Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 9/26

Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dar n
Mike I am sending my condolences I am sure your scale will be mourned for some time or at least until you buy a nice new shinny one.
awww crap I forgot about it. It has a dead battery and it's take a round, watch type battery. I need to go to the store and pick one up tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I think it's just so incredibly generous of you to run in the race and to have a goal of raising $300 when you don't even have a personal family or friend who died of breast cancer. I think you should do whatever you want--if you'd get a giggle out of wearing pink even though you're too manly to want to wear it under normal circumstances, then fine; but if you don't want to, you certainly should not feel stingy to not go for the $1000 goal.

I'd like to add for the women here who have not had mammograms--I was a little scared about having one because of the stories I've heard of boobs getting squeezed and squashed to the point of pain but I didn't have any problem at all--just a bit of pressure, but not even the teeniest bit of pain. I wonder if that just started from joking about it and then women started to believe it was a painful procedure. Just sayin'--don't be scared. It takes so little time and is over before you know it.

Amy, great job on your exercise! I'm glad you outshined those boys at the gym. Gave me a great chuckle to learn that they thought they were so much stronger than a middle aged woman. Tee hee hee. That reminded me of when I was 28 and outran my two stepsons in a race of 60 yards. They were amazed they lost because they thought 28 was old. LOL Great job on the exercise! I was so bad today eating whatever I wanted. I'll bet I ate over 2500 calories. I ate a waffle with powdered sugar, a breaded chicken sandwich on a bun, chocolate milk, and full sugar ice cream. The rest was low carb stuff, but a ton of it. Back on track tomorrow--full force, no excuses.

Last edited by Mern; 10-02-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: just corrected "Mike, I thing" to "Mike, I think"
Old 10-02-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Mike Nice you didn't even mourn it's passing (oh no it's illness) for a whole day So can we take this to mean you have been eyeballing your calories today?

Amy your experience at the gym today is why I belong to a gym with a ladies only floor.Way to show them up in the end hopefully they learned a little humility today.

Last edited by dar n; 10-02-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene, I have a few suggestions for low carb, high protein that don't involve meat:

--a veggie omelet made with egg substitute such as Egg Beaters. (I use a cheaper store brand but the nutrition facts are the same.) The egg substitute is zero carb and 6g protein per 1/4 cup (equivalent of one egg.)
-- Naturally More Peanut butter (available at Walmart and Sam's Club) is 4g net carbs after deducting fiber and 10g protein per 2 tablespoon serving.
--Walker Diet protein shake mix (available online at vitacost.com) is only 1 net carb after deducting fiber and a whopping 24g protein serving per shake 2 rounded scoops or 47g of the shake powder. I like it thinner, so use about 15 oz. water instead of the 8-10 ounces of water on the directions.

Some people just make the most outlandish presumptions. Sometimes I wonder if they can really possibly believe what they're saying. I found an even funnier picture about "stupid people" on the other person's Facebook page but it had an obscenity printed on it, so I can't post it here. It was hilarious, though--a pic of the good witch from the Wizard of Oz saying "Shut the F*** Up!!!" LOL
Old 10-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, thanks but it's the generous people out there that got me to my goal so quickly. I think that I will raise my goal to $1,000. I didn't send out many emails about it, maybe to a dozen people, I did put it up here and on facebook. Everyone has been so generous. Surprisingly, I haven't gotten any results from facebook but then again I'm not a big "facebooker". I may make a YouTube video asking for pledges. I kind of feel funny about that because there's no subtle way to go about it. I guess I'll have to do it my usual shoot from the hip way. I should find out tomorrow what kind of match my company is going to do, then I can make my pledge. I just feel a little weird asking for money when someone may check it out and notice that I have gave yet, well besides my entry fee.

Darlene, yeah I've been eyeballing it today. I'm probably pretty accurate because I've been doing it for so long but I still like to see a real number.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

I'm now living in my guest room. I bought paint and paper for my bedroom so I'm ready when my guy gets here to do the bathroom floor etc. I can't wait to get started so I hope he shows up early this week.

Darlene -- it was the weights from my scuba gear - not the tanks. I float way too easily As a kid I always had to hold rocks if I wanted to dive down to the bottom.

Mike - I hope the race goes well. My daughter was doing a "Run for the Cure" walk this weekend. We also do a 24 hour relay for Life up here. I'm not sure if they have that one in the U.S. It was quite an experience being up all night taking turns walking around the track. Seeing the lap done by all the cancer survivors was pretty moving.

Joanne -- welcome to the overweight group. I'm still lingering on the edge -- usually below obese but bounce back up on bad days.

Amy -- way to go showing those kids how it's done!

Looking forward to a great week next week. Mary
Old 10-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default Well I survived the weekend, what about you?

Mary, I can only imagine how awesome it was the survivors do laps. I'm thinking about trying to join in on one of the 60 mile walks. That would have to be in the distant future as it would require a lot of training for me. **Tissue Warning for the 60 mile walk video**

Remember that my food goals are to be based on my 6 clean days, so don't call me out on my math for my average calorie deficient, I know what I'm doing.
Health & Fitness
1) Eat clean for 6 days yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
2) Reduce bread intake (1 serving for 3 days, 3 days with none) 1, 1, 0, 2(blueberry muffins), [too much- cheat day],1, 1 (FAIL for the week)
3) Avg of 400 cal/day deficient -377, -392, -895, -142, [+583cheat day], -714, -336 (-476 avg. so far so good!)
4) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 4, 4, 4, 7, [1- cheat day], 3, 2 (did fair)
5) Net Carbs under 80g/day 92.5, 125.8, 62.2, 142, [226.9- cheat day], 94.5, 129.4 (FAIL for the week)
6) Plan ahead (log a good bit of food for the next day) yes, yes, yes, no [no- cheat day], yes, no (not too bad)
7) No eating between midnight & 8am no eating, fail, no eating, no eating [fail- cheat day], no eating , no eating (pretty good)
8) Workout 3 times. Get back on my weight training program (Huge In A Hurry) no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no (got in three AMAZING workouts)
9) Walk 3 times no, yes x 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 (FAIL)
10) Daily: (doing pretty darn good)
Multi Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
Fish Oil yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
Arginine yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
Floss yes, yes, yes, no, no, yes, yes

Other
1) Shave (3x) (arms look good, head has a little stubble, face has a thick shadow)
Head yes, no, no, no, no, no, no
Face yes, no, no, no, no, no, no
Arms yes, no, no, no, no, no, no
2) Give blood, if allowed no, no, no, no, no, no, no (started to think I was getting sick, turns out that I wasn't. The girls want to go to a haunted house and the blood center sponsors one every year around Halloween, I'm going to find out when there blood drive is and go then)
3) Tell a total stranger something nice (2x) no, no, yes, no, no, no, no (FAIL)
4) Two random acts of kindness no, no, no, no, yes, no, no (FAIL)
5) One P&C policy (need one to hit my bonus) no (should write it tomorrow), yes x 2, 1 more (hell yeah I rocked it, could have wrote more but need to save them for next quarter)

BTW if anyone wants to do a random act of kindness and help me raise money to fight breast cancer, the link is at the top of the previous page.

I've mentioned this in the past and figured that I'd mention it again since we have a lot of newbies... and regulars that may have missed it. When you donate blood you can list someone (family and friends) to get free blood for the year if they need it. If you would like for me to list your name, just PM me your name and I'll get it taken care of. If nobody responds I'll make my donation for someone local in need, usually a child.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-02-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

My Weekend Report

Not under 1500 calories but 1600 on average not terrible.
Water only 2 liters not 3.
Some exercise both days.

Mike, those squats are killers! I am always cautious with squats because I am scared of doing something wrong and hurting my knees...

Darlene, EXCELLENT week for you!

Joanna, congratulations! 20 pounds is something to be proud of, specially because they are all from your work and determination.

Mern, that baby pic is great! Ugh there should be a button you can press when people start talking smack. like Terri's NOOO button.

Almeeker thats a great gym story!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MAIN80
My Weekend Report

Not under 1500 calories but 1600 on average not terrible.
Water only 2 liters not 3.
Some exercise both days.

Mike, those squats are killers! I am always cautious with squats because I am scared of doing something wrong and hurting my knees...
I forgot to post my weekend goals. I cut my grass and kept my snacking to a minimum today, I didn't go shopping for flooring.

Were you able to do them? If so how many? Depending on what you did, you may feel it tomorrow, if you did them today.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

Mern I will look for the egg substitute I wonder if you can buy just whites? An omelet sounds great I need to think about eggs more often. I had peanut butter on my toast this morning and I drink a protein shake every day it’s chocolate and it makes me feel like I am cheating, it’s great. I settled for a tin of Thai chilli tuna and 8 Kashi crackers, my numbers are fat 27 protein 27 and carbs 46 % so it worked out ok. Thanks for the suggestions I seem to get very routine with my meals then I get bored so I am always up for good healthy ideas.

Mike and Main80 My trainer said I should stick to regular squats until my knee settles down but I am still in for squats as part of our goals next week.
She also recommends Glucosamine to help stop further cartilage damage, it seems like a kick in the butt that being active in sports as a teen has caused me damage now that I am older and trying to get back in shape.
Have a good night, speak to you all tomorrow.

Goals
Say something on the forum every day M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=Y, S=Y Yes
Do not talk diet with family M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N, F=Y, S=Y, S=N Not Bad
Exercise daily M=Aerobics, T=Treadmill, W=Walk, T=Step class, F=Treadmill, S=Treadmill, S=Walk Yes
Calories less than 1500 per day M=1267, T= 1199, W= 1393, T=1354, F=1246, S=1368, S= 1372 Yes
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week M= -794, T= -892, W= -773, T=-1086, F= -742, S= -737, S= -652
week -5676 Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.