Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12 >

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Community
Notices

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Old 09-13-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker

Ann, that pic is fantastic!!! You look absolutely marvelous, keep up all that running hunny, cause it is working for you! Oh and just a question, did your husband play in the marching band at UofM, mid 90's? Cause he looks exactly like one of DH's drinking buddies, I mean band chums.
My husband did actually play in the band in high school but not college. He went to school here in IL.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Health and Fitness:

Ann: I appreciate your participation, but enough chit chattin'. Do you plan on posting goals sometime today? If you can't think of any, I'd be glad to help.
Ok smart ass, here are my goals. And BTW - Down 2 pounds since yesterday so just another two to be back where I was before I left.

Goals for the week:

Stay under 1200 calories for the day
Workout every day this week - Gym yesterday and today at lunch - Check
NO ALCOHOL - My liver is still recovering from all the wine over the weekend.
And lastly, lose 2 more pounds to get myself back on track.

I still want to try and hit 150 by 10/17 so I need to really focus on the workouts in order to hit that goal.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
If I lived in or could get to NO that time of year, I would SO DO IT!!!!!!
If? My dad use to say "if 'I'd' were a skiff, blah blah blah" make it happen!
Originally Posted by Hunny24
Ok smart ass, here are my goals. And BTW - Down 2 pounds since yesterday so just another two to be back where I was before I left.

Goals for the week:

Stay under 1200 calories for the day
Workout every day this week - Gym yesterday and today at lunch - Check
NO ALCOHOL - My liver is still recovering from all the wine over the weekend.
And lastly, lose 2 more pounds to get myself back on track.

I still want to try and hit 150 by 10/17 so I need to really focus on the workouts in order to hit that goal.
very good, slack nasty. Today I was 176.4, down 2.6. I know that with my back I can't do 50 push ups but I also know that I won't NEED to. btw nasty isn't always a bad word.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Ann! A whopping congrats on a whopping 2 lbs. lost! Way to go!

Hope, yes, I was in Slackersville last week and oddly enough from about Thursday through Sunday. I'm back on track now. I hope YOU will do better at your getaway for the family wedding THIS Thursday through Sunday. So glad you enjoyed Bath--thanks for sharing those photos.

Cassie, I'm doing fine now after returning from Slackersville. Thanks for asking. Kudos to you for posting all weekend! LOL on jiggling the whole mountain range.

Amy, you are off to a great start this week. I may have missed it--what costumes are you making for Halloween? So far it's working out great with live in GD. I just talked with her last night to be sure she's not homesick and wanting to move back home--which is an option for her any time she wants and I would not be offended. At this point she wants to stay, even though I cut back since school started on how much time she and her bf visit each other and talk on the phone. She and bf accepted the restrictions without argument. Both are honor students and actually do study together in my kitchen or living room for two classes they have together-- calculus and AP English. She didn't exercise with me all last week, though--but she had some big school assignments taking up much of her free time, so she chose talking on the phone with bf in her free time over exercising with me. Imagine THAT! LOL

Monday Report so-so. But it's an improvement over last week:

Calorie limit 1600 1271
Saturated fat average 11% of total calories (down from 12% past two months) 13%
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg 234
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 16.9g
Fiber target 30g 12g
Veggies and fruits 6 servings per day 3
Track protein grams and % of total calories 93g or 31`%

Water 64 oz. guessing only about 24
Exercise 5 days NO
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 2
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 4

Last edited by Mern; 09-13-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning Mern! Great job on favoring the C's. Calories, carbs and cholesterol looking good! I think the W is feeling left out.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

hi guys, i had a not so bad day yesterday. first time i went swimming for fitness.

it was a 25m pool, what would you consider a lap, going one way or back and forth once?. if it's the back and forth i think i at least did 10, i didn't really keep great track, but i will next time.

i still need to work on my food consumption but i'll figure it out in due time with my new time table.

i need to make my new hobby being active some how!

Mike: i took some crappy mirror reflection pictures. i'm not comfortable showing myself yet, I'll probably get my fiance to take better pictures of me tomorrow. i'll try and make it a monthly deal, or once a week better?

monday report:

Health Goals:
1. 3 Bottles of water (3 cups of water for the bottle i use): no( had 2 tho)
2. wii fit 30mins 6/7 days:yes
3. 10,000 steps 6/7 days:,no
4. only going out for food once this week:went out for dinner with the parents.
5. go swimming twice:yes, (it was fun!)

Life Goals:
-finish up commissions: none
- finish this week homework to do list: yes, did my readings for class today
Old 09-13-2011, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

very good, slack nasty. Today I was 176.4, down 2.6. I know that with my back I can't do 50 push ups but I also know that I won't NEED to. btw nasty isn't always a bad word.
Yeah I'm picking up what you're throwing down. I am a city chick from Chi-town afterall. Great job on your 2.6 as well. Keep it up cupcake!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yunalee
Mike: i took some crappy mirror reflection pictures. i'm not comfortable showing myself yet, I'll probably get my fiance to take better pictures of me tomorrow. i'll try and make it a monthly deal, or once a week better?
Actually for now, the pics will be for you. People tell me all the time how much my pics motivated them, what they don't realize is how much your own pics can and will motivate you. As far as time frame, weekly would probably be too often. The reason for it is to see change, for some people it may be every other week, monthly or less often. I'd say get some good pics now. Get busy, I mean really busy. Pour your heart and soul into it like you've never done for anything in the past. After you've dropped 10 pounds, take pics again, try to get the same location and same poses. IMO digital pics are the best b/c you can easily edit them into being a side by side comparison. Once you get to a weight or a size that you are semi comfortable with, you'll be willing to post pics of you at your worst! If you don't have those before pics, you'll be kicking yourself! Ask anyone that has or hasn't taken before pics. They'll all say they are glad they did, or WISH they had.

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Yeah I'm picking up what you're throwing down. I am a city chick from Chi-town afterall. Great job on your 2.6 as well. Keep it up cupcake!
I was in Chi-town last year. Had a great time, but didn't make it back to the hotel until like 4:30am. Cupcake? Aww, I guess that means I can have a blueberry muffin for breakfast.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Actually for now, the pics will be for you. People tell me all the time how much my pics motivated them, what they don't realize is how much your own pics can and will motivate you. As far as time frame, weekly would probably be too often. The reason for it is to see change, for some people it may be every other week, monthly or less often. I'd say get some good pics now. Get busy, I mean really busy. Pour your heart and soul into it like you've never done for anything in the past. After you've dropped 10 pounds, take pics again, try to get the same location and same poses. IMO digital pics are the best b/c you can easily edit them into being a side by side comparison. Once you get to a weight or a size that you are semi comfortable with, you'll be willing to post pics of you at your worst! If you don't have those before pics, you'll be kicking yourself! Ask anyone that has or hasn't taken before pics. They'll all say they are glad they did, or WISH they had.
i know the first time i tried i didn't take before so i never really saw the change in me. but with my rapid weight gain to back to where i was and then some made me see how big i was. seeing as now in some chairs with arm rests i have my big butt pressing against the arm rests. it really bothers me.

and i've looked at your before/after pics, you've really made yourself into a great looking guy. my fiance lost at least 40 pounds of fat, but he didn't build up muscle, so even a tiny bit of fat show on his belly and pecks.

@everyone: does anyone know if something like herbal magic works well? i need professional help with my food habits, i feel thats what really dragged me down
Old 09-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yunalee
@everyone: does anyone know if something like herbal magic works well? i need professional help with my food habits, i feel thats what really dragged me down
Please tell me you're not saying that something called "herbal magic" is going to provide professional help ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.