FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Motivational Thread Starting 9/26 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5330-motivational-thread-starting-9-26-a.html)

01gt4.6 10-02-2011 04:13 AM

That's awesome news Joanna.

Mern 10-02-2011 07:58 AM

Joanna! Fantastic news! Kudos on your weight loss and for all the hard work you did to work your way out of the obese range! (I'm still there, but hope to join you sometime next year,) Also congrats on the A on your exam. I hope the other is equally as satisfying. :)

Darlene, that's great that you just had a mini cupcake and then enjoyed fruit and yogurt dip at the shower. Maybe your calories being intact and your great job on exercise this week will have let your body make an allowance for the excess carbs. Boy, it sure does suck big time that we can't eat as many calories as a guy. But Mike does have a good point-if he's burning more, he probably DOES get hungry more often than we do.

Mike, you had a lot of healthful food in your post that included the donut and Sonic caramel sundae. :) Even though you enjoy those cheat days sometimes, you still exhibit a good sense of balance. Congrats on that. Your post of your goal achievements today is awesome! Great job! So cool that you are joining the race and raising money for Susan G. Komen center for the fight against breast cancer.

Main80, yeah, I still need to get back into the exercise routine. I only made it 3 days this week and I need that to keep my blood sugar in the normal range, too. Thanks for your encouragement on both issues. :)

Quinn, I don't know why people think if you're a SAHM you have nothing to do. When I THOUGHT I was going to be able to retire from babysitting my grandkids, people suggested all kinds of stuff I should consider to "fill my time." LOL I told them all I was never in my whole life bored from lack of something to do and I wasn't going to be bored now. There never has been enough hours in the day for me to do all I want to do...

Mary, I'm glad you mentioned your pumpkin pecan muffins. I'll have to go get some pumpkin. I make pumpkin flaxmeal muffins that even my 15 year old picky eater granddaughter likes--I never told her they have healthful flaxmeal in them. LOL

ZoeDuc--congrats on losing 2 lbs. this week! Way to go!

01gt4.6 10-02-2011 08:02 AM

Thanks Mern, I just got another donation. Not sure if it was someone from here or not. If so, thanks a lot for helping support this great cause.

Mern 10-02-2011 08:37 AM

You're welcome, Mike.

This doesn't pertain to anyone here, but it's how I felt this morning talking to someone who was just guessing that, without even knowing the cause of death, he stated that his former classmate may have died from eating bad ground beef recalled by Kroger grocery store chain. He didn't even know whether she even shopped at Kroger or whether she had eaten ground beef. Go figure!! And just 15 minutes later I found this on someone's Facebook page. LOL http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7226419_n.jpg

Mern 10-02-2011 08:39 AM

You're welcome, Mike. It's not much, but I figure every little bit helps.

This doesn't pertain to anyone here, but it's how I felt this morning talking to someone who was just guessing that, without even knowing the cause of death, he stated that his former classmate may have died from eating bad ground beef recalled by Kroger grocery store chain. He didn't even know whether she even shopped at Kroger or whether she had eaten ground beef. Go figure!! And just 15 minutes later I found this on someone's Facebook page. LOL http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7226419_n.jpg

01gt4.6 10-02-2011 10:53 AM

Mern,

Well thank you, it was generous, I appreciate it. It's crazy how often people will speculate on how someone died when they have no clue.

01gt4.6 10-02-2011 12:28 PM

Okay, someone had mentioned to me today that I should make this fund raiser more interesting... if I raise a $1,000 I'd have to wear a pink "Save the Ta-Tas" shirt and if I raise $2,000 I'd have to throw in some pink shorts.

What's y'all take on this?

Let me say this, I have never worn ANYTHING pink or with pink in it. I think I may have even posted this on FitDay that I'm not one of those guys that wears pink to "prove" that he's confident in his manhood. I'm the type that refuses to wear it b/c I'm man enough to not have to try to prove it.

With that being said, would you think that it would draw in more money if I were to make that challenge? If so, I'm game.

BTW I have no personal connection or tie to breast cancer. I lost my mom in the late 90's to cancer but it was bone cancer. I just want to be able to help.

I do know that a recent medical review states "The chance of a woman having invasive breast cancer some time during her life is a little less 1 in 8. The chance of dying from breast cancer is about 1 in 35. Breast cancer death rates have been going down. This is probably the result of finding the cancer earlier and better treatment. Right now there are more than 2½ million breast cancer survivors in the United States."

Do me a favor, even if you can't donate, please click on my link and scroll down to the bottom and check out the informational downloads that are available on .pdf. It may just be the information you need for an early detection that ends up saving your life!
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ink-ribbon.jpg

Just an FYI, I will not wear any pink during the race even if I do make that challenge b/c I was reading the "rules" and it clearly states to NOT wear a pink shirt unless you are a breast cancer survivor. So out of respect for the survivors I won't. What will I do if I hit that goal? I will wear it and make a YouTube video to thank all of my supporters. It doesn't get much better than that!

almeeker 10-02-2011 12:31 PM

Hello, just reading up and checking in. I have logged everything no matter how ugly it got, and believe me it got really ugly. I was really bad yesterday, I'd been having a craving for apple muffins, they are healthy (flax seed, apple sauce, egg whites, protein powder, etc) well the first 2-3 are healthy, after that it's just gluttony. I made what I thought would be a recipe for 12, which is about right for the family, well it made 16. Which means I ended up eating 3 at breakfast, and the extra 4 throughout the rest of the day. Not a big deal that, but then we went to the pub for dinner and I had 2 "Pub Mugs". So if you take a look at my log I'm over by 1/2 a batch of apple-oatmeal muffins and a quart of beer. Ugh.

The good news about Saturday was that I went to the gym and lifted, which I haven't done in a while. I was there by myself for the first 20 minutes or so, had the headphones up LOUD and was rocking it (carb high). Then 3 teenagers came in, and I could hear them sort of laughing at me. Normally I don't pay any attention to others at the gym, but the stereo wasn't on and all 3 of those boys were just barely over the age limit (14), and every last one of them was more than a little overweight, and they were sniggering at me. Apparently if you've never worked out in your life, a 40 year old housewife doing yoga is hilarious. Granted, I can see that downward dog to cobra and back, might be funny.

So I left the free weight area, and went out to the mezzanine to cycle through the machines, there are 15 and I run through about 13 of them, 10-20 reps each, set at all I can lift, it takes me about 20-30 to complete (depending). Anyway I'm 4-5 machines in and out they come. I'm not someone that worries about being pretty at the gym, I grunt, I sweat, I growl, I swear, I'm there to tear up muscle, not attract attention. Again they are laughing, but I ignore it and turn up the headphones. Machine after machine they had to reset to a lighter weight, and pretty soon they realize that they are following me, and have to drop it down from my workout. And that's when it got a whole lot less funny. Well to them anyway, I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

01gt4.6 10-02-2011 12:43 PM

Amy, that is too funny. You should have a shirt made up that says "I lift like a girl, you should try it sometime."

dar n 10-02-2011 12:49 PM

Mike I am sending my condolences I am sure your scale will be mourned for some time or at least until you buy a nice new shinny one.:)

Joanna WAY TO GO!!!!

Mern your baby is very funny. It’s odd how people can make such huge assumptions with no facts.

I need something for dinner that’s high protein low carb and I am so sick of meat.:(

Have a great evening.:)