Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-02-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Nutrition Goals...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. No buying the dessert of the week M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. No stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes, T: Yes,
5. No added salt on the plate M: Yes, T: Yes,
6. Walk on lunch M: freakin cold and wearing a skirt, T: training a backup all day, W: another skirt day,
7. Work out four times from Weds-SunW: 55min,

Life Goals...
1. Watch my attitude. I've had an attitude lately that isn't good. M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Top off fish tank water at home M: No, T: Yes .... DONE!
3. Paperwork every day at work M: Yes, T: Yes,

Weekend Goals...
1. Clean fish tank
2. Whole house cleaning
3. Something outside in the yard

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. It wasn't by choice. I had to train my new backup/coverage for vacations person. So I couldn't get online. I got on late in the afternoon and read through most of the posts though so if my responses are outdated that is why.

Monday was a great day. Tuesday was also but today I have some sodium weight from dinner last night. It was one of my favorite dishes so I am not concerned. I know in a day or two it will be gone. I hope it takes some more with it. It has been so cold even during the day that it is too cold & windy to walk on lunch at work while wearing a skirt and I bought a new one this weekend so I had to wear it. Yesterday i couldn't because I was stuck training my new backup/ vacation coverage person. Let me tell you...my OCD was in high gear wanting to just take over and do the job for her so many times yesterday. But I resisted because I knew she had to learn at her own pace to absorb it.

Ann ... Welcome back. It's nice to hear you are settling into your new job. Now get to that gym today on lunch and join up. I love that you are aware that you need to do it during the day because night time won't work with your new situation and are going to do it anyway. Your daughter will soon adjust to the day care / home difference in rules and potty training and hopefully she will soon potty train at day care as well.

mhibdon ... I just want to second the crock pot. If you hate to cook the crock pot will be your friend for a long time. .... I think you have posted much more since you feel you won't be here next week due to your addiction than you have in the past. Are you trying to overcompensate?

Amy ... Definitely a success when everyone has school clothes on before they leave the house! Your Halloween sounds so busy but also wonderful. I didn't use a special carving kit to do the boxer pumpkin. I used a razor knife (the kind with the snap off blades) and a straight razor and a large metal tablespoon for scraping. No fancy tool kit here. I did slice my thumb pretty good during the carving though LOL. I have had candy for breakfast before too. Hopefully the kids soon have picked through what they want out of it and the rest can be slowly thrown out when they aren't looking. My boys are 13 & 14 and neither even asked to go trick or treating this year. Guess they are too old for that now. I dunno. ... I have to agree. I think we are very similar. I have spent many days doing 'nothing' and ended up with a clean house.

Quinn ... Your open house sounds just wonderful. I wish that my neighborhood was a community like that. But they aren't. Heck I've lived here three years and only know three or four neighbors.

Darlene ... You are gonna totally rock that Christmas party dress. I just know it. ... I like tootsie rolls too. They are one thing that I don't mind allowing myself from time to time. And Congrats on another 2lb drop!!

Mike ... on the BMI thing... I don't know that I will ever be considered 'normal' either. The thing says normal for me is under 174lbs. I am 5'10" and I do consider myself a large framed person. Not just to say that I am big boned so that I can be fatter. I am broad and tall. Not a petite woman IMO at all. ... I go to the OB/GYN in May and that will probably be my first mammo scheduling at that time. She said before to start them every 2 yrs at age 35 unless I had problems sooner. Well, in May I will be 35 yrs old. .... What kind of funk hit you this week? No goals, bidding on a bike, eating like crap? WTH???

I had some other notes written down here for commenting but I can't remember what they pertain to so I am sorry if I left someone out.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

April: Yes, yes I have :P
Old 11-02-2011, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Main80 I do not know if there will be dip we are going to a trendy new restaurant and we are already hearing grumblings from some of the couples about how their will be nothing to eat but grass and raw fish. I am very excited they have received great reviews and have a very modern west coast menu so I for one will eat very well that night.

Amy Frozen toostsie rolls never thought of that I freeze my chocolate for that reason. I ate 2 rolls yesterday one 10gram skinny tootsie =30 cals that’s a treat I can live with. Great health goals yesterday.

Ann Good luck with the potty training.

April Training is so frustrating sometimes but good for you overcoming the “just let me do that for you” thinking she probably learned a lot and will be helpful in no time.

I have to fly my parents have arrived in town this morning and I am meeting them for breakfast. I will eat rye toast and PB and have coffee so I don't start the day loaded with sat fat.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Where is everyone today? It isn't the weekend. Not time to jump ship yet!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

I'm at the zoo.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Where is everyone today? It isn't the weekend. Not time to jump ship yet!!!
I'm here. Just got back from "Wednesday Walkers", it's a program at the school. I don't actually walk I just punch cards for the kids so they can keep track of how far they've walked/run/skipped. It's a fantastic program, I can't help feeling like I'm watching the future of the track team. Our elementary is the only one in the district that does this, so that actually might be true.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
That's why it is a side item to the casserole! Better than marshmallows!!!
I put dried cranberries, real maple syrup and pecans on my sweet potatoes. The marshmallows might have fewer calories, but the other stuff tastes so much better it's not even funny.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I put dried cranberries, real maple syrup and pecans on my sweet potatoes. The marshmallows might have fewer calories, but the other stuff tastes so much better it's not even funny.
Just drooled on my keyboard. Between your description and the smells from the kid's lunch next to me in lab, I am about to eat someone... or my computer. Whichever is tastier. D:
Old 11-02-2011, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Where is everyone today?
Getting an education... Like a boss.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here! I had an exam this morning, so I've spent the last couple hours enjoying the sunshine and running errands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.