FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   50 pounds to lose anyone???? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/525-50-pounds-lose-anyone.html)

HGBilbruck 02-26-2010 12:16 PM

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Hey I just wanted to give a shout out to all my fellow fitdayers that are losing 50 pounds. How are you all doing? I started this journey with the hopes of losing 52.8 pounds and so far I've lost 8. So only 44.8 more to go. If only they all came off as they do the first week. I just started eating healthy on the 19th and to lose 8 pounds in a week I was happy. So here I sit on day 9 and I'm the same weight as I was yesterday. What gives? :confused: I'll just keep pluggin along.
I hope you all have a great weekend!

kkilber 02-28-2010 01:22 PM

Hey there! My actual goal is to lose a total of 65 lbs., but I wanted to reach out and say hi. I have only lost 1.4 lbs so far (hey - it's a start!), but I have only been doing this for 3 days. I am not weighing every day, as that gets me down when I don't see the scale move as fast as I would like. Once or twice a week will help keep me motivated and also satisfy my curiosity. I am also eating healthier, eating the proper amount of calories, and exercising.

I also notice that we have the same goal weight in mind - I started out at 220, and my goal weight is 155.

Sveva 03-01-2010 05:34 PM

Hi Ladies (I assume :o )!

I hope to lose 70 pounds. I didn't think I fit into the 100 category, and I didn't really think I fit into this one either, but at least this one is closer.

Anyway, I just started last week. I have not weighed myself yet. I think I will run into the weight room before Aquacize tomorrow night and weigh myself.

I just wanted to say Hi and best of luck to you both!

~ Cheers!

JChave 03-01-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by HGBilbruck (Post 4568)
Hey I just wanted to give a shout out to all my fellow fitdayers that are losing 50 pounds. How are you all doing? I started this journey with the hopes of losing 52.8 pounds and so far I've lost 8. So only 44.8 more to go. If only they all came off as they do the first week. I just started eating healthy on the 19th and to lose 8 pounds in a week I was happy. So here I sit on day 9 and I'm the same weight as I was yesterday. What gives? :confused: I'll just keep pluggin along.

Hi There (Gotta think lbs..kilos here in Auz)
I started on the 15/2 at 237 set a part goal of 24lbs by my 60th Bday on the 18/03.
to date I have lost 14lbs and I am very happy because I have a thyroid problem and thought I could not loose weight. (I had put on 45-50lbs in 12 months) Havent set a final goal..thought I would take it in steps. A possible diabetes scare gave me the kick start I needed to get going. My tip is high protein..as in fish and chicken..avocardo,asparagas,snow peas, bananas, good mixed salads. I did research best eats for thyroid issues. Other tip is to add something mid morning,mid afternoon and mid evening..but I keep within calorie count of approx 1000 per day.
I am using Fitday and it is great, The food analysis shows these eats are pretty balanced in nutrition. Maybe protein a bit high..but hey its has started to work.
Hope this is okay here I have not posted before. Just hope this sick thyroid of mine
does not sabotage me,,,or me sabotage me:)) My final thought is that when I have this diabetes test I will have pushed the result below borderline..Cheers me 5'5 too

notproudofthis 03-02-2010 02:19 PM

55 and losingg

:DHello all fitdayers....I have 55 pounds to lose, I started this program about 3 or 4 days ago, when i first weighed myself i was 240 pds. that was 20 daysago. i weighed myself again about 4 days ago and i was 233 and now im 229.5 , I eat about 1000 calories aday but seem to be losing fast. I dont want to lose to fast but i dont not want to lose any at all... erggg. i guess some is better than none. I participate in a hour yoga class, and do 20 minute cardio. i still dont know if that expalins it or not. but good luck to everyone. just remember that you CAN do it!!!!

Sveva 03-08-2010 05:13 PM

Hey! I am so impressed and had to share it somewhere! :D I lost 9 pounds this past week! YAY ME!

arcy 03-09-2010 04:37 PM

hi

need to drop about 70# hope to start with 10%thats about 20 for now

Yeah to the 9 Pound loss!!!!

arcy

Sveva 03-09-2010 05:00 PM

Hi Arcy! I think 10% is a really good start. Are you following a specific "diet" or anything?

Thanks for the "yeah" :) I was pretty excited!

Best of luck!

Originally Posted by arcy (Post 5495)
need to drop about 70# hope to start with 10%thats about 20 for now

Yeah to the 9 Pound loss!!!!

arcy

Sveva 03-18-2010 05:11 PM

Hello again! I know it's been a while. Overdid it the first of the week and have not been on here much except to log my exercise and foods.

I just wanted to say I lost another 16 pounds since I last posted in this thread, for a total of 25 pounds! Only 10 more to go before I am in the 100-pound club! And only 55 pounds to go to meet my goal! I am pretty excited.

I think having my thyroid meds adjusted had helped! :p

CHEERS~

EMS1981 03-20-2010 03:06 AM

I'm with you guys on losing 50+ pounds. I goal is 150lbs (5lbs under my hubby) and so far I think I'm doing great. I'm like a tortoise slow but steady I will obtain my goal.;)

My bigger goal besides losing weight is becoming a healthier individual and the way I feel is considerably different then when I began my journey.

Keep it up everyone and don't get discouraged before you know it we'll be posting on here our new goals of being under 150. :D

breayaw 03-23-2010 03:13 AM

Hi everyone!
Can I join the 50 pounders?
My name is Brea, and Im turning 22 really soon.. :)
I just started fit day yesterday and went to my first class last night! It was really tough but felt good to be really sore. I feel like I got in a killer workout!
My GOAL is to eventually weigh 135lbs.. right now Im at a whopping 193. I feel so uncomfortable in my own skin.

I hope you all are staying motivated.. I'll sure be needing it. GOOD LUCK!!!

-brea

kr1styk 03-23-2010 06:38 AM

Im right there with ya Brea.
"My GOAL is to eventually weigh 135lbs.. right now Im at a whopping 193. I feel so uncomfortable in my own skin. "
I started out at 199, at the begining of Feb this year. As of today, March 23, im at 186. My goal is right around the same as yours. 140, with my height im afraid anything less then 140 will look bad on me. GOOD LUCK ALL!

Luna_Vex 03-24-2010 12:48 PM

I need to lose 45 lbs. to be the right weight for my height. I weigh 154.8 as of the 23. I've been very slowly losing weight, but now I've finally dusted off my old diet that let me lose 40 lbs 3 years ago (since I never regained what I lost I assume it's a good diet!) and I'm ready to start again!

kr1styk 03-25-2010 12:53 AM

So Luna, what is your old diet that worked??

annamf89 03-25-2010 04:31 PM

hi everyone!
i entered this year weighing in around 200 lbs. for the past three months i had began to take small baby steps and managed to lose 4 lbs by restricting my soda intake. yet this is not enough for me. right now i currently weigh 196 lbs, and my ultimate goal is to reach 140 lbs by the end of this year. i have started exercising daily, and i am changing the way i eat. for me, joining this website has already helped me in a positive way. when i read about everyone's frustrations AND triumphs, it helps to know that there is support out there! i strongly believe we can all accomplish our goals! :D

TiaShizzle 03-26-2010 03:25 PM

Hey everyone. I have alot of weight to lose. My current goal is to lose 45 lbs but I eventually would love to lose 120 - 150lbs. I weight 252 and im 5'1. My "healthy" weight range is 132 - 98 and Im sooooooo far from that. Lol. I just want to take one step at a time and drop this weight while Im still young. :)

kcollins68 03-27-2010 09:38 AM

A lot more to go...

I used to be 310 lbs. Wow, that is a lot! Now I am 180 lbs and need to loose yet another 50 lbs to get to a normal healthy weight. I doubt I will ever reach that weight. However, I am going to try. :)

Luna_Vex 05-18-2010 10:32 AM

8th week check in

Originally Posted by Luna_Vex (Post 6707)
I need to lose 45 lbs. to be the right weight for my height. I weigh 154.8 as of the 23. I've been very slowly losing weight, but now I've finally dusted off my old diet ... and I'm ready to start again!

Everyone! Just checking in.
On the 23rd of February I weighed 154.8 lbs (70.2 Kilograms)
As of the 30th of April I hit 147.2 lbs (66.8 kg)
Then due to raining out my walks and turning to food for comfort I have rollercoastered all month.
So today I present myself having hit 146.8 lbs (66.6 kg <--- hillarious!)

Diet : minus 500 kilocalories + 2/ 2.5 hours of extra (as in besides what I've always had to do) walking daily (except with the stupid rain) no oils, nuts, sauces, creams or whole milk. 1 sugar cookie/ 3/4 oreo-style and black coffee for breakfast yoghurt/fruit/ 6 saltine-style crackers for a snack.

All of the above in theory anyway, I actually enjoy one chocolate covered cherry or a mini peanut butter cup every other day or so, add an icecream sandwhich 2-3 times a week and you have the reason why I'm progressing slowly, but comfortably. piano-piano ("little by litte") as they say here in Italy

---STATS---
Days: 56
Total Change: -7.94 lbs -3.6 k
Daily Change: -0.133175 -0.0643k
Bust: -1cm*
Belly: -1cm*
Booty: -3cm* (:D)
*From April 13 to present
Need to lose circa 37 lbs 16.6k
My Goal for month's end: reach 145.3 lbs 65.8kgs Wish me luck everyone:cool:

leosk123 05-18-2010 10:59 AM

Count me in!

Hey fellow travelers-I'm at 228 and need to be around 150...but I've NEVER had success losing in over 30 years of dieting. I have hypothyroid as well as type II diabetes, and that does make it difficult, but I've stood in my own way more than anything else-until NOW!!

My very small goal is 8 pounds in the first 4 weeks-so I want to hang out with you 50+ ladies, so we can encourage each other!!

Kathy

Sveva 05-18-2010 06:44 PM

WOW kcollins! That is a substantial loss you have achieved! Way to go!!! If you were able to lose all you have, I am sure that the other 50 will come off as well!

What an inspiration you are!

Originally Posted by kcollins68 (Post 6969)
I used to be 310 lbs. Wow, that is a lot! Now I am 180 lbs and need to loose yet another 50 lbs to get to a normal healthy weight. I doubt I will ever reach that weight. However, I am going to try. :)

mariasefue 05-25-2010 10:45 AM

Hi everyone! I am looking to lose 72lbs. Like Sveva this is the closest thread I could find to my weight loss goal. I am 5'4 and currently weigh in at 192! :mad: This is the most I have ever weighed and I feel like it just snuck up on me! So I am watching what I eat (no specific diets for me) and working out daily. I can't wait to see some progress. All your stories are so inspiring!

--------------------------------------------

Starting Weight 5/25/10: 192lbs
Current Weight: 192lbs
Goal Weight: 120lbs

tjkhoover 05-25-2010 11:20 AM

Hi everybody! I have about 62 lbs. to lose. I just started using fitday and found it to be a real nice tool. Looking forward to getting to know some of you better in our journey to good fitness and healthy weights. :)

dizzy_44 05-25-2010 10:15 PM

Morning everyone. I am 5'8" and am trying to get down to about 140 lbs (hopefully by New Years Eve). I started this journey on March 28 at 217 lbs so I needed to lose 77 lbs. Today, I am 196 lbs so I still have 56 lbs to go. My next goal is set for August 1, and I would really like the scale to read 175 lbs.

This journey seems a lot easier and more pleasant when you have someone to share it with. It's nice to meet you all. Good luck.

EMS1981 05-27-2010 05:43 PM

How is everyone doing so far? It seems like we haven't been holding each other accountable like the other "clubs." I'm going to start being more active on here because I just bought a new dress to motivate me and hopefully it works. I'm planning on wearing it on my birthday so here goes. :D

__________________________________________________ _________________
Like a tortoise slow and steady I will win the race!

Starting weight: 215lbs
Current weight: 199lbs

Goal weight (1st): 175lbs
(2nd): 150lbs
(3rd): 135lbs

tahl2 05-28-2010 12:31 AM

I have just tuned in! I would like to lose 68lbs I think you are doing great, but weighing in everyday could be the wrong thing to do. I have read many times weigh yourself once a week on the same scale. By the way I started on Sunday, weighing in at 253lbs and have been exercising daily. I also have been eating properly and logging everything. I will be watching your progress!! Good Luck!

zahut 05-28-2010 05:46 AM

I joined a gym the last week of January. So far I have only lost 11 pounds, which is not that great. I feel like I have my mind committed to working out because I go at least 4 days a week and most of the time 6 days a week. Now I just need to get committed to changing the way I eat. 3 weeks ago I started eating oatmeal for breakfast every morning and I always have a Weight Watchers meal for lunch. Now I just need to control my snacks and supper. I started at 248. My first goal is 198. After that I will see where I want to go. Good luck everyone!

dizzy_44 05-28-2010 10:11 AM

Dizzy's Motivation

Well, lately I've been getting a little off track and making some not-so-great food choices. So I had to up the ante for staying "in line" and refocusing. So this is what I did yesterday. (I'm an "all or nothing" type person) I cleaned out my closet, drawers, everything and if it said 2X on the label, it's gone to charity:eek:. I also bought a couple cute XL outfits (second hand, pretty cheap). The only things I didn't do the clean out on were my scrubs cause I gotta work.

I know a lot of you are reading this and thinking "is she nuts?" but if I give myself a way out, I'll take it. Taking away the safety net (fat clothes) may not work for everyone, but it makes me feel more motivated.

giannamone' 05-28-2010 12:35 PM

Congrats to everyone who is losing weight. I just started today (5-28-10) and I have 54 lbs. to lose. It has been really hard for me to stay motivated while on this weight loss mission so my doctor recommended this site. Hopefully I can get the motivation and support from you gals that are already seeing the weight come off.

Starting weight: 189
Goal weight: 135

Luckygir15 05-29-2010 01:42 AM

Looks like I should be in on this thread!!!! I need to loose 50 pounds from where I am now! Ughhh I know this is a long journey, but it will be worth it in the end.

Lately I've been kicking butt in the gym, and met with a trainer on Thursday night (I can still barely move)

Off to Zumba now!!!!! (Wish me luck, cus I will need it)

I'm 5'9" and I really need to get to 145 to be healthy! I know we can all do it!!!!

EMS1981 05-31-2010 07:08 AM

Welcome to all the newbies. :D

dizzy_44 - I totally agree on the all or nothing attitude. I have a couple of jeans that need replacing but I refuse to get ones the same size since I have ones that are a smaller size in my closet. I'm either I'm going to wear the old ones that are falling apart or I'm going to get my butt in shape to wear the perfectly good ones a size smaller. :D

__________________________________________________ _________________
Starting weight: 215
Current weight: 199
Goal weight: 175
Ultimate Goal weight: 135

JackieMoreno 05-31-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by HGBilbruck (Post 4568)

How did you lose sooooo much soooo fast? I have been trying for the last 31/2 weeks and only lost 2lbs. I have learned that i eat a lot of carbs, and fat. How do I combat this? Help!!!

jineat 05-31-2010 10:10 AM

Hello! I just joined today and need to lose 50lbs. Can anyone tell me if Fitday gives you a meal plan or does it just give you a calorie plan?

Wishing everyone luck on their journey

dizzy_44 05-31-2010 11:17 AM

Hi Jackie... I know this question was for HGB, but I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents. IMO, When choosing carbs, choose the best complex carbs. Fruits and veggies (with the emphasis on veggies.) I don't eat white refined carbs at all (bread, pasta, potatoes, white rice,sugar, etc) and I follow a predominantly natural diet. No processed food (well almost). I like lean protein, chicken breast or fish during the week, but on the weekend, I'm not opposed to 4-5 oz of well bbqed steak. Like you, before I started this, I was a total carbaholic. My diet consista of 40% complex carbs now. Once I changed my eating habits, it became natural and habitual.

At the end of the day, you have to do what fits your lifestyle and what you can live with. This is what works for me. You're already heading in the right direction by studying your pie chart and knowing where it needs to change.

And look, you've already lost 2 pounds. Good for you.

Good luck on this journey...You can do it.

dizzy_44 05-31-2010 11:20 AM

EMS... you'll be there sooner than you think.

EMS1981 06-02-2010 02:43 PM

I'm hoping its sooner than later though. :D I'm putting it on high gear once I'm finished with school. I'll have plenty of time while I find a job.

How is everyone else doing out there? I've got the whole exercise things down its just the eating a balanced meal that I'm having difficulty with. I know what I should be doing but since I'm coming up to finals I'm giving myself a break from obsessing about all my dinning options.

I hope everyone is staying motivated though. I'm in it for the long haul so I'll be lurking around the posts.

__________________________________________________ ______________
Starting weight: 215
Current weight: 199
Ultimate goal weight: 135

HGBilbruck 06-02-2010 04:59 PM

Jackie, It was the first week and I think I just shocked my body into losing weight I think I lot of it was water retention. I had a HORRIBLE diet before starting with fitday. I started eating lots of salads and measuring and weighing everything. I became a little obsessive alot if you ask my husband. I have once again fell off the wagon becasue I think I worried about it too much in the beginning. So here I sit with at least 50 pounds to lose. I'd like to get back down to at least 155 but am shooting for 145. So I have 57 pounds to lose. I am starting again tomorrow. June 3rd will be my new day 1. I should get to go on vacation to the ocean finally on July 25th or sometime around there so I have 53 days roughly to lose what I can. I'm hitting it hard and gonna work my butt off. I'll keep you all posted as to my progress. I'll weigh and measure in the morning to track my progress. Yippee! Yikes!

Everyone keep up the good work! We can do it!

HGBilbruck 06-05-2010 02:21 AM

So I've started agin on my journey. I weighed in at 213.2 on June 2nd and as of this morning I weigh 207. :eek: I am being very diligent and following my herbalife plan to a T. I feel great, on top of that as today is only day 3 for my eating plan it is Day 4 for being cigarette free! I'm just gonna kill all my vices at once. I take measurements again on day 7 and see how thats progressing. I really feel great and I'm not starving constantly like before. YEA ME! oh yeah and no soda for 3 days either! I'll keep you posted!:p

happy_spinster 06-11-2010 08:16 AM

I'm not new to FitDay, but I've never bothered to post to the forums. So I'm a semi-newbie.

I first joined FD several years ago when I was doing Atkins. I lost a huge amount of weight low-carbing (went from 210 to 155 in 5 months), even without calorie-counting, but gradually slipped back into carb addiction and the weight piled back on. For the last year, I've been back up around 210 and not liking it one bit. But between the sugar cravings and the fact that I just ate too blasted much I had a hard time getting in gear to drop all that weight again. But here I am.

I weighed in at 212 on June 1st, and this morning I was at 203. According to my pants and the tape measure I haven't lost a thing, but I'm just about to start my period so I expect the "whoosh" to kick in soon.

Dizzy_44 has pretty much described my current eating plan:

Originally Posted by dizzy_44 (Post 12231)
When choosing carbs, choose the best complex carbs. Fruits and veggies (with the emphasis on veggies.) I don't eat white refined carbs at all (bread, pasta, potatoes, white rice,sugar, etc) and I follow a predominantly natural diet. No processed food (well almost). I like lean protein, chicken breast or fish during the week, but on the weekend, I'm not opposed to 4-5 oz of well bbqed steak. Like you, before I started this, I was a total carbaholic. My diet consista of 40% complex carbs now. Once I changed my eating habits, it became natural and habitual.

The most important three things here for me are no "white carbs," minimal processed food, and lots of fresh vegetables. I also don't consume any alcohol on a day-to-day basis.

But I've also had to face the fact that how I eat is just as important as what I eat. I've always had a bad habit of eating too quickly, so by the time my brain got the signal that I was full I had already eaten a huge amount of food. I went from "ravenous" to "stuffed," with no stopping off at "satiety." Dinner was over when all the food was gone or I was too full to eat more--not when I was satisfied.

So I decided to try eating at a much slower pace--taking time to chew my food thoroughly, putting the fork down between bites, not taking another bite until I've swallowed the one I was working on. And so far, it's making all the difference. It took me a couple of days to learn how to recognize when I was satisfied and take the cue to stop eating, but now that I've got it, it's changed everything.

I now eat less--I eat less than half what I used to, and I'm satisfied. My blood sugar seems to be much more stable; I don't automatically get "the shakes" if I go more than 6 hours between meals anymore. I'm not hungry all the time, and I can now recognize real hunger, as opposed to "the munchies." Right now, I'm eating two meals a day, with no snacks in between, because that's all I really want. If I have any problems to report, it's that I'm having a hard time eating enough calories.

Oh, and my sugar cravings are gone. I used to crave chocolate and cookies and donuts and such, and while they're not forbidden I just don't want any of it. I got offered a big, beautiful chocolate-chocolate chip cookie yesterday, and turned it down because I just had no desire for it whatsoever. That's just crazy. That's never happened.

So I'm really happy with how things are going so far, and just thought I'd add my experience here in case it helps somebody.:)

RainDropsFalling 06-12-2010 04:28 PM

Hello, ladies. I am new here. Just joined. I don't know for certain what my ultimate goal weight is, but 50 pounds is sounding pretty good. I hope you all don't mind me joining your thread. :) Losing weight is always difficult for me. For the past 13 or so years I have not weighed under 185. I am currently around 210, but for the past two years I have hovered between 195-200. I'll have to check my exact weight in the a.m.

I realized years ago what one of my worst eating problems is.... I have what I call bulimic tendencies. I am not a true bulimic, but after journaling my eating I discovered that I will go several days on 500-700 calories and then I have a couple of binge days on near 3000 calories. It's a bad cycle and I have been working to break it. I also have been working to break another bad eating habit and that is that I am one of those people who eats one large meal a day. I have been trying to retrain myself to eating several small portions throughout the day.

Anyhow, that is a little about me and my problems that I have identified. Food wise, I have quite a bit of food allergies and so that severely limits what I can eat. I like to drink hot tea throughout the day and I confess I need to increase my water intake.

That is a little about me. I look forward to jumping into this thread and getting to know all of you. :)

hawaiiadobo 06-13-2010 11:51 AM

Hi all,

Yes! I was hoping for this thread. My weigh in when I started Fitday last week was 218. I'm hoping to get down to 150 by next June 4 (my wedding day). So I have 69 pounds to lose. My mini goal is to get down to 175 by Thanksgiving.

I've been diligently logging my food and exercise on Fitday and am doing the 30-Day Shred along with a few of Jillian's other workout tapes to kick myself into gear. Also, it's to get me used to incorporating exercise into my daily routine. Once I'm done with the Shred, I'm planning to switch things up with either a different set of tapes or come up with my own plan. Since it's been a while since I've worked out regularly (about 8 years to be exact) it's nice to have a pre-made routine for you with the tapes. And it's something I can do in the privacy of my own home.

I think the only way to break a bad habit is to replace it with a better one, so here we go!