Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 9/26

Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Default update on my meeting

Okay, we met for breakfast and I ordered the "healthy" sampler. I'm sure I'm over on my carbs, or will be, but I'm not counting it as a cheat... so I'll remain clean today. I had 2 scrambled eggs, 2 small turkey sausage patties, a yogurt parfait type of deal with mixed fruit and granolla in it and 2 blueberry bran muffins.

I almost ordered the pancakes, cheesy hashbrowns with biscuits and gravy. I think I did okay.

Quinn, I'm sure you'll do just fine on the rum cake. If you're unsure of how it compares to my masterpiece, Fed Ex me a pice and I'll give you my honest opinion.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

I want to apologize for missing everything the past couple of days - work has kept me busy to the point of exhaustion. My goals aren't looking so hot this week, but I've determined that I will just do what I can, when I can. I refuse to feel bad about working hard. The "bad" part of my brain is telling me that I'm using work as an excuse -- but this particular time, I know it's a reason, and not an excuse. I'm on my feet 11-12 hours a day, and I get home exhausted. I can either make myself overtired and do shoddy work, or I can focus and do what needs to be done, the right way.

The good news was that on my weigh-in yesterday (Wednesday) I was 164.3, so I at least haven't gained even though my eating schedule has been really wonky - very up-and-down and I know I've had some extra sodium. I'll do my best to catch up with everyone, though if I miss anything, sorry!!! I love you all!

Ann: So how did your interview go??

wowgirl: Congratulations on getting under 100 kgs!!!! That's a great milestone!

Darlene: I think that guessing at calories in and out is something everyone does -- I post exact numbers here, but you can't really be sure down to the single-digit what your "in" and "out" is - I usually consider my fitday numbers to be accurate +/- 5% and just roll with it. If logging sleep seems to make your math more correct, then you should probably be logging it (I certainly do!). I know that with a lot of other activities I don't log them unless I work up a good sweat - I figure any extra weight loss that happens and surprises me to be a bonus that way!

Mike: Fantastic news on making your bonus, good for you! Also GREAT job on avoiding your blast!! woohoo!!

Rose: "worst case scenario, you will reach your goal weight one day later" Man, I need to remember that. I've been bummed lately because I am going to a wedding in a few weeks, and when I started this whole thing I was hoping to be 140 by the wedding. Well, that's not going to happen unless the weight-loss fairly decides to be kind to me. But hey, when the wedding comes - I've lost OVER 50 LBS. in 10 months. That's awesome. I can't really be mad at myself. I'm still hoping to be under 160 when the wedding comes around (October 15th) and I might make it with a little luck and hard work (I'll need to lose about 4 lbs. in 2 weeks), but either way, counting your blessings and successes is so much better than over-weighting your little failures.

almeeker: I'm with you. I've been in a downer mindset of "I wish this" and "I wish that" but there's no negative that can't be turned into a positive if I MYSELF am doing positive things for my body and my life. Thank you!!!

April: Glad I'm not the only one with the grumpy/needy BF - you hit it right on the head; if I ignore him, or even fail to empathize, he immediately feels belittled and unimportant to me. I don't mind giving him the energy when he needs it; I just wish it didn't screw with my other plans!!

About the weather:
I can't say that I can complain about cold living in Florida, haha! If they see snowflakes people are talking about it WEEKS later. I think I don't necessarily miss the cold, but I just miss...seasons. It feels strange to go from summer to spring-ish and then back again. Massachusetts-ians like to believe they can weather any sort of weather, and that's in my blood.

quinn: What a lovely, lovely thing for your daughter to do. It just shows that one act of kindness really can snowball and turn into many!!

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals:

1) Average 1,200-1,400 calories for the week. No single day over 1,600 cals. M: 1,087T: 1,395 W: 932 (Week Average 1,138)
2) Exercise 4x this week M: Unplanned day off T: No W: No
3) At least 80 oz. of water daily M: no (48?) T: yes W: No
4) Take my multivitamin! M: forgot! T: No W: No
5) 30% protein for the week (average) M: 30% T: 29% W: 23% (Week Average: 27%)
6) Calorie deficit between 5,000-7,000 M: -757 T: -449 W: -912 (Week Total: -2,118)
7) At least three servings of fruits/vegetables a day M: no T: no W: No
8) Report in every day, including weekends M: yes T: Yes W: No
9) Weigh in only on Wednesday M: Didn't weigh T: Didn't weigh W: 164.3

Other Goals:
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes T: yes W: no
2) Clean out the car, it's disgusting M: no T: No W: No
3) Take time out for myself every day M: no T: yes W: No
4) Really work on the backed-up reading for grant M: Read grant, made initial notations T: Met with advsior; she's not ready to discuss W: No

Today is sort of a breather-day in between rows and rows of experiments for the rest of the week. Part of me really REALLY REALLY wants to slack at work, but I'm going to take the time to schedule things and work on my equipment/experimental plans. Slacking is one of those snowballing things for me - I start in one area of my life and it keeps gathering and gathering. I'm hoping that if I keep myself even on work today I'll get my workout in too, since it just didn't happen due to exhaustion for the rest of the week. I'll do everything I can and just try to keep momentum and priorities straight!!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 09-29-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: Fantastic news on making your bonus, good for you! Also GREAT job on avoiding your blast!! woohoo!!

Other Goals:
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes T: yes W: no

~Terri
Thanks. Are you feeling like a new woman yet? 2 out of 3 days isn't bad!

Everyone, My abs are sore, which is a reminder that I did deadlifts. Anyone wanting to work your core/abs while strengthening your back, do deadlifts! I think tonight I may be doing squats, for those wanting to work your core/abs, legs and butt you should do squats. So who's going to put one, or both of those in next weeks goals?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-29-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

OK, I'm back AFTER having done my exercise as promised.

Where's Cassie? Is she on vacation or not well, busy? Anyone know?

I haven't been able to catch up on all the posts from earlier this week. Thanks to all of you for your kind words and encouragement--and threats from Mikes hammer. LOL If anyone was expecting a reply from me and didn't get it, please let me know.

To those of you I didn't address personally below, congrats to you who are doing well and big cyberhugs of encouragement to those who are struggling.

Nailkita, congrats on saying no to the Tim Horton's! I hope I can join you soon at under 200. Congrats on winning that one.

April, congrats on your walk yesterday, especially on the extra lap. You're doing a fantastic job this week on your goals!

Mike! You surely earned a BIDIA (BUT I DID IT ANYWAY) AWARD for resisting that Reese's Blast! Way to go! Also, congrats on continuing to do such a great job this week on your health and fitness goals! How'd you do today for the breakfast with your annuity wholesaler?

Amy, I hope you and DD feel better soon. You surely are doing great on your calorie deficit goal this week!

Darlene, you're doing great on your goals this week! LOL on being polite enough to eat it if someone bought you an ice cream.

Wowgirl, congrats on that marvelous weigh-in yesterday!

Rose, I hope you have a great time this weekend in Amsterdam! Congrats on your awesome day and making it to spin class. Yeah, being over by salmon fats is a GOOD thing with all the Omega-3. 30% fat is still quite respectable--put you at only 26% average for the week, so that's something for which you deserve a huge pat on the back! I figured you already had a plan of attack on the cholesterol, but I had the stuff I posted to you about that saved on my hard drive, so it took only a quick copy & paste to share. I'm curious as to what your advisor told you to do to help bring down your numbers. I'm hoping you have some pointers for me that I can add to my strategy list. Hey, I did kick that devil to the curb yesterday with pizza and breadsticks, chocolate chip cookie cake and full sugar ice cream that my family was eating and that are hard for me to resist. I ate skinless chicken, 1.3 oz. cantaloupe and 1.3 oz. fresh peach for dinner and had a 1 carb chocolate protein shake for dessert--couldn't afford the carbs for the yogurt dessert I had planned, but that was OK. I know what you mean about the Swiss chocolate. Mine isn't that gourmet, but my faves are Sugar Free Russell Stover Dark Chocolate Miniatures and Hershey Sugar Free Special Dark Miniatures, BUT I have to be careful that eating them doesn't put me over my saturated fat target.

Lizzie, yeah, the party went very nicely--thanks. I wouldn't want to be 17 again if I had to lose the knowledge I've gained about life over the years or lose valuable friendships and great experiences I wouldn't have gotten had I taken a different path. Enjoy your weekend in England!

Quinn, you surely have a thoughtful daughter. What a sweetie!

Last edited by Mern; 09-29-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I see you did quite well at your breakfast this morning! Congrats on passing up the pancakes, hash browns, biscuits and gravy!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, Congrats on getting your exercise out the way. Cassie is a slacker, there's no two ways about it. j/k

I posted about my brefkis at the top of this page, thanks for asking.

I just called the blood center to see if I could donate (I wasn't sure if my epidural would cause a problem). They said I'm good to go, so I'll try to go tomorrow since I'll be going to the gym tonight.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, personally, I find it extremely hard to keep up with this active group and I don't work outside the home. I'm sorry you're having to work to the point of exhaustion right now, and agree (even though you don't need anyone's approval) that it's perfectly OK to refuse to feel bad about working so hard being the reason for not being able to keep up with all the posts and getting in your exercise. (Now THERE'S a run-on sentence. LOL) Hey, your goal achievements so far this week have some really good stuff: calorie average, close to protein goal, nice calorie deficit, very nice weigh-in. Be sure to give yourself credit for all the good stuff. I hope you can enjoy as much of that breather-day as you want to. Looks like you've got a good handle on what you need to do. Wow, I'm really impressed. I know you're a great person, successful, well-respected in your field, but the grandma in me is so proud of you for keeping your priorities straight. That's a huge concern of mine with my kids and grandkids--it's half the battle of a successful and happy life...
Old 09-29-2011, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I miss you! I hope everything is OK and that you're just busy.

Mike, sorry you're so sore. I'll stick with my walking and senior citizen strength training and range of motion exercises. Yep, I finally caught that breakfast update post after our posts crossed. Way to go! Good for you on the blood donation.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay, we met for breakfast and I ordered the "healthy" sampler. I'm sure I'm over on my carbs, or will be, but I'm not counting it as a cheat... so I'll remain clean today. I had 2 scrambled eggs, 2 small turkey sausage patties, a yogurt parfait type of deal with mixed fruit and granolla in it and 2 blueberry bran muffins.

I almost ordered the pancakes, cheesy hashbrowns with biscuits and gravy. I think I did okay.

Quinn, I'm sure you'll do just fine on the rum cake. If you're unsure of how it compares to my masterpiece, Fed Ex me a pice and I'll give you my honest opinion.
I think if the rum cake needs a fed-ex judge, it should be someone impartial, like me.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, it sounds like you did very well with your breakfast situation, especially given the other options. I just returned from an unscheduled lunch date with an old friend. We both ordered omelets, I ordered mine with just egg whites, lite on the cheese and a fruit cup instead of toast. When it arrived it had maybe 1-2 egg whites (it was supposed to be 3), there was an insane amount of cheese on it and it had a HUGE heaping side of HASHBROWNS next to it . I was in absolute shock! The menu said NOTHING about hashbrowns, they weren't even on the picture of it, and of course they were piping hot and smelled divine and the waitress was like "do you want me to take them off". Unfortunately the devil on my shoulder grabbed my fork and threatened to stab her if she touched the plate. Ugh. Anyhow, I'm a little over where I was expecting to be at this point in the day, which is a problem because I'm making leg of lamb for dinner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.