Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-21-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 80oz water daily not just during the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch M: 1-3/4mile, T: 1-1/2mile, W: 1-1/2mile, TH: 3/4mile (started to rain),
3. Exercise Weds-Sun (allow one day off) M/T: N/A, W: 50min, Th: 40min, F: Day off,
4. No stuffing junk in my mouth mindlessly M: No, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
5. No added salt on my plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
6. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: didn't have any!,

Life Goals...
1. Fill out new patient forms for dentist for boys M: Done!
2. Mail ^ dentist forms T: Done!
3. Fill out insurance forms for boys M: Done!
4. Mail ^ insurance forms T: Done!
5. Fold laundry M: 4 loads, T: 2 loads, W: none to fold, Th: none to fold, Th: none to fold,
6. Lotion on feet M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,

Weekend Goals...
1. Clear closet of clothes I no longer wear
2. Plant flower bulbs in bed
3. Move hostas
4. Scoop leaves from pond T: spent 1/2 hr,
5. Regular housework for hubby's work weekend

Another good day yesterday! I feel really good about my goals this week. Also I got on the scale this morning to be exactly where I was on Monday morning 279.0lbs! That means I made it through TOTM with no lasting effects. Hopefully with my housework and stuff over the weekend I will have a drop on Monday. Hubby and I went out to eat last night since the boys were at a football game. We went to a burger place. I had a grilled turkey burger and a baked potato. So felt like food I shouldn't be eating but was absolutely delicious and about 1/2 the calories of a burger & fries. And without even thinking I ordered a fountain drink and then put ice water in the cup. I have to stop on the way home from work tonight and buy some granny smith apples for pies this weekend. I'll have to keep that Monday weigh-in in mind when I reach for pie to eat then.

Mike ... That sucks on the cookie calories. I have had that happen too. I usually have some prefrozen cookie dough in the freezer. They are 170 calories each cookie and they are 1.3oz size I believe. They are so good that I can just pull out the frozen dough and munch that. Come to think that is safer to just eat one that way than to bake a few dozen and have them lurking around the house waiting for me to eat them.

Dar ... I like to watch documentary type shows about serial killers. Well any kind of killer. I love snapped on Oxygen. I'm sorry that you cold has you feeling so bad. I usually take Nyquil too. I wouldn't worry too much about the calories for the benefit that it brings. Thanks for being concerned over my tiredness. I am always this way 'this week'. It sucks. I get my energy back in a few days.

Lizzie ... I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. That is so young. Sounds like she will leave behind many loved ones and has touched many in her short life.

Ruby ... Congrats on your baby boy!!! Maybe explain to your hubby the benefits of your added exercise and the risks of trying to jog to help him overcome his need for more of your time right now.

Amy ... I hear you on other people's food. Last night I made my hubby a sandwich on toast with margarine and lean ham & american cheese then put in microwave for about 20 seconds. OMG the smell. I didn't eat any though. Then he wanted another one. Like a good wife, I made it. I ate a pinch or two of the ham and nothing else. I was pretty proud of me!

Rose ... We miss ya around here! I can't wait to watch your documentary. You have to let us know when it will air.

Quinn ... Fireworks & football and watching your daughters last performance. I can't think of a better fall friday evening.

Terri ... I have to say this...what does your BF want? No guy offers to clean without something in mind. LOL and if he does.... he's a definite keeper!! Congrats on your BMI....I am feeling the same way. I started at a higher number than you did 47.2 but I am 40.03 right now so almost any drop will put me into the obese category instead of extremely obese!! Yay! I can't wait!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

I have not been able to keep up with all the posts but Lizzie I want to say I am sorry about your cousin. She sounds like a truly special person who went much too young.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: Gear means like… clothing, shoes, hell, if they had “Warming-Body-Spray” then I would bathe in it! I told you to keep a bag of nuts in your pocket!! Just try it! Then you could make nut jokes to yourself all day while you’re working! Calorie/carb/protein/fat booster AND some jokes? What could be better?!

Mern: Good luck with your food & grandkids! You got this!! <3

Cassie: I’m trying to learn how to layer… Just need to figure out what kind of layering works best, ya know? Yesterday wore my UA sweatpants underneath my jeans to the dog park! That helped so much, but I realized that, along with only owning 2 pairs of jeans, I only have 1 pair of sweatants!! EEK!

Darlene: Sorry to hear about all the sickness! Broth is your low-calories, sickness fighting friend!!!

Main08: Oh trust me, I am resting! Been sleeping around 12 hours a days! Yikes!

Rubypeanut: Perhaps you could take up doing arm exercises with dumbbells & leg exercises with bands? It isn’t cardio, but it would be something that won’t stress your uterus as much.

Almeeker: Thanks for the soup offer! I’ve been fairing for myself all right by living off peanut butter, bananas, tea, & SmartDogs links.

Terri: WHOA!! Way to go on nearing Happy BMI Land!!!

Daily Goals for 10/17-10/24
1. Drink 3L: Yes, No, No, No
2. Walk Stegosaurus 3 miles: Yes, 2, 1 YES
3: 200 Situps: Yes, 100, 0, 0
4: Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,
5: Stretch TWICE: Yes, Yes, No, 1/2
Old 10-21-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) drink 8 glasses of H2O daily : 6, 6, 7, 8
2) join new gym: M&T: not yet!!!! today maybe??? got free passes for family for 1 week and I will join, N
3) stretch: N, N, N, N
4) no or low sugar: Yes, alittle an it made me feel yucky, Y but too many carbs, too much food, Y
5) write 1 hour 4x a week (low balling it just to get back): class both days, some writing, tried , a little shut down from class
6) call Armand: N, N, N, N (but made other important calls
7) stop obsessing over colleges for DD: M&T a bit not too much, helped her with stuff, Y
8) get new sneakers: N, N, N, N

Did finally go to the gym today and I am joining. I gained back the weight I lost and am in terrible shape. Heavy sigh.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Oh man,jjeand, Rocky Horror is the best!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, hi. Many of us have had a really hard time keeping up with the posts this week. I hope everything is OK and that you're just busy.

Lizzie, thanks for telling us more about Helen. It's wonderful that she has such a big family that loves her so much.

Rose, logging your food the old fashioned way is really showing dedication! Good for you! So sorry to learn of your Internet problems. I get so frustrated over such things. Ah, Canada awaits your return! That's great! I LOVE the Discovery network, as does my son. Can't wait to learn of the airing date of the documentary you edited!

Quinn, I hate reading through insurance policies, too. My hat is off to Mike as well. So sorry about your unintended little regain. Yeah, there can be several reasons and maybe things will mellow out soon. Good for you for not being discouraged--you have so much to be proud of. I hope you and DD have a great day today.

Terri my sentence fininishing trick doesn't prevent DH from finishing my sentences half an hour later. He never learns. I just take pleasure in getting revenge and making him listen to me a quadruple amount of time compared to what he'd have to listen to me say if I were so lucky as to be able to finish my own sentence first time around. Told you I'm not as nice as some of you think. I can be a real b**ch. I use frozen veggies and often nuke a whole pound the night before, so I can just reheat them for breakfast, either in an omelet or pureed with cheese. Sometimes I toss them in a little Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce or Classico Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo (available at Walmart, Meijer, Kroger.) You're doing great on your goals this week. Congratulations on your dedication! Wow! Congrats on your scale number after the wedding weekend. Fantastic. That BMI of yours is something to crow about.

April, accomplishing such a glowing report this week while managing TOTM at the same time is incredibly great, too. Congrats on a job well done! Wow, and getting through all that success managing TOTM at the same time is great.

Mhibdon, thanks, the day is going well so far with grandkids and food. Good job on your accountability. You and Main80 and I have to get serious on our water. I've found it really does help speed up my metabolism. Great job on the walking, vitamins, and on your other accomplishments.

Hope, great job on your accomplishments and on your accountability as well. Joining the Y should be a big help with re-losing. Best wishes.

Jjeand, not completely horrible is way better than it could have been. Smart decision not stepping on the scale. I haven't stepped on for a couple weeks, afraid if I do it'll be bad news and then I'll be discouraged and treat myself to a few cheat days out of self-pity. This way I'll be more likely to stay on track. Enjoy your Rocky Horror night.

Last edited by Mern; 10-21-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Terri ... I have to say this...what does your BF want? No guy offers to clean without something in mind. LOL and if he does.... he's a definite keeper!! Congrats on your BMI....I am feeling the same way. I started at a higher number than you did 47.2 but I am 40.03 right now so almost any drop will put me into the obese category instead of extremely obese!! Yay! I can't wait!!!
LOL! If he does want something, he's being sneaky about it. BF is actually more of a neat-nik than I am, so it's not completely surprising that he wants to clean. What surprised me was that he stopped me in the first place. Perhaps he's feeling guilty over something I don't know about....hmmmMMMMMmmm.

Nah, I think he's just a keeper. I hope. I'll keep your wise words in the back of my mind, though.

Also, WAY TO GO on the BMI. It's just one of many ways of measuring, but it feels good to pass such a milestone!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hi ladies and Mike...sorry for dropping off. Work has been so streaky; I don't have as much as I could, but what I do have has wicked deadlines, so in order to get done at a reasonable bedtime, I didn't log back on so I could get the reports done. Yes, I ran the treadmill for half an hour, then biked for 15 minutes; ate one piece of pizza and a big old salad, but then was famished about 10 and had way too many snacks. But I'm back on track so far today.

Amy, your week looks stellar! I bet it feels good to be knocking it out! Weekend's here, stay strong! You can do it; set the bar for the rest of us

Quinn, thanks for the recipes. That is different from my snack/trail mix, so good to have. The foccacia looks delicious; when I'm "stable" with my food again, can't wait to try it.

mhibdon, I don't profess to know much about cold weather to the degree that many of the veterans here do, but when it's really cold, I usually layer any combination of silk shirts/turtlenecks, thermal shirt and pants, thermal pants or tights, sweatpants, Under Armour cold gear shirt, and a sweatjacket. If it's really freezie, a vest. Then they get peeled off one at a time as I warm up. Oh, and silk socks and then thermal socks, and don't forget your head. I use Hot Hands and the similar things that you can stick on the bottom of your socks also; keep some Hot Hands in your pockets and it warms you up a little bit more, too. I did strike a great deal yesterday; was on the tennis website looking at shoes for my son and found tights for $12.50!!! Regular $35!! Nike!!! Yah, it doesn't take much to get me excited; I bought two pair.

Mike, I made my appt. and will get the mammo referral there on Nov 7. Done! Thought of you this week...I had to buy a general business owner's policy at my new practice. Yep, I am really tired of bleeding money there (even if it's necessary); hopefully I will start having some payments remit soon.

I hope everyone's having a great day. I wish I had some time for more responses right now but I have to go make a couple calls before everyone goes home. I will be on tonight and this weekend; I am committing to that. As far as keeping up with goals...I'm so far behind I will just do new ones tonight.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Mern I hope your headache has gone away. Thanks for the advice with the Nyquil I just added 200 cal of candy since your right it’s just sugar, I am also going to try not worry about it. It does make me feel better right now. I think I might need to go to the Dr’s my sinus pain is worse today and I tend to get at least one sinus infection every winter. I really hope your granddaughters AM lets her off early tonight how inconsiderate of them to not help her succeed in her educational goals.

Rose You probably won’t see this but have a nice trip home. I can’t wait to see your film.

Quinn I hope your policies work out to your financial advantage, it can be so confusing. You just got a folder in the "Amy’s help" folder on my desk top I will make foccacia on a day I am going out to dinner then I won’t eat it all, it sounds awesome.

Terry Thanks for the concern. I am so glad your scale stayed the same that’s awesome its good to know we can enjoy events and food’s occasionally just like everyone else and still maintain the benefits of our hard work. Nice offer from your boyfriend to help clean it always goes faster when you have help. My hubby and I have a system that works for us it’s a little sexist but it’s worked well for 23 years so we won’t change it. We have pink, blue and purple jobs, pink jobs are mine, blue are his and purple belong to whomever it annoys first. We agreed early on what jobs fell into pink and blue and as the kids got older purple pretty much became the chores. It was so important for us to have a plan I like a clean house but with us both working full time and two kids it was certainly a challenge at times.I hope you have a productive cleaning weekend.

April We do not get “snapped” in Canada we do get “women who kill” and I think they are similar. I just watched “The Countess” it’s about Erzebet Bathory a 17th century Hungarian countess who believed that bathing in the blood of virgins would preserve her beauty, disturbing but well made. I feel bad that once a month you get that tired could you be Anemic?My mom struggled with that for years before they got her on iron pills. You are having an awesome goal week glad your scale agrees.

Mhibdon Broth sounds warm and very good I never thought of that! I will send the next person who dares to pop their head in my room to the store. Unlike you my sense of humour is the first thing to go when I am sick so my family treads lightly and avoids me at all costs.

Jjeand Thanks for the flashback to the 80’s I needed a smile today, have a great time.

Thanks to everyone for your get well wishes. I still feel horrible but I have no plans to leave my bed.Sorry if my post is rambling but as I said yesterday nyquil makes me stoned and you guys are the only people who have dared to talk to me in my sick grumpy mood today so I wanted to reply. Thanks and have a great day.

Yesterdays bad numbers.

Goals
Do not talk diet with family: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N
Exercise daily: M=Circuit training, T= Circuit training, W=Hike, T=N
Squats daily: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N
Ab work daily: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N
Calories less than 1400: M= 1372, T=1282, W=1336, T=1516
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-854, T= -737, W=-989, T=-305
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y, T=N, W=Y, N=N
Old 10-21-2011, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjeand

Rocky Horror tomorrow night. Trying to decide if I'm dressing up? Either Eddie - boots, jeans, leather jacket or vest; or Magenta - maid outfit and curly hair. I'll leave the fishnets and spandex to the younger crowd .
My daughter came out of her room with the cutest costume last night... She took 3 borrowed, light beige, long hula skirts (velcro waist, borrowed from the music dept.) and made a "Cousin It" costume, complete with black sunglasses and black felt hat. It cost nothing to make and took 5 minutes to put together. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.