, while I was there, since I'm not a climber, I went and did my upper body lifts during a lull. You guys, I looked fuckin' hot and like I knew what I was doing. My hair looked good, my collar bones were poppin, my moobs looked like boobs- oh it was fabulous! Then got to go back to the comp with an a pumped up upper body and make "I lift things up and put them down" jokes. Haha, it was great. Since I'm unable to row this semester, I'm thinking about trying to learn how to climb. It appears to be quite difficult & I figured that it would help me identify problem areas that I might be neglecting during my lifting routine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.