FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Motivational Thread Starting 9/26 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5330-motivational-thread-starting-9-26-a.html)

Kumochi 10-01-2011 12:13 AM

Moderator needed above -- rather obvious spam. LOL

T.G.I.S. Been too busy the past few weeks, looking forward to a slower October however in my line of work quiet can change to hectic overnight. I need a week to catch up on bookkeeping.

I expect my renovations to start this week so I need to move into my guest bedroom. That means cleaning the junk out of there before moving my clothes etc in. Good time to get rid of a bunch of stuff. That will be my exercise for today.

Prime rib dinner last night but no alcohol and no dessert so I'm still under 2000 calories. Back on track now for October. It's going to be a good month.

Mary

ZoeDuc 10-01-2011 02:10 AM

Lost 2# this week :D
I'm finally back on track. I hope.

01gt4.6 10-01-2011 02:44 AM

Health & Fitness
1) Eat clean for 6 days yes, yes, yes, yes, no
2) Reduce bread intake (1 serving for 3 days, 3 days with none) 1, 1, 0, 2(blueberry muffins), [too much- cheat day]
3) Avg of 400 cal/day deficient -377, -392, -895, -142, (-451.5 avg), [+583cheat day]
4) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 4, 4, 4, 7, [1- cheat day]
5) Net Carbs under 80g/day 92.5, 125.8, 62.2, 142, [226.9- cheat day]
6) Plan ahead (log a good bit of food for the next day) yes, yes, yes, no [no- cheat day]
7) No eating between midnight & 8am no eating, fail, no eating, no eating [fail- cheat day]
8) Workout 3 times. Get back on my weight training program (Huge In A Hurry) no, yes, no, yes, no
9) Walk 3 times no, yes x 2, 0, 0, 0
10) Daily:
Multi Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, no
Fish Oil yes, yes, yes, yes, no
Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, no
Arginine yes, yes, yes, yes, no
Floss yes, yes, yes, no, no

Other
1) Shave (3x)
Head yes, no, no, no, no
Face yes, no, no, no, no
Arms yes, no, no, no, no
2) Give blood, if allowed no, no, no, no, no
3) Tell a total stranger something nice (2x) no, no, yes, no, no
4) Two random acts of kindness no, no, no, no, yes
5) One P&C policy (need one to hit my bonus) no (should write it tomorrow), yes x 2, 1 more

I went back and changed my random act of kindness to a yes. I think that signing up for the race and raising money for breast cancer qualifies. :) BTW if anyone wants to do a random act of kindness and help me raise money to fight breast cancer, the link is at the top of the previous page.

01gt4.6 10-01-2011 03:21 AM

A cold front must have come through because it's cold in my house. I'm back in bed now and Mytsie is cuddled up with me. :)

bojibridge 10-01-2011 03:26 AM

I hear ya about the cold, Mike! It's 46 degrees out right now - who the heck said that was okay?! Unfortunately, my cat doesn't like to cuddle much, so I'm on my own... poor me :D

Well, I've been hanging around the thread this week but not much posting. Things are going fine. Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes on my exams. I got an A on one and still waiting on the other - it's one of those where as a raw grade, maybe not incredibly awesome, but after talking to others, I think I probably got an A on that too. Anyway, I hope everyone can keep up their awesome work over the weekend!

quinnesec 10-01-2011 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 58363)
Okay losers and wannabe losers (aka Slackers) where are y'all?

C'mon Quinn, our fearless leader, whip these people in shape. Lets make this tread come alive this weekend!!! We all know that we slip up a little on the weekend. Yes, I know you're reading this and that means you to. We can do this, lets post up our weekend specific goals (don't forget about your regular goals)

LOL OK, OK!!! I'm here! Yesterday was just an insanely busy day. Another day where I started at 8:30 in the morning and didn't get done with everything until 8:30 at night. For me, that means not eating, which isn't good. I generally don't take the time to eat and then when it gets to be late. I'm too tired to make anything.

Laughing at the "eating PB & J's while sleepwalking". My mom and my oldest are like that. I've heard them both like little mice in the kitchen at night. :) I've never been tempted to do that because then I'd have to brush my teeth and floss again... I know, I know... I have issues! lol :D

Plodding through a mountain of secondary insurance claims, etc. for my mom this morning. I have to laugh when people find out that I'm a SAHM and ask, "What do you do all day??" :mad: Really?? Someday, I'm going to print out a list of my normal daily activities, minute by minute, keep copies in my purse and hand them out, I swear.

Hoping to have a pretty quiet weekend, though. Temps are on the rise (after last nights low of 27!) and should be sunny and near 70 for the week. So maybe, just maybe, I can get in some fall hiking... that is exactly what I need right now to decompress. (...that and my second bottle of wine from the winery! ;))

Weekend Goals... Hmm... let me see...

1. Eat Clean.
2. Keep my calories around 1200.
3. Figure out a healthy snack for the Packer game on Sunday.
4. Figure out a birthday present for my husband for next week. Have to make some calls; arrange a get-together.
5. Cut back on bread, toast, carbs in general. Eating toast every night before I go to bed with butter... have to cut that out.
6. Get over to the apple orchard and stock up.

Enjoy your Saturday, all!

quinn

01gt4.6 10-01-2011 07:34 AM

Quinn, sounds like you've been very busy. How you have a restful weekend. I like those weekend goals!

I just got done cutting the grass. I can check that off my list.

Kumochi 10-01-2011 08:56 AM

Burning lots of calories cleaning out my guest room. Found my scuba weights from when I took the course about 10 years ago. Decided it might be intersting to strap on 12 pounds and see how much difference it made. Anyone who doesn't think 12 pounds can make a difference should try it. I kept them on for 1/2 hour while cleaning and was glad to take them off. I may do that once a month to remind myself what the extra weight feels like. I'Ve lost almost 3 times that much. It's hard to remember how bad the extra weight felt when doing stairs etc.

Back to cleaning. Now moving my stuff into guest room so I'll be ready whenever renoman can start. Also need to burn off the 2 extra pumpkin pecan muffins I made. Happy the 12 left are needed tomorrow. Mary

01gt4.6 10-01-2011 11:28 AM

Main80,

here you go Bulgarian Split Squat - YouTube

MAIN80 10-01-2011 01:20 PM

Mary, sounds like you are burning calories with your cleaning! Good idea on the scuba weights, they are quite heavy to carry around, its hard to believe we have carried even more weight than that around.

Mike, glad you managed to get out of the bed to mow the lawn. Thanks for the link!

Quinn, you have been very busy. My mom is like you with the no eating after she brushes her teeth so I know about those issues :)

ZoeDuc, congrats on the loss!

Joanna, excellent job on your exams!

Now I need to chug down my water so I can meet that goal.