Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 9/26

Old 10-01-2011, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Main 80 You are doing great with your goals even though you haven’t posted.

Mary You have mentioned reno’s a couple of times but I must of missed what you are doing? Good luck with going through your clothes and cleaning your spare room it will look great when you are done I am sure. The mental picture of you cleaning your house with scuba tanks on brought a smile to my face. I agree though on how much weight 10 or 20 lbs is I think your idea is a great reminder of how far we have come and good motivation not to return.

Zoeduc Way to go on your 2lb loss.

Mike Your run is a great act of kindness! Good luck with your fundraising. I checked out the squat video I am having issues with my right knee is this move going to more harmful on the knee’s then normal squats, it looks it?

Joanna congrats on your exam scores.

Quinn I hope the weather sticks for you to hike. It’s a beautiful fall day hear but I just couldn’t muster up the passion to go out today I think all my carbs yesterday have made me lazy and I have a touch of a headache. I did choose to walk on the treadmill at the slow speed of 2.5 and read my book for an hour just so I could say I exercised.

Have a great Saturday night I will be back later to post I don’t think I am done eating today.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Main80, you're welcome. I try to have my forward leg go parallel to the floor. I try to reach with my finger tips to touch the floor. That'll give you a little extra stretch.

Darlene, I already reached my goal. My original goal was $150, I raised it to $250 and I'm already at $300!!! Monday I'm going to find out what my company will match of my donation then I'll make my donation. I heard they will do a 2 for 1. So if I do lets say $100, they'll put up $200. I just need to verify. I may try to shoot for $1,000,000. That would be awesome if I could hit it.
As for the squats, just go as low as you can with feeling discomfort. I'm not sure which one is harder on the knees.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ZoeDuc
Lost 2# this week
I'm finally back on track. I hope.
Great job!!! Did you see the bike pic that I posted on page 6?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

Have a great night all.

Goals
Say something on the forum every day M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=Y
Do not talk diet with family M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N, F=Y, S=Y
Exercise daily M=Aerobics, T=Treadmill, W=Walk, T=Step class, F=Treadmill, S=Treadmill
Calories less than 1500 per day M=1267, T= 1199, W= 1393, T=1354, F=1246, S=1368
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week M= -794, T= -892, W= -773, T=-1086, F= -742, S= -737
Old 10-02-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Good luck to your Saints today against Jacksonville! That was a pretty impressive win over Houston. Brees has been looking pretty good. Should be a good game.

Remember now... healthy snacks only! lol
Old 10-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mike,

Good luck to your Saints today against Jacksonville! That was a pretty impressive win over Houston. Brees has been looking pretty good. Should be a good game.

Remember now... healthy snacks only! lol
Yep, good luck to GB as well, but I don't think they need luck.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Well there has been another death at my house. This time it's not the same perpetrator as the last time. It was totally different, there was no body, guts or bloodshed. Since being release the perp has been doing great... under a watchful eye. This time the victim is none other than my food scale. This appears to be caused by natural causes. I guess it's ticker couldn't keep ticking. I need to see if I can get it a pacemaker and bring it back to life. It really is a sad day for me and I just ask one thing from all of you. If you have a flag in your front yard please fly it at half-staff in remembrance of my loving food scale that has served me so well.

On a good note, I kicked ass Saturday!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

I know I'm posting back to back, I'm trying to make up for the inactivity of the group.

Remember that my food goals are to be based on my 6 clean days, so don't call me out on my math for my average calorie deficient, I know what I'm doing.
Health & Fitness
1) Eat clean for 6 days yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes
2) Reduce bread intake (1 serving for 3 days, 3 days with none) 1, 1, 0, 2(blueberry muffins), [too much- cheat day],1 (FAIL for the week)
3) Avg of 400 cal/day deficient -377, -392, -895, -142, [+583cheat day], -714 (-504 avg. so far so good!)
4) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 4, 4, 4, 7, [1- cheat day], 3 (doing fair)
5) Net Carbs under 80g/day 92.5, 125.8, 62.2, 142, [226.9- cheat day], 94.5 (FAIL for the week)
6) Plan ahead (log a good bit of food for the next day) yes, yes, yes, no [no- cheat day], yes (not too bad)
7) No eating between midnight & 8am no eating, fail, no eating, no eating [fail- cheat day], no eating (pretty good)
8) Workout 3 times. Get back on my weight training program (Huge In A Hurry) no, yes, no, yes, no, yes (got in three AMAZING workouts)
9) Walk 3 times no, yes x 2, 0, 0, 0, 0 (need one more)
10) Daily: (doing pretty darn good)
Multi Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes
Fish Oil yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes
Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes
Arginine yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes
Floss yes, yes, yes, no, no, yes

Other
1) Shave (3x) (arms look good, head has a little stubble, face has a thick shadow)
Head yes, no, no, no, no, no
Face yes, no, no, no, no, no
Arms yes, no, no, no, no, no
2) Give blood, if allowed no, no, no, no, no, no (started to think I was getting sick, turns out that I wasn't. The girls want to go to a haunted house and the blood center sponsors one every year around Halloween, I'm going to find out when there blood drive is and go then)
3) Tell a total stranger something nice (2x) no, no, yes, no, no, no (didn't have much opportunity, kind feel like a schmuck for missing this one, so I need to try my best to hit this one)
4) Two random acts of kindness no, no, no, no, yes, no (gotta do it today)
5) One P&C policy (need one to hit my bonus) no (should write it tomorrow), yes x 2, 1 more (hell yeah I rocked it, could have wrote more but need to save them for next quarter)

BTW if anyone wants to do a random act of kindness and help me raise money to fight breast cancer, the link is at the top of the previous page.

I've mentioned this in the past and figured that I'd mention it again since we have a lot of newbies... and regulars that may have missed it. When you donate blood you can list someone (family and friends) to get free blood for the year if they need it. If you would like for me to list your name, just PM me your name and I'll get it taken care of. If nobody responds I'll make my donation for someone local in need, usually a child.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-02-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hey folks, just checking in on this freezing cold morning! My exciting news for the weeks is that I'm officially out of the obese BMI range - woot! I actually have been for a couple lbs, but the scale has a tendency to oscillate right when I think I've hit a goal. Anyway, I've decided it's official This means I am also 1 lb away from 20 lbs lost and 2 lbs away from actually hitting my Columbus day goal. Never in my wildest dreams did I actually think I would get anywhere close. It's always encouraging to know that I can still surprise myself sometimes with my ability to stick to something - I don't have a great deal of faith in myself when it comes to these things, but I'm working on it! You guys are all awesome.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna,

Congratulations!!!

To me, the first 20 lbs. were always the hardest. You're doing an incredible job. No more of this lack of faith! You really can accomplish anything that you really want. Hold your head up today and be proud of your determination and your accomplishment. You're well on your way to your goal! Stick with us, kid! We'll help you get there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.