Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12 >

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Community

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Old 09-13-2011, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, when I'm struggling I find it very encouraging when someone posts her/his successes. The success of others tells me I can do that, too, if I try a little harder. So I hope everyone posts all their positive achievements. That's great about the local writers' group--I hope bf finds it inspiring. I often forget about getting in all my veggies when having to make dinner on the fly, too. It often winds up being just one serving instead of the two or three I need.

April, I wouldn't have gone with my Granny instead of bf at my granddaughter's age, either. No offense intended by her or taken by me.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Mike--I almost forgot--best wishes on the epidural tomorrow. Also wishing you comfort without your meds until you can take them again.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I walked on lunch. I altered my walking goal to just walk daily. I can't hold myself to the 30 min this week. But I still walked my 1.5 miles. I just did it in 24 min instead of 30 min!! Woohoo!
that's a 16 minute mile. That's my pace, very nice for walking, not like some stroll in the park for sure.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Caffeine can help a bit with the symptoms of not having the Adderall on board.

Just tell yourself you have to get through one or two days of being strong, then your cravings will go away. Do whatever you have to do to get through it; I promise you, it will pay off. When I was weaning off the bad eating habits recently, I got stuck on flavored sparkling water. The brand I found was Ice and the flavors are amazing, so I drank a lot of that and just told myself to get through the next couple days and it would break the pattern.

After all, who's the boss of you? You or your food?
I don't do caffeine and who knows what I can and can't have. I'm even restricted from my daily vitamin and fish oil. Who's the boss? Tony Danza is the boss, or was she?? (I'm showing my age )
Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

I used to love that show Mike! And I'm not as old as you
Old 09-13-2011, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm having my epidural tomorrow and couldn't remember if I wasn't supposed to take my adderall the day before. I didn't take it and it's BAD! After I've been off of it for a long time my apetite levels off but when I'm first coming off of it, I can eat everything in site, have bad craving and never feel satisfied.

My choices haven't been that bad but damn I'm having to fight through this. I'll only have 2 days of this, although I normall don't take it on weekends.

I need to get busy at work but can't get focused to do when I need to get done. DAMN IT!
Sorry to hear you're struggling, hang in there baby.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

I'm having my epidural tomorrow and couldn't remember if I wasn't supposed to take my adderall the day before. I didn't take it and it's BAD! After I've been off of it for a long time my apetite levels off but when I'm first coming off of it, I can eat everything in site, have bad craving and never feel satisfied.

My choices haven't been that bad but damn I'm having to fight through this. I'll only have 2 days of this, although I normall don't take it on weekends.

I need to get busy at work but can't get focused to do when I need to get done. DAMN IT!
Sounds like a bad day! You can do it, Mike. Just keep fighting; maybe chug some water? I know water isn't right when you just want to shove food, but you can do it! *hugs*
Old 09-13-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

y'all could just stay in the back and walk with me. We can eat rum cake while we walk. That time of year is beautiful here!
So first you're a hard ass and threaten me with a marathon, try and find me a workout partner, bring on the sledge dude. But now you're backing off and making it into a "let's all eat cake and walk" invitation? Well gee, that puts a totally different spin on things. LOL. So Cassie are you in?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

April, OMG I just now looked at the pics in your signature. Very nice progress, I can totally see it in your face. Do you have any before shots that show the whole you? BTW my girls saw your pics and thought they were of me, we could be sisters, except I'd be the bitter older sister with the big nose.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
So first you're a hard ass and threaten me with a marathon, try and find me a workout partner, bring on the sledge dude. But now you're backing off and making it into a "let's all eat cake and walk" invitation? Well gee, that puts a totally different spin on things. LOL. So Cassie are you in?

Not if we're just strollin' around stuffing rum cake in our pie holes. It's hard enough for me to get a decent calorie burn!

Maybe they can give him a shot for those mood swings while he's in for the epidural...
Old 09-13-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Not if we're just strollin' around stuffing rum cake in our pie holes. It's hard enough for me to get a decent calorie burn!

Maybe they can give him a shot for those mood swings while he's in for the epidural...
Gee really? The rum cake promise was sort of selling me on the plan. I'm glad somebody is feeling strong today, wiggle your fingers at the monitor and send me some will you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.