Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-25-2011, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Not hating. I was going to suggest an app to track your routes. It works great on my iPhone, but I guess not on your blackberry, don't hate.
Haha, no worries! Thanks for the thought though! I honestly love leaving the house with only the clothes on my back and Steg's leash in my hand. It is nice to not have to worry about missed calls or texts. Like... I'm the kind of person who turns their phone OFF when I go to bed.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Haha, no worries! Thanks for the thought though! I honestly love leaving the house with only the clothes on my back and Steg's leash in my hand. It is nice to not have to worry about missed calls or texts. Like... I'm the kind of person who turns their phone OFF when I go to bed.
I'm the type of person that takes pictures and gets online to update everyone here when I'm doing a 1/2 marathon.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Happy Birthday, Amy!!
Thanks. How did you know? I prefer to celebrate the anniversary of my 28th birthday.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-25-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Did I miss the announcement?
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
Um nope, since Cassie announced it. I thought of your video this morning, the one where you did 40 push-ups on your 40th birthday. I quit at 25, that was plenty for me, I could have done 18 more, but then I would have needed help dressing myself today and tomorrow. Apparently I'm a little out of practice, and I haven't the faintest idea how to load a video to u-tube.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-25-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

April: I totally understand the hubby time, especially cause it's only every other weekend. Sunday tends to be the "lazy day" around our place because it's the only day that BF always has off - he tends to work on Saturdays (and, magically, I get a lot of housework done on Saturdays! ) I'm not going to weigh again until Friday, hopefully the scale gods are kinder. I do think it was salt weight, though.

Amy: I will totally start doing that notebook thing! I already have a rough idea of what most things cost, but you're right, if it changed by 20 or 30 cents I probably wouldn't notice with the current way I shop. I actually learned the "jumbo size lesson" from my mom a long time ago - she taught me that odds-on, the medium size is usually the best bang for your buck (though, of course, it depends). I had no idea about the coupons of bogo items though, totally good to know. I think the best deal I got this week was for dishwashing detergent - the "Finish" was already on sale at 2.99/20 ct. (usually it's 4.50 or so) and I had a dollar off coupon, so I got the 20-count for just two bucks, rather than $4.50. That was a nice one! Seems a lot of people used that coupon, though, cause I totally got the last one on the shelves. I ended up using about 5 coupons. A couple of the ones I had didn't seem to apply to my store, or I couldn't find the right size bag, etc. But I'll learn.

Just get over yesterday -- graham crackers are a self-medication thing for me too, I crave them when I have the stomach flu. Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanna: I think I go through the low-on-money-low-on-food-oh-goodness-can-I-make-a-meal-out-of-this? phase about once a month. You will make it!! On those days I tend to go to the store and buy just the barest of what I need (in my case it's usually meat) and then take inventory of the cupboards. There always tends to be SOMETHING in there I can use that was hiding behind the flour or something (last month it was egg noodles. Not great for my diet, but I made a casserole that lasted 4 days). Hugs for you, you can do it!

Darlene: I hope you're over the hump with your illness too!

mhibidon: You are a beast , I LOVE the after-workout weak-shakes. (Is that weird?)

Cassie: Great job yesterday! I hope your head is better!

nottheactress: Welcome welcome!! Your goals look great, here's to a great week!

Monday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Calorie average between 1200 and 1400 for the week. No single day over 1600. M: 1,368 (Week Average: 1,368)
2) Achieve a calorie deficit of 5000 calories M: -501 (Week Total: -501)
3) Work out 4 times this week. M: Day off (groceries)
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes
5) Take my multivitamin daily M: yes
6) Weigh in on Monday and Friday ONLY M: 163.5 - sodium weight, I think
7) Record amount of sleep daily M: yes
8) Average 30% protein for the week M: 35% (Week Average: 35%)

Other Goals

1) Be smart about groceries this week M: Did my best!
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes
3) Clean/tidy one room daily M: My bathroom
4) Take some time out for myself every day M: no
5) Refine job application materials and RESEARCH PLAN M: Some

I'm still having all types of trouble with the beta, so I'm staying logged-in to classic now. I'm hopeful that whatever-it-is gets fixed soonish so that I can see all the shiny new updates.

I did pretty well with coupons last night, though as I said above, some of the sizes I needed weren't there. I got a good deal on some dishwashing detergent, as well as milk and things like energy drinks that BF insists on having for his mornings (I think they're SO GROSS). It was a good way to dip my toe in the water, and the cashier didn't blink when I handed her the little wad I had (I ended up using 6 of the coupons). The grocery bill is usually around $150, and this one was about $133 even with buying some extras (such as the detergent, which isn't an every-trip thing), so I felt good when I walked out. They also had mahi mahi steaks on sale, so we are TOTALLY having some good fish tonight!!

Happy Tuesday, all!

~Terri
Old 10-25-2011, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Thanks. How did you know? I prefer to celebrate the anniversary of my 28th birthday.
You have October 25th in your signature - that would be my guess as to how she remembered? Either that or Cassie is stalking you....
Old 10-25-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome score on the fish, I love mahi mahi. I just got back from the grocery store myself, but it wasn't a "big shop" it was just to pick up odds and ends I need. My bill rang up originally for $17.98, but after coupons, bottle slips and the "FREE" item I scored it ended up at $8.58. My local grocery store has this point system, it's new so I'm just starting to get the hang of it. Anyway this week they had free items that you could cash in some of your points for, a jar of Jif PB reduced fat was free for 450 points. You could also cash it in for lettuce, and I'm like "Really? Free lettuce or free peanut butter, that's a real question?"

Terri, I've gotten such a good mental price sheet going in my head that my friends and family will call me and say, "Is such and such a good price for blah blah blah". It's crazy and cracks me up every time. DH is the funniest one, because seriously when I started couponing he was extremely frustrated by the whole thing, but now he'll call and use my brain for a price check and actually brags to his friends and co-workers about how much I can squeeze out of the average dollar. He'll even check the coupon binder if he needs something and sees it on sale somewhere (believe me that was a big step for him).

BTW I do not spend a ton of time couponing, about an hour/week clipping, sorting and looking at sales ads. It also adds about a third to the time that I spend shopping, so a trip that used to take an hour now takes maybe 1:20. In terms of what I save, it works out that time spent couponing equates to about $30-40/hour, darn good pay for a part time job.

Do you have a Dollar General near you? If so the next time you have those good Finish coupons check the price at DG. Mine puts them on sale sometimes for the value of the coupon. Finish coupons come out about every 3 months, about once/year they are very high like $3-4/off and you can get the finish for FREE.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
You have October 25th in your signature - that would be my guess as to how she remembered? Either that or Cassie is stalking you....
Not Cassie, she's probably one of those people that just remembers stuff like that, she's sweet not a scary stalker.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Just back from my lunch walk. 1.75 miles in 32 mins. I had a bit of a revelation while I was walking today. I know if anyone is going to understand it will be you guys. It has been cloudy here lately for the most part but today is super sunny and I took notice of my shadow. Today my shadow had legs that were not short & stumpy. It also had hips and a waist. And it had boobies that showed much more than the belly below them. So yeah, I'm a bit happy right now!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Amy......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.