Notices

Wow it's amazing!!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Wow it's amazing!!

Okay I posted a few days ago how I started my diet only 2 weeks ago. I have been keeping my calories under 1800 (closer to 1600) and have even been doing a few exercises (not much but it's a start). I went from completely sedentary to doing things at home. I have done dishes (even though standing kills my back), I walk to the store a half block away, I do leg lifts from the chair and other small exercises to get something going. So Tuesday I went to the doctors and I went from 410 pounds to 404 pounds. My doctor says from lowering my calories and doing even the minimal of exercises I'm doing good. I am aiming my next weigh in (October 25th) for 399. I want to break that 400 pound mark. Thank you to everyone who has given me encouragement. I'm actually doing it.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Wanda, that's great! You're right at the calorie level that I was at during my biggest loss period. Doesn't the weight just fly off when you're very heavy!

Don't overdo the exercise--I could barely walk 100 feet when I started, wheezing and trying to catch my breath. Just do what you can.

Keep your cals around 1500-1600 if the Dr. says it's OK and make sure they are "good" calories, no crap.

Oh, and of course you're drinking a ton of water, right? Within reason, the more you drink the more you'll lose.

Don't get discouraged if you have a week with no loss, it WILL happen eventually. You've just got to power through and the losses will start back up.

If you're interested, we just started the Lose 10% of your weight by New Years challenge over in the Weight Loss Tips subforum. You're welcome to join, if you like. In any event, keep us posted as to how you're doing. I remember my excitement in getting under 400 (and under 300 and under 200).

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-12-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Wanda! Good job!

Keep it up
Old 10-12-2011, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Wanda! Keep up the hard work. Soon you will notice that you can do much more. It happens slowly and sometimes you don't realize it but one day you will think, "hey! I just did the dishes and cleaned off the counters and table and my back doesn't hurt!" It's a great feeling!!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

You are indeed doing it, Wanda! Congrats on sticking with it and on your pounds lost so far. You're off to a great start .
Old 10-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

That's great, Wanda!! Seeing those losses really feels good, doesn't it? You don't have to do much, we all learn to crawl before we pull up and learn to walk. Just keep at it girl, and you will be so happy with what you're about to accomplish!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Wanda,
I am so happy to read that you are feeling so successful. Nothing is more motivating that a little success - is there?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Wanda, great job on your success so far!