Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12 >

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Community

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Old 09-18-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

really slacking right now
fri/sat updates

Health Goals:
1. 3 Bottles of water (3 cups of water for the bottle i use): no( had 2 tho), yes,yes, no (2),no ,no
2. wii fit 30mins 6/7 days:yes, yes,yes, no,yes, no
3. 10,000 steps 6/7 days:,no, yes ,yes, no, no ,no
4. only going out for food once this week:went out for dinner with the parents.no going out for food today.,no, but only had a sub does it count??, had a sub for lunch again, no, no
5. go swimming twice:yes, (it was fun!), no,no, noyes

Life Goals:
-finish up commissions: none, no,no, no, no, no
- finish this week homework to do list: yes, did my readings for class today, noyes, this week done onto next weeks list, no, no, no
Old 09-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, is your bf starting to act funny yet or question why you've been getting made up? How's it making YOU feel about YOURSELF?
Old 09-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

The Good: I lost some weight, only 3.4 pounds for the week. I've already worked out twice (will probably get in my third one today). I got a lot accomplished this week.

The Bad: I won't hit my weight goal. I may not hit my walking goal.

The Ugly: Didn't log anything from dinner on last night. Up until that point I was at a 1674 calories deficit for the day. I probably made up for the deficit or even ended up with a surplus. I have no clue. For my walking goal, I waited too long after this epidural to get back into it. I felt like I needed to give my body a rest but I now think I was just giving my mind a rest, my body could have handled it.

My Thoughts Right Now: This week I was too obsessed with the scale. I know this is a long term deal and I need to quit trying to rush it and make big short term weight goals. I did much better with nutrition and my weight goal this last time when I gave myself five weeks. I feel bad for what I ate last night. Not "girl" bad but "guy" bad. I'll explain... I don't feel bad b/c last night would be considered a cheat, but b/c it was with wheat thins and chips while watching the fight. I almost feel like it's a wasted cheat b/c I woke up this morning craving real food, you know... a Butterfinger or Reeses Blast. I'm sitting here thinking that if I didn't eat the dumb crackers and junk I'd really be able to enjoy a cheat. I'm also sitting here thinking (right now as I'm typing this) that we all know me, I'll give in and get that damn Blast anyway.

Health and Fitness:
Initial Weigh in 179.0
1. Drop 5 pounds this week (weigh in daily in the morning):T:176.4,W:179.0 I went on a nut rampage, too much salt, Th:175.2, Fr: 175.0, Sat: 176.4, Sun: 175.6 (-3.4)
2. Workout 3 times this week (maybe only 2 since I'm getting another epidural this week):no ,yes, no, no (I wanted to but I'm trying to be good), yes, 0
3. Walk 10 miles: 2.0, 0, 0, 0 (I probably should have, it may have loosened me up some), 0, 4
4. -3000 calories for the week: -708. +885, -1535 (Take that slackers! ), -1336, 0, ??? (... and that! ) -2694 so far
5. Post up my Journal: 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
6: Keep the slackers
accountable:
Amy:
Ann:
yunalee:
Terri:
April:
Rose:
Non Health & Fitness:
7. Get Heart worm medication for Chloe': No, Yes DONE
8. Give Chloe' and Mytsie a bath: No, Yes DONE
9. Give my car a bath: No, No, No, Yes DONE

Ann, Saints vs. Bears... any prediction?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-18-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Terri, is your bf starting to act funny yet or question why you've been getting made up? How's it making YOU feel about YOURSELF?
Mike - Before I went on my "mental break" from my weight loss I had been getting made up fairly regularly - to BF's delight - and then I stopped. Now that I've started again, he's been encouraging me and making it a point to tell me every morning before I leave for work that I look beautiful, especially once I've got the makeup done. He's very much a fan of the look. (Actually, I think if he had it his way, I'd be even MORE made up. He's such a fan of the 50s and 60s look, with meticulous hair and nails and face just-so).

As for how it makes me feel, it makes me less self-conscious, is the first thing I can think of. It makes me feel like "Ok, my face is one less thing I have to worry about." I don't know if I necessarily feel "prettier" but I feel more professional and put-together. It makes me feel like I've put my best foot forward, or given myself an advantage, going into the day, and that's really worth something.

Since I've gotten rid of all my "fat clothes" my wardrobe is vastly depleted. I don't have a lot of money to spend on clothes right now in anticipation of traveling, but that is my next self-confidence area of attack - buying good clothing. I bought a few pieces, but nothing like what I need for a day-to-day put-together feeling. I do the best I can with the pieces that I have most days.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, that's just great. Also have a few nice pieces in the closet that you can mix and match and a little imagination you can come up with a bunch of different outfits.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Beautiful day. Would love to be out exercising but think I have food poisoning from Rib Fest. My daughter and I both are suffering. Afraid to get too far from the house. Hopefully later can go for a bike ride. Does food poisoning weight loss count? Mary
Old 09-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mary, so sorry to hear that. I would say it counts as weight loss only if it doesn't come back after you get better. Hopefully you'll get it out of your system soon.

Terri, wish you lived closer! I'd definitely be outdoorsy with you. It's possible that if you could get someone to come along with you one time, they may very well be hooked. I'm in the same place as you for clothing as well. I've gotten new slacks and jeans, but am making the tops I had "work." When I had my professional pics done for the website, though, it made me realize that I am probably kidding myself; they really do look too big. I don't particularly care for shopping in general; maybe we should get together for a couple weeks and shop and hike and shop and hike . At any rate, look at what you've conquered so far: cooking, makeup, eating, exercise...now on to clothing!

Mike, sorry to hear about the unplanned cheat day. Had to chuckle at a Butterfinger Blast being considered "real food," but I hear what you're saying. Congrats on those 3.4 pounds, now get your butt out for a walk after the game's over!

yunalee, what's behind your slacking this week (as you put it)? Anything we can help motivate you with? Hang in there, girl, you know you can do this.

Tanya, hope you are feeling better by now!!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, good idea. I may just go take a walk later.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Thanks, that would be a good choice; I have about 200 cals left. I just had some pistachios as well.

I saw a new commercial today. Completely empty room, nothing in the background; two school chairs in it facing each other. A very overweight woman comes in and sits down in one of the chairs, and an overweight boy, probably about 10, sits in the one facing her. He says, "Mom, why am I fat?" The two of them just look at each other and the picture fades. There's a public-service notice for an agency I didn't catch, but it is apparently part of Georgia's efforts against childhood obesity...and goodness knows we need it here.

I guess the first step is awareness.
Since I'm in a philosophical mood today I had to reply to this commercial. My first reaction is: poverty. Yes bad decisions and lack of awareness are a big part of it. But cheap food is often calorie laden, nutritionally lacking food. And many poor areas are seriously lacking in good groceries stores where fresh food can be purchased.

Working around a university I get to meet a lot of international scholars. One of the things many from developing countries notice and comment on is that our poor people are fat, while our rich people are thin. Just the opposite of the situation in thier home countries.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys. Just saw an ugly Bears game today...although Mike I'm sure you thought it was a great game for your Saints. Didn't have any dessert at last nights family party and small portions of stuff for this morning's party. Its raining here pretty good at the moment so I am going to run 4 miles later on tonight, which will give me four runs for the week.

This coming week is going to be tough since the hubby will be in London for work until Thursday. So still planning to get a quick workout in on Mon, Tues and Thur at work but won't be able to run outside until he gets back on Thursday. I might have to ask my mom to stay later tomorrow or Tuesday so I can run right when I get home from work. But not sure if that's possible.

But going to keep a tight reign on the diet this whole week since we have our annual big poker tournament at our house on Saturday. At least I will be able to serve some healthy snack and dinner options along with the unhealthy ones that I won't be eating.

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend and enjoy every minute before we all have to go back to work tomorrow morning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.