Community
Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 07-06-2010, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

I hard trouble this weekend keeping my head above water. I didnt really pay close attention to what I ate and with my boyfriends birthday being last week it was like a double whammy on me! I will weigh in in a few days hopefully I dont gain and if I do then i'll just kick myself a bit harder. I did do tons of swimming this weekend and my muscles are very sore! I feel muscles today that I never even knew existed! Its a new week now, Thursday I go in for a new job, Im ready to take it on with force!

Ohh and im reading a lot about this 30 day shred.. Would you all reccomend it? Is it pricey? I was looking into P90X but i just cant afford thatright now.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

I lost 2 more pounds woohoo I'm down to 175 making my total weight loss 38 pounds! I'm so proud of myself!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

HippyLoveChild, I higly recommend the 30 Day Shred and it is not very pricey at all. I paid $14.99 for it and that is in Canada. I bet it's even cheaper in the U.S. You need to have a yoga mat and a set of light weights. I use 5 pound weights but I would recommend getting 4 pound weights because I find it pretty damn tough!

In 4 weeks of doing the workout 3 times per week, I lost 1.5 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips. My stomach looks much more defined and my arms are way tighter. It really does produce fast results but Jillian Michaels will kick your butt! Just be warned... you may bot be able to sit down the next day after the first workout!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

I came back from being out of town a few days ago, and I was up 2 pounds. I also am at that time of the month, so I am trying not to allow the 2 pound gain to get me down. I keep telling myself that I always bloat and retain water during that time, and so I am not going to weigh myself again for my "official" weigh in until I finish my time. It is only fair to myself, since I do tend to retain water at that time. If I am still 2 pounds up when I am finished, then I can beat myself up for it. LOL In a week and half I will be going out of town again, but this time for only a few days. I really hate all this eating out. I can feel my sodium levels in my body are too high. I need to get some bananas so I can balance it with the potassium, but right now I have no money till the end of the week.

Sorry if my post is a bummer. You ladies are all doing great and it is such an encouragement. Just being able to be in a thread with all of you who are (mostly) around my same size, and working on similar weight loss goals is such an encouragement. It is encouraging to not be alone in this.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

mtlgirl - I have 3 days left of level 3 and I am done - I've been trying to do it everyday (missed only 4 days, but I make them up). Level 2 and 3 are killer. Just when you get used to one, BAM, Jillian kicks your butt again. BTW - you're on track to obliterate your mini goal. WOOHOO!

hippylovechild - 30 day shred is cheap (I think Walmart has it for 10 bucks or so). And it's about 30 minutes including warmup and after stretching. It works for me because I don't have to go to the gym, it has minimal needs (weights and a mat) and it's short enough that I can't make excuses. If I have time for half an hour of web surfing or TV, then I should have 30 minutes to work out. I was skeptical at first, but I've been seeing results (with a better diet too of course).

samisweetpea - congrats!

raindropsfalling - I weigh myself daily (and sometimes more than once a day), so don't worry too much about the 2 lbs (as long as you're keeping with your diet and excercise. I've fluctuated as much as 4-5 pounds in a day.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hi. My goal is around 50 and I know how you feel. I have started looking at measurements and only weighing in once a month with my trainer. Sometimes the scale is not my friend
Old 07-07-2010, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

Hey there.
I was so sad! I did absolutely aweful yesterday. Well I started out great, but then once I went to work it all went down the drain. I had fried chicken and an ice cream shake... No bueno. I'm hoping I can make up for that disaster today

and thanks for the advice mtlgirl, I will look into the video
Old 07-08-2010, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Down a total of 7 lbs since I started June 26

Ok, I can't believe it. I am down 7 lbs since I started June 26. Whoohoo!!!! I have made some poor eatting choices that I take responsibility for but also changed the calories up for the next time I ate to compensate. Also, increased my power walking from 3 miles a week to 5.2 miles a week.
Ok, I am off to post in my food journal. Keep up moving forward. We can do this ladies!!!! It is motivating for me to read your posts so thank you so much for sharing. I had hoped to be on before this to share. I will work on that.

Hugs,
Sweet Sue
Old 07-08-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

ok I know I just posted yesterday but I weighed myself again today and I lost another pound I'm now down to 174, I'm no longer considered obese yay!! Everyone else keep up the good work ladies, we can do this!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hawaiiadobo, thank you SO MUCH for the encouragement! It means a lot... I was feeling really guilty just now because I was not able to do my 30 Day Shred this morning due to the insane heat wave we are having! I'm going to wake up even earlier tomorrow and hopefully get it done before the temperatures skyrocket! I am so impressed that you do it every day!! I have been alternating between 30DS and the Couch to 5k program. I love both!

Michellebelle, don't beat youself up over a bad day, the whole point of this lifestyle change is that when you overeat one day, you get back on track the very next day or as soon as you can. It's not about the mistakes you make because we are all going to make them, it's about the way you correct them after the fact. Just do your best and know that you have the support of many here on the forum. We are all in the same boat!

Sweetsu, congrats on our 7lb sweight loss!

Samisweetpea, congratulations on being considered overweight!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.