Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12 >

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Community

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Old 09-13-2011, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yunalee
i know the first time i tried i didn't take before so i never really saw the change in me. but with my rapid weight gain to back to where i was and then some made me see how big i was. seeing as now in some chairs with arm rests i have my big butt pressing against the arm rests. it really bothers me.

and i've looked at your before/after pics, you've really made yourself into a great looking guy. my fiance lost at least 40 pounds of fat, but he didn't build up muscle, so even a tiny bit of fat show on his belly and pecks.

@everyone: does anyone know if something like herbal magic works well? i need professional help with my food habits, i feel thats what really dragged me down
Thanks. That's awesome that he lost that much! You'll get back there again.

What kind of food habits do you have?

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Please tell me you're not saying that something called "herbal magic" is going to provide professional help ?
No sofa required.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness/Health Goals
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes,
2. work out Weds, Thurs, Fri M/T: N/A
3. Walk 30min M-F if not raining M: 35min,
4. Stop stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes!,

Home/Life Goals
1. Don't kill my son tonight (he got in school suspension today) He is still alive
2. Keep laundry done up M: Yes,

Rose...Your pics are beautiful. And you look very happy.

Hope...Have a great time at your wedding weekend. Try not to indulge too much and undo all your hard work.

Cassie & Amy...Thank you for the encouragement on my son. I actually took active parenting classes when preparing for fostering so I try to use some of those techniques.

Yunalee...Good for you for getting that swim in. Sounds like it makes you feel really good. Maybe you should try to get it in more often.

Mike...I figure my 30 min walks to be about 1.5 miles. I was thrown a bit of a curve this week though as my desk can't be unmanned for extended time and now I have nobody to cover my lunch hour today and the rest of the week. I still may slip out for those 30 min. It is my own discretion but I don't like to strand customers.

Ann...Good for you on losing those 2lbs! The other 2 will come off quickly too!!

Mern...Your relationship with your GD sounds like it is going just as it should be. Sorry she ditched you & exercise for the BF last week. Have to say at her age I would have too though

So after careful consideration I chose to go the route of explaining to my son how what he said to the other student could cost him seriously had he been an adult or if her parents decide they don't want him in her school anymore. I completely allowed him to voice his side of what happened and refused to tell him what the principal told me until he did so he couldn't lie. I also chose that instead of blaming him for what he did to go with how disappointed I am in the way that he CHOSE to behave. Everything that happened was up to him to do it or change it and he chose the wrong path. He is the type that tries to amp me up. He wants me to get all flustered and in a rage over what he has done. So to not go there with him is a big battle but in the end I feel better and so does he I think. He always seems more respectful for a while after one of these talks.

Thanks for listening to me as I went through this. Maybe sometime it will help someone else out. Not that I wish someone had to go through this with their son.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

You all are so sweet to congratulate me, thanks! Sometimes I feel badly posting good news when others seem to be struggling, but I think this is going to be a great week! The power of the hammer compels us!!

Tanya: Oh! Hugs and soup for you, I hope you get over the back-to-school-germs quickly and safely!

April: Sorry for the trouble you're having with your son. I hope that the talk with him went well and together you can figure out what the best steps are. Just being interested and involved helps a lot, even though it might not feel like it!

Rose:
Your pictures of bath are LOVELY, and you look so...wordly and serene in the one picture with the character actor! So happy!

yuna: Great job at getting your swimming AND walking in, I bet that feels good!

Ann: Congrats on your 2 lbs. lost! Way to go!

Monday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600) M: 1,402 (Week Average: 1,402)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 4 times. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times. M: Zumba Live! Cardio - 807 calorie burn in 55 minutes!
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories M: -1,164 (Week Total: -1,164)
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal M: no (dinner)
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week M: 31% (Weekly Average 31%)
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out M: Lunch Out (Total 1 Lunch, 0 Dinners)
8) NO WEIGHING UNTIL FRIDAY MISSY. M: Was weigh-in day - 165.4

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Halfway (No makeup)
2) For goodness sakes, do the mending M: No
3) Remember to take some "time out time" for myself every day M: yes
4) Get some cross-stitching done - maybe post pictures for encouragement! M: none done

Mondays seem to always be good days for me lifestyle-wise - I start the week out strong! I think sometimes it makes me subconsciously believe I can slack off for the rest of the week, though, so I hope that that's not a pattern. I'm going to make a conscious effort today to have a low-cal day, since I know I won't be working out. BF, who is an aspiring writer, has gotten up his gumption to go to a local writer's group here and get some advice/feedback, and I'm going to go with him as a silent cheerleader (unless he decided he doesn't want me to go - right now I'm heading with him!). Going to be a little tough to find my "alone time" today, but if he's hanging out with the group and I'm in the background (it's at a local bar/restaurant called "The Warehouse") I'll plan to bring a book and have some chill-out time.

Mad at myself that I forgot veggies with dinner last night! I made it on the fly and just didn't think of it until I was done eating and full. Don't hammer me too hard, Mike! I intend to make up for it today!!

Happy Tuesday all!

~Terri
Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

April, sometimes life throws us a curve ball. You can only do what you can do.

Terri, tisk tisk tisk. Get it together sister!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
If I lived in or could get to NO that time of year, I would SO DO IT!!!!!!
Well let's see, I've got an SIL that owns a house in GA. So maybe you can create a problem for her at the rental, and she'll fly down to straighten it out. I'll convince her to do the marathon and you climb in her carry on when she isn't looking. I'll get down there in DH's carry on and we'll all meet up with Mike for rum cake, um I mean carb loading. Running makes DH purple, but he's got at least 3-4 miles in him.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunny24
My husband did actually play in the band in high school but not college. He went to school here in IL.
Well your DH has a twin then, his name is Don and he plays the trombone. My DH supposedly played in the marching band, but from what I could tell it was just an excuse to get together with a bunch of fellow sports nuts and drink heavily.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Default Today is a struggle!

I'm having my epidural tomorrow and couldn't remember if I wasn't supposed to take my adderall the day before. I didn't take it and it's BAD! After I've been off of it for a long time my apetite levels off but when I'm first coming off of it, I can eat everything in site, have bad craving and never feel satisfied.

My choices haven't been that bad but damn I'm having to fight through this. I'll only have 2 days of this, although I normall don't take it on weekends.

I need to get busy at work but can't get focused to do when I need to get done. DAMN IT!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Well let's see, I've got an SIL that owns a house in GA. So maybe you can create a problem for her at the rental, and she'll fly down to straighten it out. I'll convince her to do the marathon and you climb in her carry on when she isn't looking. I'll get down there in DH's carry on and we'll all meet up with Mike for rum cake, um I mean carb loading. Running makes DH purple, but he's got at least 3-4 miles in him.
y'all could just stay in the back and walk with me. We can eat rum cake while we walk. That time of year is beautiful here!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

I walked on lunch. I altered my walking goal to just walk daily. I can't hold myself to the 30 min this week. But I still walked my 1.5 miles. I just did it in 24 min instead of 30 min!! Woohoo!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm having my epidural tomorrow and couldn't remember if I wasn't supposed to take my adderall the day before. I didn't take it and it's BAD! After I've been off of it for a long time my apetite levels off but when I'm first coming off of it, I can eat everything in site, have bad craving and never feel satisfied.

My choices haven't been that bad but damn I'm having to fight through this. I'll only have 2 days of this, although I normall don't take it on weekends.

I need to get busy at work but can't get focused to do when I need to get done. DAMN IT!
Caffeine can help a bit with the symptoms of not having the Adderall on board.

Just tell yourself you have to get through one or two days of being strong, then your cravings will go away. Do whatever you have to do to get through it; I promise you, it will pay off. When I was weaning off the bad eating habits recently, I got stuck on flavored sparkling water. The brand I found was Ice and the flavors are amazing, so I drank a lot of that and just told myself to get through the next couple days and it would break the pattern.

After all, who's the boss of you? You or your food?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.