FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   50 pounds to lose anyone???? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/525-50-pounds-lose-anyone.html)

stressedoutmama 06-14-2010 12:51 AM

Hey!!! I have 56 lbs. to lose. I actually started out at 273 a few years ago and got down to 197 and then hit the dreaded plateau. The scale didn't budge for what seemed like forever and so instead of rejoicing at where I was, I started packing the pounds back on....feeling like a failure for not hitting goal instead of being proud of how far I'd come....yada yada yada....you know the story.

So now here I sit at 226 and my goal weight is 170. This is my first day using the forum but I've been on fitday for a couple of years. I plan on weighing in on Monday mornings.

Hope you all have a great day. Nice to talk to people who have the same journey as me. :)

RainDropsFalling 06-14-2010 06:34 AM

hawaiiadobo, I need a signature like yours. :) I wish you all the best is losing the weight for your wedding. Do you have a dress picked out already?

stressedoutmama, I think I would be happy at 170 also, but I have never been to that weight so I am not positive about it. I gained all my weight during my first pregnancy, so I jumped from 130 to 200 overnight practically. LOL :o Congrats on your weight loss so far! I look forward to going on this journey with you. I was stuck at a plateau between 195-200 for the past two years, so maybe you and I can be a good encouragement to each other as we break through our similar plateau weight. :)

Since I signed up to begin a couple of days ago, I have not gotten a good start. I've been feeling under the weather and having horrible headaches. I knew I haven't been feeling well when I signed up and that was part of my motivation. I keep thinking a push to get back to exercising and eating better will also improve how I feel. I've been off kilter since summer began.

stressedoutmama 06-14-2010 07:04 AM

raindrops - I know what you mean about feeling under the weather. I had high hopes of getting a good workout in this morning, but my stomach as kept me in the bathroom. It's some sort of bug that has me tired and miserable. I'm feeling some better this afternoon and hopefully can get a workout in when my husband gets home from work. I have 2 boys (ages 3 & 4) and it's nice to have someone here to keep them entertained when I workout....otherwise I have to stop every 5 min. to break up a fight. :rolleyes: I hope you feel better soon!

I hope everyone is having a good day so far. :D

HippyLoveChild 06-14-2010 05:27 PM

New poster here! :) I start my journey today June 15th 2010 at 230lbs and hope to lose 85lbs to get to my goal weight of 145lbs by this time next year! Today I feel like crap. I'm really depressed and just tired of everything, but hey thats what got me here tonight so it cant be all that bad. I will be starting a new set of workouts tomorrow and I will do my best to post everyday. I need the accountability.

I want to feel better about myself and look good in my clothes again.. and I also want to improve my physical relationship with my boyfriend. I don't need to be overweight and nothing will stop me this time.

I look forward to sharing this with all the women on this site and growing with you.

Karen

hawaiiadobo 06-14-2010 06:23 PM

Hey Raindrops - thanks. No dress picked out yet, but I'm loving all the tea-length styles that are kind of a 50s-ish throwback. I used to love my legs, so I'm hoping that I'll get to show them off when they're a bit more svelte.

I gained about 50 pounds over the past 8 years, and set my goal a little less than my lowest adult weight. I know that's not usually recommended, but I'm a big believer in go big (lol) or go home. I'm doing a weigh in tomorrow since it's been a week since I've joined. Anyone want to join in? I'm planning to do it weekly.

Hippylovechild - Our goal is set for around the same time next year. I'll hold you accountable if you do the same for me. :)

hawaiiadobo 06-15-2010 06:13 AM

Did my "official" weigh in this morning. I'm totally stoked - scale was at 213.5. I know most of it is likely water weight, so I take the number with a grain of salt, but it's nice to see it going down.

I actually weigh myself daily, just to keep myself in check, but this morning was the first time it was under 214. All week it was fluctuating between 214-216. Sweet!

EMS1981 06-15-2010 08:01 AM

hawaiiadobo- congrats on the upcoming wedding. i got married last year and i didn't have the motivation to lose any weight. i was content with how i was until the day of the wedding when i had 3 of my friends and my mom trying to close my dress. i don't know how it stayed closed. you would think that it would have motivated me to do something about it at that point but it didn't. it wasn't until after the wedding and the beginning of this year that i realized that something needed to change. i commend you for finding your motivation now. :D

welcome to all the newbies. :D

i'm trying to lose a lot of weight but not as fast of some of you. i'm taking it slowly do it so that i don't get bored or unmotivated. my hubby and i decided to make a lifestyle change this past february and we are currently registered to run a half marathon in october. we jog about 5 days a week and i track about 80% of what i eat. slowly i'm making improvements that i see have changed the way my body looks. i have a lot more free time since i just graduated and hopefully i'll have more time to cook instead of going out. i'm here along with the rest of you in hopes of attaining motivation and to be held accountable. :D

Goal weight (1): 175
Goal weight (2): 150
Goal weight (3): 135

HippyLoveChild 06-15-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by hawaiiadobo (Post 13462)
Hey Raindrops - thanks. No dress picked out yet, but I'm loving all the tea-length styles that are kind of a 50s-ish throwback. I used to love my legs, so I'm hoping that I'll get to show them off when they're a bit more svelte.

I gained about 50 pounds over the past 8 years, and set my goal a little less than my lowest adult weight. I know that's not usually recommended, but I'm a big believer in go big (lol) or go home. I'm doing a weigh in tomorrow since it's been a week since I've joined. Anyone want to join in? I'm planning to do it weekly.

Hippylovechild - Our goal is set for around the same time next year. I'll hold you accountable if you do the same for me. :)

Of course I will! And congrats on your wedding! I need to start weighing myself in the morning. If you'd like we can exchange email to keep each other going? For me I think it would be easier so I dont have to get on the forums everyday, but its up to you.

reywas 06-16-2010 05:06 PM

Hello all. I'm brand new on this site. Finally figured out it might be easier and more fun to try to get to a healthy weight in community. I'm inspired by the notes everyone has made including ideas to get rid of ill-fitting clothes and setting a goal date. Especially motivated by Giannamone\' because we are starting at the same weight (189) and have about the same amount to lose. Looking forward to being a part of this group. Luck to all with daily choices and long-term results.

RainDropsFalling 06-17-2010 04:17 AM

I weighed this morning even though it hasn't been a week, because I will be out of town with no scale and little to no internet access for the next several days. When I weigh, I'll try and put my updates in my signature. The only thing I hate about going out of town is the eating out. I may come back next week and have gained. LOL

EMS1981, that is great that your hubby is on board with all of this you are doing. It must be great to have someone so supportive. The two of you making lifestyle changes and running together is awesome.

EMS1981 06-17-2010 10:33 AM

RainDropsFalling - thanks. :) it took me a long time to get my hubby on board but once he saw i was serious about changing our lifestyle it was great. i have also changed our diet which has benefited his overall health. like i've said before he is thin but had high cholesterol. since we began our journey his cholesterol is now normal and he has more energy. life is pretty good now. :D he keeps me motivated and i keep him on check.

hawaiiadobo 06-17-2010 04:58 PM

Quickie update, I finished 10 days of level 1 of Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred and there is already a slight difference in my body (belly no longer sticks out further than the boobage, stomach looks a little trimmer). Perhaps after the full 30-day cycle I'll have the cojones to post up the before and after pictures. :D

samisweetpea 06-18-2010 05:51 AM

hey everyone I'm fairly new on the forums but I'm really excited about my progress so far and I wanted to post my goal on here. I'm a 26 yr old female, I'm 5"4" and when I started my weight loss journey I weighed in at a whopping 213 pounds. I'm now down to 181 making my total weight loss so far is 32 pounds. I would like to get down to 125 pounds and that means I need to lose 56 more pounds but I'm really determined and I know I can do it...:D

reywas 06-18-2010 07:05 PM

Samisweetpea, welcome. That's really great progress. Good progress to you, too, hawaiiadobo. It's good to hear that we can have visible signs of all our efforts as well as seeing the, often all too slow, downward numbers on the scale. I definitely have a long way to go before my muffin top—or should I say whole-loaf-of-bread-top?— starts disappearing. My big downfall is what I call distracted eating. Today instead of mindlessly eating, I went for a pedicure. One day at a time, so they say.

mtlgirl 06-19-2010 12:57 AM

Hawaiidobo, I am also doing the 30 Day Shred and I've completed about 10 days, and I notice a difference too! Especially in the stomach area but I see a difference in my arms as well. Could it be?

I don't even do it every day, because I am doing the Couch to 5k program 3 times per week and so I do the shred 3 times per week as well and I've still noticed a difference. It is a great workout!

I have had a really hard time taking the weight off since I started this on May 26th. I usually have a 3-4 pound loss on the first week of a big lifestyle change such as this but this time around I only lost 1 pound the first week! Now I'm up to 3.6 pounds in 4 weeks! I am trying so hard not to get discouraged and just moving forward with the exercise and the healthy eating. I have been such a yo-you dieter most of my life, gained and lost up to 50 pounds many many times over. I really want this to be the last time!! I have 49 pounds left to lose to be a healthy size 6. I am very motivated right now and I find your group inspiring! So many of you are successful. Way to go, Group!

hawaiiadobo 06-19-2010 06:36 AM

reywas - i hear you on the loaf of bread top, i definitely got one. Re: the mindless eating, can you just replace your snacks with cut veggies? I usually cut up a bunch of them at the beginning of the week so that when I get a hankering for a snack, I already have them there waiting for me. No excuses that opening a chip bag would be easier.

mtlgirl - I was thinking about doing the couch to 5K too. I just hate running but know I need to get in more cardio. Also, I want to take off a few more pounds so that I'm not killing my knees and ankles with my weight.

mtlgirl 06-19-2010 08:22 AM

hawaiidobo, I HIGHLY recommend the Couch To 5k program. You start very small and gradually build. I have never felt any knee pain and I am carrying 49 extra pounds. I never would have believed that I could ever enjoy running but 3 years ago I signed up for a power walking group and totally enjoyed it. Maybe start with power walking? I joined a club so I was walking with a trainer and a small group of people. We all bonded and I still power walk with them every Sunday morning, just to stay in touch. We do anywhere from 8 to 12k. I think the power walking really helped me make the natural transition to running and now I have to say, I can't get enough of that legendary "runner's high." It is the best feeling in the world!

By the way congratulations on that amazing 4.5 pound weight loss in one week!!!! I am so jealous! I have been at it for 3 weeks and haven't even lost that much. I have no idea what's going on with my body but I am not giving up. Something's got to give soon!

hawaiiadobo 06-22-2010 06:34 AM

Woohoo! Another 1.5 pounds lost this week. I went to my parents' place this weekend and my mom and grandma noticed a difference from the last time I saw them (3 weeks ago). Relish the small victories.

mtlgirl 06-22-2010 12:44 PM

Way to go, hawaiiadobo!! Awesome job... don't you just LOVE it when people notice the weight loss? It just feels like all the hard work is paying off.

I am really excited! I was having such a slow start when it came to the weight loss this time around. My first week I only lost 1 pound which is very unusual. I normally have a big loss the first week. Now I am on week 4 and I lost 3 pounds!!! I took the advice of several members here on Fitday and I added a lot more protein to my daily intake. This past week I ate between 30-35% protein and what a difference it made on the scale! Greek yogurt is my best friend! Woohoo!

HippyLoveChild 06-22-2010 03:18 PM

AWESOME JOB to everyone above me losing the lbs! Keep it up!

For me its been one week since I started and I've only lost one pound.. It is a little depressing to see such little change, but I will definitely press on. I went running tonight after the storms passed and I really enjoyed it! I can just about run a full mile without having to stop and walk and its really exciting to not be basically dying when I run.

mtlgirl 06-23-2010 03:12 AM

HippyLoveChild, I am so impressed with your running skills! Way to go. And don't worry about the 1 pound loss, that's exactly how much I lost my first week and this week (my 4th) I lost 3 pounds so go figure.... just keep moving forward and the pay-off will come!

Have a great day, Everyone :)

RainDropsFalling 06-23-2010 09:21 AM

I arrived home from being out of town, and I am happy to report that my scale was 202.6 lbs! Okay, I know that a .6 gain is nothing to normally be happy about, but I am happy because when I am out of town I tend to eat out more, thus resulting in weight gain. To not gain anything is a good thing. :p Normally, I am one of those people who never eats out, so being out of town and eating out is a bad thing for me. LOL I have one more week at home, and then it is back out for another week. If I can lose 2 lbs. this week at home, and keep it off while I am away for a week, then I can stay on target for my goal for the month. :)

hawaiiadobo 06-23-2010 02:45 PM

Hippylovechild Mtlgirl and Raindrops - even small victories are still victories. Woohoo!

hawaiiadobo 06-23-2010 03:05 PM

On a side note - man oh man, I cannot wait to be under the 200 mark.

RainDropsFalling 06-24-2010 10:10 AM

You will get there hawaiiadobo! How long has it been since you were below the 200 mark?

Sveva 06-24-2010 06:37 PM

Hey everyone! Just had to spread the good news. I am down 10 pounds these past 2 weeks. Only 2 more to go to loose my "vacation weight". YAY ME!:D

samisweetpea 06-26-2010 04:50 AM

woohoo I'm now below 180 I weigh 179 now. I'm so excited I can't remember the last time I was in the 170's:D:D:D

RainDropsFalling 06-26-2010 11:50 AM

samisweetpea, yay! Good for you! (I haven't been that low for over 13 years!)

Update for me: I weighed and measured myself today since I am going away again on Monday and won't be around a scale for more than a week. I wanted to get my end of the month weight in before I go. I am weighing once a week and measuring once a month. So................ (drumroll) I met my June goal of 200 lbs. I hope I can keep it there while I am gone this next week. Time will tell when I return. :)

So my July goal is to get to 195. I think I will just have a 5 pound a month goal.

Need to update my signature. :)

sweetsu7 06-27-2010 09:27 AM

Room for one more?

Hello Ladies,
I started the Fit Day journey yesterday. However, I have kept 20 lbs I lost last year off but want to lose 62 lbs by 11-18. I have been walking on average 2 miles a week for the last month. So, that has really helped with motivation.

starting weight: 212 lbs.
Goal Weight: 150 lbs

I hope you have room for one more on this thread. You all sound very motivated and supportive. As am I.

Thanks,
Sue

sweetsu7 06-27-2010 09:30 AM

Congratulations to your successes ladies!!!! Your continued weight loss reports are very motivating.

hollypi 06-27-2010 01:08 PM

It's great to see so many people working...

toward their goals. It's less lonely when you know other people are wopking toward similar goals! :)

Here are my goals:

Fitday Start - 6/19/2010
Start Weight: 345 lbs.
Current Weight: 335 (6/28/10) Yeah! (even though i know the first come off easiest):D
Weight lost this week: -1.5
Total weight lost: -10
Goal Weight: 250 lbs
Goal Date: June 20, 2011
Mini Goal: 310 by end of August

sweetsu7 06-27-2010 03:15 PM

Hollypi,
congrats on the 1.5 lb weight loss. Great job!!! I look forward to reporting my first week too.
Have a great Monday ladies!! I will be out early in the morning for another walk.
I am liking the food journaling, at least for now. It is helping me to see what I eat most of and so far, it has only been 2 days, the carbs are on the high end.
I am going to do some research on what is recommended for daily intake on carbs, fats etc..

Sue

HippyLoveChild 06-27-2010 04:40 PM

Good job to the losers and welcome to the new people! We can all do this together!

I weigh in on Tuesday and I must say im a little scared. My boyfriends birthday was this weekend and I ate... I ate cake and peanut butter cookies. We also went out to dinner with his parents once and together tonight. I have been running every night and can finally do 1 mile running without stopping!!!! YAYY!!! we'll see on Tuesday if I stayed the same or lost. My first week I only lost a pound soo hopefully I didnt put all my hard waste in the trash.

hawaiiadobo 06-27-2010 07:42 PM

raindrops - I haven't been under 200 probably for the past 2 or 3 years I think. It kind of crept up on me when I started working in an office. Congrats on meeting your goal!

hippylovechild - my weigh in is on Tuesday too! I'm hoping to be at least at the 210 mark. :D

55mandy55 06-29-2010 05:14 AM

Hi there,

I'm new to FitDay and need to get a little more serious about losing weight, so here I am. While my second goal weight [I'm just 3lbs shy of my current goal weight so that doesn't count] is only 40lbs away, I would LOVE to lose 50lbs.

So here we go. I don't plan on weighing myself for two weeks, I'm going to count calories daily and exercise as frequently as I can! [I am currently enrolled in a 5 day a week, 1 hour a day fitness bootcamp that I have been doing for 3 months now and simply adore]

Hopefully you guys can help keep me in line and we can give each other the motivation to keep going. :)

hawaiiadobo 06-29-2010 06:40 AM

Official weigh in was today and I'm at 209.1! Ridiculous. I know that the first pounds are the easiest to come off - but still, it's amazing how a little goes a long way.

sweetsu7 06-29-2010 02:48 PM

Hi hawaiidobo, 55member55, and anyone else I forgot. I appreciate the support, it is motivating. I started walking a few months ago and amped up the frequency Saturday to everyday. Missed this morning due to poor sleep. As of yesterday I had lost 1lb. I know it could be water but I will take it.
Just took some steamed broccoli and cauliflower out of the pan and my salmon just dinged on the oven. Better dash off.
Walking tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it.

I will hold off weighing myself again until this Saturday when it will be 1 full week. :)

I wish you all a motivating Wednesday. We can do this. I will see you all tomorrow. Thanks for the welcome for this newbie!!!

Hugs,
Sue

HippyLoveChild 06-29-2010 03:26 PM

Awesome job Hawaii! I'm soo happy for you, you'll be under the 200 mark in NO TIME!

Hey sue you just made me hungry thinking about your dinner tonight! Salmon is my all time favorite food! Since i'm mostly vegan I only get to enjoy it once a year on my birthday or if my boyfriend takes me out (which is rare :D).

I was suppose to weigh in this morning but I was in such a rush I ran out the door without doing it. I will definitely weigh in in the morning and post tomorrow! Lets hope for at least 1 pound!

EMS1981 06-29-2010 04:30 PM

Everyone is doing such a great job. Congrats to everyone who's sticking to it. I was under the 200 mark a couple of weeks ago and gained so much confidence that I indulged on a lot of sweets. I don't feel guilty about it or ashamed it just made me realize that I need to be more disciplined about it.

Yesterday I added the 30 Day Shred into my exercise routine along with jogging every evening with the hubby. I really think that I'm capable of sticking to it and I am pleased with the endurance I have gained.

Keep it up ladies. I'll be lurking around the posts.

samisweetpea 06-30-2010 03:58 AM

:D:D
I lost another pound this morning, that makes my grand total 35 pounds lost and only 53 more to go woohoo!!:D